Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,543 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

The Bitter Experience Of Gionee - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Bitter Experience Of Gionee (21388 Views)

My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu / Help! What's The Price Of Gionee M6 Mirror Screen / My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by KingsleyCEO: 4:14am On Sep 09, 2017
The bitter experience of Gionee
The journey thus far.
Some time last year around July 2016 I walk into a phone shop to get a new Tecno phone with the aim of using it to replace to old one, while I was there this pretty lady walked up to me and told me about the much advertised Gionee M5 plus phone after preaching with lots of conviction I told myself there was need to explore new stuff instead of sticking to just one brand. At this point I gave in to her and purchased the phone, I only had one SIM card with me at the point of purchase which they helped me fit in the device while. I was told I can always insert the second when I get home. But on getting home I did insert the second SIM card as I was told, but to my greatest shock it didn’t work. At this point I called the lady she told me to come immediately which I did, but after wasting my transport to come down they didn’t collect the phone I was told to come back again the following week after which they gave me a replacement.
Fast forward to 2017 I discovered the phone started showing phone rooted click to repair I did what was prompted severally but no soluction
After some time, my charger got damaged after much findings I was told there is an authorized service center in Bannex, Wuse Zone 2, FCT, Abuja.

Poorest Service |Center so far
I have every reason to say this because I have used other care center before especially tecno, they accord you the highest respect maybe you guys should visit tecno care in zone 4. But on getting there to Gionee care center, I related the first issue of the phone showing rooted and explained to the guy that I never rooted the phone and I also didn’t give the phone to anybody and that the finger print lock is what I always used and at such no other person has access to the phone except me, they confronted me that I did, at a point I had to tell the guy that if I rooted the phone will he beat me up? So what is my gain if I lied? they reluctantly collected the phone and charged me #2,000, which I paid after then I told them I will love to get the charger and requested for the price they told me me a very crazy price that I was not comfortable with they further said the charger is not available yet, the price still got me thinking that I had to go online to search for Gionee customer care center number which I called and I was given a different price which was #1,000 less than what I told at the Abuja care centre in Bannex and also went further to give me the separate prices for the charger head and USB cable and said they could be purchased separately I explained things to the agent concerning the office Abuja people gave, the agent appologized and told me to please go back and meet John directly.

Before going to meet John, I called him on the phone to ask if the charger was available he told me yes. on getting there yesterday 8th September I requested to buy charger they brought it out with a USB cable I told the guy that I just want only the head and have no need for the USB cable to my greatest shock I was told they don't sell separately that I must buy both then I requested to see John he told me he was busy I had to call out loud the said John who came out from the inner room without any attention and told me they don't sell it separately and that's it and walked back.even when I tried to tell him I have reached out to online customer call center no way he was not even hearing me.

My terrible mistake
I have by all this experience learnt to stick to what works and not jumping into what is not certain.

My regrets
I recommend this brand to close friends and colleagues who purchased, but they who will come for my head if they get this kind of experience but thanks to God next year we will be given new allowance to get new device I pray everyone's device don't fail so I can correct my mistakes in due time.

My simple solution
On Monday next week I will just visit tecno care center and buy one infinix charger head and manage the device till next year.

My conclusion is you guys can keep your accessories to yourself and eat them because this is the first and last time I will ever use anything that has the name Gionee or any related to it.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by LUGBE: 5:46am On Sep 09, 2017
Well said but you would have told how much they told you to buy the charger, and also call back the service center.

Anyways Gionee has to do something about their employees in that banex plaza, they are always money conscious as against service.

I have also had my ugly experience there, it was not funny but i managed it.

13 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Nutase: 7:31am On Sep 09, 2017
Probably not paid well. So they have to complete their salary through hustling.

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Judek2(m): 7:48am On Sep 09, 2017
Gionee Phones Are Much Better Than Tekno, Infinix And Their Likes. You Should Complain About Their Workers Not Their Phones.

116 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by joehis2013: 8:02am On Sep 09, 2017
It's the same in ikeja computer village, their services are extremely poor and their staff are so unprofessional.

6 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by joehis2013: 8:06am On Sep 09, 2017
Judek2:
Gionee Phones Are Much Better Than Tekno, Infinix And Their Likes.
You Should Complain About Their Workers Not Their Phones.
I am sure you will run from their products after experiencing there poor customer service.

9 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by sweetestever(f): 8:09am On Sep 09, 2017
but am using gionee p3
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by DONADAMS(m): 8:17am On Sep 09, 2017
Hmmmm...their workers seem to be the problem
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by FemiEddy(m): 9:01am On Sep 09, 2017
I can never buy all this low standard phones tecno,infinix,injioo and the rest, I have had crazy experience, bad customer service, no available parts like screen , battery and so on.
I will always purchase an international mobile brand like Samsung, LG, Nokia etc. God will provide money

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by cr7rooney10(m): 9:02am On Sep 09, 2017
Phone without second value

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by iamdull(m): 9:02am On Sep 09, 2017
Eyaa
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 09, 2017
Chai

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 09, 2017

Either use a Samsung, A tecno, or an iPhone.

Any other product is trash like actual trash!

Infinix gionee and the rest I don't even patronise these products, I've had really awful xperiences with them.

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by MEILYN(m): 9:04am On Sep 09, 2017
You are correct about GIONEE customer service. They have the poorest customer service in Nigeria, they almost got me mad bro. I spent a lot of money going to their office every week just to collect my GIONEE M5 Plus which developed charging problems a few weeks after I bought the phone. Well, I was happy at the end of the day as the phone hasn't given me any problems since then and I am enjoying the phone, but they need to work on their customer service. See the way people were complaining at Ikeja, Lagos. I felt like punching one of their staff in the face at first.

Lol, I was happy after their service though but I had to go through hell before they delivered. In fact, if not for a guy called Uche at Ikeja, I would have ended up screaming and shouting at their office

What is my point?

The phone is a great phone. I have been using it for months, next month will make it a year. The only problem I had with the phone was the charging port, they fixed it free of charge and it's been working ever since without problems. I had reasons to believe it was the charger that got spoilt and not even the charging port because after they fixed the charging port, the charger I was using didn't work until I bought a new charger. Now I just buy a new Cord and everything will be back to normal.

GIONEE M5 Plus is a great phone, but GIONEE customer service is poor.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Jexyme(f): 9:05am On Sep 09, 2017
I use Gionee M5 mini and it's one of the best phones I've used apart from the likes of Samsung.

People around always use my phone charger because it charges fast.

You've just experienced a bad customer care service... Ndo!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by kelvyn7: 9:06am On Sep 09, 2017
shocked

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Techpaded(f): 9:07am On Sep 09, 2017
sad
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by WhoBeThisMan: 9:07am On Sep 09, 2017
It's so difficult getting a replacement charger for gionee. I've bit about 8 different chargers non seems to work well. If I had know, I would have treated my original charger nicely cry embarassed embarassed

6 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by marvin902(m): 9:08am On Sep 09, 2017
i disagree with you..
if you kow how many times my gionee phone don fall screen just dey crack anyhow..
water go still pour for the screen any how.. grin grin grin
and is still going strong..
if it was techno,htc i for don frustrate with screen and calibrator problem undecided undecided undecided

19 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Lakeshizu(m): 9:08am On Sep 09, 2017
The charger is #4500 in computer village. Useless phone. Mine is already on olx.....last price is 38k.
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 09, 2017
grin
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by zulex880: 9:11am On Sep 09, 2017
Sounding like a paid Tecno agent tho angry

8 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Flashh: 9:11am On Sep 09, 2017
Evaberry:

Either use a Samsung, A tecno, or an iPhone.

Any other product is trash like actual trash!

Infinix gionee and the rest I don't even patronise these products, I've had really awful xperiences with them.
Mr Man, just remove United Kingdom from your profile. On behalf of those you're deceiving. grin

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Sleekydee(m): 9:11am On Sep 09, 2017
my colleague in the office uses Gionee m5 plus... got it ard 68k wen it came out.... dude has no complains till date.

16 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Abfinest007(m): 9:12am On Sep 09, 2017
all mobile phone brand have their own HIV virus. even iPhone and Samsung has eir own

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by obaival(m): 9:13am On Sep 09, 2017
Am 1 of d gionee fans & de ar serving me well..

17 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by maklelemakukula(m): 9:13am On Sep 09, 2017
That one na im own wahala, he should get off our front page.
SEUN you know you can be prosecuted for this!

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Arysexy(m): 9:13am On Sep 09, 2017
Rocking my Gionee M5, charger burnt and I couldn't get replacement from gionee office. Went to open market and got good Samsung charger for 2500. Charges very fast.

Sorry OP. I have used techno before using this gionee. I can never go back to tecno.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

iPhone 6 Leaked Photo? / Mtn Reset Code No Longer Works / Government Moves NIN-SIM Linkage Deadline To April 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.