Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,027 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:40 AM

The Bitter Experience Of Gionee - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Bitter Experience Of Gionee (21316 Views)

My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu / Help! What's The Price Of Gionee M6 Mirror Screen / My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by johnlegend01: 9:13am On Sep 09, 2017
My experience with them is quite different but I prevailed.
I gave them a phone for repairs and it was misplaced. I was given another phone though.
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Partnerbiz3: 9:14am On Sep 09, 2017
I have been using Gionee phone from March 2015 till date. No single issue at all.

5 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by deepwater(f): 9:15am On Sep 09, 2017
Moral of the story

Don't listen to pretty lady advise undecided
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Partnerbiz3: 9:15am On Sep 09, 2017
KingsleyCEO:
The bitter experience of Gionee
The journey thus far.
Some time last year around July 2016 I walk into a phone shop to get a new Tecno phone with the aim of using it to replace to old one, while I was there this pretty lady walked up to me and told me about the much advertised Gionee M5 plus phone after preaching with lots of conviction I told myself there was need to explore new stuff instead of sticking to just one brand. At this point I gave in to her and purchased the phone, I only had one SIM card with me at the point of purchase which they helped me fit in the device while. I was told I can always insert the second when I get home. But on getting home I did insert the second SIM card as I was told, but to my greatest shock it didn’t work. At this point I called the lady she told me to come immediately which I did, but after wasting my transport to come down they didn’t collect the phone I was told to come back again the following week after which they gave me a replacement.
Fast forward to 2017 I discovered the phone started showing phone rooted click to repair I did what was prompted severally but no soluction
After some time, my charger got damaged after much findings I was told there is an authorized service center in Bannex, Wuse Zone 2, FCT, Abuja.

Poorest Service |Center so far
I have every reason to say this because I have used other care center before especially tecno, they accord you the highest respect maybe you guys should visit tecno care in zone 4. But on getting there to Gionee care center, I related the first issue of the phone showing rooted and explained to the guy that I never rooted the phone and I also didn’t give the phone to anybody and that the finger print lock is what I always used and at such no other person has access to the phone except me, they confronted me that I did, at a point I had to tell the guy that if I rooted the phone will he beat me up? So what is my gain if I lied? they reluctantly collected the phone and charged me #2,000, which I paid after then I told them I will love to get the charger and requested for the price they told me me a very crazy price that I was not comfortable with they further said the charger is not available yet, the price still got me thinking that I had to go online to search for Gionee customer care center number which I called and I was given a different price which was #1,000 less than what I told at the Abuja care centre in Bannex and also went further to give me the separate prices for the charger head and USB cable and said they could be purchased separately I explained things to the agent concerning the office Abuja people gave, the agent appologized and told me to please go back and meet John directly.

Before going to meet John, I called him on the phone to ask if the charger was available he told me yes. on getting there yesterday 8th September I requested to buy charger they brought it out with a USB cable I told the guy that I just want only the head and have no need for the USB cable to my greatest shock I was told they don't sell separately that I must buy both then I requested to see John he told me he was busy I had to call out loud the said John who came out from the inner room without any attention and told me they don't sell it separately and that's it and walked back.even when I tried to tell him I have reached out to online customer call center no way he was not even hearing me.

My terrible mistake
I have by all this experience learnt to stick to what works and not jumping into what is not certain.

My regrets
I recommend this brand to close friends and colleagues who purchased, but they who will come for my head if they get this kind of experience but thanks to God next year we will be given new allowance to get new device I pray everyone's device don't fail so I can correct my mistakes in due time.

My simple solution
On Monday next week I will just visit tecno care center and buy one infinix charger head and manage the device till next year.

My conclusion is you guys can keep your accessories to yourself and eat them because this is the first and last time I will ever use anything that has the name Gionee or any related to it.

I have been using Gionee phone from March 2015 till date.
No single issue at all.

4 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Tunagee(m): 9:15am On Sep 09, 2017
KingsleyCEO:
The journey thus far.
Some time last year around July 2016 I walk into a phone shop to get a new Tecno phone with the aim of using it to replace to old one, while I was there this pretty lady walked up to me and told me about the much advertised Gionee M5 plus phone after preaching with lots of conviction I told myself there was need to explore new stuff instead of sticking to just one brand. At this point I gave in to her and purchased the phone, I only had one SIM card with me at the point of purchase which they helped me fit in the device while. I was told I can always insert the second when I get home. But on getting home I did insert the second SIM card as I was told, but to my greatest shock it didn’t work. At this point I called the lady she told me to come immediately which I did, but after wasting my transport to come down they didn’t collect the phone I was told to come back again the following week after which they gave me a replacement.
Fast forward to 2017 I discovered the phone started showing phone rooted click to repair I did what was prompted severally but no soluction
After some time, my charger got damaged after much findings I was told there is an authorized service center in Bannex, Wuse Zone 2, FCT, Abuja.

I have every reason to say this because I have used other care center before especially tecno, they accord you the highest respect maybe you guys should visit tecno care in zone 4. But on getting there to Gionee care center, I related the first issue of the phone showing rooted and explained to the guy that I never rooted the phone and I also didn’t give the phone to anybody and that the finger print lock is what I always used and at such no other person has access to the phone except me, they confronted me that I did, at a point I had to tell the guy that if I rooted the phone will he beat me up? So what is my gain if I lied? they reluctantly collected the phone and charged me #2,000, which I paid after then I told them I will love to get the charger and requested for the price they told me me a very crazy price that I was not comfortable with they further said the charger is not available yet, the price still got me thinking that I had to go online to search for Gionee customer care center number which I called and I was given a different price which was #1,000 less than what I told at the Abuja care centre in Bannex and also went further to give me the separate prices for the charger head and USB cable and said they could be purchased separately I explained things to the agent concerning the office Abuja people gave, the agent appologized and told me to please go back and meet John directly.

Before going to meet John, I called him on the phone to ask if the charger was available he told me yes. on getting there yesterday 8th September I requested to buy charger they brought it out with a USB cable I told the guy that I just want only the head and have no need for the USB cable to my greatest shock I was told they don't sell separately that I must buy both then I requested to see John he told me he was busy I had to call out loud the said John who came out from the inner room without any attention and told me they don't sell it separately and that's it and walked back.even when I tried to tell him I have reached out to online customer call center no way he was not even hearing me.

My terrible mistake
I have by all this experience learnt to stick to what works and not jumping into what is not certain.

My regrets
I recommend this brand to close friends and colleagues who purchased, but they who will come for my head if they get this kind of experience but thanks to God next year we will be given new allowance to get new device I pray everyone's device don't fail so I can correct my mistakes in due time.

My simple solution
On Monday next week I will just visit tecno care center and buy one infinix charger head and manage the device till next year.

My conclusion is you guys can keep your accessories to yourself and eat them because this is the first and last time I will ever use anything that has the name Gionee or any related to it.

Gionee that was practically begging when their brand came to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by PrinceMario(m): 9:16am On Sep 09, 2017
This life sha... I'm feed up with the crappy tecno I bought some weeks ago and about trading it off to go back to my gionee or Xiaomi... And here you are complaining about Gionee.
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by queenfav(f): 9:16am On Sep 09, 2017
Gionee phones are durable, the best out of other popular china brands in Nigeria .. I can vouch for them because since 2015,i have​ used three of their phones back to back! My m6 fell on a tarred road in june.. D screen glass cracked, but the phone is working fine. They just need to work on their staff!

5 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by drlaykay(m): 9:20am On Sep 09, 2017
Don't come here and paint gionee bad.. It's far better than tecno and the likes.. Been using it since 2013,no regrets.
Seems you are working for tecno

5 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 09, 2017
I am still rocking my Gionee F103 pro and it is serving me wella, Infact I prefer Gionee to any other Chinese brand.

5 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Relixy2k: 9:24am On Sep 09, 2017
Next time I will suggest you buy a samsung if you want an andriod phone. I have people using this Gionee and the likes, I realise the graphics is dull unlike Samsung. The touch screen isnt a super smooth experience like Samsung phones. Try a good samsung phone from at least S5 and above. You will enjoy it.
KingsleyCEO:
The journey thus far.

My terrible mistake

My regrets

My simple solution

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by introvertme: 9:25am On Sep 09, 2017
KingsleyCEO:
The journey thus far.

The exact issue I'm facing cheesy
Charger blow,sim port no de perform well,showing that rooted shii
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Emimade: 9:27am On Sep 09, 2017
we can supply cashew nuts to you in large quantity. We supply right to any part of Nigeria. Let us know if you are interested so we talk and commence supplies. Please call: 08030577335, for more informations. Thanks.
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Ptwealth: 9:27am On Sep 09, 2017
Oga I use m5 as well and the d phone is gud I min vry gud as per d care center at banex av bin there and d service I recv was standard so am wondering wia dt one hapn

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by introvertme: 9:28am On Sep 09, 2017
Arysexy:
Rocking my Gionee M5, charger burnt I couldn't get replacement from gionee office. Went to open market and got good Samsung charger for 2500. Charges very fast.

Sorry OP. Have used techno before using this gionee. I can never go back to tecno.

same here,I used tecno b4 m5

anytime I want to browse,I'll go close to the window or stand on my bed,cos of sim port wahala

3 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by MrDoGood(m): 9:30am On Sep 09, 2017
Team #Sony and #Microsoft
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by ak22(m): 9:35am On Sep 09, 2017
My gionee m2 is almost 4 years old now working perfectly ok, but the problem I have with it is that, I used to be too careless so I have change the screen for almost 3 times since I bought it after that akuna Matata .but when is 4 years I will change it to oukitel k6000. I love that has good battery not fance phone .

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by CASTOSVILLA(m): 9:37am On Sep 09, 2017
Evaberry:

Either use a Samsung, A tecno, or an iPhone.

Any other product is trash like actual trash!

Infinix gionee and the rest I don't even patronise these products, I've had really awful xperiences with them.
Are you for real? Even Sony, LG, Motorola, Nokia follow for the trash.
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by gspace1960(m): 9:45am On Sep 09, 2017
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by ZACHIE: 9:46am On Sep 09, 2017
I have the mind to abuse this poster but I will not.
Gionee is by miles superior to Tecno. Just don't go there.
Your bad manner rubbed off on those guys and you got served.
This is Gionee M6. It is nearing a year without issues.
If you know how I use phones, you will understand what a great phone this Gionee is.
Bad market.

5 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by bravesoul247(m): 9:49am On Sep 09, 2017
Thank God my Tecno spark doesn't give these problems
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 09, 2017
lathrowinger:
Hi
There is a site I will send to u
U are to register
And as soon as u refer person
U will earn money
A friend of money just cash out tonight
http://suredrsahy.trade/5120468925275
Thats the link�... Register and follow the instructions... bet u, u will thanks me later
If u need any other further questions, kindly contact me.
Let's make money together
Just register to the site and advertise their goods and also invite more people then u wil earn money. It's as easy that.

Kindly gimme further clarification on this. How does it work, really? I registered but have no idea especially about referrals
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by edicied: 9:58am On Sep 09, 2017
Xender and Flashshear no day work for that phone
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by akinszz: 9:59am On Sep 09, 2017
ogboz:
Stop bad mouthing gionee abeg some people have actually had great experiences with these phones. I for one have had issues with my new iPhone 7 but you don't see me bad mouthing apple on the internet
picture of ur iPhone 7 or I don't........

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by omogin(f): 9:59am On Sep 09, 2017
Judek2:
Gionee Phones Are Much Better Than Tekno, Infinix And Their Likes.
You Should Complain About Their Workers Not Their Phones.
Big lie
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Sall(m): 10:00am On Sep 09, 2017
Well have been using my Gionne phone now for the past four years, and I enjoyed using it more than every order brand have been using with it long lasting battery.
The customers service at Ikeja service centre are doing quite OK because the last time went there to fixe my phone I was well attended to.
You can have an issue with some service centre or your phone that doesn't mean the customers service centre are generally bad or the phone is bad.

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by jaymichael(m): 10:00am On Sep 09, 2017
PrinceMario:
This life sha... I'm feed up with the crappy tecno I bought some weeks ago and about trading it off to go back to my gionee or Xiaomi... And here you are complaining about Gionee.
You will notice that the good reviews about Gionee on this thread is greater than the complaints.

3 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by happyblogger: 10:02am On Sep 09, 2017
lathrowinger:
Hi
There is a site I will send to u
U are to register
And as soon as u refer person
U will earn money
A friend of money just cash out tonight
http://suredrsahy.trade/5120468925275
Thats the link�... Register and follow the instructions... bet u, u will thanks me later
If u need any other further questions, kindly contact me.
Let's make money together
Just register to the site and advertise their goods and also invite more people then u wil earn money. It's as easy that.
all this una yeye site when una take dey deceived people..so
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Sall(m): 10:03am On Sep 09, 2017
omogin:

Big lie

Have been using Gionne phone or a while now , I must say is a good and better phone.

3 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Bashnigga(m): 10:06am On Sep 09, 2017
Jexyme:
I use Gionee M5 mini and it's one of the best phones I've used apart from the likes of Samsung.

People around always use my phone charger beacause it charges fast.

You've just experienced a bad customer care service... Ndo!
Lol, same here ..my charger has become everyone's favorite charger grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by PrinceMario(m): 10:14am On Sep 09, 2017
jaymichael:
You will notice that the good reviews about Gionee on this thread is greater than the complaints.
I am really surprised seeing the compliant.
I though have had issue with my gionee phone before, but I figured Gionee needs to work on their customer care center as the news about them from customers isn't giving the product a good publicity.
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by afilaka(f): 10:17am On Sep 09, 2017
Wat u experienced is not about bad product but bad customer care service. I currently use gionee m5 and not a single regret so far.

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by vivalavida(m): 10:18am On Sep 09, 2017
Am typing with my Gionee M5 mini which clocked a year in June this year. I haven't had one single issue with the phone.
So park well Oga Op

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy / Samsung J7 Pro Specs / Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.