Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

The Bitter Experience Of Gionee - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Bitter Experience Of Gionee (21384 Views)

My Bitter Experience With A Phone Buyer In Enugu / Help! What's The Price Of Gionee M6 Mirror Screen / My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Luisema4luv(m): 6:48am On Sep 10, 2017
gozie112:
The only problem I'm having with my guonee f103l,is 3g,,u can't switch it to 3g.....any solution??
Try resetting d phone by manual flashing
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Luisema4luv(m): 6:51am On Sep 10, 2017
onyichick:
I got a GIONEE m5 plus in January this year, the phone is cool and the battery is super strong. only issue I had was the charger blowing up a week after purchase, I got a playbook charger which is the oh charger that can charge the phone aside the original follow come. I love the phone, so far so good.
Hw much u buy am nd wer
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Luisema4luv(m): 6:52am On Sep 10, 2017
sexyboocalher:
Hmmmmm.....if I start with what gionee M5 has caused me ehn, niaraland will not load again!
As I speak, my gionee and hubby's aswell is lieing in a safe in my bedroom DEAD!!!
This is phone that is not up to 1yr!!!
He says I shouldn't go back to slot cos I kept going to and fro under 1month...
I have a friend that I called severally during sallah but her phone was switched off...she came around yesterdy and apologised and jokingly asked if I have forgotten the type of phone she uses? STUPID GIONEE!! Trips off as if it's life depends on being dead!
Abeg u fit dash me d dead phones ni grin
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by pimper24: 6:58am On Sep 10, 2017
Oh, this is quite unfair to the brand shocked. Damn, how much were u guys paid to make this a front page story?
I'm shocked. This is even the best of I'll treatment u can even get in a Nigerian bank. I use GIONEE M6 mirror. Though without your kind of experience, I was most annoyed by unavailability of the phone accessories. The screen got shattered due to the normal Pouch that doesn't protect anything. I searched for the other Pouch that most phones use, that cover just the back, so with the screen guard, it be more convenient instead of the one with a door in front. To my surprise, it's absolutely scarce. I searched Ali Express, same thing. I visited the service centre at Bannex, they charged 20k for the screen but that I would have to leave the phone for some days. Toh, no wahala,, I was advised elsewhere to not fix the shattered screen, that if I do, the new screen will always develop some kind of fault. Hmmmmm, I have also decided to get some other brand after this. But the battery life of the phone made it a good travel Companion. My point is that the OP experience is nothing special to deserve fp.
KingsleyCEO:
The bitter experience of Gionee
The journey thus far.
Some time last year around July 2016 I walk into a phone shop to get a new Tecno phone with the aim of using it to replace to old one, while I was there this pretty lady walked up to me and told me about the much advertised Gionee M5 plus phone after preaching with lots of conviction I told myself there was need to explore new stuff instead of sticking to just one brand. At this point I gave in to her and purchased the phone, I only had one SIM card with me at the point of purchase which they helped me fit in the device while. I was told I can always insert the second when I get home. But on getting home I did insert the second SIM card as I was told, but to my greatest shock it didn’t work. At this point I called the lady she told me to come immediately which I did, but after wasting my transport to come down they didn’t collect the phone I was told to come back again the following week after which they gave me a replacement.
Fast forward to 2017 I discovered the phone started showing phone rooted click to repair I did what was prompted severally but no soluction
After some time, my charger got damaged after much findings I was told there is an authorized service center in Bannex, Wuse Zone 2, FCT, Abuja.

Poorest Service |Center so far
I have every reason to say this because I have used other care center before especially tecno, they accord you the highest respect maybe you guys should visit tecno care in zone 4. But on getting there to Gionee care center, I related the first issue of the phone showing rooted and explained to the guy that I never rooted the phone and I also didn’t give the phone to anybody and that the finger print lock is what I always used and at such no other person has access to the phone except me, they confronted me that I did, at a point I had to tell the guy that if I rooted the phone will he beat me up? So what is my gain if I lied? they reluctantly collected the phone and charged me #2,000, which I paid after then I told them I will love to get the charger and requested for the price they told me me a very crazy price that I was not comfortable with they further said the charger is not available yet, the price still got me thinking that I had to go online to search for Gionee customer care center number which I called and I was given a different price which was #1,000 less than what I told at the Abuja care centre in Bannex and also went further to give me the separate prices for the charger head and USB cable and said they could be purchased separately I explained things to the agent concerning the office Abuja people gave, the agent appologized and told me to please go back and meet John directly.

Before going to meet John, I called him on the phone to ask if the charger was available he told me yes. on getting there yesterday 8th September I requested to buy charger they brought it out with a USB cable I told the guy that I just want only the head and have no need for the USB cable to my greatest shock I was told they don't sell separately that I must buy both then I requested to see John he told me he was busy I had to call out loud the said John who came out from the inner room without any attention and told me they don't sell it separately and that's it and walked back.even when I tried to tell him I have reached out to online customer call center no way he was not even hearing me.

My terrible mistake
I have by all this experience learnt to stick to what works and not jumping into what is not certain.

My regrets
I recommend this brand to close friends and colleagues who purchased, but they who will come for my head if they get this kind of experience but thanks to God next year we will be given new allowance to get new device I pray everyone's device don't fail so I can correct my mistakes in due time.

My simple solution
On Monday next week I will just visit tecno care center and buy one infinix charger head and manage the device till next year.

My conclusion is you guys can keep your accessories to yourself and eat them because this is the first and last time I will ever use anything that has the name Gionee or any related to it.

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by onyichick(f): 8:11am On Sep 10, 2017
Luisema4luv:

Hw much u buy am nd wer
i got it in Makurdi, it cost 1500/2000 can't really remember the exact cost but falls within that range.
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Reeberry: 8:13am On Sep 10, 2017
DeeTus:
Hahahahaha. Why not? Not everyone on here could be deceived, you know that? smiley
Yes oooo.
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by GenOrumov: 8:41am On Sep 10, 2017
FemiEddy:
I can never buy all this low standard phones tecno,infinix,injioo and the rest, I have had crazy experience, bad customer service, no available parts like screen , battery and so on.
I will always purchase an international mobile brand like Samsung, LG, Nokia etc. God will provide money
You didn't mention Sony but not to worry, I'll take it that Sony is included in the etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by gangar(m): 11:18am On Sep 10, 2017
I started using gone in 2015 and have used for different brands from m5 to m6. It's the best phone ever. Never had any issue.

1 Like

Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by gozie112(m): 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2017
Luisema4luv:

Try resetting d phone by manual flashing
the 3g go appear?because the thing tire me
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by KingsleyCEO: 6:53pm On Sep 10, 2017
pimper24:
Oh, this is quite unfair to the brand shocked. Damn, how much were u guys paid to make this a front page story?
I'm shocked. This is even the best of I'll treatment u can even get in a Nigerian bank. I use GIONEE M6 mirror. Though without your kind of experience, I was most annoyed by unavailability of the phone accessories. The screen got shattered due to the normal Pouch that doesn't protect anything. I searched for the other Pouch that most phones use, that cover just the back, so with the screen guard, it be more convenient instead of the one with a door in front. To my surprise, it's absolutely scarce. I searched Ali Express, same thing. I visited the service centre at Bannex, they charged 20k for the screen but that I would have to leave the phone for some days. Toh, no wahala,, I was advised elsewhere to not fix the shattered screen, that if I do, the new screen will always develop some kind of fault. Hmmmmm, I have also decided to get some other brand after this. But the battery life of the phone made it a good travel Companion. My point is that the OP experience is nothing special to deserve fp.

Is not fair to a brand but is fair to an individual, right? People like you are the reason Gionee will keep treating people like trash...
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by tellsblinks(m): 9:32pm On Sep 10, 2017
saintalive:
I had my own experience with those guys, imagine this guys charging me #7,900 for my Gionee s_ plus charging point.
The sme people are now charging me 25k for splus screen lipsrsealed undecided

Upon the 10k I wasted on chrging port
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Luisema4luv(m): 7:17am On Sep 11, 2017
gozie112:
the 3g go appear?because the thing tire me
E suppose
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by SleekMadam: 8:25am On Sep 11, 2017
marvin902:
i disagree with you..
if you kow how many times my gionee phone don fall screen just dey crack anyhow..
water go still pour for the screen any how.. grin grin grin
and is still going strong..
if it was techno,htc i for don frustrate with screen and calibrator problem undecided undecided undecided

That's a lie, I'm currently using tecno CX air and my two years old nephew throw it on the floor every now and then and it's yet to develop fault
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by mislay: 8:59am On Sep 11, 2017
Gionee has always been a good brand, if you have queries, meet up with the reps not insulting bands here. which fone u don make? abi who force u buy am..I have been to their care center before and my issue was well taken care of
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by gozie112(m): 9:00am On Sep 11, 2017
Luisema4luv:

E suppose
the tin be say,,hw I go take do manual flashing,, guide me plz
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Luisema4luv(m): 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2017
gozie112:
the tin be say,,hw I go take do manual flashing,, guide me plz
Switch off d phone, den hold up volume + power button simultaneously,wich shld tak to safe mode menu, use volume button to navigate and power button to select, the should b easy to navigate and understand
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by gozie112(m): 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2017
Luisema4luv:

Switch off d phone, den hold up volume + power button simultaneously,wich shld tak to safe mode menu, use volume button to navigate and power button to select, the should b easy to navigate and understand
aiit,,thank u so much
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 12, 2017
happyblogger:
all this una yeye site when una take dey deceived people..so

Big time scammers...I'm thinking of doing an article on them.. Fukn scammers
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Luisema4luv(m): 11:39am On Sep 12, 2017
gozie112:
aiit,,thank u so much
U re welcome
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Dignity24: 5:38am On Jul 26, 2018
Pls an engr should help me with gionee gn5001 sim and memory tray flex
Re: The Bitter Experience Of Gionee by Lexfabian: 1:50am On Dec 13, 2018
Pls an engr should help me with gionee gn5001 sim and memory tray flex. My gionee only accepts sim 1.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool / Mtn Reset Code No Longer Works / iPhone 6 Leaked Photo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.