Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one (15156 Views)

Female Nysc Corps Member That Carried Out 8 Cds Projects / Lanre Amu: ‘My NYSC Experience At 54' / Writing Personal Cds Sponsorship Request Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Aaronbee7(m): 7:57am On Sep 09, 2017
"Community Development Service (CDS) is one of the four cardinal programmes of the NYSC in which corps members contribute positvely to the development of their host communities throughout the period of national service."
I have had it on mind since my graduation in 2015 to embark on personal CDS projects since i'v seen how corpers impact their various host communities during service. Thank God a close friend of mine embarked on some personal CDS during his service year in 2015 and I got more clue from him which motivated and made me determined to do same. Luckily, I saw a post on nairaland by tetengi4life (Muhammad Idris) on "NYSC personal CDS made easy" and I contacted him for guide. He assisted me with some useful materials and has been of help all along. (Btw, I was posted to FCT - Abuja and my PPA is Government Day Secondary School (GDSS), Karu - Abuja).
So, with the help of well meaning and good spirited Nigerians I was able to accomplish the following CDS projects in my host community.
1. Free Skills acquisition training on production of liquid washing soap to staff and students of GDSS Karu, LEA Ayenajeyi Pry sch Karu and my cds group.
2. Sensitization programme on HIV/AIDS and the effects of Negative peer influence and examination malpractice in secondary schools.
3. Donation of electrical water pump and repair of spoilt taps in LEA pry sch.
4. Renovation of dilapidated toilet in LEA pry sch

Below are some pictures from the executed projects in GDSS and LEA Ayenajeyi Primary School all in Karu with commendation letters from the beneficiaries.

Note: I had to edit this post because I noticed my account was suspended or barred few days after I made the original post and I don't know why. This is only my second post on nairaland and I only want to encourage other corpers and help them leave a lagacy in their host communities. If this is good, let the moderators do the needful thanks.

3 Likes

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Aaronbee7(m): 8:02am On Sep 09, 2017
More photos

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by SuperSuave(m): 8:23am On Sep 09, 2017
wowWOWwowWOW grin
Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Aaronbee7(m): 8:37am On Sep 09, 2017
And finally smiley

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by chyoooma(f): 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2017
Okay welldone. Keep us updated.

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by IsraelOkereke: 10:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
HOW TO EARN MONEY DAILY VIA YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT ON PAID ADVERT.
INTERESTED IN PAID ADVERT? JOIN ME TOMORROW BY 8PM AS I PUT YOU THROUGH THE BASICS.
FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW AND JOIN MY WHATSAPP GROUP https:///1Qo46tX5tDB2tao8iKsnP Or pm me on 08185019400
Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Yhemit(m): 3:53am On Sep 20, 2017
Great job Bro.... God go reward us all
Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Aaronbee7(m): 7:49pm On Sep 21, 2017
Yhemit:
Great job Bro.... God go reward us all
Amen smiley
Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Aaronbee7(m): 8:17am On Oct 21, 2017
So, on 3rd October I was able to carry out another personal CDS project in GDSS Karu. SENSITIZATION ON HIV/AIDS & DANGERS OF NEGATIVE PEER INFLUENCE AND EXAM MALPRACTICE. I invited two guest speakers - a nurse and Olive Millz Foundation CEO (both corpers). I did the talk on Dangers of Exam Malpractice, the nurse sensitized the students on HIV/AIDS while the founder of Olive Millz Foundation talked on Peer influence and opened their minds to "self discovery."

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by JewelBukky(f): 11:54am On Oct 26, 2017
Nice moves @ op

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Aaronbee7(m): 11:12am On Nov 18, 2017
JewelBukky:
Nice moves @ op
Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Aaronbee7(m): 8:44am On Dec 08, 2017
By mid October I had gotten sponsorship from Haske Foundation (Mirian Azubuike) and other sponsors. So I started working on the water project and toilet renovation simulataneously.
The water project was commissioned in November by NYSC FCT Assistant Director CDS, fully represented by my NYSC Local Government Inspector and her esteem staff.

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Aaronbee7(m): 7:18am On Dec 17, 2017
Commissioning

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by ArcFresky(m): 2:27pm On Dec 17, 2017
Congratulations, more grease to your elbows brother.

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 17, 2017
I wanted to do dis thing, but I find it extremely annoying & degrading to beg politicians or community leaders for money

3 Likes

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Aaronbee7(m): 9:58am On Dec 29, 2017
ArcFresky:
Congratulations, more grease to your elbows brother.
Thank you
Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Aaronbee7(m): 10:01am On Dec 29, 2017
Jiang:
I wanted to do dis thing, but I find it extremely annoying & degrading to beg politicians or community leaders for money
Honestly it was not easy but's worth it. A lot of frustrations and embarrassment from people you want to help their communities. But with determination you will surely meet people that are willing to support good cause smiley

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Aaronbee7(m): 10:17am On Dec 29, 2017
I'm just happy to know this has been achieved

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Aaronbee7(m): 10:33am On Dec 29, 2017
Renovation of dilapidated toilet

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Aaronbee7(m): 10:44am On Dec 29, 2017
smiley

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Aaronbee7(m): 10:46am On Dec 29, 2017
Yes!

2 Likes

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Aaronbee7(m): 10:52am On Dec 29, 2017
And I was able to accomplish four out of five proposed projects smiley
It can only be God, I give Him all the glory!

2 Likes

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Talkingboy: 11:54am On Dec 29, 2017
Aaronbee7:
And I was able to accomplish four out of five proposed projects smiley
It can only be God, I give Him all the glory!

Guy .. weldone oooo..

I sabi u joor..

no be close to DAT Custom Quarters side u dey stay ?

wey the room opposite u dey Vacant (to let) ..

u get wooden bed for ur room

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Aaronbee7(m): 3:08am On Dec 30, 2017
Talkingboy:

Guy .. weldone oooo..

I sabi u joor..

no be close to DAT Custom Quarters side u dey stay ?

wey the room opposite u dey Vacant (to let) ..

u get wooden bed for ur room
Tanx bro... Lmao cheesy I think you're mistaking me for someone else o
Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Aaronbee7(m): 4:16pm On Feb 25, 2018
Commendation letters from the Chief of Karu, The Speaker of AMAC, GDSS and LEA Ayenajeyi Pry Sch.

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by otaghogho(m): 9:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
please send me a copy of project report, so that I will know how to write my project report. thanks.
kmoses34@yahoo.com
Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Aaronbee7(m): 4:36am On Apr 12, 2018
Sorry I just got to see your comment. If it's not late you may need to reply and let me know if you're referring to progress report or final report. My email aaronbee7@gmail.com

otaghogho:
please send me a copy of project report, so that I will know how to write my project report. thanks.
kmoses34@yahoo.com
Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by otaghogho(m): 9:08am On Apr 12, 2018
anyone of the two.... thanks
Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by Aaronbee7(m): 3:21am On Apr 15, 2018
otaghogho:
anyone of the two.... thanks
Done
Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by otaghogho(m): 3:59am On Apr 15, 2018
thanks sir

1 Like

Re: My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one by lawalkenny: 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2018
can you please send me your progressive and final reports..
lawalkehinde505@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plateau State Stream 1 / NYSC Anthem | Lyrics | MP3 Free Download By Corpers Forum / NYSC 2014 Batch B States' Of Deployment Library

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.