Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,986 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

8 Ways To Make Money As A Music Producer - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / 8 Ways To Make Money As A Music Producer (1159 Views)

What Are Your Favourite Plugins And Daws As A Music Producer? / Where Can I Find A Good Music Producer That Charges Below 30k For Production? / Are You A Music Producer ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8 Ways To Make Money As A Music Producer by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 09, 2017
8 WAYS TO MAKE MONEY AS A MUSIC PRODUCER
=========================================

A lot of people believe that as a music producer in Nigeria, the only way you can earn is by producing songs for artistes. Well, I have scribbled this post together to broaden our perspective a little bit further. Following are 8 different areas of business model you can choose from as a music producer.

1. Audiobook production: as a producer, if you prefer working with well cultured professionals instead of other unzipped people like yourself, then this is one good area to focus on. Your target audience includes publishers, authors, speakers, poets and pastors. You will work hand in hand with other professionals; voice artistes or narrators and proof listeners.

2. Jingles and radio advertisements: your prospects will be advertisers, advertising agencies, freelance copywriters, voice over artistes, presenters and creative boutiques. You will be working with presenters, songwriters and musicians. Ability to interpret radio scripts will be a plus for you since you'll be working a lot under the supervision of a creative director.

3. Music library/Stock music: Just like some people make and compile stock images or videos for sale. There is also a huge market for stock audio and it is so international! Though you need to work hard and smart to get noticed in that very noisy world. I had to do this under a very foreign pseudonym before I could start getting my stuff listed by an established foreign stock music library.

4. Pay per hire music production - an artiste comes to you, gets his music produced by you and settles you for your effort. This is the area most music producers are aware of and focus on, working profusely trying to become a Don Jazzy someday☺. But if we take a closer look, we'll see that this is not what Don Jazzy did at all...

What did Don Jazzy do? I will take it from here in my next post.

Meanwhile, still waiting is your opportunity to join the next batch of music production wizards under my tutelage... Call 07068947217 for more info.

Do you know any other ways apart from the ones shared so far? Kindly feel free to share. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: 8 Ways To Make Money As A Music Producer by crazygod(m): 10:39am On Sep 09, 2017
Sell beats online

2 Likes

Re: 8 Ways To Make Money As A Music Producer by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 09, 2017
crazygod:
Sell beats online

Good one.

(1) (Reply)

Studio for Sale Plus Free Computer Desk And Leather Chair / Get Your Song Mixed And Mastered By Marqai / DONT IGNORE PLS!!! Is There Any Music Studio In Aboru/iyana-ipaja Lagos???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.