Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,414 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand (31441 Views)

Which Smartphone Brand Is Your Favorite And Why? / Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand / Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 09, 2017
China’s smartphone giant Huawei has surpassed Apple’s global smartphone sales for the first time in June and July to become the world’s second-biggest smartphone maker behind Samsung, according to a report from Counterpoint Research.

Although Apple is likely to recover the second spot with the imminent release of a new range of iPhones, the report described the development as a significant milestone, with Huawei breaking the duopoly enjoyed by Samsung and Apple for the past five years.

The report adds that the global scale Huawei has been able to achieve can be attributed to its consistent investment in R&grin and manufacturing, coupled with aggressive marketing and sales channel expansion. However, its relatively weak presence in the South Asian, Indian and North American markets could still limit Huawei’s potential to the near-to-mid-term to take a sustainable second place position behind Samsung.

Surprisingly, even though it has surpassed Apple in global sales, none of Huawei’s models appear on Counterpoint’s Top 10 smartphones list, which is topped by the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus,
followed by Oppo’s R11 and A57,
Samsung’s Galaxy S8,
Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 4X and Samsung’s Galaxy S8 Plus.
Telecom Paper

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/huawei-overtakes-apple-as-worlds-second-smartphone-brand/

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by decatalyst(m): 9:24pm On Sep 09, 2017
Team Huawei!

Rocking my P9 lite grin

One of the real smart phones! cool

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by joinnow: 10:47pm On Sep 09, 2017
Huawei. What
Iphone will be..... .

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by froz(m): 7:13am On Sep 10, 2017
I didnt see this coming..
Hu-are-we ke?

14 Likes

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by CASTOSVILLA(m): 7:20am On Sep 10, 2017
I respect them after Samsung

32 Likes

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by fashrola(m): 7:36am On Sep 10, 2017
Their technology is out of this world.... Their smartphones is not saturated in the Nigerian market but their technology devices and components are used in telecommunication mast, Oil rigs, Maritime Sector...

85 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by hemucology(m): 8:12am On Sep 10, 2017
Good for them

Where is Infinex

See my signature for more

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by tomholly: 8:12am On Sep 10, 2017
Wow. Registration is on for the following next Training classes
1. Web Design
2. Web Programing/Development
3. Digital Marketing

Manuals: Manuals and Videos will be available for requesting candidates.

Its 100% Practical Guaranteed
To register CALL/WHATSAPP

Get the Skill! Get the money!

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by Tobiemmanuel007: 8:12am On Sep 10, 2017
that phone we won giv my papa heart attack angry

1 Like

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by Vicvalentine: 8:13am On Sep 10, 2017
They have this way of producing a mobile device that is Catchy .
Love huawei thou

11 Likes

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 10, 2017
slyd97:
See my account balance is working for all mtn sim

Even on Sunday morning. Baba were

46 Likes

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by olamil34(m): 8:13am On Sep 10, 2017
finally a phone u won't have to sell ur kidney to buy

14 Likes

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by Ghnaija(m): 8:14am On Sep 10, 2017
Cool
Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by d33types: 8:14am On Sep 10, 2017
2nd smartphone brand? No no no not when there is xiaomi.

Telecommunications brand? Yes..they manufacture broadband solutions
This is due to a multiple SKU portfolio that currently lacks a true hero device. While having a diverse portfolio allows Huawei to fight on multiple fronts, it does little to build overall brand recognition; something Huawei badly needs if it is continue to gain share."
Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by Liveair: 8:14am On Sep 10, 2017
iPhones are actually over rated.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by 989900: 8:14am On Sep 10, 2017
fashrola:
Their technology is out of this world.... Their smartphones is not saturated in the Nigerian market but their technology devices and components are used in telecommunication mast, Oil rigs, Maritime Sector...

Well said!

Huawei is better than Samsung.
One of the most durable smartphones in the market.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by DjAndroid: 8:15am On Sep 10, 2017
Make Apple continue over pricing their devices. Rubbish.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:15am On Sep 10, 2017
fashrola:

Huawei are basically in charge of everything technology in the telecoms sector. From RBT to short code SMS.

19 Likes

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 10, 2017
I like that. infinix and itel and tecno should go and die??
Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by bigpicture001: 8:22am On Sep 10, 2017
..china is very fortunate that the US is not interested in trade relationship with a quarter of the world's population..because the US views them as poor" that needs assist instead of to milk them dry...but that's a move I knw china is feasting on that the US will later regret...for your info...there is no single technology that china has,that the US does not have a better one...even the US and Europe don't export certain types of product to china..so thier technology is not stolen by the chinese..so far,cheap labour and and refusal to sign the copyright act is boosting chinese economy...but a saturation point would soon be attained..where all growth indexes would stagnate

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by Celestyn8213: 8:23am On Sep 10, 2017
The young shall grow... The first shall be the last.....

1 Like

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by HoneySwag(f): 8:24am On Sep 10, 2017
what phone can I get for 45k? I really don't av money
Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by ipledge10(m): 8:25am On Sep 10, 2017
What I know is that Apple is the most valuable company in the world with over $800 Billion worth, and $250 Billion dollar cash at hand.

6 Likes

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by awa(m): 8:25am On Sep 10, 2017
Huawei is actually a very Innovative Technological Giant ever ready to break barriers all way round.
Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by bigpicture001: 8:25am On Sep 10, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Huawei are basically in charge of everything technology in the telecoms sector. From RBT to short code SMS.
..you mean in nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by ivolt: 8:27am On Sep 10, 2017
fashrola:

This is about smartphone not peripheral technologies.
Intel should top that list if it is for embedded technology.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by apesinola001: 8:28am On Sep 10, 2017
Team Gionee

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by Scatterscatter(m): 8:28am On Sep 10, 2017
HoneySwag:
what phone can I get for 45k? I really don't av money

Hmmm.. Allawee in action!!!
Nywyz, 45k is enough it all depends on what you want in a phone

1 Like

Re: Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand by idris4r83(m): 8:29am On Sep 10, 2017
The scope is just conquer the chinese population and there you are on top of the list.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mtn Happy Hour Data Plus How It Works / TECNO POVA: 4 Things You Need To Know About The New Device / The Meaning/importance Of Hashtag(#)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.