Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,595 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects (3800 Views)

Marrying Female Graduate / Age And Marriage / Do Tribes And Cultures Matter In Love And Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Pittbaby(f): 10:43pm On Feb 25, 2010
I have observed that females who have a masters degree or higher often marry later in life. I was just wondering if this applies to the people around me or if this is the general situation. My sample set is the females that I attended my MBA program with , five years later most are still single. Is it right to conclude that the decision to pursue higher education (especially outside your country of origin) should come with the understanding that you may be possibly delaying matrimony or do i just have a bad sample set.
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Sauron1: 10:57pm On Feb 25, 2010
Pittbaby:

I have observed that females who have a masters degree or higher often marry later in life. I was just wondering if this applies to the people around me or if this is the general situation. My sample set is the females that I attended my MBA program with , five years later most are still single. Is it right to conclude that the decision to pursue higher education (especially outside your country of origin) should come with the understanding that you may be possibly delaying matrimony or do i just have a bad sample set.

Thatz the way it rolls.
If you decide to pursue your career, other stuffs will suffer.
No sane man wants to go after babes who are 30+ and whose ovaries are weaker in comparison to babes in their early 20s.
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Pittbaby(f): 11:06pm On Feb 25, 2010
Thatz the way it rolls.
If you decide to pursue your career, other stuffs will suffer.
No sane man wants to go after babes who are 30+ and whose ovaries are weaker in comparison to babes in their early 20s.

doesn't really follow the average age in my group at the time of graduation was 25-26. five years later the oldest just turned 30 , so no one is 30 plus
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by bawomolo(m): 11:17pm On Feb 25, 2010
maybe they place career over family or act uppity?
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Sauron1: 11:23pm On Feb 25, 2010
Pittbaby:

doesn't really follow the average age in my group at the time of graduation was 25-26. five years later the oldest just turned 30 , so no one is 30 plus

Men get suspicious after 28+
Just turning 30 and 30+ are the same thang but i get your drift.

The thing is, many of them place career over family. . . .The quest to boost their status hinders their social life and reh reh reh.
At the same time, potential husbands are wary of women of this calibre so they settle for the younger ones.
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Pittbaby(f): 11:32pm On Feb 25, 2010
Men get suspicious after 28+
Just turning 30 and 30+ are the same thang but i get your drift.

The thing is, many of them place career over family. . . .The quest to boost their status hinders their social life and reh reh reh.
At the same time, potential husbands are wary of women of this calibre so they settle for the younger ones.

Ok this where perception seems to be the problem. they have had five years between 25 and 30, so its not like they just got placed on a shelf at 28 and started looking for a buyer  grin grin. Most of the peeps i know just work 9-5 jobs like every one else maybe they make a lil more. but i guess the perception is  , she has a masters degree and a good career so I won't even bother.

sad!!!
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by bawomolo(m): 11:42pm On Feb 25, 2010
Pittbaby:

Ok this where perception seems to be the problem. they have had five years between 25 and 30, so its not like they just got placed on a shelf at 28 and started looking for a buyer  grin grin. Most of the peeps i know just work 9-5 jobs like every one else maybe they make a lil more. but i guess the perception is  , [b]she has a masters degree and a good career [/b]so I won't even bother.

sad!!!

if that's all the person has to offer or talks about then yeah most men would be turned off.
a master degree is cool but shouldn't define u as a person.
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Sauron1: 11:44pm On Feb 25, 2010
bawomolo:

if that's all the person has to offer or talks about then yeah most men would be turned off.

Like you dunno Naija babes are braggarts.
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by chic2pimp(m): 11:46pm On Feb 25, 2010
bawomolo:

Is that not one of the most desired traits Women seek in their partners? undecided undecided
So why not vice versa? undecided
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by monami2(f): 11:48pm On Feb 25, 2010
Most career women can not make a good wife cos they will be so carried away with their jobs other than caring for the home. I think that's the reason why men run far from them and also, most men would not want to be under a woman for financial assistance.
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by TOPE20001(f): 11:49pm On Feb 25, 2010
there is man for every woman, some men dig women like that actually. Its just a matter of finding the right guy. yes some men prefers brain over beauty or good ovaries.lol
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Sauron1: 11:51pm On Feb 25, 2010
TOPE2000!:

there is man for every woman, some men dig women like that actually. Its just a matter of finding the right guy. yes some men prefer brain over beauty or good ovaries.lol

I prefer good ovaries. grin

mon-ami:

Most career women can not make a good wife cos they will be so carried away with their jobs other than caring for the home. I think that's the reason why men run far from them and also, most men would not want to be under a woman for financial assistance.

That was pre-millennium.
Men of these days don't mind. With s[i]e[/i]x equality, anything goes. grin
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by bawomolo(m): 11:52pm On Feb 25, 2010
chic2pimp:

Is that not one of the most desired traits Women seek in their partners? undecided undecided
So why not vice versa? undecided

of course it works vice versa, what woman would want to marry "chairman" who walks around with his degree on his sleeves.  

won't you be turned off by a chick who brags about her mba from devry university?

mon-ami:

Most career women can not make a good wife cos they will be so carried away with their jobs other than caring for the home. I think that's the reason why men run far from them and also, most men would not  want to be under a woman for financial assistance.

as if steadman no dey gbadun oprah  cheesy
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Pittbaby(f): 11:56pm On Feb 25, 2010

I see your point but i am sure no one starts a conversation with I have a masters degree

Like you dunno Naija babes are braggarts.  

and naija men are not

Is that not one of the most desired traits Women seek in their partners?  
So why not vice versa?  
you would think so O  undecided

Most career women can not make a good wife cos they will be so carried away with their jobs other than caring for the home. I think that's the reason why men run far from them and also, most men would not  want to be under a woman for financial assistance.
hmm from a fellow woman in the 21st century , disturbing

there is man for every woman, some men dig women like that actually. Its just a matter of finding the right guy. yes some men prefers brain over beauty or good ovaries.lol [/ quote]

Well said my sister

Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by TOPE20001(f): 11:57pm On Feb 25, 2010
@sauron - really? lol. But seriously tho why wud a woman start searching for a man at 30?
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Sauron1: 11:58pm On Feb 25, 2010
TOPE2000!:

@sauron - really? lol. But seriously tho why wud a woman start searching for a man at 30?

Because she was searching for degrees and certificates when she was between 22-29.
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Pittbaby(f): 11:59pm On Feb 25, 2010
of course it works vice versa, what woman would want to marry "chairman" who walks around with his degree on his sleeves.  

won't you be turned off by a chick who brags about her mba from devry university  

LOL at Devry university,
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by bawomolo(m): 11:59pm On Feb 25, 2010
Pittbaby:

I see your point but i am sure no one starts a conversation with I have a masters degree

of course not but if all you have to offer in a relationship is some pretty diploma, then meh, men shouldn't be intimidated by an educated woman though.

TOPE2000!:

because 30 is the new 20, why rush into marriage and then become a bitter divorcee or the naija woman that  gets cheated on over and over again but hey she got married before her friends.
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Pittbaby(f): 12:00am On Feb 26, 2010

again nobody is 30 yet and i can only assume that most started searching after graduation at 25 . I am just saying that at 30 or close to it most are not married while most other friends that only have a college degree are.
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Sauron1: 12:02am On Feb 26, 2010
bawomolo:

because 30 is the new 20, why rush into marriage and then become a bitter divorcee or the naija woman that  gets cheated on over and over again but hey she got married before her friends.

But what about the risks surrounding marrying a woman that is 30+.
Who wants Trisomy-13 ridden kids? Do you?
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Pittbaby(f): 12:02am On Feb 26, 2010
 because 30 is the new 20, why rush into marriage and then become a bitter divorcee or the naija woman that  gets cheated on over and over again but hey she got married before her friends

what happend to the old ovaries if 30 is the new 20  grin grin
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by TOPE20001(f): 12:03am On Feb 26, 2010
i see bawomolo's point, most girl get married cuz their friends are doin so. Heck i have a friend who is my age and she married with three kids, infact most of friends are married with their baby father but nah i refuse to live my life that way cuz most of them got married cuz they got pregnant, truth marriage scare the hell outta me, dnt knw why but yes i will get married when the time is rite and before i am 30.lol must have good ovaries, lol
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Pittbaby(f): 12:04am On Feb 26, 2010
But what about the risks surrounding marrying a woman that is 30+.
Who wants Trisomy-13 ridden kids? Do you?

abeg wetin be trisomy 13 , my mum and all her siblings had there kids in their 30's and my siblings and all my cousins are perfectly normal. As a woman above 25 you just need to make sure you are giving your baby the right nutrients before and during pregnancy
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Sauron1: 12:06am On Feb 26, 2010
Pittbaby:

abeg wetin be trisomy 13 , my mum and all her siblings had there kids in their 30's and my siblings and all my cousins are perfectly normal. As a woman above 25 you just need to make sure you are giving your baby the right nutrients before and during pregnanct

Times have changed, Pittbaby.
Pollution, crap climate, crap nutrients and reh reh reh have queered the pitch for today's women.
I even read somewhere a woman's menopause has dropped from mid-40s to early 30s. grin grin grin grin
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by platinumnk(f): 12:07am On Feb 26, 2010
~Sauron~:

I even read somewhere menopause has dropped from mid-40s to early 30s. grin grin grin grin

Please stop trying to scare women.
ITS A LIE wink
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by bawomolo(m): 12:07am On Feb 26, 2010
Pittbaby:

abeg wetin be trisomy 13 , my mum and all her siblings had there kids in their 30's and my siblings and all my cousins are perfectly normal. As a woman above 25 you just need to make sure you are giving your baby the right nutrients before and during pregnanct

no mind sauron.  he is stuck in his ancient ways he he. just get healthy pre-natal care.

Pittbaby:

what happend to the old ovaries if 30 is the new 20  grin grin

well ovaries no dey expire till menopause abi  cheesy
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Pittbaby(f): 12:08am On Feb 26, 2010
I even read somewhere menopause has dropped from mid-40s to early 30s.

Liar
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Sauron1: 12:11am On Feb 26, 2010
platinumnk:

Please stop trying to scare women.
ITS A LIE wink

I pity you oldies.
Better get hitched in time and quit the career bullshyte.

bawomolo:

no mind sauron.  he is stuck in his ancient ways he he. just get healthy pre-natal care.

See this daft specimen.
Healthy pre-natal care will prevent trisomy 13/trisomy 21?

Pittbaby:

Liar

I rest me case.
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by bawomolo(m): 12:13am On Feb 26, 2010
~Sauron~:

See this daft specimen.
Healthy pre-natal care will prevent trisomy 13/trisomy 21?

they don't call me esin baba for nothing. my spermatozoa would destroy the trisomy genes.  cool
step your cougar loving game up
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by TOPE20001(f): 12:15am On Feb 26, 2010
i have read abt a girl that reached her menopause at the age of 20+ but its rare.
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Pittbaby(f): 12:19am On Feb 26, 2010
ok so trisomy is downs syndrome , you become high risk after 30 . Please note that if even if you have kids at 25 you are likely to continue having kids into your 30s so this does not only apply to people who marry at a later age
Re: Female Graduate Education And Marriage Prospects by Sauron1: 12:19am On Feb 26, 2010
bawomolo:

they don't call me esin baba for nothing. my spermatozoa would destroy the trisomy genes.  cool
step your cougar loving game up

That your watery thing that cannot impregnate mama sikira's niece is what you are bragging about?

Pittbaby:

ok so trisomy is downs syndrome , you become high risk after 30 . Please note that if even if you have kids at 25 you are likely to continue having kids into your 30s so this does not only apply to people who marry at a later age

How so?
One can make 3 kids between the age of 25 and 29.
Why carry over till 30+? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

He's A Robot / Why Are Rich Ladies, Arrogant? / Ladies:-why The Craze For Pink Lips???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.