Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Look Up To God...not Man! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Look Up To God...not Man! (6400 Views)

ThIS IS GOD'S PLAN FOR THOSE WHO GENUINELY LOOK UP TO HIM TO SAFE THEM / Who Brought Christianity? For Jesus Brought The Kingdom Of God Not Christianity / Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by royalamour(m): 7:35am On Sep 10, 2017
grin That was how a so called pastor whom we adopted as our marriage counselor blackmailed me and got married to my fiancee.
Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by emmayayodeji(m): 7:36am On Sep 10, 2017
refiner:
"He is my spiritual father..i am looking up to him"...
"He is a very strong man of God...he can never sin"
He is the G.O of my church...he can never lead us astray..these and many more are the words of the so called sheeps....

Many are doing things the wrong way,many have fallen into sin ignorantly and many are now eating from hands to mouth all because they are lookng up to a man,a mere mortal!

Please let's be realistic here..no man is perfect..the very man u might be looking upto might not still be in fold of christ...never you look up to a man but God...never u do things because of a man...follow the footstep of God not man...

I was eave-dropping my mum discussion with our pastor..he came to discuss about his assistant pastor...i once thought he was the holiest of all men because when he preaches,d heavens comes down but secretly this man has been asking married women in the church out...i was dazed!

Please lets be very careful in order not to miss Heaven cos of a mere man!

They dont even trust each other grin

Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by Prec1ous(m): 7:36am On Sep 10, 2017
Na today?
Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by maestrojohn(m): 7:36am On Sep 10, 2017
when you say that they shouldn't look up to any Man of God, should they start their own church? God called His servants for a purpose
Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by ceejay80s(m): 7:39am On Sep 10, 2017
no mind those daddy and G.O worshipers
Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 10, 2017
It all starts with " my pastor said"....." Our pastor said"...and not "the bible said".

For a month plus now, I haven't stepped into the church cos I have discovered one thing that has made me wondered the very essence of going to church every Sunday, which to me has become nothing but a religious ritual.

...I am not mindful of the scripture that sayest" forget not the gathering of the brethren..., faith cometh by hearing and hearing the word of the Lord ... amongst others.

But the truth is most of this "our pastor said mentality" gradually gets to you and soon you become part of the our pastor said congregation.
Bible is my standard and I read it in my house and on the go cos I have a mobile bible.
If the bible posits that I am joint heir with Christ, and I am a god unto which the word of the Lord came, why should I bother looking up to man when I am a god?
That is be littling my standard. If the Holy Spirit won't speak to me directly as He does my pastor, then I should wait until He does and if He still doesn't, then that is that.
Always question what you hear and how you relate it to your everyday living" guide your heart with all deligence, from it emanates the issues of life".
Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by theimmortals(m): 7:51am On Sep 10, 2017
Spoilt child, you was Eavesdropping while elders talk.

Who tought you that? undecided
Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 10, 2017
maestrojohn:
when you say that they shouldn't look up to any Man of God, should they start their own church? God called His servants for a purpose

Bros! Not all are called by God ( my opinion). I believe some even called God, and when God didn't pick, they start the journey hoping God will eventually pick the call.
" by their fruits ye shall know them"
Prophets cum pastors are supposed to be agents of social change. They speak to the ills in the society just like a rasta man." Jah Almighty" is the standard not Babylon.
Do we still have the prophets? I a mi brethren Shawman voice, mi ask, where are the prophets?

Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by Divay22(f): 8:11am On Sep 10, 2017
SenorFax:

Must you post?
dotunbekro06:

Comment if you want to comment stop booking space
Now i can't go to church because of the both of you...
My body is paining me cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by dotunbekro06(m): 8:15am On Sep 10, 2017
Divay22:

You dont want to go to church again

Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by Divay22(f): 8:20am On Sep 10, 2017
dotunbekro06:

You dont want to go to church again
But my body is paining me na, just because i booked space so as to see everyone, you guys just started beating me angry

1 Like

Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by Mekanus(m): 8:25am On Sep 10, 2017
Men can disappoint but God will disappoint you the most, because that nigga ain't real.
Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by dotunbekro06(m): 8:29am On Sep 10, 2017
Divay22:

But my body is paining me na, just because i booked space so as to see everyone, you guys just started beating me angry
Oya pele, go and have your bath and go to church.

Stop booking space again.

Happy sunday cool
Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by SenorFax(m): 8:30am On Sep 10, 2017
Divay22:

Oya come and let's resolve our differences

Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by Divay22(f): 8:44am On Sep 10, 2017
SenorFax:

Oya come and let's resolve our differences
Noo..i don't like that kinda smile....

I'm off to church, hope you're going also?

1 Like

Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by Daniel058(m): 9:02am On Sep 10, 2017
refiner:

Is refine.r what u learnt from the topic? undecided

Yes nah, we re being refined by ur advice cheesy . isn't it true?
Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by Tansis(m): 9:21am On Sep 10, 2017
Psalm 27 v 14 "wait on the lord be of good courage and he shall strengthen thine heart, wait, I say on the Lord. This verse made believe that to put your hope on God is better of a man. I do go to some pastor and when you explain your problem to them the next thing they tell you is how much do you have, instead of them to tell you to pray and fast, and they will list what to use for you and give you soap. But I don't believe in all that but you know friend will push you to it. But since when I came across this verse, have make a vow that I will only put my trust in God not any man.
and there is this verse also in Hebrew 13 v 9 "be not carried about with divers and strange doctrine. For it is good thing that the heart should be established with grace, not with meat, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by Mirabel14: 10:31am On Sep 10, 2017
Who else will I look unto? God is the only capable Father.
Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by SenorFax(m): 10:45am On Sep 10, 2017
Divay22:

Noo..i don't like that kinda smile....

I'm off to church, hope you're going also?
Definitely

1 Like

Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 10, 2017
refiner:
He is the G.O of my church...he can never lead us astray..these and many more are the words of the so called sheeps....

Many are doing things the wrong way,many have fallen into sin ignorantly and many are now eating from hands to mouth all because they are lookng up to a man,a mere mortal!

Please let's be realistic here..no man is perfect..the very man u might be looking upto might not still be in fold of christ...never you look up to a man but God...never u do things because of a man...follow the footstep of God not man...

I was eave-dropping my mum discussion with our pastor..he came to discuss about his assistant pastor...i once thought he was the holiest of all men because when he preaches,d heavens comes down but secretly this man has been asking married women in the church out...i was dazed!

May God help us... grin grin grin
Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by Lex11(m): 5:32pm On Sep 10, 2017
refiner:

----

OP well stated... it is something worth mentioning because it's a very widespread, serious issue! The Holy Bible - God's word - is and should be our guide (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

"Do not put your trust in princes, Nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help. His spirit departs, he returns to his earth; In that very day his plans perish. Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the Lord his God," - Psalm 146:3-5

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." -Matthew 23:9

"Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the Lord." - Jeremiah 17:5
Re: Look Up To God...not Man! by obisco4u: 6:36pm On Sep 10, 2017
What does one gain in looking up to "God"? Up coming artistes look up other's who have made and they eventually get there. Up coming athletes, engineers, writers, doctors, media personalities etc look up to their superiors to reach their careers goals. So those looking up to "God", do you take up a career as a god?

Thousands are in hospitals looking up to "God" and theirs​ conditions get worse. When flood disaster victims were looking up to "God" what happened? So please tell me why the Bleep I should look up to "God".

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Soul / Do You Still Take Your Bible To Church? / Mock The Atheist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.