Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame (7443 Views)

The Bible Is A Book Of Lies. Let’s Put Down All The Lies In The Bible / Daddy Freeze Shows 'Paul O' Paul Okoye's Mansion To Shame Those That Pay Tithes / A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by sonofluc1fer: 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2017
Imagine there was no Garden of Eden. No Adam and Eve.

Would Jesus/God still need to die for us to have a relationship with it?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by MhizzAJ(f): 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2017
We wouldn't ve been in existence if there was no Adam and Eve..so there would ve been no need for Jesus nah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by sonofluc1fer: 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:
We wouldn't ve been in existence if there was no Adam and Eve
No. We would have been. The Adam and Eve story is only a Christian belief.. It's not a historical story. Surely you don't believe Adam and Eve are the ancestors of all the Brazilians, Puerto Ricans, Russians, Chinese, Indians and Nigerians you've never met.

Different religions and cultures all have their own stories. Adam and Eve is the Abrahamic version, a core part of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

MhizzAJ:

..so there would ve been no need for Jesus nah
Faulty conclusion.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by johnydon22(m): 1:22pm On Sep 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:
We wouldn't ve been in existence if there was no Adam and Eve..so there would ve been no need for Jesus nah

Assume the Adam and Eve is not the truth
Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by adepeter2027(m): 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2017
Sonoflucifer is crazy walai

Where is butterflylion

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by adepeter2027(m): 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:
According to the Christians and Muslims àbí?
Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by 1Sharon(f): 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:

You lot actually believe that story literally?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by Ranchhoddas: 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:
Stop taking myths literally.
Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by johnydon22(m): 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2017
This thread has lots of crazy potentials and I want in on the fun

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by mrwonlasewonie: 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Stop taking myths literally.
adam and eve were the first human ancestors. It was after they had sex that eve bore Cain and Abel.from there after Cain killed Abel because he was jealous of his brother.thereafter he ran away and married women to start his family. After which his children married and had descendants which started multiplying. Hence we had Africa,Asia,Europe
Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by Deicide: 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
adam and eve were the first human ancestors. It was after they had sex that eve bore Cain and Abel.from there after Cain killed Abel because he was jealous of his brother.thereafter he ran away and married women to start his family. After which his children married and had descendants which started multiplying. Hence we had Africa,Asia,Europe
Which woman did he marry? and the genealogy of this woman?

9 Likes

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by Daeylar(f): 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
Let me attempt

If there was no garden of Eden and no Adam and Eve,
There could have been another reason why God would need Jesus to die for our sins,

So answer, I don't know

Why did you ask this question op?
Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by Ranchhoddas: 2:21pm On Sep 10, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
You are 100% correct.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by Martinez19(m): 3:07pm On Sep 10, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
who gave birth to the women? Where did they come from?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by mrwonlasewonie: 3:10pm On Sep 10, 2017
Martinez19:
who gave birth to the women? Where did they come from?
Cain married women from other races and bore male and female offsprings na
Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by johnydon22(m): 3:11pm On Sep 10, 2017
Daeylar:
Let me attempt

If there was no garden of Eden and no Adam and Eve,
There could have been another reason why God would need Jesus to die for our sins,

So answer, I don't know

Why did you ask this question op?

So either way Jesus needs to die !!!

Sounds like God planned to kill him from the very start shaa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by johnydon22(m): 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:

Which races?

When only Adam and Eve were in the world?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by mrwonlasewonie: 3:14pm On Sep 10, 2017
johnydon22:

Which races?

When only Adam and Eve were in the world?
after Adam and eve died,Cain married women of other races that existed in the world but the Bible didn't give account of that or tell us in details who Cain's wife was but he married sha.that was the Bottomline.
Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by Martinez19(m): 3:20pm On Sep 10, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
ah ah, Adam and eve were the first couple. They gave birth to Cain and Abel. Cain killed Abel, Cain ran away. Where did he get the wife he married from?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by mrwonlasewonie: 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2017
Martinez19:
ah ah, Adam and eve were the first couple. They gave birth to Cain and Abel. Cain killed Abel, Cain ran away. Where did he get the wife he married from?
the Bible had no record of that but he certainly married and had his own family too
Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by Wilgrea7(m): 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2017
there was no middle eastern adam and eve.. our first ancestors were said to be around central Africa about 140,000 years ago.. and they were not the only specie of humans.. the rest died out along the line

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by Wilgrea7(m): 4:35pm On Sep 10, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:

history says otherwise

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by mrwonlasewonie: 4:43pm On Sep 10, 2017
Wilgrea7:

history says otherwise
God supersedes history because in the book of Genesis the Bible said in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. Meaning he is the beginning and the end,first and the last
Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by johnydon22(m): 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
after Adam and eve died,Cain married women of other races that existed in the world but the Bible didn't give account of that or tell us in details who Cain's wife was but he married sha.that was the Bottomline.

the bible didn't talk about these races though so you are assuming them?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by mrwonlasewonie: 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2017
johnydon22:

the bible didn't talk about these races though so you are assuming them?
I have a brain and I used it.after using it I deduced that smiley
Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by Martinez19(m): 4:59pm On Sep 10, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by adepeter2027(m): 4:59pm On Sep 10, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
Wetin be the name of the race naw?

BTW, God of the Bible moulded two humans. These two humans formed the genesis 9f the population we have today. Hope you haven't forgotten?
Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by adepeter2027(m): 5:01pm On Sep 10, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
Hahahahah,

You don't even read the Bible.

See answer Abeg undecided
Shame

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by adepeter2027(m): 5:03pm On Sep 10, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
blood of lucifer

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by Wilgrea7(m): 5:04pm On Sep 10, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
God supersedes history because in the book of Genesis the Bible said in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. Meaning he is the beginning and the end,first and the last

let me break it down for you... history an event that happened.. a real event.. history cannot lie.. if it does, then its not history.. just the same way yesterday.. a real day.. is now history to you.. then historical events are also real.. the story of Adam and eve does not correlate with history.. anything that does not correlate with history is wrong.. there is no opposition between God and history

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by johnydon22(m): 5:05pm On Sep 10, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:

meaning the bible writers didn't make use of their brains?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame by mrwonlasewonie: 5:48pm On Sep 10, 2017
johnydon22:

meaning the bible writers didn't make use of their brains?
I didn't say so.that's your own conclusion which God will hold you responsible for on judgement day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Raised From The Dead / How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity / End-time Bible Teaching: Preparing For Rapture (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.