Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Fuss People Make On Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Fuss People Make On Marriage (1533 Views)

So Much Fuss About Nothing / Man ‘summons’ Ex-girlfriend With Millipedes For Reneging On Marriage Promise / DOWNLOAD: 7 Biggest Mistakes People Make On Valentine's Day,& How...By Tomitalks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuss People Make On Marriage by Windflower(f): 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2017
I have been seeing a lot of thread on marriage recently and the fuss people make about it.
Everyone expect that as soon as a lady graduates and starts earning,the next thing should be marriage.people start reminding her she isn't getting any younger,which might cause her to be desperate. I think its high time people stop this fuss about marriage and let nature take its course.
I and my boyfriend recently separated,there is one of my friend that treats marriage as a trophy,she has been on my neck to reconcile with him,meaning I should beg him to take me back.Her persistency that we make up is now beginning to irritate me,how do I make up with someone who am sure doesn't love or respect me for the sole reason that I get married soon. That's absurd. Asides her,some of my friends would ask if am with anybody and remind me that time is going.
To all the females here,is marriage the only thing a lady be all about,I know of someone who intentionally started taking pregnancy enhancing pills just because she didn't want to go home after graduation, she wanted to get married. I am just 23 years of age,I wish to be married some day with the right person, but still I want other things in life and sincerely marriage isn't on the agenda for now. I can't get married and start asking hubby to give me money to buy undies,that's not the life I dream. I want to be established,in my career and education.
We are all entitled to our opinion,mine is people should stop seeing marriage as a trophy and let nature happen.
Don't become desperate for marriage and cling onto any available guy,simply because you know an aunty who is above 40 and still not married. We are different,the path that works for you might not work for me.

6 Likes

Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2017
who's desperate for marriage??
Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by falconey(m): 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2017
Evaberry:
who's desperate for marriage??

Aunty nkechi my neighbour , I ain't nosy I accidentally heard she is.
Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2017
grin

I agree with ur mindset OP...

If only all the ladies will think like that sha..Marriage is not the answer to the problem and never beg ur ex to take u back juz for the sake of what ur friends told u...

It is u will be the one to be with him and not them..

So many ladies who are desperate to settle down once they reached the peak time, but the divorce/ separations are more alarming these days..

1 Like

Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Evablizin(f): 1:30pm On Sep 10, 2017
Marriage is for matured people remember age is not maturity rather just a number,if you rush into marriage without preparation you must surely rush out whether you're desprate or not.

1 Like

Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2017
23 is still young. Your friend should take a chill pill...

The compass of your life is in your hands...own your decisions my dear

1 Like

Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by dingbang(m): 2:37pm On Sep 10, 2017
Well after making all that money.. Its not when u get married now, u will say your husband is still stingy because he doesn't give you money...

4 Likes

Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Windflower(f): 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

I agree with ur mindset OP...

If only all the ladies will think like that sha..Marriage is not the answer to the problem and never beg ur ex to take u back juz for the sake of what ur friends told u...

It is u will be the one to be with him and not them..

So many ladies who are desperate to settle down once they reached the peak time, but the divorce/ separations are more alarming these days..
Exactly, everyone just wants to be called a MRS and it becomes their big achievement
Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Windflower(f): 3:18pm On Sep 10, 2017
dingbang:
Well after making all that money.. Its not when u get married now, u will say your husband is still stingy because he doesn't give you money...
Lol,am an independent lady. Its still doesnt mean he shouldn't take care of his responsibilities, I just don't like depending on people.
Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by dingbang(m): 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2017
Windflower:

Lol,am an independent lady. Its still doesnt mean he shouldn't take care of his responsibilities, I just don't like depending on people.
na so.. I can never take solidarity on a woman's word

1 Like

Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Windflower(f): 4:45pm On Sep 10, 2017
Evablizin:
Marriage is for matured people remember age is not maturity rather just a number,if you rush into marriage without preparation you must surely rush out whether you're desprate or not.
I agree but being desperate about it is wrong,couples see signs of incompatibility right from courtship but ignore it. I know someone in this category, simply because they have been together for four years and she is wondering if she let's him go,she would have to start all over again. This is what being desperate causes,people are always mindful of their age when it comes to marriage

1 Like

Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by haggai247: 5:51pm On Sep 10, 2017
op take your time @23 there's more time for self development but this is Africa so their concerns (cultural centred)
just try to find the right partner rather than been with somebody unworthy of your love ..
Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Lalas247(f): 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2017
Op you are so on point ...
You are part of the rare breed .. don't stress Hun as for your friend either ignore her or tell her to go n marry him if she is so pressed..
Focus on your career Biko .. men will come left righ n centre .. but don't leave it too late as you say you eventually want to settle down and by that time you have more to offer than just being a housewife wink
Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Jina24(f): 8:20am On Oct 17, 2017
Who says one can make money or pursue ones ambitions when married. @Windflower the truth there is getting the right man. That is not just what you want but what is God's will for you. 23 is not small by the way winkbut no one should put pressure on you.

2 Likes

Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Windflower(f): 11:54pm On Oct 23, 2017
Jina24:
Who says one can make money or pursue ones ambitions when married. @Windflower the truth there is getting the right man. That is not just what you want but what is God's will for you. 23 is not small by the way winkbut no one should put pressure on you.
Thank you ma,but Its going to be really hard for a woman to pursue her ambition while married,I believe you have to lay the groundwork while ure still single.
How is your little princess,I read your diary smiley
Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Dasherz(f): 12:55am On Oct 24, 2017
Windflower:
I have been seeing a lot of thread on marriage recently and the fuss people make about it.
Everyone expect that as soon as a lady graduates and starts earning,the next thing should be marriage.people start reminding her she isn't getting any younger,which might cause her to be desperate. I think its high time people stop this fuss about marriage and let nature take its course.
I and my boyfriend recently separated,there is one of my friend that treats marriage as a trophy,she has been on my neck to reconcile with him,meaning I should beg him to take me back.Her persistency that we make up is now beginning to irritate me,how do I make up with someone who am sure doesn't love or respect me for the sole reason that I get married soon. That's absurd. Asides her,some of my friends would ask if am with anybody and remind me that time is going.
To all the females here,is marriage the only thing a lady be all about,I know of someone who intentionally started taking pregnancy enhancing pills just because she didn't want to go home after graduation, she wanted to get married. I am just 23 years of age,I wish to be married some day with the right person, but still I want other things in life and sincerely marriage isn't on the agenda for now. I can't get married and start asking hubby to give me money to buy undies,that's not the life I dream. I want to be established,in my career and education.
We are all entitled to our opinion,mine is people should stop seeing marriage as a trophy and let nature happen.
Don't become desperate for marriage and cling onto any available guy,simply because you know an aunty who is above 40 and still not married. We are different,the path that works for you might not work for me.

you are so me in a way shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Windflower(f): 1:14am On Oct 24, 2017
Dasherz:

you are so me in a way shocked shocked shocked
Lol,we might be twins o,u never can tell.Maybe we were separated in the hospital cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Dasherz(f): 1:40am On Oct 24, 2017
Windflower:

Lol,we might be twins o,u never can tell.Maybe we were separated in the hospital cheesy cheesy cheesy
where do you stay?
Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Windflower(f): 12:42pm On Oct 24, 2017
Dasherz post=6y1712411:

where do you stay?
Lagos state, U
Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Dasherz(f): 12:53pm On Oct 24, 2017
Windflower:
Lagos state, U
Akwa Ibom state
Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Windflower(f): 12:15am On Oct 25, 2017
Dasherz:

Akwa Ibom state
I used to have a friend from that side,how was your day
Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Dasherz(f): 12:19am On Oct 25, 2017
Windflower:

I used to have a friend from that side,how was your day

quite a day

how was your day?
Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Windflower(f): 12:24am On Oct 25, 2017
Dasherz:

quite a day

how was your day?
Lol,its was good at least.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by 2sizzlin(m): 10:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
If I misunderstood you guys pls lemme know.

pursue career
Be independent
Be matured
Date and get to know each other

I can't type plenty though but lemme just drop only one.
If you or your husband is a chronic liar it will build up to an unhappy marriage and very likely = divorce

1 Like

Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by 2sizzlin(m): 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
Think abt it, mostly, women that give marriage advice to girls are usually not married out freshly out of a broken home. Of course they'd always front one side of the story and gullible ppl will jump on it .

Plenty things to talk abt I can't be typing all that
Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Airforce1(m): 4:59am On Oct 26, 2017
Lol
Re: Fuss People Make On Marriage by Windflower(f): 9:27am On Oct 26, 2017
2sizzlin:
If I misunderstood you guys pls lemme know.

pursue career
Be independent
Be matured
Date and get to know each other

I can't type plenty though but lemme just drop only one.
If you or your husband is a chronic liar it will build up to an unhappy marriage and very likely = divorce

You have obviously misunderstood the whole thing,cos I don't even understand your point exactly.

(1) (Reply)

10 Things Your Wife Wishes You Would Say / Woman Shit Doesn't Smell. / Nigerians Slam Married Man After His Unclad Pics In A Hotel Is Leaked Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.