Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set (2813 Views)

No Ex-govt Official Should Leave Nigeria After May 29 – Yayale / Wike Promise SS And SE Will Leave Nigeria If...(pix) / Bode George Has Promised To Leave Nigeria Soonest Over Buhari's Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by bombay: 1:49am On Feb 26, 2010
The people of South-South region yesterday took strong exception to the sidelining of Acting President Goodluck Jonathan in running the affairs of the country and threatened to break away before issues which bind the country together are subverted by a cabal.

Specifically, the South –South Elders and Leaders Forum at the end of an emergency meeting in Abuja said they were aware of attempts being made on the life of Jonathan “as part of the sinister and heinous agenda of the cabal.”

President Umaru Yar’Adua was flown back to the country from Saudi Arabia Wednesday morning, after spending 93 days to attend to his failing health, with the Acting President shut out of the arrangement to bring him back.

Addressing the press at the end of the meeting attended by 26 leaders from the zone, Dr. Mike Oberabor said the people of the South-South believed in the unity of the country, but would not accept being treated as second class citizens.
“We believe in the oneness and unity of Nigeria. We have fought for it and we trust in it. The Nigerian Constitution is what binds all of us together. If it is subverted, then there is no basis of our continued mutual existence.

“Therefore, the people of the South-South will have no other option than to break away from Nigeria. We cannot remain in a country where we are regarded as second class citizens,” the group warned. At the meeting, presided over by Chief Edwin Clark, according to a statement read by Dr Oberabor, were Admiral Mike Okhai-Akhigbe, Professor Lawrence Ekpebu, Alabo Tonye Graham-Douglas, Olorogun Felix Ibru, Chief Ephraim Faloughi-Spiff, Hon. Bolere Ketebu, Mrs Helen Esuene and Chief Jackson Sunny Udoh.

Others were Senator Fred Brume, Air. Commodore Idongesit Nkangha, Senator Tari Sekibo, Chief Ewa Ita Henshaw, Chief Francis Doukpolagha, Dr B.K Adasen and Dr M.P Okonny.
Others were Chief P.Y Biakpara, Lady Anne Yougha, Dame Ambrose Akpanika, Rev. Grace Ekanem, Hon Denyanbofa Dimro, Hon Chibudom Nwuche, Lady Ime Udom and Chief Ayakeme Whisky.

The South-South leaders said that they watched in utter dismay and disbelief, the purported and stage-managed arrival of Alhaji Yar’Adua, which was allegedly orchestrated to cause destabilisation in the country.

“The secrecy surrounding the way and manner in which Alhaji Umaru Yar’Adua arrived the counry is suspect. The Acting President was not briefed before and after the arrival of Yar’Adua. Ordinarily, the Acting President should receive the President on his arrival from an overseas trip.
“The Press was not allowed to cover the arrival. The coincidental power outage at the time the aircraft arrived is suspicious. The evacuation of President Yar’Adua from an aircraft into an ambulance in the dark is questionable.

“The Acting President and members of the Executive Council of the Federation and indeed the Nigerian public have not seen Alhaji Yar’Adua since his purported arrival,” the group queried.
What angered the South-South leaders more was the deployment of soldiers in the airport ahead of Yar’Adua’s arrival without the knowledge of the Acting President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.

To the South –South Elders, this was an aberration and tantamount to treason, which must be probed. The group also alleged that there was massive movement of troops from various military formations and an attempt to transfer power to the military.

“This is grossly unconstitutional. We are also aware that attempts are being made on the life of the Acting President as part of the sinister and heinous agenda of the cabal,” it was alleged.
Acting President Goodluck Jonathan was warned never to take order from Turai, wife of the president, as he remained the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.

“Nigeria is a democratic republic and not a monarch and an allusion that the Acting President is taking brief from Turai Yar’Adua is insulting to the Acting President and indeed, to the Nigerian people,” the elders declared.

The group also warned the Special Assistant on Communication to the President, Segun Adeniyi to stop referring to the Acting President as Vice-President, until the National Assembly rescinded its earlier decision on power equation in the country.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by vigasimple(m): 2:03am On Feb 26, 2010
I think the SW should join SS and let the Northerners knows that the game is up, yeye mad malus.

Infact unless Yar A'dua is impeached and all the actors dealt with including Turai, I persaonally think Nigeria is finished and it is just matter of time.

AT this minute Goodluck Jonathan is the CIC and he was not advised of the arrival of former President who is ill and Army was been commanded behind him? Complete treason.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by sjeezy8: 2:55am On Feb 26, 2010

“We believe in the oneness and unity of Nigeria. We have fought for it and we trust in it. The Nigerian Constitution is what binds all of us together. If it is subverted, then there is no basis of our continued mutual existence.

ehnnn so you people fought on Nigeria side also hmmm didnt know

@Do they think Nigeria is a small country that they can walk away from?

what there needs to be is southern unity of somesort(ss+se+sw). But I mean they should call out their own southsouth people within the cabal and all the senators/govs in the southsouth that voted against Jonathan being acting president.

its easy to say yea "we the southsouth want to leave" without mentioning the antijonathan south south people like Ibori, Sylva+ others who collaborating and within the cabal.

Jonathan: South-South Reps Back Yar’Adua

The South-South Parliamentary Caucus in the House of Representatives yesterday defended President Umar Yar’Adua on the controversy over his not formally handing over to Vice President Goodluck Jonathan before travelling.
In a statement in Abuja, the Caucus said it had met to review developments in the country and resolved that “it is natural for any creation of God, including man to be indisposed at one point in time or the other.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/35117/1/Jonathan-South-South-Reps-Back-YarAdua-/Page1.html
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by ziga: 3:08am On Feb 26, 2010
sjeezy8:

ehnnn so you people fought on Nigeria side also hmmm didnt know

what there needs to be is southern unity of somesort(ss+se+sw). But I mean they should call out their own southsouth people within the cabal and all the senators/govs in the southsouth that voted against Jonathan being acting president.

its easy to say yea "we the southsouth want to leave" without mentioning the antijonathan south south people like Ibori, Sylva+ others who collaborating and within the cabal.

You have correctly stated Nigeria's problem. It has nothing to do with north vs south or SW vs SE vs SS or biafra vs NE etc like a lot of people make it seem.

Every region has representatives in the corrupt government that have looted and are milking us dry.

We need to call our representatives to order and quit all the division talk. it will not solve nothing.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by 0hsisi: 3:15am On Feb 26, 2010
That Segun Adeniyi that is the presidential boi boi that they use for all their dirty lies and games ought to be bitten by a poisonous snake.
I dislike the man immensely and feel like puking whenever I see his name.
He is the most irritating person in this whole Yaradonna nollywood act.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by bombay: 5:08am On Feb 26, 2010
I hate Nigerians wit a passion brainless naughty person.The way they run things in that country is poo.
It is just a pity.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by ziga: 5:14am On Feb 26, 2010
bombay:

I hate Nigerians wit a passion brainless naughty person.The way they run things in that country is poo.
It is just a pity.

Too bad that Nigerians don't really care about how you feel!!!
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by bombay: 5:17am On Feb 26, 2010
They don't need to because am sorry for them suffering and smiling.They can't stand for themselves animals in human skin.
Opputunist assholes. grin
I pray i never set my foot in that hell hole.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by ziga: 5:37am On Feb 26, 2010
bombay:

They don't need to because am sorry for them suffering and smiling.They can't stand for themselves animals in human skin.
Opputunist assholes. grin
I pray i never set my foot in that hell hole.

Don't even try. With your stoopid, dumb attitude, you'll probably end up spending your lifetime in kirikiri max security!!!
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by bombay: 5:39am On Feb 26, 2010
Ziga you are a dumb fool animal like you ewu grin grin
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by ziga: 5:43am On Feb 26, 2010
bombay:

Ziga you are a dumb fool animal like you ewu grin grin

I don't blame you. Internet sef turn turn you to champion. Better off that computer before your brother catch you dey play with him laptop.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by bombay: 6:07am On Feb 26, 2010
Look at the fool with your dirty nigerian mentality bloody asshole lik you make i come yah house na to use ur lappy fool no sense if you want make i give u lappy free ewu grin
Ziga take time u go wound o grin
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by ziga: 6:10am On Feb 26, 2010
bombay:

Look at the fool with your dirty nigerian mentality bloody asshole lik you make i come yah house na to use your lappy fool no sense if you want make i give u lappy free ewu grin
Ziga take time u go wound o grin

You still dey type. Just wait there. Make your brother catch you. He go send u back go village!!!

Then u go get sense.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by 9ja4eva: 6:13am On Feb 26, 2010
Its the best.Lets just break up abeg
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by EzeUche(m): 6:21am On Feb 26, 2010
Unity in the south is needed. However, I doubt that will ever happen. The Yorubas are always eyeing the Igbos suspicious eyes and vice versa.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by phantom(m): 7:00am On Feb 26, 2010
Hehe, It all started 1966.We have to go back there to end it.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by Beaf: 7:26am On Feb 26, 2010
The South South is the engine of ALL Nigeria's income. Those Northern cabal id!ots have been committing political suicide, he who pays the piper calls the tune.
Nobody can accuse the South South of rushing to action without patience; we have been very cautious and deliberate, almost to a fault; all the while weapons purchased with monies generated in our homelands have been used in genocidal ways against us. They forget that they cannot fight an all out war for a month without our sustenance.

We have learnt from our post independence errors and if push comes to shove, will play several jokers.

The names mentioned in the article are the names of our true leaders, this anger is coming from the very highest quarters and we don't make empty threats.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by obailala(m): 8:16am On Feb 26, 2010
sjeezy8:

this guy just spoke my mind

40 yrs ago, the igbos were united but they couldnt break away (obviously cos they couldnt get any support from their neigbours)

Now the south-south has woken up and wants to break away even at a time when there isn't a single iota of unity. Imagine a situation where almost all the south south 'sitting' leaders (uduaghan, sylva, ibori and the legislators etc) are against their own Jonathan in this whole crisis. The SW can never trust the SE, the SE can never trust the SW (not after what happened 40yrs ago), the SS would rather trust the northerners than trust the SW or SE, the igbo man cannot trust his fellow igbo man etc. 

As long as we southerners cannot be United, secession is IMPOSSIBLE and we will continue to be ruled, insulted and intimidated by those we call "Melu"
Who is really the melu?
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by Beaf: 8:27am On Feb 26, 2010
^
We don't need anybodys help to breakaway and the PDP people you mentioned are not our leaders, they will tow the line or get left behind.
If other regions want to remain mired in their current settings, who are we to convince them otherwise? We know what we want.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by gidson12(m): 8:51am On Feb 26, 2010
@ beaf
d SS are in disunity among demselfs even in d house n back at home, i wounder how they gonna achieve dat on their own with out d aid of other southern block, knowing fully well dat they are having one vital resourses dat the northern dont toy with. E go hard o!
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 26, 2010
i laugh in spanish. those men are noise makers. who are they sef? dey are all bootlickers and deceivers.thunder fire una
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 26, 2010
@bombay
the evil you are praying to happen to millions of people will return on ur head only.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by chidyke77(m): 9:41am On Feb 26, 2010
SE wl neva be part of ths coz ths would hv bn solved in d last four decades bt SS & SW thot we were fools and decided to support d north,we are just spectator in ths development and wl remain so.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by Beaf: 9:51am On Feb 26, 2010
^
Spectators will always remain spectators.
Thank goodness Ohaneze thinks differently; they are the true Igbo voice.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by otawa: 10:11am On Feb 26, 2010
I do believe this is a unique opportunity to break away.

You have a very weak presidency. The NA are in dis-array. The minister are fighting for their lives.

All we need now is a determined MAN in Yoruba, Igbo, South South to come together and announce the break-up.

But I know, nothing we happen. We have some many opportunities in the past but did nothing!
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by Afam(m): 10:47am On Feb 26, 2010
Beaf:

^

Don't be too sure about this because the Ohaneze cannot impose anything on the Igbos.

As long as people want to sweep the past under the carpet trust me the Igbos will not be fooled again.

Obviously, we are not afraid of any fight but we need to understand very clearly why we are getting involved in a fight.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by ReLaTE(m): 11:31am On Feb 26, 2010
Afam:

Don't be too sure about this because the Ohaneze cannot impose anything on the Igbos.

As long as people want to sweep the past under the carpet trust me the Igbos will not be fooled again.

Obviously, we are not afraid of any fight but we need to understand very clearly why we are getting involved in a fight.
it wl neva be easy to divide ths country wtout a civil war since north does'nt agree wt that.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by chidyke77(m): 11:42am On Feb 26, 2010
Beaf:

^
ohaneze wl never do anytin stupid bcoz they all witnessed the betrayal by their so called brothers in d SS. The heaviest blow was even done by our SS neìghbours and they are nw paying for it.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by Sonofpeace(m): 12:02pm On Feb 26, 2010
Are the Southerners caged? Because from what i av been reading for a long time it all sound as if we are caged like toothless lions by our masters(Northerners) to keep believing in this political entity called Nigeria. Well for me i am a Nigerian en not caged by anybody. . .
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by Beaf: 12:07pm On Feb 26, 2010
chidyke77:

ohaneze wl never do anytin silly bcoz they all witnessed the betrayal by their so called brothers in d SS. The heaviest blow was even done by our SS neìghbours and they are nw paying for it.

Do you really know the meaning of South South? The above statement is 100% false.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by phantom(m): 12:17pm On Feb 26, 2010
Leave to where by the way?No,lets all enjoy our one nigeria.The ss will not last 2 days.If they r depending on those criminals who only fight in the creeks and attack defenceless citizens then they'll be sorry.Do you think for one minute that guns were surrendered because they had nigeria by the balls?They had seen the full military might the nation can visit on their people in delta state and they've all scurried away like mice under the guise of amnesty.Clowns!Secede now make we see.Una go see say cold they catch harmattan.
Re: South South Plans To Leave Nigeria Gbam E Don Set by chidyke77(m): 12:25pm On Feb 26, 2010
Beaf:

Do you really know the meaning of South South? The above statement is 100% false.
wat did u mean by that? Am talking about d SS(niger deltans) nt southern nigeria.
The SS does'nt hv d morale to face d north wtout d SE supporting them bt its already late cos we SE cn neva accept those offer even on a plater of gold. We wl remain one Nigeria for nw,no one breaking away.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dora Vs Soludo. This Is Hmmmm: Help! Charles Soludo Sent Thugs To Disrupt My Sis / V-mobile Shares Scam: Ibori's Lawyer Pleads Guilty / Islamic Development Bank Berths In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.