Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Nigerians, How Would You Like To See This Bad Boy In your Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians, How Would You Like To See This Bad Boy In your Country (1198 Views)

Caption This Picture Of Boy In Bayelsa Creeks After Yesterday's Polls / Sunday Dare: "4-year-old Boy In ISIS Video Is My Grandson" / Tell Nigerians How Much Amaechi Gave You - Rivers Group Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians, How Would You Like To See This Bad Boy In your Country by Eddeux(m): 3:16am On Feb 26, 2010
[color=#000099][color=#006600]The Chicago Spire, wat if it were built in Nigeria? Lol, you'd see it from hundreds of miles away (considering your cities are horrible flat). It would be a great symbol to the developed world/other African countries, though, the question is, [b][/b]would your country be able to power this mighty tower?[/[/color]color] [img]http://chicagoismynewblog.files./2009/03/chicago-spire.jpg[/img]
Re: Nigerians, How Would You Like To See This Bad Boy In your Country by oyinda3(f): 3:22am On Feb 26, 2010
and what do we need that for?
Re: Nigerians, How Would You Like To See This Bad Boy In your Country by Eddeux(m): 3:25am On Feb 26, 2010
for the prestige. Do you think the most skyscrapers up in China now r there cause they're needed? NOPE, it's all about lookin' good  cool. besides, it could house a lot of people & attract foreign companies.
Re: Nigerians, How Would You Like To See This Bad Boy In your Country by Nobody: 3:29am On Feb 26, 2010
@poster
as you can see, everything around that tower is "right". . . . . . . . .from the buildings to the marina to the supposedly constant energy, lol.
you would have to change the whole eko to make a picture perfect environment like that in Lagos.

bring Lagos to a standard where everyone will have a roof under their head and some chop chop money FIRST and then you can think of having such extravagant tower. until then
Re: Nigerians, How Would You Like To See This Bad Boy In your Country by oyinda3(f): 3:37am On Feb 26, 2010
well, that's like asking a bed ridden senile woman to put on red lipstick to make her look better.
she should be aiming to get back on her feet rather than searching for a shallow sense of importance.  

besides the word for that kind of project is "white elephant."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_elephant
Re: Nigerians, How Would You Like To See This Bad Boy In your Country by Eddeux(m): 3:44am On Feb 26, 2010
@Oyinda, 'white elephant' what does this mean?

If you don't think that it shouldn't be built just b/c Lagos still has many in poverty, etc. Obviously Babatunde Fashola and others who support the Eko Atlantic City want the project to continue, even though Lagos was rated by an agency recently as one of the world's worst cities to live in. So why shouldn't the Spire be put up as well? And if you bothered to read my reply to MrBrownJay you'd notice I said a lot of skyscrapers that are coming up all over the world aren't truly needed, even in America while many of us continue to suffer from the 'great recession'.
Re: Nigerians, How Would You Like To See This Bad Boy In your Country by oyinda3(f): 3:58am On Feb 26, 2010
Eddeux:

@Oyinda, 'white elephant' what does this mean? 

what grade are u in? lol

If you don't think that it shouldn't be built just b/c Lagos still has many in poverty, etc. Obviously Babatunde Fashola and others who support the Eko Atlantic City want the project to continue, even though Lagos was rated by an agency recently as one of the world's worst cities to live in. So why shouldn't the Spire be put up as well? And if you bothered to read my reply to MrBrownJay you'd notice I said a lot of skyscrapers that are coming up all over the world aren't truly needed, even in America while many of us continue to suffer from the 'great recession'.

i think you are stuck with this mentality that nigeria is a carbon copy of US or something.
the purpose of the atlantic city is to reclaim land from the bar beach n increase the size of the coast to accommodate the needs of the city dwellers. pls tell me what the purpose of the spire is (in a nigerian context). 

different countries, different modes and approaches to development.
Re: Nigerians, How Would You Like To See This Bad Boy In your Country by Eddeux(m): 4:07am On Feb 26, 2010
what grade are u in? lol
high school, and why am I feeling like you think I'm dumb? Last time I checked the average Nigerian student can't even compare to the ones in the Developed world america.

i think you are stuck with this mentality that nigeria is a carbon copy of US or something.
the purpose of the atlantic city is to reclaim land from the bar beach n increase the size of the coast to accommodate the needs of the city dwellers. pls tell me what the purpose of the spire is (in a nigerian context).   

different countries, different modes and approaches to development.

the purpose of the spire is to attract more people to Chicago and of course bring along more business as well. Most Chicagoans adore it, and so do I (even though I'm not from chi-town)
Re: Nigerians, How Would You Like To See This Bad Boy In your Country by oyinda3(f): 4:12am On Feb 26, 2010
Eddeux:

high school, and why am I feeling like you think I'm dumb? Last time I checked the average Nigerian student can't even compare to the ones in the Developed world america.

the purpose of the spire is to attract more people to Chicago and of course bring along more business as well. Most Chicagoans adore it, and so do I (even though I'm not from chi-town)

and why do you have that feeling?
i asked u what grade ur in. I know you're in high school by your question. lol u remind me of myself when i was in high school.

maybe the design and architecture is to attract people/business. but the building itself must have a specific purpose. if it was just for decoration, it would be a monument not a building.
Re: Nigerians, How Would You Like To See This Bad Boy In your Country by Eddeux(m): 4:20am On Feb 26, 2010
I'm a soon to be junior who will one day spread his hands across the world.

don't be surprised if u see me on the news someday  wink
Re: Nigerians, How Would You Like To See This Bad Boy In your Country by oyinda3(f): 4:24am On Feb 26, 2010
grin grin obama wannabe hehn?

yeah yeah we might just adopt u when u do become big. tongue
Re: Nigerians, How Would You Like To See This Bad Boy In your Country by Veritas09: 8:36am On Feb 26, 2010
A giant PHALLUS? Seriously with this?!?!
Re: Nigerians, How Would You Like To See This Bad Boy In your Country by ajalio(f): 9:41am On Feb 26, 2010

@poster

Do you not believe, other things are more important and more urgently in Nigeria?
But nothing goes about external prestige, right? Such a nonsense.
I say this as an also foreigner from a developed (how I hate this word) country.

Finally, the western world should stop playing the omniscient and all being able upper teacher.
Things which maybe function in our countries must not be also right for Nigeria or any other
so called undeveloped country.

(1) (Reply)

Eziachi:1967 mean alot to Biafra,and mean alot to me. / How To Be A Local Government Chairman / Even Gani Fawehinmi Supported Buhari - Must See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.