Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,236 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:06 AM

ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) (3507 Views)

Strike Continues, FG Yet To Take Concrete Action – ASUU / ASUU: Strike Continues Until FG Implements Offer / Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) by tommykiwi(m): 4:18pm On Sep 10, 2017
Check how what this Facebook user posted about ASUU Strike.

Source..Facebook.

Re: ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) by permsec: 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2017
Una never see naating

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) by abelprice(m): 4:24pm On Sep 10, 2017
undecided.... it's so sad d xo called leaders of this country do not believe in the country.... undecided
Re: ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) by Nwodosis(m): 4:33pm On Sep 10, 2017
Some of the reasons the unity of the country is NOT negotiable as they commanded
Re: ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 10, 2017
Mynd44 Lalasticlala
Re: ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) by chibike69: 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2017
grin
Re: ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) by EzePromoe: 5:37pm On Sep 10, 2017
Why are the Sultan and the emirs' children all schooling in a Christian country? What happened to Islamic schools in Mecca? Or are they now seeing the backwardness in that head bowing jamboree called I**am?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) by LAUSUG15: 6:19pm On Sep 10, 2017
Most people criticizing them for sending their children to school in abroad will do same if given the opportunity
Re: ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) by Uyi168: 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2017
EzePromoe:
Why is the Sultan and the emirs' children all schooling in a Christian country? What happened to Islamic schools in Mecca? Or are they now seeing the backwardness in that head bowing jamboree called I**am?
..Religion is meant for the poor
Re: ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) by mordsith: 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2017

Re: ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) by Brunicekid(m): 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2017
The day THE LAW will be enforced that bans Politicians (those in various government Legislators from sending their children to foreign schools will BE THE MOMENT they will start taking the issue of EDUCATION in Nigeria very serious...
Re: ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) by DONADAMS(m): 9:43pm On Sep 10, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) by ChiscoCity(m): 7:25am On Sep 11, 2017
EzePromoe:
Why are the Sultan and the emirs' children all schooling in a Christian country? What happened to Islamic schools in Mecca? Or are they now seeing the backwardness in that head bowing jamboree called I**am?

Contact Thonny 08138759139 on WhatsApp to get your PDF Post UTME questions to practice before the exam(Up to Date Questions)
NOTE: FOR ALL UNIVERSITIES and its also a PDF File!..
Re: ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) by divapinky: 7:35am On Sep 11, 2017
The billion coin wallets with 20,50,100,200,459,500,1000,2000 and 5000 available at very affordable price call me on 07038507805
Re: ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) by babyfaceafrica: 8:04am On Sep 11, 2017
Nice
Re: ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) by Abastiketed(m): 9:38am On Sep 11, 2017
abelprice:
undecided.... it's so sad d xo called leaders of this country do not believe in the country.... undecided
I wonder d kind of leaders we are having why can't they change our system of education we are here facing a lot of challenges in our education setting mind u we are even paying our fees not free honestly our leaders are degrading the system only God can judge them according to what they deserve.My humble advice is we should stand up for the right thing even if we are going to stand up alone.
Re: ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) by abelprice(m): 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2017
Abastiketed:
I wonder d kind of leaders we are having why can't they change our system of education we are here facing a lot of challenges in our education setting mind u we are even paying our fees not free honestly our leaders are degrading the system only God can judge them according to what they deserve.My humble advice is we should stand up for the right thing even if we are going to stand up alone.

Well said.. I almost mistake you for a politician.. undecided.. then I remember we are all politicians after buhari became president.. undecided...
Re: ASUU Strike Continues (screen shot) by dapoalabi91: 11:50am On Sep 14, 2017
….WHILE WAITING ON ASUU

I remember being a university student a couple of years back and the news comes to you that ASUU is going on strike. At first you don’t feel perplexed because you have no idea how long it will last and many students even see it as an opportunity to take a rest from the academic rigour. Not until months start counting and it starts getting boring by the day especially for those who go back home. They begin to pray that ASUU should call off the strike. But you could be always sure that it will take at least four months before your prayers get answered; well, I said four month because that’s the shortest ASUU strike I experienced as an undergraduate.
So while this strike is on, you don’t have to sit down there and relax or keep praying that the strike be called off. We both know those people don’t care about the youths. And an Adage says when two elephants fight the ground bears the brunt. Their kids are outside the country studying; trying to secure for them a better future, so they don’t care. The best you can do for yourself is to take your life is in your hands. Take the bold step and do something rather than waiting.

Well, I will quickly share few tips with you on what to do while waiting on ASUU.
1. Get Certified.
2. Get an Internship placement
3. Get a vocational Skill.

Let me start with the first, Get Certified; See, certification is the only way out of joblessness and the best time to get certified is now. I’ll tell you why; many certification institutes have discount for students, fresh graduates and NYSC members which means you have to take advantage of it; because once the discount umbrella covers you no more, you would have to pay the normally quite expensive amount professionals pay for certifications. Secondly, why procrastinate? If you have the means why not do it now instead of getting a new phone. The perfect time is always NOW!! You might never get the same opportunity you have now again. There are a lot of certification you might want to decide to get now; I’ll mention a few; Oil and Gas certifications like General and Advance HSE, NEBOSH and OSHA certifications will make you a prospect. These certifications are very important and they have taken a lot of people out of the labour market. They are relevant in almost any industry or sector and if you think that your course of study will rob you the opportunity to work in your desired industry, well, I have good news for you; there are oil and gas short courses that will avail you this opportunity.
Another important certification I will mention is I.T certification; you can get a certification in networking or programming while you wait on ASUU. This will not only give you an edge in the labour market it will also make you a potential entrepreneur. Well, I used the word ‘potential’ because not everybody realise this and not everyone have the desire to become entrepreneurs. Getting I.T skills have the highest possibility of making you an entrepreneur. What more can I say? GET CERTIFIED!! CERTIFICATION IS THE WAY!!

Second point is; Get an Internship placement; this might be a little bit hard in this country especially for those who do not have uncles and aunties in these organisations, but it should stop you from trying. Write a letter to as many of them that you have mapped out and will be willing to work at, send you CV along side, and let them know you would be willing to intern in their organisation without getting paid. Of course, you shouldn’t be after the pay at this point in your life; you should be after the experience and the opportunity that comes with it. Learning comes before earning you know. And as a matter of fact, you are still in your Learning stage. If you have few certifications already, it will boost your CV and increase your chances of getting the internship placement that is why I made the getting certification the chief point.

Well, the third one; Get a vocational skill is also important especially for those with the entrepreneur mind set. As a lady you might want to get some fashion designing, makeup or catering skills, there are several others though. And as a guy you might want to learn how to fix computers and phones or some computer software skills depending on your passion, you might even try the so-called ‘feminine’ skills I mention earlier or hair dressing. The trend is changing as men are becoming very successful in the line of businesses that was once believed to be feminine. Most women prefer the male touch to female. I bet these skills would certainly help you when you least expect.

(1) (Reply)

Do Medical Students Get To Do Math And Physics In The University / ASUU Strike 200 Level Student Change Career (picture) / BREAKING: ASUU Reacts To Court Order; Reveals Next Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.