Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

10 Natural Stool Softeners To Help You Combat Constipation - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Natural Stool Softeners To Help You Combat Constipation (3965 Views)

Constipation: How Do I Treat This Long Term Disease Naturally? Please, Urgent! / World Malaria Day: How Do You Combat The Spread Of Malaria / How Can Chekkit Help You Combat The Counterfeit Drug War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Natural Stool Softeners To Help You Combat Constipation by NgHealth(m): 7:07am On Sep 11, 2017
– Natural Stool Softeners are a better alternative when it comes to constipation.
– Constipation without any cause is known as chronic idiopathic constipation.
– it can be caused by you eat or avoid, lifestyle choices, medication or disease.
– It is characterized by discomfort, hard, dry stool, abdominal bloating and less than three bowel movements in a week.
– It is one of the most common gastrointestinal problem in the world.

Constipation has prompted most of us to seek out ways to make our toilet issues bearable, thus the need for natural stool softeners that are more safer than over the counter meds.

Even at this very moment I am going through a phase with constipation and aloe Vera juice has become the
natural stool softener of choice since I have a lot of it.

10 Natural Stool Softeners

1. Water
Part of the reason why most people are constipated is because of dehydration and that’s where water comes in.
Getting hydrated can help soften your stool and the best choice should be carbonated (sparkling) water.

2. Probiotics
Probiotics can help soften your stool and ease constipation due to the fact that the condition is often a matter of an imbalance of bacteria in their gut.

It is said that probiotic can help improve on this imbalance as well as produce lactic acid and short-chain fatty acids which can help treat the condition.

It will help increase the frequency of bowel movements as well as improve stool consistency.

Your best source of Probiotic should be Yoghurts.

3. Prunes
Prunes or its juice is often considered as natures own remedy for constipation.

As it possesses a natural laxative known as sorbitol. And is therefore considered to be more effective than
fibers.

4. Coconut Water
Wish I had a coconut around right now but I think Aloe Vera juice would do.

But the thing is, coconut is also very affective in treating constipation.

It is known for maintaining healthy electrolyte levels, preventing dehydration and clearing out your urinary tract.

Drinking too much can actually loosen your stool a little bit too much.

5. Green Veggies
Okay! I think this one is quite obvious on the fiber front but leafy green vegetables are also magnesium packed which can benefit you with a better digestive health.

As an electrolyte magnesium would help soften your stool as well as help draw water from your gut.

6. Flaxseed
Flaxseed is a good treatment for both constipation and diarrhea. It will give bulk to your stool and allow its movement through the intestines.

It is a good source of insoluble fibers.

7. Aloe Vera
Currently using this one. Aloe Vera is a natural laxative, even considered the oldest in this regard.

It is paked with enzymes, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes that can help heal the gut .

Aloe Vera is able to stimulate mucus secretion and increase the contractions that breaks down food.

8. Fibers
Fibers in general are your sure bet when it comes to constipation and it comes in two forms. Soluble and insoluble.

The Insoluble Fibers: This Kind adds bulk to your stool and relieves constipation faster.
Sources : nuts, seeds, fruit skins, and dark leafy vegetables.

The Soluble : This kind would soak up the moisture in food and slow down the digestion process.

Sources : Oranges, apples, carrots, oatmeal, and flaxseeds.

It is wise to drink enough water or you fiber intake would lead to more toilet issues.
These natural stool softeners would help you in your fight with constipation.

Just make sure you arm yourself with them.

9. Fruits
Go for fruits if you want a combination of water, antioxidants and quality fibers as the treatment for your constipation issue.

Fruits will lead to hydration and help reduce inflammation throughout the digestive system.

10. Prebiotic
Prebiotic fibers improve digestive health by feeding the friendly bacteria in your gut.

Prebiotic is what the probiotics inside of you feed on. Which in turn makes certain certain that there are enough healthy bacteria in your gut, which is good for the fight against constipation.

Sources : Garlic, Onions, Raw Bananas, Artichoke, Asparagus, Raw Leek’s, Cooked Onions.

Prebiotic is good for increasing the frequency of bowel movements, as well as making stools softer.

There are other natural stool softener like coffee and exercises that I didn’t make mention of because I felt there were not natural enough.

Remember that when it comes to fibers, enough water intake is essential. Without which the fiber would make life hard for you in the toilet.

http://www.naturallyhealthypeople.org.ng/2017/09/10/10-natural-stool-softeners-to-help-you-combat-constipation/

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44, dominique

Re: 10 Natural Stool Softeners To Help You Combat Constipation by sim37(m): 7:12am On Sep 11, 2017
K

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Natural Stool Softeners To Help You Combat Constipation by potent5(m): 7:21am On Sep 11, 2017
Chewing boiled Irish potatoes helps too.

1 Like

Re: 10 Natural Stool Softeners To Help You Combat Constipation by Emjay1310(m): 7:37am On Sep 11, 2017
There is this castor oil too. It helps a lot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Natural Stool Softeners To Help You Combat Constipation by NgHealth(m): 8:04am On Sep 11, 2017
Emjay1310:
There is this castor oil too. It helps a lot.
yea that's true! have used it myself and even made a post on it. Its way more effective.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Natural Stool Softeners To Help You Combat Constipation by 1beth: 2:43am On Apr 30, 2020
so, how is the castor oil taken? dosage and prescription

(1) (Reply)

Foods That Nourishes And Produces Sperm Cells.(for Men Only) / Nurses Channel Now On Bbm / Enugu State Embarks On Vaccination To Sustain Polio Free-Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.