Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months (29236 Views)

Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / Tithers And Seed Sowers Like Us "Na Blessing And Favour Dey Rush Us"~ Obiwest / Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by Topgainer: 10:55am On Sep 12, 2017
PointZerom:

Tithing is righteousness and not sin. Deal with with.
Righteousness is not Tithing. In Christianity, righteousness is achieved through Faith in the finished works of Jesus. [ read up the meaning of righteousness for Christians. Galatians, Colossians, Hebrews and Romans]
What you pay from your earnings and name it tithe, is not tithe. It is the corrupted version of it. It is neither the tithe of Abraham nor the Jewish tithe, it is not also a Christian tithe because there is no such terminology among the early Church. Till that time when men of gods spurred by greed besieged the Church with the ideas of running empires and businesses it was not talked about.
Of course, it is not a sin to give an offering of 10% or anyother % of your monthly salary for any good course. But it is a sin against conscience to use that for inglorious course like funding a party pastor or a philandering Bishop/Prophet/Apostle/Evangelist and indeed any sweet talking crook out there.
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by PointZerom: 11:44am On Sep 12, 2017
BlueAngel444:

EVERY SCRIPTURAL REFERENCE ABOUT TITHING IS STATED IN THE ARTICLES I POSTED ON NL

deut 14:23 eat the tithe...

i can quote my biblical passages that will make you ask yourself, why that whoever taught you tithing NEVER QUOTING THIS VERSES

THEY ASSUME PEOPLE ARE TOO FOOLISH AND LAZY TO ACTUAL STUDY THE BIBLE

Only the "fool" can serve God perfectly.
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by PointZerom: 11:47am On Sep 12, 2017
Topgainer:

Righteousness is not Tithing. In Christianity, righteousness is achieved through Faith in the finished works of Jesus. [ read up the meaning of righteousness for Christians. Galatians, Colossians, Hebrews and Romans]
What you pay from your earnings and name it tithe, is not tithe. It is the corrupted version of it. It is neither the tithe of Abraham nor the Jewish tithe, it is not also a Christian tithe because there is no such terminology among the early Church. Till that time when men of gods spurred by greed besieged the Church with the ideas of running empires and businesses it was not talked about.
Of course, it is not a sin to give an offering of 10% or anyother % of your monthly salary for any good course. But it is a sin against conscience to use that for inglorious course like funding a party pastor or a philandering Bishop/Prophet/Apostle/Evangelist and indeed any sweet talking crook out there.

You are wasting your time if you're teaching me to stop tithing. Show me a place in the Bible where tithing is discouraged or keep mute.
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by BlueAngel444: 11:48am On Sep 12, 2017
PointZerom:

Only the "fool" can serve God perfectly.
The fool says in his heart their is no God. Be ye gentle as doves yet wise as serpents do u have to quote psalms, proverbs and NT for you
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by PointZerom: 12:00pm On Sep 12, 2017
BlueAngel444:

The fool says in his heart their is no God.
Be ye gentle as doves yet wise as serpents
do u have to quote psalms, proverbs and NT for you

Sorry, I thought that you're erudite enough to understand when I say "fool" and not fool.
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by Topgainer: 12:02pm On Sep 12, 2017
PointZerom:

You are wasting your time if you're teaching me to stop tithing. Show me a place in the Bible where tithing is discouraged or keep mute.
You have never tithed. How can you stop what you aren't doing ? 10% of your salary given to a Church or a Bishop is not tithe just like 100% of your January salary submitted to a Pentecostal overlord is not first fruit and can never represent the Jewish first fruit.
Go on! give your offerings (any % of your choice) but don't overly feel righteous about observing a non existent law for Christians. And don't forget once there's compulsion, subtle laws, coercion and intimidation to it, it is no longer a Christian offering.
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by PointZerom: 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2017
Topgainer:

You have never tithed. How can you stop what you aren't doing ? 10% of your salary given to a Church or a Bishop is not tithe just like 100% of your January salary submitted to a Pentecostal overlord is not first fruit and can never represent the Jewish first fruit.
Go on! give your offerings (any % of your choice) but don't overly feel righteous about observing a non existent law for Christians. And don't forget once there's compulsion, subtle laws, coercion and intimidation to it, it is no longer a Christian offering.

Lol, take your lamentations to your pocket. I am a thither if you're not happy goan die.
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by BlueAngel444: 5:01pm On Sep 12, 2017
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by ideologies(m): 8:31pm On Sep 12, 2017
BlueAngel444:

Actually tithing isnt older than the old testament. Read the article history of tithing on nairaland.

people that dont read always get easily decieved n produce unprovable conclusion
hahahhaha who wrote the article, is he the originator of tithes?

Humans will always believes anything they want esp when it aligns to what they want to hear.

No matter how reasonable it sounds, it doesn't make it correct or right
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by ideologies(m): 8:33pm On Sep 12, 2017
BlueAngel444:
https://www.nairaland.com/3992834/malachis-prophecy

https://www.nairaland.com/3992671/tithing-truth-history-origin-catholic

if Catholic is the writer, hahhah then no need to read.
Everything about tithe is in the bible not some religious content
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by Topgainer: 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2017
PointZerom:

I am a thither if you're not happy goan die.
You have never paid tithe, you only dashed the 10% of your salary out to men most of whom don't deserve it. 10% of one's salary is not tithe and 100% of January salary is not first fruit offering.
"Goan die"
You can be a better person when you censor your language. If your present lord and prophet can't help you in priming your words, abandon him and locate a new Daddy.
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by Kennyprince: 10:30pm On Sep 12, 2017
Oche211:
All what took place in his church are donors being recognized for their generous donations.
Btw, that can't happen without his pastor's consent even though he's away.
He must have given his approval, stamped nd sealed.

Mr oche, next time u dont talk as if u were there.
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:02pm On Sep 13, 2017
BlueAngel444:

And no law established it in the NT, JESUS AND THE APOSTLES DIDNT PREACH IT.

YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THOSE SCRIPTURES PROPERLY AND YOUR STANDARD SEEM SET ON WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD.

study, read articles of early church fathers on tithing, read the history, truth about tithing, read jewish articles people who the law was given to, gain wisdom, gain the truth.
I have shared some of these articles and my research here on NL

What exactly did I not understood properly and who do you reckon told me what you concluded that my standard seem set on?

Jesus didn't preach about tithing but he told the Pharisee that while they practice tithing of a tenth of every of their earnings they have neglected the more important matter of Mercy, faith. That this they ought also to do and not neglect. .... Do I need anyone to explain to me that he wanted much more than tithe but did not condenm it? Does it take a third part telling to understand a straight forward admonition from Matt 23:23 ......Do I need your counselling to know that Heb 7:8 says that tithes are collected here on earth by men who die but that the records are with him in heaven who bears witness.

I am convince as a simple minded Christian without RESEARCH capacity that tithing is for today's Christian. I do not believe and have never seen any part of the scripture as meant for a separate Christians called native Jews or Hebrews .... Any and every part of the Bible is for the universal Church otherwise the death of Jesu would be deemed to be for a particular Jews...The natives .....The scriptures say I am written to teach you, correct you as well as serves as an example ...Do it as they did with the attitude they did and you will see result ...Romans 15:4 and 2 Timo 3:16

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness

I never wish to be a research fellow of the holy spirit ... Let Him do the search and just give me instructions.

Tithing got me out of my financial desert .... And I have never tithe lower sum than the previous month since my encounter in a dream with the spirit of God on this matter of tithing. I started tithing and keeping records after mine encounter ....First months 14,000.... Second months 16,000... Third month 22,000 and fourth and on it kept increasing.

I am not a young adolescent. I am married with family. I know when the water shield arrived in my life ....I never will subscribed to researching anything history of the Bible ... The Bible is all that I need
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by Topgainer: 8:04am On Sep 14, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

What exactly did I not understood properly and who do you reckon told me what you concluded that my standard seem set on?

Jesus didn't preach about tithing but he told the Pharisee that while they practice tithing of a tenth of every of their earnings they have neglected the more important matter of Mercy, faith. That this they ought also to do and not neglect. .... Do I need anyone to explain to me that he wanted much more than tithe but did not condenm it? Does it take a third part telling to understand a straight forward admonition from Matt 23:23 ......Do I need your counselling to know that Heb 7:8 says that tithes are collected here on earth by men who die but that the records are with him in heaven who bears witness.

I am convince as a simple minded Christian without RESEARCH capacity that tithing is for today's Christian. I do not believe and have never seen any part of the scripture as meant for a separate Christians called native Jews or Hebrews .... Any and every part of the Bible is for the universal Church otherwise the death of Jesu would be deemed to be for a particular Jews...The natives .....The scriptures say I am written to teach you, correct you as well as serves as an example ...Do it as they did with the attitude they did and you will see result ...Romans 15:4 and 2 Timo 3:16

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness

I never wish to be a research fellow of the holy spirit ... Let Him do the search and just give me instructions.

Tithing got me out of my financial desert .... And I have never tithe lower sum than the previous month since my encounter in a dream with the spirit of God on this matter of tithing. I started tithing and keeping records after mine encounter ....First months 14,000.... Second months 16,000... Third month 22,000 and fourth and on it kept increasing.

I am not a young adolescent. I am married with family. I know when the water shield arrived in my life ....I never will subscribed to researching anything history of the Bible ... The Bible is all that I need
Mt 23:23 is not an admonition on Christian tithe. It was addressed to Pharisees (Jews) who were under the law. Besides, it was still on Jewish tithe of farm produce (Cummins, mint, grains e.t.c).
Heb 7:8 like most of the book of Hebrews, recalled the history of Israel and the persuasion to accept Jesus as the fulfilment of the laws. It is was not addressed to greeks and gentiles who had no business with all Jewish laws.
If you say you gave 10% of your money earnings as tithe, you have no Bible-Christian justification for that. Money was not used as tithe in the Hebrew laws assuming you wanted to practice Hebrew laws. If it is Christianity you practice then you should know that not all the things in the Bible you are to do. Some especially from the old testament through the acts at Jerusalem during the time of Jesus are purely Jewish traditions and such stories.

A 10% of your financial earnings given to a Church is not tithe, it is offering. In fact, it doesn't matter what percentage you gave, your cheerfulness in giving is what matters and the blessings of God meets your neigbours who gave 1% or the neighbour who gave 20% as well. Don't massage your ego on righteousness, that your are obeying the Hebrew tithe laws. You have not met the demands which I don't think you know.
The Jewish tithe was on crops.
The Jewish tithe is meant for the Temple at Jerusalem
There is a tithe break in some farm seasons.
People with large harvest, that can't transport the tithe, sell them and buy back the crops on getting to Jerusalem.
The Jews also ate the tithe with family members and the poor neighbours in some seasons.
The Levites were in the picture because they were not supposed to be given an inheritance among the tribes
Abraham tithed only once and it was spoils of war.
Jacob promised if some conditions were met, to tithe his earnings (a cattle rearer) but there was no record he did.
So say the truth, are you practicing the Jewish tithe laws? Or the vision of a man of gods who is a fake levite.

Above all, Jesus didn't collect tithe from his followers. Peter, Paul and other Apostles who were the founding fathers of the early Church didn't talk about tithe and no record they emphasized on tithe or took tithes in the Churches they presided.
The present crop of Prosperity and money Preachers are the abominations of the Church. They are the corruption that is defiling the Church.
Re: Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:13am On Sep 14, 2017
If the admonition was to Jews according to you then God is a partial God because Heb 7:8 clearly tells us that the records of tithe are kept in heaven ... Is there a different heaven also for the Jews and another for the gentiles ... The word of God says God is no respecter of persons

Coming to your definition of tithe on farm produce I believe you have reduced the meaning of money to paper notes which is just a very recent addition to money ... The broader view of money includes farm produce which could be exchanged then for another needed product.... In today's economy, money represents all products.

The scripture is a spiritual book that is complete and for all Christian .....By the way, you did not touch my statement on the death of Jesus Christ ...Did he die for the Jews only because his manner of death is actually a Jewish ritual for cleansing the land ...They use animal that they take outside the city just like he was taken to Golgotha..... Explain how that death became for everyone but tithe remained as a Jewish affairs in the same Bible meant for believers everywhere ........NB: if the book of Hebrew is addressed to a particular group why and how did it enter the universal book for all believers or just some portions are exclusive to them?

Romans 15:4 and 2 Timo 3:16

I never knew the Bible was also an entertainment journal ...So there are mere stories in the Bible according to your understanding.... God will surely have mercy onip whoever taught you that

Topgainer:

Mt 23:23 is not an admonition on Christian tithe. It was addressed to Pharisees (Jews) who were under the law. Besides, it was still on Jewish tithe of farm produce (Cummins, mint, grains e.t.c).
Heb 7:8 like most of the book of Hebrews, recalled the history of Israel and the persuasion to accept Jesus as the fulfilment of the laws. It is was not addressed to greeks and gentiles who had no business with all Jewish laws.
If you say you gave 10% of your money earnings as tithe, you have no Bible-Christian justification for that. Money was not used as tithe in the Hebrew laws assuming you wanted to practice Hebrew laws. If it is Christianity you practice then you should know that not all the things in the Bible you are to do. Some especially from the old testament through the acts at Jerusalem during the time of Jesus are purely Jewish traditions and such stories.

A 10% of your financial earnings given to a Church is not tithe, it is offering. In fact, it doesn't matter what percentage you gave, your cheerfulness in giving is what matters and the blessings of God meets your neigbours who gave 1% or the neighbour who gave 20% as well. Don't massage your ego on righteousness, that your are obeying the Hebrew tithe laws. You have not met the demands which I don't think you know.
The Jewish tithe was on crops.
The Jewish tithe is meant for the Temple at Jerusalem
There is a tithe break in some farm seasons.
People with large harvest, that can't transport the tithe, sell them and buy back the crops on getting to Jerusalem.
The Jews also ate the tithe with family members and the poor neighbours in some seasons.
The Levites were in the picture because they were not supposed to be given an inheritance among the tribes
Abraham tithed only once and it was spoils of war.
Jacob promised if some conditions were met, to tithe his earnings (a cattle rearer) but there was no record he did.
So say the truth, are you practicing the Jewish tithe laws? Or the vision of a man of gods who is a fake levite.

Above all, Jesus didn't collect tithe from his followers. Peter, Paul and other Apostles who were the founding fathers of the early Church didn't talk about tithe and no record they emphasized on tithe or took tithes in the Churches they presided.
The present crop of Prosperity and money Preachers are the abominations of the Church. They are the corruption that is defiling the Church.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bishop Obinim’s Sticker: My Husband Can Now Last Longer In Bed – Woman Claims / Obayi Paul Martins Undergoes 3 Days Fasting, Allows Himself To Be Flogged (Pics) / I Need An Interpretation Of This Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.