Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies (13080 Views)

A Serious Message To Ladies. / Please Help Me To Obey The Clarion Call / CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by safarigirl(f): 11:17am On Sep 15, 2017
jobaltol:
The sincere truth of the matter is that the society influences what the female gender counts as being important

Luckily adichie was lucky to be flown abroad at a tender age...if not we would not be celebrating her like how we are doing now
thanks gir this

The society defines what a woman is. If you are unlucky enough to be in a patriarchal society like Nigeria, just know that you will never really be an Adichie no matter how much you try

America gave Adichie an opportunity rarely found in Nigeria. Even that Zuriel girl making waves, you think she would be so popular if she wasn't abroad?

5 Likes

Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by LordIsaac(m): 11:21am On Sep 15, 2017
Ours prefer to ɓe twerƙing in Davido's viɗeos and worƙing towarɗs ɓeing a renowneɗ Cucumɓer fan.

1 Like

Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by sekem: 11:23am On Sep 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
When a gal has magaa and mugus ,why should she care?..when she can get the best car,cloths latest phones and gadgets,mighty houses by just opening her legs.. Why should she care?..until.women stop seeing sex as a bargaining chip to power,affluence and wealth..the story won't change....

But what if it is actually nature that made women to use sex as a bargaining chip?

Do you think anything can be done about that?

Men will always want sex from women because men usually and naturally have higher libido or propensity to want sex. They will be ready to give anything to have it including paying for it.

Women, in most cases, will have no other option than to play ball.

This sets the stage for natural demand (of sex mostly by men) and supply (of sex mostly by women) giving birth to the sex market that has been with us from the beginning of time.

That's just the way it is.

That's the way it will always be.

Or don't you think so?

1 Like

Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by FSFitzGerald: 11:25am On Sep 15, 2017
One word-ambition. African women who stand out and hold their own, have strong will power that transcends beyond societal norms, cultural limitations and gender shaming. This makes them admirable and useful resources in our society in addition to being great role models for aspiring kids.

1 Like

Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by babilicious: 11:31am On Sep 15, 2017
lovelygurl:
I love the way you write, lol. The linking words were just flowing grin

I do agree with most of the things you wrote except you saying, there aren't many Adichies out there. It just depends on which country you are talking about. As for Nigeria, especially Nigerian women (this might sound harsh) but to me most of them are cowards. I have my reasons, I am just too tired to explain
When You make such assertions..then you should be willing to state/ give reasons to justify same...He who asserts must prove it....i believe your ideology is framed from the kind of women you associate with. I am a woman and i take it personal when anybody (man or woman) makes a negative general comment about Nigerian women . You CANNOT speak for the entire Nigerian women because you HAVE NOT met half of us. I AM A WOMAN, A LAWYER, AN ACTIVIST , A FEMINIST and NOT A COWARD.

6 Likes

Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by babyfaceafrica: 11:33am On Sep 15, 2017
sekem:

But what if it is actually nature that made women to use sex as a bargaining chip?

Men will always want sex from women because men usually and naturally have higher libido or propensity to want sex. They will be ready to give anything to have it including paying for it.

This sets the stage for natural demand (of sex mostly by men) and supply (of sex mostly by women) giving birth to the sex market that has been with us from the beginning of time.

Or don't you think so?
are you saying they are helpless?....
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by HomeTutor1(f): 11:33am On Sep 15, 2017
Kayceenaz:
Going through one of the Groups on Whatsapp social network that I am fortunately a member of, yesterday evening, exposed me to the thought-provoking speech delivered by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, a literary juggernaut, titled "Why We Should All Be Feminists," in an event few years ago. Reading each line was a voyage of discovery, as I was amazed the more by the wittiness of the author and her articulate redefinition of feminism. Few days earlier, I came across a topic in a textbook bordering on feminism, which piqued my interest and was perceived as a means to enrich my-inquisitive-self on the much talked about feminist school of thought. Without further ado, I immersed myself in it, hoping to be cured of my feminism ignorance. Feminism is not an uncommon word in the female sphere and this is not unrelated to its etymological reference to female folks. This is becoming the case in the male sphere, too mainly because of the idea that it is diametrically opposed to status-quo and aimed at undermining the male folks. Whether feminism is valid or invalid is a topic for another day.

The focal point is the relentlessness of this woman of difficult virtue to carve a niche for herself, and contribute meaningfully to the evolution of global thought amidst a society where priorities are being ill-defined. It is no breaking news that this misunderstanding of what a lady or woman should feed her attention on is a thorn in the skin of our socio-political well-being. This sheds light on the crave for fashion, relationship/marriage, and money that is widespread among most ladies today. Although all the aforementioned are worth having, problem creeps in when they become the be-all-and-end-all of most females' consideration and dominate their scale of preference. The distance between what truly matters and themselves is so wide, and yet they remain unaware.

Sadly, it is a rarity to see Chimamanda Ngozi Adichies today in this part of the globe that are willing to break free from this ugly trend, enhance the society via their talents, and envision to leave their footprints in the sand of time; ladies that are committed to touching lives and exuding emulative virtues. Making your existence count is a product of re-prioritizing your priorities. It entails calling yourself to order, re-evaluating your interests reflective in your actions, and weighing them on the scale of difference-making/purposefulness. Brandishing your body shape or figure, clothes, relationship status, or material acquisition puts a very big question mark on your person, values, and inevitably the female agitation to be taken seriously summarized in feminism. Aligning yourself with the "happening babe" notion depresses, rather than impress. It depresses your spirit-man, self-esteem without you in the know and supresses your potentials to a great extent.

However, Jane Goodall, a reverred UN ambassador, said "You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide the kind of difference you want to make." So become a lady or woman that her worth transcends her physique or ring on the finger. One that is appreciated due to the beauty of her intellect, character and not primarily the beauty of her body. A lady that growing kids, guys and ladies, men and women would look up to and come to value her values. A woman of substance and societal relevance that resonates hope to all. Would you become one? Yes? Make it happen.

Kaycee Naze
(Rational Pen)
I wish to be one. Unfortunately, we woke up to find ourselves in a nation that has no regard for the opinions of the female gender

2 Likes

Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by sekem: 11:36am On Sep 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
are you saying they are helpless?....

Who are the they you are referring to?

The men or the women?

If it the men, then, yeah... men, most men anyway, are totally powerless when it comes to the superior bottom power of women! tongue
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by babyfaceafrica: 11:38am On Sep 15, 2017
sekem:

Who are the they you are referring to?

The men or the women?

If it the men, then, yeah... men, most men anyway, are totally powerless when it comes to the superior bottom power of women! tongue
I mean the women?.. Since you said its nature
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by sekem: 11:48am On Sep 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
I mean the women?.. Since you said its nature

For the women, I guess, it's more like common sense

Yeah

Naturally, people will like to take advantage of any situation they find themselves in

For the women, it is a plus for them that men always want sex

Look at it from this view

Let's say I run a restaurant

Do you think I will be sad or happy that people always feel hungry?
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Pataricatering(f): 11:50am On Sep 15, 2017
All this grammar is too much for the cause . There is absolutely no need to wrap feminism in the false garb of intellectualism so you can determine that only women who are above a certain intellect can be involved in it . Feminism is quite simple , any woman can be a feminist - You don't have to be a chimamanda to be a Feminist . You simply have to see the need in standing up for yourself as a woman.
This is one of the ways closet misogynists muddy the waters to invalidate feminism . If only people like chimamanda can be feminists then we should all simply pack up and go home .
When will men see the need to do articles like these advising themselves on how to be better human beings and leave women to advise their own selves ? You concern yourself with women and their issues as a means to keep controlling the narrative about women , their bodies , their sexuality , their roles within society etc . Uche , face your work , Abeg! Leave women alone.

2 Likes

Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by babyfaceafrica: 11:50am On Sep 15, 2017
sekem:

For the women, I guess, it's more like common sense

Yeah

Naturally, people will like to take advantage of any situation they find themselves in

For the women, it is a plus for them that men always want sex

Look at it from this view

Let's say I run a restaurant

Do you think I will be sad or happy that people always feel hungry?

looz..but it is bad
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by sekem: 11:52am On Sep 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
looz..but it is bad

It can only be seen as bad depending on where you stand.

As a guy, it sucks

As a lady, it means more and more power
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by babyfaceafrica: 11:54am On Sep 15, 2017
sekem:

It can only be seen as bad depending on where you stand.

As a guy, it sucks

As a lady, it means more and more power
well.am sure some.ladies have dignity and won't compromise ,no matter what
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Afrobasic(m): 11:59am On Sep 15, 2017
Feminism is cancer. EOD cool
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:01pm On Sep 15, 2017
You should read this too if you like the op.
http://www.mortalpoet.com/men-chill-feminism-not-think/
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:02pm On Sep 15, 2017
Afrobasic:
Feminism is cancer. EOD cool
No, it is not. Your understanding of it is. Read this to understand what it really means.

Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by 4FACEADELEKE(m): 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
sekem:

Or don't you think so?
it depends on the individual. Am a man most people call egocentric.you know why? am unconventional in thinking and behavior. There is one thing I can't do in.my life and till date I have never done, is to plead to a woman to give me sex or pay money to have it.I maintain a very reasonable amount of self control and personal integrity that cannot be shaken easily.I hate to be manipulated.

1 Like

Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by sekem: 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
well.am sure some.ladies have dignity and won't compromise ,no matter what

Dignity wetin?

Dignity my foot!

Everyone has a price

For the right price, you won't believe what some ladies are willing to do or how far they are ready to go!!!

It's not necessarily money that can get these women tripping

For some, it could be the fame, it could love, it could be smartness and intelligence, for some it could even be as simple as honesty or trust

Thus as men, we always have our own bargaining chips towards getting sex from the ladies

But fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you see it, money is a universal language that most people understand.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by sekem: 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2017
4FACEADELEKE:

it depends on the individual. Am a man most people call egocentric.you know why? am unconventional in thinking and behavior. There is one thing I can't do in.my life and till date I have never done, is to plead to a woman to give me sex or pay money to have it.I maintain a very reasonable amount of self control and personal integrity that cannot be shaken easily.I hate to be manipulated.

In that case, you are an exception; not the case grin
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by babyfaceafrica: 12:13pm On Sep 15, 2017
sekem:

Dignity wetin?

Dignity my foot!

Everyone has a price

For the right price, you won't believe what some ladies are willing to do or how far they are ready to go!!!

It's not necessarily money that can get these women tripping

For some, it could be the fame, it could love, it could be smartness and intelligence, for some it could even be as simple as honesty or trust

Thus as men, we always have our own bargaining chips towards getting sex from the ladies

But fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you see it, money is a universal language that most people understand.
what is men s bargaining chip towards getting sex
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by sekem: 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
what is men s bargaining chip towards getting sex

Do you want the easy one or do you want the hard one?
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Afrobasic(m): 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
No, it is not. Your understanding of it is. Read this to understand what it really means.

Yes it is.

You can have a textbook definition of a movement and completely be something else in reality.

So I re-iterate that feminism is indeed cancer.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by babyfaceafrica: 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2017
sekem:

Do you want the easy one or do you want the hard one?
both
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2017
Afrobasic:

Yes it is.

You can have a textbook definition of a movement and completely be something else in reality.

So I re-iterate that feminism is indeed cancer.
Lol. Just like that? So what exactly is feminism to you? Define it.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by BreezyRita(f): 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2017
amokeme:
Well, there are a lot of young women doing great things right now... many men don't just see it or rather they choose not to see it.
Exactly!
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by sekem: 12:22pm On Sep 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
both

Nwanne idi bad wink

Anyway sha, as per the easy one, start promising so many women marriage

That marriage of a thing has a wonderful way of turning their brain

As per the hard one,

try and become the next dangote

They will naturally start throwing themselves at you tongue wink
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Afrobasic(m): 12:23pm On Sep 15, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Lol. Just like that? So what exactly is feminism to you? Define it.

Cancer.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:24pm On Sep 15, 2017
Afrobasic:

Cancer.
How is it cancer?
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by babyfaceafrica: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
sekem:

Nwanne idi bad wink

Anyway sha, as per the easy one, start promising so many women marriage

That marriage of a thing has a wonderful way of turning their brain

As per the hard one,

try and become the next dangote

They will naturally start throwing themselves at you tongue wink
hmmmmm..I am learning..thanks.. Marriage and money..and legs will be open wide

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olden Days Vs Modern Days Marriages / Woman Marries 2 Men, Charged To Sharia Court / Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.