Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,776 members, 7,802,383 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies (13065 Views)

A Serious Message To Ladies. / Please Help Me To Obey The Clarion Call / CEO Of Europe's Largest Fashion Site Resigns To Prioritize His Wife's Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by sekem: 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
hmmmmm..I am learning..thanks.. Marriage and money..and legs will be open wide

As wide as river niger grin cheesy smiley
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by babyfaceafrica: 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2017
sekem:

As wide as river niger grin cheesy smiley
lmao
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Afrobasic(m): 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
How is it cancer?

You're making me go round and round.

I already told you it's a movement that says one thing and does another.

A movement filled with man-hating lesbians and emasculated males.

A moment that's pretty much useless and dying in the western world and likewise useless in this part of the world.

Need I say more?
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by JuneOctober(f): 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
lovelygurl:
I love the way you write, lol. The linking words were just flowing grin

I do agree with most of the things you wrote except you saying, there aren't many Adichies out there. It just depends on which country you are talking about. As for Nigeria, especially Nigerian women (this might sound harsh) but to me most of them are cowards. I have my reasons, I am just too tired to explain

grin na here I go find you.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Reference(m): 12:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
jobaltol:
The sincere truth of the matter is that the society influences what the female gender counts as being important

Luckily adichie was lucky to be flown abroad at a tender age...if not we would not be celebrating her like how we are doing now

Not true. Location has less to do with outlook than exposure. It is the company you are fortunate to keep that matters. Granted she is a global figure because of location but there are many success stories across Nigeria of women that have done exploits, impacted lives, changed the course of destiny and hauled themselves out of seemingly impossible situations by themselves. Some have lived and died without recognition and their names being sung. If you think global recognition is the only yardstick for success then I will further ask, how many men are that successful.

I have been priviledged to have know several women who have lifted themselves from absolute poverty and depravity to educate and empower themselves.

My mum educated herself through primary school, teacher training and ended with a foreign masters degree. She will have gone further but for business which she still runs in her advanced age and she is a self made multi millionaire no questions asked.

My aunt who changed my diapers when mum burnt the midnight oil rose from house help with zero education to become an assistant bank manager at retirement then into business.

Atmosphere and association matters. So the ladies in my life have no reason not to be a Chiamanda even if a less celebrated one. That is why my househelp is a student at the Open University. To me success is simply end worth minus start worth divided by the square of opportunity.

4 Likes

Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
Afrobasic:

A moment that's pretty much useless and dying in the western world and likewise useless in this part of the world.

Need I say more?
Okay. This is enough.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Oysdam(m): 12:59pm On Sep 15, 2017
Afrobasic:

Need I say more?
All these, as untrue as some, does not invalidate it. Majorly, the 'masculine' men cause the need for feminism.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by ashewoboy(m): 1:01pm On Sep 15, 2017
midehi2:

you don't need to be tired, seeing one coward doesn't guarantee you calling 'most' "cowards.

Don't stay in your cubicle and conclude

are you a feminist?
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by PeacenLove2: 1:40pm On Sep 15, 2017
Afrobasic:

Need I say more?

This is a perfect example why in a thousand years, some societies will remain trapped in the Stone Age. Good on ya! Enjoy this perfect arrangement that needs not progress.

If God made men like you Abraham Lincoln, I bet the blacks would have been left to rot in the Deep South. Folks like you could have ended up in one of those cargo ships below deck. Macho man!

These Feminists must just be greedy to denounce discrimination against them. The men who support them are the stupid men for wanting justice and fairness to thrive in an unbalanced society. You're sharp.

The same reason why you feel this is okay is how that politician feels it's perfectly fine to rob you blind. Why shouldn't he when he has the power to do it and get away it? If God didn't stop him from doing that, then it's because it's what God wants. No be so? I hope people can slow down and educate themselves, rid their minds of bias and prejudice that hasn't gotten society anywhere. Everything doesn't have to be competition. Respect, Live and let live. Stop looking for people to dominate. Look for ways people with differences can get the best out of life. Life is too short for nonsense. Grow up while you can.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by 400billionman: 1:43pm On Sep 15, 2017
The type of write ups I like reading.
Anywhere you find intelligence is dope.

1 Like

Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Kayceenaz(m): 1:43pm On Sep 15, 2017
Apina:

When I got to that point(bolded) I stopped reading cos it simply meant there is no foundation to whatever u had to say.
I take exception to your view. The foundation of my contention is a sheer desire to see ladies embrace a perspective of purposefulness, difference-making and discard life-patterns that stiffle the maximization of their potentials. It is not necessarily feministic, because the same orientation is applicable to and can be shared by men. The article's basis is humanism. More so, I made that statement to clearly define the scope of my article and avoid getting entangled in the feminism debate.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2017
JuneOctober:

grin na here I go find you.

Hahaha grin
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by PeacenLove2: 1:51pm On Sep 15, 2017
HomeTutor1:
I wish to be one. Unfortunately, we woke up to find ourselves in a nation that has no regard for the opinions of the female gender

You will not believe how women themselves contribute to the unfortunate situation. This not to generalize but when a society is ready for change, statistics should be able to support the cause. A whole lot of women, too many women, even highly educated ones are the ones telling other women to stop being so childish and accept what the Lord has made sacrosanct. When it comes to religious beliefs, you better slow down, you can get crucified by soldiers of the Lord.

However, let's just do what we can. God dey.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by PeacenLove2: 1:56pm On Sep 15, 2017
sekem:

Dignity wetin?

Dignity my foot!

Everyone has a price

For the right price, you won't believe what some ladies are willing to do or how far they are ready to go!!!

It's not necessarily money that can get these women tripping

For some, it could be the fame, it could love, it could be smartness and intelligence, for some it could even be as simple as honesty or trust

Thus as men, we always have our own bargaining chips towards getting sex from the ladies

But fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you see it, money is a universal language that most people understand.

Everyone has a price! I'm glad even you can admit that. But what sort of degenerate offers another degenerate money for sex? It always takes two to tango.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Kayceenaz(m): 1:59pm On Sep 15, 2017
amokeme:
Well, there are a lot of young women doing great things right now... many men don't just see it or rather they choose not to see it.
Right-thinking men indeed see and admire them. We are poised to celebrate your greatness if only you dare.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Kayceenaz(m): 2:08pm On Sep 15, 2017
safarigirl:
thanks gir this

The society defines what a woman is. If you are unlucky enough to be in a patriarchal society like Nigeria, just know that you will never really be an Adichie no matter how much you try

America gave Adichie an opportunity rarely found in Nigeria. Even that Zuriel girl making waves, you think she would be so popular if she wasn't abroad?
I beg to differ. What about Prof. Dora Akunyili, Dr. Ngozi Okonji Iweala, and Mrs Oby Ezekwesili? This implies that any lady can be like and surpass Adichie if they choose to. A significant part of the problem is the indecisiveness of most ladies in this clime. Having men drool over them is just enough for them.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2017
babilicious:

When You make such assertions..then you should be willing to state/ give reasons to justify same...He who asserts must prove it....i believe your ideology is framed from the kind of women you associate with. I am a woman and i take it personal when anybody (man or woman) makes a negative general comment about Nigerian women . You CANNOT speak for the entire Nigerian women because you HAVE NOT met half of us. I AM A WOMAN, A LAWYER, AN ACTIVIST , A FEMINIST and NOT A COWARD.

To be honest, I really forgot about this thread.

But anyway like I said I have my reasons for saying that because I am Nigerian doesn't mean I'm blind to what is happening, not to the good and not to bad. Of course I haven't even met 1/8 of Nigerian women, it's even possible that I have met more foreign women than Nigerian women, this however doesn't change my opinion.

Because you are a feminist, doesn't mean you are not a coward.
Tell me, how many women in Nigeria even know the true definition of feminism? How many women in Nigeria really are capable of saying what's on their mind? How many women do not need a validation from Mr Society, (which I don't know, most do not realize involves them? )

When it comes to age, marriage which includes even the abusive one? Or ignore marriage advices which usually go by "How to keep your husband/ 10 reasons why your husbands no longer find you attractive etc". Do I even to explain the irony in this?

We are going to pretend that women in Nigeria can't be EASILY shut up just by saying "Your pussy smells/ it's wide" or just by bringing up the word "sex". Something as NORMAL as sex, can't really be spoken of because then you are termed a LovePeddler.

I am supposed to pretend that many women tend to stop climbing up the career ladder because it is time to get married, I'm clocking 25 this year and oh I might scare the man away if I'm too successful. Besides the man HAS to be richer I'd rather not be rich myself. He HAS to feel like the man of the house etc

There's a reason why feminism is needed in Nigeria. There's a reason why there aren't many Adichies because most women in Nigeria NEED a validation from their society and their society is a misogynistic society.

You are feminist but would you speak out loud when topics about the need of feminism are being discussed. I'm not talking about the internet and honestly I do not care, about your answer. Hell "feminist" is even an INSULT according to some.

Until women start letting their thoughts, pain, etc known and start taking control, not needing any validation from people who don't give a f about them. Until then, most are to ME cowards.

You said I might be hanging out with the wrong ones but perhaps I just happen to see it MORE CLEARLY, growing up with 2 different cultures, seeing the difference between German and Nigerian ladies.

Midehi2
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Afrobasic(m): 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
PeacenLove2:

This is a perfect example why in a thousand years, some societies will remain trapped in the Stone Age. Good on ya! Enjoy this perfect arrangement that needs not progress.

If God made men like you Abraham Lincoln, I bet the blacks would have been left to rot in the Deep South. Folks like you could have ended up in one of those cargo ships below deck. Macho man!

These Feminists must just be greedy to denounce discrimination against them. The men who support them are the stupid men for wanting justice and fairness to thrive in an unbalanced society. You're sharp.

The same reason why you feel this is okay is how that politician feels it's perfectly fine to rob you blind. Why shouldn't he when he has the power to do it and get away it? If God didn't stop him from doing that, then it's because it's what God wants. No be so? I hope people can slow down and educate themselves, rid their minds of bias and prejudice that hasn't gotten society anywhere. Everything doesn't have to be competition. Respect, Live and let live. Stop looking for people to dominate. Look for ways people with differences can get the best out of life. Life is too short for nonsense. Grow up while you can.

Your perspective. You hold yours, I hold mine.

Feminism is still cancer nevetheless. Ciao.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Afrobasic(m): 2:31pm On Sep 15, 2017
Oysdam:
All these, as untrue as some, does not invalidate it. Majorly, the 'masculine' men cause the need for feminism.

Nothing stated above is untrue.

There's no need for the cancer that is modern day feminism.

Good thing it's dying across the world.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by midehi2(f): 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2017
lovelygurl:

To be honest, I really forgot about this thread.

But anyway like I said I have my reasons for saying that because I am Nigerian doesn't mean I'm blind to what is happening, not to the good and not to bad. Of course I haven't even met 1/8 of Nigerian women, it's even possible that I have met more foreign women than Nigerian women, this however doesn't change my opinion.

Because you are a feminist, doesn't mean you are not a coward.
Tell me, how many women in Nigeria even know the true definition of feminism? How many women in Nigeria really are capable of saying what's on their mind? How many women do not need a validation from Mr Society, (which I don't know, most do not realize involves them? )

When it comes to age, marriage which includes even the abusive one? Or ignore marriage advices which usually go by "How to keep your husband/ 10 reasons why your husbands no longer find you attractive etc". Do I even to explain the irony in this?

We are going to pretend that women in Nigeria can't be EASILY shut up just by saying "Your pussy smells/ it's wide" or just by bringing up the word "sex". Something as NORMAL as sex, can't really be spoken of because then you are termed a LovePeddler.

I am supposed to pretend that many women tend to stop climbing up the career ladder because it is time to get married, I'm clocking 25 this year and oh I might scare the man away if I'm too successful. Besides the man HAS to be richer I'd rather not be rich myself. He HAS to feel like the man of the house etc

There's a reason why feminism is needed in Nigeria. There's a reason why there aren't many Adichies because most women in Nigeria NEED a validation from their society and their society is a misogynistic society.

You are feminist but would you speak out loud when topics about the need of feminism are being discussed. I'm not talking about the internet and honestly I do not care, about your answer. Hell "feminist" is even an INSULT according to some.

Until women start letting their thoughts, pain, etc and start taking control, not needing any validation from people who don't give a f about them. Until then, most are to ME cowards.

You said I might be hanging out with the wrong ones but perhaps I just happen to see it MORE CLEARLY, growing up with 2 different cultures, seeing the difference between German and Nigerian ladies.

Midehi2
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by safarigirl(f): 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2017
Kayceenaz:

I beg to differ. What about Prof. Dora Akunyili, Dr. Ngozi Okonji Iweala, and Mrs Oby Ezekwesili? This implies that any lady can be like and surpass Adichie if they choose to. A significant part of the problem is the indecisiveness of most ladies in this clime. Having men drool over them is just enough for them.
Oby Ezekwesili that is constantly insulted by Nigerians? NOI had the abroad experience before coming back here, she's not much different from Adichie.

Dora fulfilled the Nigerian expectation.

Now, imagine a woman preaching feminism in Nigeria of any sorts, they will roast you without blinking.

Even Adichie was getting roasted before. The only reason they started liking her is because the Western world endorsed her, Nigerians like to feel among, so, once the West endorses you, they'll fall in line.

There are many Adichies in Nigeria walking around without endorsements and getting slammed on the net daily

2 Likes

Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Apina(m): 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2017
Kayceenaz:

I take exception to your view. The foundation of my contention is a sheer desire to see ladies embrace a perspective of purposefulness, difference-making and discard life-patterns that stiffle the maximization of their potentials. It is not necessarily feministic, because the same orientation is applicable to and can be shared by men. The article's basis is humanism. More so, I made that statement to clearly define the scope of my article and avoid getting entangled in the feminism debate.
A writer who isn't open to criticism and instead of asking why, comes up with a defense is either lethargic to learning or has no desire to improve. undecided
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Kayceenaz(m): 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2017
Apina:

A writer who isn't open to criticism and instead of asking why, comes up with a defense is either lethargic to learning or has no desire to improve. undecided
Point of correction, I'm open to criticism but constructive ones. You pointed out a supposed flaw in my article which may have stemmed from misunderstanding or a hasty conclusion. I attempted to clarify my position and give cogent reasons for making the statement you criticized, and yet you baselessly accuse me of being "lethargic to learning." Who is really the culprit here? Be the judge.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
When a gal has magaa and mugus ,why should she care?..when she can get the best car,cloths latest phones and gadgets,mighty houses by just opening her legs.. Why should she care?..until.women stop seeing sex as a bargaining chip to power,affluence and wealth
..the story won't change....

My dear. That has been the story of life from time without beginning.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2017
jobaltol:
... society influences what the female gender counts as being important

This applies to men also, don't you think?
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2017
HomeTutor1:
I wish to be one. Unfortunately, we woke up to find ourselves in a nation that has no regard for the opinions of the female gender

They have no regards because females ALLOW them to. It's up to you what to accept, which results to how you are being treated.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 15, 2017
Kayceenaz:
So become a lady or woman that her worth transcends ... ring on the finger.

Marriage has been and will always be an achievement worth celebrating as much as intellect. Without marriage we'd all be gone in a short time. "Leaving father and mother" is part of human nature as much as intellect. There is no point celebrating one and thrashing the other. If we all became unmarried intellectuals we'd all be gone in a short time.

The concerted effort to bastardize marriage that we see today should give you a pause. I guess you come from a married home where dad and mom had your back. Isn't that an achievement worth celebrating?
Team-work is all the vibe in the workplace today. But guess what. You think you've mastered the art of team-work? Get married and see (I am not in anyway suggesting "everyone" should get married).
Would a woman be any less a woman if she is not an intellectual? I would answer no. Commonsense is enough. Anyone can write a book. We can talk about quality another day (just following you)

The rate of failure of marriages today should tell you that it is not easy to stay married. So when a man and a lady stays married, that is part of their worth.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 15, 2017
Bullcrap..... Typical long trash objectifying the womenfolks embarassed
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by gsalvatore: 12:52am On Sep 16, 2017
Most Nigerian women/girls are unfit to even grasp what you wrote ..

BTW, Do you know the two greatest enemy to The brand of femminism you are advocating?

Answer1: Women.

They tear their fellow women down.

Answer 2: Illiteracy/brain drain (not knowing what to proritize like you stated)
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by gsalvatore: 12:58am On Sep 16, 2017
lovelygurl:

They have no regards because females ALLOW them too. It's up to you what to accept, which results to how you are being treated.
Funny....I guess you are staying abroad.

Nigeria especially up North is a serious different ball game...trust me you wont even whisper this your comment to a human ears.

Folks have found paradise in being treated like sh1t.
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by sekem: 7:29pm On Sep 16, 2017
PeacenLove2:

Everyone has a price! I'm glad even you can admit that. But what sort of degenerate offers another degenerate money for sex? It always takes two to tango.

Believe it or not, those "degenerates" are strictly doing bizness

By the way, what do you understand by money?

Is money no longer actually a means of exchange for a perceived value?

So yes, just like in any market where the market forces of demand & supply are at play, it normally & usually takes two to tango!
Re: Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies by Kayceenaz(m): 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2017
safarigirl:
Oby Ezekwesili that is constantly insulted by Nigerians? NOI had the abroad experience before coming back here, she's not much different from Adichie.

Dora fulfilled the Nigerian expectation.

Now, imagine a woman preaching feminism in Nigeria of any sorts, they will roast you without blinking.

Even Adichie was getting roasted before. The only reason they started liking her is because the Western world endorsed her, Nigerians like to feel among, so, once the West endorses you, they'll fall in line.

There are many Adichies in Nigeria walking around without endorsements and getting slammed on the net daily
With the barrage of supposed "slammings," has Oby Ezekwesili given up or withdrawn to passivity? She has instead persisted by advancing a cause, through the Bring Back Our Girls group, that would make a difference in the lives of others.

So, in your view, Dora Akunyili fulfilled the "Nigerian expectation" by positively deviating from the status-quo of partially condoning fake drugs and toxic food substances, which stood her out and almost cost her life while in office as NAFDAC DG? Think again. She still made a difference even in an unfriendly environment.

Okonjo Iweala, despite her academic sojourn abroad, has spent most of her life in Nigeria. Her uniqueness is underlined by the fact that not necessarily all Nigerian women who grew or schooled up abroad end up making a tangible difference. NOI's courage to contribute to development of society through her expertise in Economics, merits mentioning and emulation.

Quit saying it is impossible, because it is actually not. Realities testify that your conclusion is a hasty generalization. Regardless of what society thinks, the determined Nigerian woman can stand out from the crowd by sheer resolve and persistence to make a difference. That resolve is lacking mainly due to misplaced prioritization, and my article attempts to close that gap by creating awareness among the women folk and inspire them to rise and shine. We, the average right-thinking Nigerians, are eager to see them do so.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will you be my Friend ????[Nairaland home of friends] / My Husband Beats Me As If We Are In Boxing Competition - Woman Tells Lagos Court / Men Who Suffer In Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.