Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

OLU (diary Of A Broke Playboy)- Episode 5 (frying Pan To Fire) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / OLU (diary Of A Broke Playboy)- Episode 5 (frying Pan To Fire) (1720 Views)

Life Of A Broke Yahoo Guy (Fictional ) / Diary Of A Broke Playboy 2.0 / OLU (diary Of A Broke Playboy) -episode 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OLU (diary Of A Broke Playboy)- Episode 5 (frying Pan To Fire) by olumide54(m): 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2017
Police: Please, raise your hands and come closer slowly
(Olu held Bayo til thel health workers took the corpse from him)
(Abraham surrendered to the Police and theyheld Olu up to handcuff him)
(Tolu to himself): Ha!, and I was sleeping o, why did I come back. If I know I should not just wake up
(They were handcuffed at the back of a police vehicle, while the policemen were taking pictures and performing some forensic analysis)
A drunkard staggering towards the scene…
Drunkard: Na so dem dey kill us ooo, the man dey enjoy him life, na by force to accept ni? Officer give me N200 make I top up this one now?
Policewoman: Officer Sule, please go and give this man 7up over there.
Drunkard: Ese madam. God bless you. Oya sule let’s go
(Policewoman walks towards the car)
Policewoman: Who is this one sleeping? Will you wake him up?
(Abraham tapped Tolu)
Tolu: Are we on our way home?
(Olu gave him that disgusting look)
(Policewoman pointing to Olu, bring him out)
Policewoman: My name is Dolapo Awodele, a detective in the Force, please show me your hands
(Using some tools, she scrubbed his palm)
Policewoman: Let us move. Mr Olu, you’re going with some of our officers to search your apartment now.
Olu: What are you insinuating?
Dolapo: Nothing, not until we get to the bottom of this. Officer, and from there you head back to the headquarters.
(They parted ways)
(Olu’s Compound)
(Siren blaring with Olu at the backseat)
(All the neighbours were outside)
Landlord: Good evening officers

Policeman: Good evening Sir, we are here to search Mr Olu Lanre’s apartment, this is our search warrant.
Landlord: You can go ahead officers
(Some police officers entered using the keys they’ve collected earlier from Olu)
Sola: Oh my goodness, what must have happened? Is olu a criminal? Or a murderer? Were they planning to rob somewhere the other time some men came over? Was he trying to lure me and kill me? Thank God ooo
(Police officers returned to the car with some items from his belongings).
POLICE HEADQUARTERS
(Officer Dolapo addressing Olu, Tolu, Abraham and some other officers)
Dolapo: Due to the sensitivity of this case, you will be unavoidably detained till tomorrow morning. We received a call from the Pastor in charge of your church, he acknowledge that you’re on an evangelism programme and the M.D of Wale Hotels & Suites said you all come often too.(Tolu, Olu and Abraham stared at one another). Mr Olu Lanre, you will remain here for further investigation on this matter.
Olu: What do you mean officer? Bayo is my best friend, I have nothing to do with what happened.
Dolapo: You’re found in possession of hard drugs if when taken in excess and lead to incapacitation, brain damage and eventually death. We also found sleeping pills in your apartment, from our records; you don’t have any health challenges that require the drug.

Dolapo: Mr Olu, you’re the last person on his call log, on his body, we found traces of drugs we found in your apartment, you’re the only one planning to meet Mr Bayo and you decided to meet him after telling him you’re postponing the meeting till night. Mr Olu, you have access to Mr Bayo’s belongings especially his Range Rover which you used this morning. Is it out of envy?
(Olu placed his hands on his head)
Olu: Oh Lord! Excuse me, what is this wrong allegation for? I want my lawyer
Dolapo: Yes, you’re definitely entitled to one, but that will be tomorrow morning. Please follow officer Wole. But you can save us the stress by confessing
(Phone Conversation)
Dolapo: Hello dear
Man: How are you?
Dolapo: Am fine dear, we have a case at hand and I won’t be coming home tonight, I’ll get something to eat. I should be free before evening.
Man: Ok. Take care dear. Be safe
(Phone call ends)
MONDAY MORNING
(Williams Smith College)
(Principal addressing the teachers after the assembly)
Principal: Good morning teachers
Teachers: Good morning ma
Principal: Please first and foremost, where is Mr Olu Lanre? Has anyone been able to contact him?
Teacher: He’s not in school and his cell phone is switched off.
(Phone ringing)
(Phone conversation)
Dolapo: This is Detective Dolapo from Surulere Police Command
Principal: This is Mrs Damilola Afolabi, the proprietress and legal adviser for Willaims Smith College

Dolapo: One of your staff, Mr Olu Lanre to be precise has been detained over some issues over the weekend. This is to notify you that he won’t be around until we are able to resolve it.
Principal: Ok ma. I’ll get back to you ma.
(Call ends)
Principal: Have just been informed that Mr Olu Lanre, our acting Chaplin was involved in a mess over the weekend. Mr Joshua Bassey, please you will take over chaplaincy with immediate effect. Thank you teachers for your cooperation, have a wonderful time.
(INVESTIGATION ROOM, POLICE HEADQUARTERS)
Officer Dolapo in the room with Abraham, Tolu, Olu, a lawyer and some officers)
Dolapo: The autopsy report reveals that Mr Bayo died from a long-time kidney infection coupled with gonorrhoea.
Tolu: praise the Lord, (looks round). I mean praise the Lord, we are not the one.
Dolapo: This may be as result of unhealthy lifestyle and lack or late treatment. I believe this has dismissed the case. But Mr Olu, you’ll be required to report here everyday to answer the drug related case.
Abraham: Thank you ma for doing your work with all honesty.
(Abraham tapped Tolu)
Abraham: Just now, you’re already snoring, let’s go home
Dolapo: Be law abiding gentlemen, maybe one day you’ll be police officers too
Tolu: (Song: Laiye laiye e baby kojor..)
(They stepped out, waiting for Olu to join them at the car park)
Dolapo: Son, this is sad, I must say; please whatever it takes, abstain from drugs, such will ruin you.

This case will eventually result in at least 3 months community service, huge fine and compulsory rehabilitation programme.
Olu: Thank you so much ma; I’ll definitely yield to your advice
Dolapo: please do
(Phone ringing)
(Phone conversation)
Dolapo: hello dear
Man: Surprise, am on my way to your office, I brought lunch for you myself
Dolapo: Oooh! You’re so sweet my dear. Am on my way
(Call ends)
Dolapo: That was my husband
Olu: Awwwww, that’s lovely ma. Thank you ma
(Olu on his way to the door that leads to car park)
Olu: You ‘re looking good Officer, my name is Dr. Olu Lanre, can I meet you?
Policewoman: ooh, thank you. Am Officer Lolade Amodu, I need to go, don’t forget; the police is your friend
Olu: this is my complimentary card, please call me later.
Lolade: Ok bye
(Olu to himself): E no bad make I use police officer rest this night from police wahala. My guy sunre o. Five rounds for you.
(Olu opened the door to meet Gen. Leye face to face with a food flask)
…to be continued
Do you like this series? When do you want to read the next episode?

1 Like

Re: OLU (diary Of A Broke Playboy)- Episode 5 (frying Pan To Fire) by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:21pm On Sep 11, 2017
WRITERSPAY.COM
The gift of writing stories that attracts and make readers remain committed is quite rare so if you have the gift, DO NOT WASTE IT by simply writing for readers while you gain nothing but praise and compliment as feedback.
Writerspay.com gives authors the opportunity to write submit their stories ND get paid authors' royalty on every reader that clicks on every chapter of this story...
Now this is where it gets interesting. Your accumulated royalty can either be used to purchase books in the site's fully stocked bookstore or simply cashed out and paid into your account.
Writerspay.com just made the act of story telling and writing more fun and profitable.
Please note that they strongly frown on plagiarism so you might get blocked or your earnings removed if you story is believed to be copied.

(1) (Reply)

Shadows Of Redemption / The Curse / Friday The 13th – Blood In The Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.