Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will (7058 Views)

Google Fires 28 Employees For Protesting Israel-cloud Deal (pictures) / Your employees don’t hate their jobs, they don’t just like you / Demolition: Fresh FM Staff Weeps "How Will I Take Care Of My Family Now?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 11, 2017
When a new employee starts, we as managers already have their loyalty for hiring them, for giving them a chance. New starters come with enthusiasm, energy and readiness to move mountains.

That loyalty and enthusiasm can fizzle out quickly.

We lose loyalty if we do not understand what it is

Loyalty is “about showing up, being on time, being reliable, doing what you say you’re going to do, being trustworthy, putting in a fair day’s work, respecting the work, respecting the customer, respecting the organization, respecting co-workers, not wasting time, not making work hard for other people, not creating unnecessary work for other people, not being a bottleneck, not faking work.” Jason Fried, CEO of Basecamp

It is about telling us what we need to hear, not what we want to hear.

They disagree privately.

They support our decisions publicly.

We lose loyalty if we ask employees for something that they do NOT owe us:

their health, their integrity, their sanity, their peace of mind, and their family: like asking them skip recitals and teachers conferences.

We lose loyalty if we hold them back from advancement

We lose loyalty if we run for cover when they need us most

We lose loyalty if we promote wrong people

We lose loyalty if we do not let them pursue their passion

We lose loyalty if we do not find time to help them despite our own problems

Strong people stand up for themselves.

Strong leaders stand up for others.

Do you agree ?

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/take-care-of-your-employees-or-your-competitors-will-brigette-hyacinth/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by lalanice(f): 2:10pm On Sep 11, 2017
wish i can post this on every board and building in Edo state, especially Benin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by holysainbj(m): 7:16am On Sep 12, 2017
Ogbeni this is Nigeria o
Employees will even find 'something' for Oga from time to time to avoid sack... so please mbok I dare to say Nigeria is still far from this your post. Karpish?

2 Likes

Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by BornnAgainChild(f): 7:17am On Sep 12, 2017
Ok...we have heard and will change
Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by smartty68(m): 7:17am On Sep 12, 2017
Story! Who does that in Nigeria undecided

3 Likes

Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by clems88(m): 7:20am On Sep 12, 2017
My company needs to see this. grin such a greedy management that careless about their staffs

3 Likes

Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 12, 2017
90% of nigerian businesses dont see it that way. Dey feel dey are doin u a favour. Bt d day u drop letter to move on. U suddenly become a vip nd they promise u heaven and earth. But den u knw its all wash grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by F22RAPTOR(m): 7:21am On Sep 12, 2017
nice one, noted. Emotional intelligence is an important skill when building a great company.

1 Like

Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by drizzit(m): 7:22am On Sep 12, 2017
This message basically speaks to 99% of businesses in Nigeria. It connects with so many of us on levels which have one way or the other experienced. We move from one company to the other hoping that the next will treat us right but alas...they are one and the same.... So we endure and grumble in silence....

3 Likes

Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by hadura29(m): 7:22am On Sep 12, 2017
I pray oooo... modern slavery is what we have In this country..

1 Like

Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by felixxy(m): 7:22am On Sep 12, 2017
nice post there. that is one of the things most employers dont know.
Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by DanielsParker(m): 7:23am On Sep 12, 2017
access bank should see this..
Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by abdeiz(m): 7:26am On Sep 12, 2017
Because you were told that employers in Nigeria care about such frivolity?
Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by HottestFire: 7:30am On Sep 12, 2017
abdeiz:
Because you were told that employers in Nigeria care about such frivolity?

Companies that have transformed into household name does.

The more reason you see employees jostling to be part of a particular company.

1 Like

Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by xana101: 7:31am On Sep 12, 2017
Tell that to Uber. Uber don't care about their drivers which are d engine room of the business now drivers on uber don't respect their riders. If a rider talk to u anyhow on uber, u talk back times two but on Taxify u respect their riders cos Taxify treat their drivers well.

2 Likes

Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by Klins2000(m): 7:36am On Sep 12, 2017
This post reminds me of a course on Knowledge and Innovations Management for Competitive Advantage in Organizations. Unfortunately, organisations in Nigeria do not know how to take care of employees to bring out the best in them.

2 Likes

Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by bimpeecrown(f): 7:36am On Sep 12, 2017
An employee you treated well, we go a long way to satisfy the client you want to please, and vice versa...

1 Like

Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 12, 2017
The problem is that few businesses are in an open market competition in corporate Nigeria

Many businesses thrive on Abuja connection or "man know man" and it makes no business sense to care for their staffs. Smart staffs are those who spend their time learning the tricks of the trade, move ahead to bigger companies or extend your earning capacities by working with a rivals and sharing trade secrets you know. In fact, register your own business if possible and start your own while you are still working

When you observe your company starts placing less value on you, you should start placing less value on your conflict of interest obligation to them

5 Likes

Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by abdeiz(m): 7:40am On Sep 12, 2017
HottestFire:

Companies that have transformed into household name does.

The more reason you see employees jostling to be part of a particular company.

Of course there are always exceptions, but cmon you can't deny that the majority of companies where job seekers have a more realistic chance of getting employed have an apathetic attitude towards employees.
Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by eezeribe(m): 7:52am On Sep 12, 2017
I will only take care of employees who think of adding value to the company as their main reason for being in the company,not the ones who are only obsessed with receiving salaries which are not commensurate with their input...

1 Like

Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 12, 2017
Good one OP.
One Origin Zero for you
Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by Virtualaccounts: 8:35am On Sep 12, 2017
Take care of your business financial records, or your competitors will. tongue

Are you setting up a new business, in the process of incorporation or commenced operations already for any kind of small/medium sized business.

A team of smart VirtualAccountants offers bookkeeping, accounting, tax compliance and other advisory services to kick start your new business. We are keen on ensuring that a good business foundation is laid from the outset.

We can help you with the business registration & other statutory registration, set up of accounting and internal control system, payroll, business process advisory and employee contract management. ETC!

[b] Please reach us on 08029753761, 08086108687 to start an engagement. www.VirtualAccountant.ng [b]

1 Share

Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by FunmyKemmy(f): 8:48am On Sep 12, 2017
Well said.
Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by dbynonetwork: 9:01am On Sep 12, 2017
Sniper12:
90% of nigerian businesses dont see it that way. Dey feel dey are doin u a favour. grin

I concur with u..

At my place of work the GM would always threaten us with the number of people begging outside the gate to grab our jobs.
Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by wildchild02: 9:01am On Sep 12, 2017
tru talk..just like MTN grin

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by sunbbo(m): 9:27am On Sep 12, 2017
This is good

Appy for Ikeja Electric Plc Customer Service Representative Job Recruitment

Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electric Plc, Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria. Ikeja Electric Plc Customer Service Representative Job Recruitment as follows:

Job Title: Customer Service Representative

Role Purpose

Responsible for receiving e-mails, walk-in complaints from various sources such as consumers, the CEO- IE, Consumer Protection Council (CPC), NERC, Independence Corrupt Practices (ICPC), IKEJA forum of NERC,Employee etc.

Click here to apply online: http://www.ngjobseekers.com/2017/09/11/ikeja-electric-plc-customer-service-representative-job-recruitment/
Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by 4evaYung(m): 9:42am On Sep 12, 2017
BornnAgainChild:
Ok...we have heard and will change

I tot you yrsef dey look for job ni?
Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by HottestFire: 10:14am On Sep 12, 2017
abdeiz:

Of course there are always exceptions, but cmon you can't deny that the majority of companies where job seekers have a more realistic chance of getting employed have an apathetic attitude towards employees.

Funny as the reality stares us in the face, those companies have only managed to exist, they rarely get listed and hardly known beyond their local environment.

Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by lonelydora: 10:21am On Sep 12, 2017
I need to send this to my boss and HR managers.
Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by silasweb(m): 11:19am On Sep 12, 2017
Good advice
Re: Take Care Of Your Employees, Or Your Competitors Will by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 12, 2017
I CONCUR.

a wise man once said
"take care of your employees and they will take care of your business"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Way Forward For Nigerias Technology Sector : Hnd Or Bsc / Befitting Architectural Designs / Professional Accountants, Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.