Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,391 members, 7,808,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Good Men Are All Around Us - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Good Men Are All Around Us (3259 Views)

Among These Good Men Who Should She Marry? / Re: Are All The Good Men Taken? / Are African Men Good men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Men Are All Around Us by Maneater1(f): 10:11am On Feb 15, 2007
Words Written By An Observant Woman

Good men are indeed all around us.

We pass them on the streets, in the malls and the halls at work. Most we can't see because we don't know what a good man really looks like.

He usually isn't flashy enough or rich enough to turn our heads. He might not wear a suit or push a BMW. He might not have a "body like Vin Diesel with a Brad Pitt face". But, as you mature, you realize it's better to find someone who's got your back than someone who turns your head.

A good man doesn't agree whole heartedly with everything you say. He doesn't just tell you what you want to hear and do the opposite. He doesn't declare how sensitive, sweet, caring, sincere, yada yada he is (he wont have to because it shows). He has his own opinions and you may clash, but he doesn't have to degrade you to prove he's right. He even admits at times to being wrong, especially if you are willing to do the same.

A good man is not going to meet every item on your checklist. He is human with frailties and faults mixed in with all of his wonderful, strong attributes. He needs your love and respect. He needs to feel that you don't live to "catch" him doing something wrong so you can declare, "Aha! I knew you were a dog!!"

A good man doesn't necessarily give you a huge birthday or Valentine's gift. He shows his love in the ways that are comfortable to him. Don't judge him by TV standards (, Bold and the Beautiful, ). No one lives that fairy tale for real. You'll miss out on your own fairy tale by buying into the myth that our men are no good. It's just not true.

Men, we salute you, and thank you for who you are and all you've done.

kiss
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by eniola1310(f): 10:25am On Feb 15, 2007
i cant blive my eyes shocked
this coming from a man eater!!!
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by magneto(m): 11:05am On Feb 15, 2007
@ man-eater

u just made me smile kiss
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by yankidelta(m): 11:41am On Feb 15, 2007
am really amazed a woman can appreciate us this much, thanks girl!! smiley smiley
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by yankidelta(m): 11:47am On Feb 15, 2007
[quote][/quote] wink smiley
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by eniola1310(f): 11:54am On Feb 15, 2007
magneto:

@ man-eater

u just made me smile kiss

Cant u see it's a bait ? she's a man eater
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by zodiac(f): 12:18pm On Feb 15, 2007
this is really wonderful. its sooooooooooo touching.
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by nikynike(f): 12:34pm On Feb 15, 2007
Man-eater thanks for talking about my man. He possess all the qualities u just mentioned above.l don't know how to boldly say all these but u assissted me.U are cute grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by hola2ng(m): 12:40pm On Feb 15, 2007
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by Badman888(m): 1:01pm On Feb 15, 2007
really nice, at least something different from always complaining about men being this and being that,
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by muyibaba(m): 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2007
A very good man can be contacted 08076372276 or muyibaba@hotmail.com
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by zillonnair(m): 1:25pm On Feb 15, 2007
lol
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by zillonnair(m): 1:32pm On Feb 15, 2007
I sincerely hope and wish you wrote and read the texts with undastanding and not with dexterity of impression.  

Its vital you lecture our young generations these things, its a "missing ingredients", and even many men are fallen short (rather than be themselves, they have rendered themselves inexcusably pathetic , flaunting feminine characteristics instead of accepting their masculinity).  Its a shame
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by Douzy(m): 1:38pm On Feb 15, 2007
muyibaba:

A very good man can be contacted 08076372276 or muyibaba@hotmail.com

That rather detracts much from the import of this thread. It wasn't meant to be a Personals Thread for "good" men. We were just supposed to come in here, read Man-eater's words and feel good that some good WOman (or WOmen) really appreciates (some of) us and does not have any complex nor inhibitions proclaiming it.

We love your kind, Man-eater (your human frailties notwithstanding), if these mirror your own perspective too!
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by 1one: 1:52pm On Feb 15, 2007
Wow i can't believe this is actually coming from a lady shocked, as in, a lady!, a girl, hey i dont know but maybe i woke up this morning with a little ache in my head and i might have lost the definitions for some things, are ladies still those people who normally wear skirts and have this high affinity for a man's pocket, just checking. it's so weird i'm almost thinking she was a guy in her former life, any how sha, it's all good, its so elating to know that there still some girls who belong to this school of thought.
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by bamdil(m): 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2007
ULALA cheesy So we still have people that do appreciate we men in the world. Man-eater seriously describe the type of person I am in her post. Well, my advice for remaining guys out there is to emulate me and be like me. grin
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by manntee(m): 3:10pm On Feb 15, 2007
@man-eater
i hope this post represents your veiws cos i must confess when i first read through, i quickly scrolled through other replies for one where you say "just kidding". i am new to this site but 85% of the time it is usually batter the man down that i read about, how we are devils ane not to be trusted. even if this your post is for just your guy, i salute you. women rarely ever celebrate their guy or show appreciation like this, they would rather talk when they have the weakness to highlight .
once again thanks.

its nice to know we are appreciated after all.
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by LoverBwoy(m): 4:08pm On Feb 15, 2007
hmm refreshing ain't it wink
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by LondonCool(m): 4:16pm On Feb 15, 2007
My ex-Jamaican girl-friend used to say "All the Good men are either MARRIED,in PRISON or GAY".
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 15, 2007
Thumbs up man-eater. May you never lack for a good man to call your own.
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by senetee(m): 5:05pm On Feb 15, 2007
Wow, Man-Eater, those words are so beautiful and true. I wonder what gave you the inspiration to post such. In any case, it has definitely been appreciated by many.
Hmmn, , i just wonder again how many ladies actually share your views about who really a good man is? Merci
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by mrmetoo(m): 6:00pm On Feb 15, 2007
@maneater
Tell them jare
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by degubi(m): 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2007
thank u for such words of truth
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by Busta(f): 7:09pm On Feb 15, 2007
@topic,
where the hell are they?
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by Douzy(m): 7:24pm On Feb 15, 2007
Bring ya eyez a bit downwards, and if mayhaps you're on a high horse, alight and you gon see 'em. . . cool
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by Busta(f): 7:56pm On Feb 15, 2007
@Douzy

thats some eyez u got right thurrr!
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by OmoEko1(f): 8:09pm On Feb 15, 2007
I i still believe their are good men all around us
even my baby happens to be one of the good ones, that why am never going let go of him cheesy cheesy cheesy.
but most of the time, the Good men are scare to find.
they are either gay or married grin grin, dead or in prison chocking on someone else privates. cheesy cheesy cheesy
but my statistics showed that 85% of men are not good cheesy
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by Douzy(m): 8:28pm On Feb 15, 2007
Busta:

@Douzy

thats some eyez u got right thurrr!

. . . and u can say dat again right thurrr!
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by gidig(m): 8:34pm On Feb 15, 2007
it is wonderful to know that there are real women out there who have come to appreciate men the way the post suggests.
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by Busta(f): 8:52pm On Feb 15, 2007
Douzy:

. . . and u can say that again right thurrr!
DON'T TRIP
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by Douzy(m): 8:54pm On Feb 15, 2007
I only trip for novelties!
Re: Good Men Are All Around Us by segedoo(m): 9:07pm On Feb 15, 2007
@busta
nawa o.
WYWTSIWYS - what you want to see is what you see

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Men Asked For This? / Can A Smoker Marry A Nonsmoker And Live Happily Ever After? / Serrious Topic...ladies, Please Advise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.