Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Nigeria Passport Substitute - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Passport Substitute (1395 Views)

List Of Countries Nigeria Passport Holders Can Travel Visa Free / Can Any Tell Me Which Country Nigeria Passport Holder Can Go Without Visa / Nigeria Passport Offices ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Passport Substitute by mycutiepie(f): 1:42am On Feb 27, 2010
Ok, I want to book an appointment for a friend in Nigeria but his passport will expire in June and according to the US website, you must have 6 months to expiration on your passport. He has applied for a new one but the timing might not work with my visit duration.

My question is, can I go ahead and book an appointment for him with the old information/passport number. Every other info on the old and new will be the same and bring both passports along to the embassy. Or wait for the new one to come out?

Just want to know if this is acceptable since the 2 passports will consist of same info except passport number. Thanks for your input.
Re: Nigeria Passport Substitute by Pittbaby(f): 5:22am On Feb 27, 2010
dont know how long it takes to get a new passport in naija, buts its best he/she gets a new passport . No need to complicate things when they can be very easy. Had an indian friend in the states go through the same problem . he called the US consulate in his country and they advised that he booked the appointment with the passport in which the visa will be stamped. Dude had to expedite a new passport before scheduling his visa interview in Pune
Re: Nigeria Passport Substitute by mycutiepie(f): 6:25pm On Feb 27, 2010
Thank you my friend. It's just that am afraid I might run out of time for the appointment. Gotta be back to my base by April 6th and he was told the new passport will be ready March 15th. And the way the visa appt are being booked by crooks and sold to people make it worst to get appt after the 15th ot the following week.

But I really appreciate your input. Thank you. Have a splendid weekend.
Re: Nigeria Passport Substitute by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 27, 2010
he should have extended his old passport, I think.

That's usually done the same day
Re: Nigeria Passport Substitute by johnkent(m): 7:23pm On Feb 27, 2010
u can use the unexpired passport for the VISA and even if the passport becomes expired in June, the VISA will still be valid as long as u also have a valid unexpired passport along with the expired passport that has the visa when entering the land of the free and home of the brave. Been there, done that.
Re: Nigeria Passport Substitute by ziga: 6:01pm On Feb 28, 2010
johnkent:

u can use the unexpired passport for the VISA and even if the passport becomes expired in June, the VISA will still be valid as long as u also have a valid unexpired passport along with the expired passport that has the visa when entering the land of the free and home of the brave. Been there, done that.

They will not issue a new visa on a passport with less than 6 months to date of expiry.

That is the rule with almost every country i heard of.

So, if you don't want to give them a reason for rejecting your visa application, postpone your visa interview until after you have a passport that won't expire in 6 months.
Re: Nigeria Passport Substitute by gongoaso1: 3:34am On Mar 01, 2010
ziga:

They will not issue a new visa on a passport with less than 6 months to date of expiry.

simple and straight forward.
its expressly stated on their website.

if the individual goes on and applies, provided the new passport will be ready by the interview time, fine
(not sure though if the old and new passports will bear same nos).

if the passport nos wont be same, its not worth it, and you risk an automatic denial.

(1) (Reply)

.... / How Can A Person overstay / Travelling To Canada For Xmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.