Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,702 members, 7,802,090 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

I Want To Start An Ibo Restaurant In London And I Need Your Advice - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Start An Ibo Restaurant In London And I Need Your Advice (2473 Views)

Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? / I Run My Business In London And Want To Start A Business In Nigeria / Why I Quit My High Flying Finance Job In London And Moved Back To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start An Ibo Restaurant In London And I Need Your Advice by Sochikamma: 1:48am On Feb 27, 2010
I have to a large extent researched the Nigerian restaurants in London and find most do not cook and sell Ibo food like traditional bitter leaf soup, Oha soup, Nsala e.t.c.
Please can anyone tell me their experience, what I need to know is did I do my research well, can this business flourish and where will be the best location. I was thinking of either the SE area, Hackney or Barking.

I want to run mine between 12noon and 6.00pm, and no alcohol will be sold. Does anyone know how much it will take to set this up and the best business strategy. I will be very grateful for your advice.

Many thanks.
Re: I Want To Start An Ibo Restaurant In London And I Need Your Advice by y2kaustin(m): 11:47am On Mar 01, 2010
Hi,
Going into that is worthwhile,you are indeed on the right track.I will suggest SE london,also incase you will want to have the processed afore mentioned edibles leaves the bitter leaves,oha Etc.sent to you,i can handle the leaves because i do send it to US as well for a friend of mine who has a restaurant in there.
I can effectively handle whatever stuff you need from here ranging from spices,cray fish,edible leaves,ETC.you will like me to come in in that regards kindly get in touch at y2kaustin@gmail.com or 07028053231,hoping to hear from you soon,till then have a nice day.
Re: I Want To Start An Ibo Restaurant In London And I Need Your Advice by johnsho: 3:52pm On Mar 01, 2010
All you need first is a written business plan to know how the business would fare , how at the long ro give the business a
professional touch so as to make profit.
You need know the buiness forcast of the how profit would be maximise in your business .
To write a well documented business plan for your business please call 08067554041
Re: I Want To Start An Ibo Restaurant In London And I Need Your Advice by asscend: 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2010
You will be Limiting yourself by calling it an Igbo restaurant.

Why not add the dishes you mentioned alongside other Nigerian dishes, that way you cater for the tastes of everyone.

Don't Limit yourself by the location, you can have your joint in Grovsnor square and still be in business.

The Nigerian restaurant in Clapton (East London) closed down b/c of low patronage; so be warned

If Chinese shops limited themselves to china town only, they will not have attained the Number 1 position they occupy in the UK; thus outselling Idian cusine.

Make your food joint appealing to all races and cultures and not the trend seen with many Nigerian resturants in the UK where the food is great but the presentation will never appeal to anyone apart from Naija people.

This way you sell more and increase the influence of Naija food all over the UK. Remember we are rebranding.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start An Ibo Restaurant In London And I Need Your Advice by efeglo(f): 3:53pm On Mar 05, 2010
I know someoen who can really advise you much on this, she is based in London. Infact that business is very very good because alot of our people and white people like our food very much. The person am talking to you about is a white lady who for ones ask me to sent her some Nigeria recipe. They love our food. So you will make it big. Also pray about it, it is a good business. Also connect me please, concerning cooking the food as ibo woman.
glopeters@gmail.com
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Convert Paypal To Naira / How Much Does A 20ft Container Cost? / Cost Of Hiring Nigerian Article Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.