Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) (21344 Views)

The 1936 Bugatti Type 57sc: Is This The Most Beautiful Car In The World? / Range Rover Sport's New P400e Plug-in Hybrid Sets World's Record / Obi Okeke Buys Arnold Schwarzenegger's Bugatti For $2.5m (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:42pm On Sep 12, 2017
The new Bugatti has set a world record by accelerating from zero to 249mph and back to a standstill in just 41 seconds.

With an 8-litre engine developing almost 1,500bhp, the Bugatti Chiron is one of the most impressive hypercars ever built.

To demonstrate its performance they gave it to former F1 star Juan-Pablo Montoya who took it for a spin on the top secret Ehra-Lessien test track in Germany.

And the Colombian driver managed to go from 0-249-0 mph and back again in 41.96 seconds.

This was over a distance of just 1.9 miles with Montoya opting against wearing safety gear for the test.

He said: 'The Chiron is so incredibly fast it takes your breath away. And its braking is at least as impressive.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4873532/Bugatti-Chiron-hypercar-sets-incredible-speed-record.html

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/852747/Bugatti-Chiron-2017-world-record-top-speed-supercar

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

5 Likes

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by Shollyjay90(m): 5:48pm On Sep 12, 2017
my first ftc for more than 6years on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by iamchybs(m): 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2017
Now this is S P E E D!

14 Likes

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by paiz: 5:50pm On Sep 12, 2017
Can it take me to heaven?

5 Likes

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by duullie88(m): 6:00pm On Sep 12, 2017
I need 1 ....
Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by MOSTEC(m): 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2017
Speed that will take them to hell......

Dino. Will like dis

9 Likes

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by Explorers(m): 7:27pm On Sep 12, 2017
MOSTEC:

Speed that will take them to hell......

Lol...

5 Likes

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by Readonee35L(m): 7:37pm On Sep 12, 2017
The Chiron is one of does cars I will spend my money on.
Engineering at its best .
Imaging cruising at 200MPH with one hand on the sterring wheel, I Mean MPH not KMPH.
Cars that bring Joy and Happiness. The exhaust sound alone puts smiles on faces .

God is the only one that can do this kind of blessing for me. smiley

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2017
In as much as I love speed, I love safety much more...

At that speed you are always 41s close to death!!!!

9 Likes

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by SamzackD(m): 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2017
Readonee35L:
Imaging cruising at 200MPH with one hand on the sterring wheel, I Mean MPH not KMPH.
Cars that bring Joy and Happiness. The exhaust sound alone puts smiles on faces .

Yah, you'll probably be cruising at that speed in the sky,

cause if naija road no spoil that car, dangote trucks or danfo drivers go help you spoil am

8 Likes

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by SamzackD(m): 7:49pm On Sep 12, 2017
hopsydboi:
In as much as I love speed, I love safety much more...

At that speed you are always 41s close to death!!!!

there is also a button in that car that kills the speed as quick as it began

1 Like

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by Readonee35L(m): 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2017
SamzackD:

Yah, you'll probably be cruising at that speed in the sky,

cause if naija road no spoil that car, dangote trucks or danfo drivers go help you spoil am
And who tell you say better road no they lagos?
You think the braking system is like that of toyota camry.
That car goes from. 200mph+ to zero real quick

6 Likes

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by SamzackD(m): 8:02pm On Sep 12, 2017
Readonee35L:

And who tell you say better road no they lagos?
You think the braking system is like that of toyota camry.
That car goes from. 200mph+ to zero real quick

dude I know of the braking system,

but what I'm asking is which kind car you wan buy wey you no go fit drive comot for your street.
Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 12, 2017
I won't die now

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by Readonee35L(m): 8:13pm On Sep 12, 2017
SamzackD:

but what I'm asking is which kind car you wan buy wey you no go fit drive comot for your street.
it seems you live in Okoko or okota .
Because the lagos where I live has good roads.
Besides if I have this ride.
I will have a flat bed hooked to the back of my pickup. So I can take it to some areas with bad roads.

10 Likes

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by Lovetinz(m): 8:29pm On Sep 12, 2017
I would really want to know the name of the makers of its Tires.
Michellin, Dunlop, Pirelli, Goodyear, Bridgestone?
My car should wear the same kind of footwear as this speed demon.

4 Likes

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by Lexusgs430: 8:53pm On Sep 12, 2017
Speed KILLS ...........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2017
SamzackD:

there is also a button in that car that kills the speed as quick as it began
True that is. It really a world re order car! Impressive

5 Likes

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by Perge(m): 9:46pm On Sep 12, 2017
Lovetinz:
Michelin

7 Likes

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by Lexusgs430: 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2017
Lovetinz:

And tyres are usually on special order ............. So even if you buy the same brand, apples are not blackberries .............

1 Like

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by modsRbastard: 11:46pm On Sep 12, 2017
SamzackD:

If you have such money to throw on a car then money to reside in an environment to accommodate that cars desired driving experience won't be a problem.Abuja is a good example.

@Explorers. You didn't make this as interesting. You left out the aerodynamics Engineering of the car. "The chiron has 4 drive protocols Lift, EB, Autobahn, Handling, and Top Speed. EB- normal driving mode, Lift mode raises the ride height four-tenths of an inch front and rear to enable the Chiron to be loaded on a truck or plane or to clear steep drives and speed humps. Autobahn mode (which is also automatically activated at 112 mph) drops the front end of the Chiron eight-tenths of an inch to improve the car’s aerodynamic angle of attack at high speeds, adds more on-center weight to the steering, and raises the active rear spoiler farther into the air flow. Handling mode further stiffens the suspension, programming the shocks to catch rebound motions 50 percent sooner, adds more torque to the steering effort, and tilts the rear wing to deliver more downforce.

At 200 mph the Chiron feels utterly rock steady, preternaturally relaxed, barely breaking a sweat—exactly what you would expect of a car running at less than 75 percent of its potential.

Autobahn and Handling modes will take you to 236 mph. Going faster requires selecting Top Speed mode, activated via a second separate Speed Key, which slots into the floor by the driver’s seat. While stationary, of course. Think of it as the automotive equivalent of ordering a ballistic missile launch.

After the Chiron’s digital neural network runs a systems check, the front end is lowered an additional six-tenths of an inch, and the rear comes down 1.2 inches, dropping the whole car closer to the bitumen. The full-width rear wing is also snugged closer to the carbon-fiber bodywork and set at a shallower angle. Both measures are designed to reduce aerodynamic drag, and they enable the Chiron to hit its speed-limited 261 mph."

That part about the neural network... The car has an onboard artificial intelligence. Dope!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by SamzackD(m): 7:43am On Sep 13, 2017
modsRbastard:

If you have such money to throw on a car then money to reside in an environment to accommodate that cars desired driving experience won't be a problem.Abuja is a good example.

@Explorers. You didn't make this as interesting. You left out the aerodynamics Engineering of the car. "The chiron has 4 drive protocols Lift, EB, Autobahn, Handling, and Top Speed. EB- normal driving mode, Lift mode raises the ride height four-tenths of an inch front and rear to enable the Chiron to be loaded on a truck or plane or to clear steep drives and speed humps. Autobahn mode (which is also automatically activated at 112 mph) drops the front end of the Chiron eight-tenths of an inch to improve the car’s aerodynamic angle of attack at high speeds, adds more on-center weight to the steering, and raises the active rear spoiler farther into the air flow. Handling mode further stiffens the suspension, programming the shocks to catch rebound motions 50 percent sooner, adds more torque to the steering effort, and tilts the rear wing to deliver more downforce.

At 200 mph the Chiron feels utterly rock steady, preternaturally relaxed, barely breaking a sweat—exactly what you would expect of a car running at less than 75 percent of its potential.

Autobahn and Handling modes will take you to 236 mph. Going faster requires selecting Top Speed mode, activated via a second separate Speed Key, which slots into the floor by the driver’s seat. While stationary, of course. Think of it as the automotive equivalent of ordering a ballistic missile launch.

After the Chiron’s digital neural network runs a systems check, the front end is lowered an additional six-tenths of an inch, and the rear comes down 1.2 inches, dropping the whole car closer to the bitumen. The full-width rear wing is also snugged closer to the carbon-fiber bodywork and set at a shallower angle. Both measures are designed to reduce aerodynamic drag, and they enable the Chiron to hit its speed-limited 261 mph."

That part about the neural network... The car has an onboard artificial intelligence. Dope!

Dude the guy I quoted even said if he had the car he would carry a flat bed around because of the roads in Nigeria,

Which is why I'm asking what's the point in buying a car that would restrict you from going places with it.

By the way I'm a big fan of the SSC , so everything you wrote up there in know already

1 Like

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by ben1daEbiri(m): 12:19pm On Sep 14, 2017
Readonee35L:

Did you do physics in school at all, what's the difference between MPH and KMPH
Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by Readonee35L(m): 12:23pm On Sep 14, 2017
ben1daEbiri:
Mph is Miles Per Hour.
Kph or Kmph is Kilometers per hour .

If you are not sure of what you have to say, Go back to your book and read it before quoting people or simply ignore the post, before typing bullshìt

13 Likes

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by tk4rd: 5:28pm On Sep 14, 2017
Fast KILLER.!!
S P E E D Y - K I L L E R ! ! !
Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by makavele: 1:15am On Sep 15, 2017
ben1daEbiri:

see as u fall ur hand for public lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by ben1daEbiri(m): 6:02am On Sep 15, 2017
makavele:

see as u fall ur hand for public lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I nevet wanted to quote him again to explain anything because he wouldn't understand.He idiot was shouting MPH up and down,ask him to convert 249MPH to Km/h...then I'll take it from there. It seems his parents just wasted there money paying his school fees!!

1 Like

Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by guitarmanpharell(m): 7:28am On Sep 15, 2017
Chai .. I must buy one of dz cars b4 I die.. Btw,, wu get update on lautech strike?
Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by bewla(m): 7:29am On Sep 15, 2017
Not good with engine but will enjoy u driving me
Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by samnificent(m): 7:29am On Sep 15, 2017
I believe Nigeria will have good roads for such cars. One day.
Re: 2017 Bugatti Sets World Record, 0 - 249MPH And Back To 0 In 41Seconds(Photos) by fxskye: 7:30am On Sep 15, 2017
A word for it: Highway to eternal rest

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Toyota Engines Are Re-built In Ladipo / Autel OBD Scanner: Check that check engine! Buy a scanner. / Avoid These 5 Things That Can Damage Your Car – Innoson Motors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.