Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE (6413 Views)

CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS / Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) / APC Vice Chairman Denounce The Announcement Of The Publicity Sec On Ekiti Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by ImperialYoruba: 8:17pm On Sep 12, 2017
Mainstream Nigeria must stand up for self preservation against tyranny of the minority with majority rule.

The present incursion of boots, guns and machineries in Igboland is an insult and effrontery to all Southerners.

This is the same tactic of divide and eliminate we have seen with Fulani attacks. They attack Gboko today, Akure, Aba, Benin and Sapele are silent.

They attack Akure next week, Gboko, Aba, Benin and Sapele are quiet.

The week after they attack Oron, people in Asaba, Port Harcourt,Gboko and Akure and Awka keep quiet.

Gradually, fulani, a minority, has systematically enshrined itself as a parallel army and turned every part of Southern and Middlebelt Nigeria to its roaming domain to perpetuate any atrocity it deems fit whenever it suits a political agenda.

If Akure, Benin, Aba, Sapele, Oron, Awka, Asaba had all spoken up and took reprisal action in support of Gboko, fulani would have been trained to accept that Southern Nigeria will not submit to its political agenda and it will be force for force on any assault. But what we did instead is get on newspaper and condemn and warn. Even when the warning and condemnation had no effect, year after year...we still warn and condemn.

So it has come to this. Now Army is in Umuahia, Ibadan, Benin, Port Harcourt, Awka, all are silent.

Tomorrow Army will use the fulani model and move to Ibadan, the rest wil be silent.

After that Army is in Gboko, ...we are all condemning and warning still.

Pretty soon all over South is turned to occupied land. Fulani rulers in Aso will then have a easy path, with the coopt of Army to truly turn all our lands into Fulani grazing zone.

Ten years from now we will still be warning and condemning.

Has there ever been an incidence of any Southern ethnic group causing riot in North and killing people in bloodshed they way they Northerners do in South? Never!

All should rise up and troop to the street and demand immediate expulsion of all Army occupation anywhere in South. We sustain the North. The oil from South and the ports in South, without these the North will be like Chad, poor and wretched.

We are the mainstream. There is no country in world where mainstream is held hostage and battered by the minority voice. Nigerian's case is an exception and a cowardly response.

Shame to South! I do not ever want to hear another Southerner brandish his degree and phd in my face...I will curse him out.

55 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by lafflaff123(m): 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2017
Ok
Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by DickDastardLION(m): 8:23pm On Sep 12, 2017
cool
Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by emerged01(m): 8:25pm On Sep 12, 2017
Why should coward speak for the brave?

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by NothingDoMe: 8:26pm On Sep 12, 2017
emerged01:
Why should coward speak for the brave?
Because rain must fall on the coward and the brave.

It will not distinguish.

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by SalamRushdie: 8:26pm On Sep 12, 2017
Good post

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by paschu: 8:26pm On Sep 12, 2017
GOD BLESS YOU A MILLION TIMES OVER!!!!!

ImperialYoruba:
Mainstream Nigeria must stand up for self preservation against tyranny of the minority with majority rule.

The present incursion of boots, guns and machineries in Igboland is an insult and effrontery to all Southerners.

This is the same tactic of divide and eliminate we have seen with Fulani attacks. They attack Gboko today, Akure, Aba, Benin and Sapele are silent.

The week after they attack Oron, people in Asaba, Port Harcourt,Gboko and Akure and Awka keep quiet.

Gradually, fulani, a minority, has systematically enshrined itself as a parallel army and turned every part of Southern and Middlebelt Nigeria to its roaming domain to perpetuate any atrocity it deems fit whenever it suits a political agenda.

If Akure, Benin, Aba, Sapele, Oron, Awka, Asaba had all spoken up and took reprisal action in support of Gboko, fulani would have been trained to accept that Southern Nigeria will not submit to its political agenda and it will be force for force on any assault. But what we did instead is get on newspaper and condemn and warn. Even when the warning and condemnation had no effect, year after year...we still warn and condemn.

So it has come to this. Now Army is in Umuahia, Ibadan, Benin, Port Harcourt, Awka, all are silent.

Tomorrow Army will use the fulani model and move to Ibadan, the rest wil be silent.

Pretty soon all over South is turned to occupied land. Fulani rulers in Aso will then have a easy path, with the coopt of Army to truly turn all our lands into Fulani grazing zone.

Has there ever been an incidence of any Southern ethnic group causing riot in North and killing people in bloodshed they way they Northerners do in South? Never!

All should rise up and troop to the street and demand immediate expulsion of all Army occupation anywhere in South. We sustain the North. The oil from South and the ports in South, without these the North will be like Chad, poor and wretched.

We are the mainstream. There is no country in world where mainstream is held hostage and battered by the minority voice. Nigerian's case is an exception and a cowardly response.

Shame to South! I do not ever want to hear another Southerner brandish his degree and phd in my face...I will curse him out.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by oladeebo: 8:26pm On Sep 12, 2017
why are you people jitterying here better send delegation to safe your lord over there bunch of traitors & detractors!

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Nukilia: 8:29pm On Sep 12, 2017
What is ittttttttttt?
Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by BlowBack: 8:33pm On Sep 12, 2017
All the comments so far generated in support of this criminal abuse of human rights and decency are from Govt paid shills working hard to sway sentiments and support for the Senseless show of Fire and brutality.

An assault on IPOB is an assault on out freedom of expression.

Any zombie that still agrees with this should prepeared for war.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by okway2: 8:34pm On Sep 12, 2017
Wetin concern yoruba again? Please leave me alone and lemme enjoy my sleep cool

Yorubas always trying to play republican. When have diabolical Ibos spoken against Yoruba marginalization?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by DonVikings: 8:39pm On Sep 12, 2017
ImperialYoruba:
[s]Mainstream Nigeria must stand up for self preservation against tyranny of the minority with majority rule.

Shame to South! I do not ever want to hear another Southerner brandish his degree and phd in my face...I will curse him out.[/s]
People like you are the reason why pigs always open their gutter mouth against Yorubas. How many times have Yorubas fought their battles for them, from Soyinka to Fawehimi, to the Kutis. What did they get in return?

Guy, don't provoke me this night please. angry

Let every motherplonker bear their cross. angry

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by emerged01(m): 8:39pm On Sep 12, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Because rain must fall on the coward and the brave.

It will not distinguish.
Well,you are right! I have said it once,SE should not allow north to push them into war but I think it is getting late. #praypeacereign #setttlementisbetterthanwar
Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by DonVikings: 8:40pm On Sep 12, 2017
okway2:

Yorubas always trying to play republican. When have diabolical Ibos spoken against Yoruba marginalization?
Dont mind the phooolish op trying to be politically correct.

Phuuck that shiit. Let the idiots bear the full stench of their own farts. angry

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 12, 2017
@ImperialYoruba: Guy you dey fall hand oooh!

Not this.

Not now... undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by NothingDoMe: 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2017
DonVikings:

Phuuck that shiit. Let the idiots bear the full stench of their own farts. angry
Silly. I give you a couple of days and you will beg for peace because I see this escalating.

Don't for a moment believe that the rain that fell in the dogs house will not fall in the pussy cats house.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Drogbs: 8:48pm On Sep 12, 2017
DonVikings:
People like you are the reason why pigs always open their gutter mouth against Yorubas. How many times have Yorubas fought their battles for them, from Soyinka to Fawehimi, to the Kutis. What did they get in return?

Guy, don't provoke me this night please. angry

Let every motherplonker bear their cross. angry
Clown, you didn't fight for Abiola when a fulani government poisoned him to death
You didn't fight when They killed his wife
You didn't fight when fulani's occupied Ilorin and installed an Emir
You didn't fight when your June 12 Nadeco heroes were hunted down like flies and killed or imprisoned
I could go on and on...
Na Igbos you wan come fight for? of course Soyinka and Fawehimi of blessed memory are the few cream of the civilized Yoruba intelligentsia that knew injustice by it's true colors and stood against it...the generality of yorubas are just docile sitting ducks of divided interest who can't even fight their own battles, yet want to play hero for people who took bullets for 3 years for a cause...don't ever disrespect the Igbos with those impetuous lies, never ever again

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Viergeachar: 8:50pm On Sep 12, 2017
oladeebo:
why are you people jitterying here better send delegation to safe your lord over there bunch of traitors & detractors!

Is musiwa your elder brother

You sound like him a lot.

@ImperialYoruba

You are on point.

Don't worry, we shall overcome.

Even the Arewa youths that issued quit notice have been calling for a referendum to be held in the SE. They have written to the UN and have been begging Buhari for it.

The average northerner doesn't care about Nigeria... embarassed

It's just a few people holding us hostage.

I believe in restructuring. smiley

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by DonVikings: 8:53pm On Sep 12, 2017
Drogbs:

[s]Clown, you didn't fight for Abiola when a fulani government poisoned him to death
You didn't fight when They killed his wife
You didn't fight when fulani's occupied Ilorin and installed an Emir
You didn't fight when your June 12 Nadeco heroes were hunted down like flies and killed or imprisoned
I could go on and on...
Na Igbos you wan come fight for? of course Soyinka and Fawehimi of blessed memory are the few cream of the civilized Yoruba intelligentsia that knew injustice by it's true colors and stood against it...the generality of yorubas are just docile sitting ducks of divided interest who can't even fight their own battles, yet want to play hero for people who took bullets for 3 years for a cause...don't ever disrespect the Igbos with those impetuous lies, never ever again[/s]
I didn't bother reading that because I don't waste my time listening to pigs grunt as they make love grin

Listen up all flat heads, Yorubas won't fight your battles for you.

You can cry to chukwu Abuko Lakpalakpa from now till Kanu stop pissing on your flat heads, Yorubas wouldn't care less! grin

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Viergeachar: 8:54pm On Sep 12, 2017
DonVikings:

Relax bro...

United the South stands, divided it falls.

Nigeria can't continue like this. I salute the Igbos for taking the bull by the horn. We Yorubas too must not rest until the nation is restructured.
The north is holding everybody down... sad

16 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by ImperialYoruba: 8:54pm On Sep 12, 2017
okway2:

The Omoluabi concept in Yoruba philosophy is about upholding truth, justice and uprightness of conduct.

There are instances when a confrontation is self-provoked. There are other times when a confrontation is deliberate act of impunity and injustice.

If Yoruba was in power Kanu will not be going through this flagrant abuse. Kanu does not own Iboland. The indigenes own the land. Why is FG occupying and terrorizing indigenes over their land? This is sheer human right abuse, no other way to candy coat it.

Lets even assume that Kanu should be arrested to preempt trouble. Isnt that police job? Why deploy a battalion to arrest one man?

The agenda and the theater of show of force is a proactive calculation towards a much bigger goal. They are using Kanu to rehearse and polish the process. It will be the turn of another twon soon. They want to turn South into a hot zone and kill off the debate and talks on restructure.

When bullets are flying and soldiers are conducting house to house search in Ilorin, Ife, Iseyin, Ondo, Benin, Warri, Yenagoa, Asaba, Awka, Umuahia, Owerri....who will have time and mind to speak in favor of restructure? Nobody!

Silence over this matter in Iboland is totally unacceptable. It is repulsive....this is cruelty!

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by DonVikings: 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2017
NothingDoMe:
[s]Silly. I give you a couple of days and you will beg for peace because I see this escalating.

Don't for a moment believe that the rain that fell in the dogs house will not fall in the pussy cats house[/s].
Foolish Potor Potor rants from a wawa Jew. grin

Come here let me whip that back some more. grin

16 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by NothingDoMe: 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2017
DonVikings:
Foolish Potor Potor rants from a wawa Jew. grin

Come here let me whip that back some more. grin
Haha its you! It's never hard to detect you.

Cc hungerbad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Viergeachar: 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2017
okway2:

Someday, it may be out turn...though we know how to handle the abokkkis, no be today. cool

We saw off IBB and Abacha. Nothing can be worse... cool
Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by tobida: 8:59pm On Sep 12, 2017
I just finish from work, all over social media is Army kill dis in the east, army kill dat in the east.

It is unbecoming of Buhari. If we dont cage him, he will break Nigeria.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Viergeachar: 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2017
Drogbs:

Ode...who is asking you to care?, like your people are not already as inconsequential as P in pharmacy already

Nairaland e-wars are usually between teenage Yorubas and semi-literate Igbos.

Go figure!

Whether you like it or not, Yorubas (Wole Soyinka, Odumakin, Falana, FFK, Fayose, Deji Adeyanju etc) will rise up for the Igbos and help them out in their time of pain/persecution. We will never need you to repay the goodwill. Forget about these kids you see online. grin

Now, that's class!! cool

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by victorDanladi: 9:09pm On Sep 12, 2017
soyinka went to jail because of biafra.what did yoruba get in returns when there own achebe was no where to be found?calling us cowards and calling soyinka himself mad professor.

yorubas voted for GEJ in 2011 while soyinka and tunde bakare fought turai yaradua cabal on GEJ behalf,what did we get in returns?...Abuse and insults!

They litter ibadan and lagos making money,yet they see there host as enemies and rivals!

those guys are animals and ingrates!

My Dad is a pastor.I will never forget this:

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by victorDanladi: 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2017
tobida:
I just finish from work, all over social media is Army kill dis in the east, army kill dat in the east.

It is unbecoming of Buhari. If we dont cage him, he will break Nigeria.
so you want to be there next wole soyinka?

They will come back here tomorrow and call you cowards,betrayals and all sort of name!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by babyfaceafrica: 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2017
Who spoke up during military invasion in Lagos?..abeg make una park well!!!.....who KANU and fg epp?

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo Cabinet From 1999 To 2003 / Kaduna Strike: Reinstate Sacked Workers, PDP Tells El-Rufai / NBC Okays 159 Radio, TV Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.