Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE (6412 Views)

CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS / Young Sowore Protesting Against The Military (Throwback Photos) / APC Vice Chairman Denounce The Announcement Of The Publicity Sec On Ekiti Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Markfemi: 4:54am On Sep 15, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

Everything you wrote here is full of venom. There are qestions I want to ask you but wisdom prevails on me to leave it alone.

Those who are vindictive are worse enemy to the Yoruba cause than are saboteurs.

Saboteurs you can contain. How do you manage a compatriot, a member of your team, that is plotting for opportunity to sting you? That is a worse enemy.

You brought a encounter from many months ago, still lurking in your heart, and dumped it here to attack me with a sting.

Go through my posts, my action and sentiments on Yoruba cause speaks for itself. On this particular incidence, I stand on my priniciple. It is bad and it is wrong and it is cruel. Ibo will not end the only victim of this assault, it will soon spread.

Besides, Ibo is a new comer to African civilizations. Those who pioneered democratic principles and social orders ought to be more accomodating and reflective.

Look, fulani is a stateless Nigerian. There is nowhere in Nigeria that is indigenous fulani land.... Yet, fulani has continously claimed posessions and access belonging to others, Yoruba included.

About seven years ago the entire South stood up with one voice and fought against push from North, we succeeded in making Jonathan President. If same scenario were to happen today to Buhari as did Yaradua, Yoruba alone will not succeed the fight to enthrone Osinbajo. There is no doubting this because we just experienced a taste of that impossibility with the treatment of the Acting President in absence of Buhari. Yoruba, with all our bravado could not do anything to impose our will.

Also, you might not have noticed that since Buhari returned every meeting he has had with the VP, Abba Kyari is in attendance. This was not the case before. They know Buhari will not last and are prepared for a political transition that will take different shape from the one seven years ago when we displaced their attempt tobretain power unconstitutionally.

In fact, they are so ambitious in the power struggle that the letter sent by Buhari to Senate on his exit to London was intercepted and modified to scale down Osinbajo's authority, designating him a Coordinating substitute rather than an Acting substitute as demanded in constitution. Unlike Yorubas that argue everypoint from a legal and constitutional angle, these fulanis are not a respecter of constitution and legal statutes...they have never been. They operate strictly from native intelligence, spiced with religious fanaticism.

Our strive should be direct engagement and stern opposition against the fulani. Fulani has diminished all the legacy Imperial powers in North - Hausa and Kanuri. Yoruba is a challenge for them and they are working on completely destroying our legacy. We are also thr most powerful Southern group that can stand in their way and defeat their desire to completely own Nigeria.

The strategy is first to isolate us by conquering those who are potentials to ally with us. They keep testing this strategy and in each instance they get a positive outcome it reinforces their convinction and strength.

We dont need to merge with Ibo as a culture but at same time Ibo is not completely useless to our cause and struggle. There are aspects of strength in numbers that can be beneficial to each of us when we face North as an opponent.

I wont say more than this. Please, learn to let past be past and stop holding grudges in your hearts to sting people with.

Agreed but note Igbo won't do anything for yemi
Remember they even flew the kith of Bukola Saraki
Igbo will cut his nose just to spite Yoruba
I'm not pro north

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Wyttcat: 5:45am On Sep 15, 2017
Quite an epistle!

There's no venom in what I said, just the truth, learn to say the truth too. You sure are not fully about Yoruba interests but just wherever the wind blows. I don't plot to sting, I just don't forget. You don't expect me to forget a comment as big as that. So you knew Yoruba will face their own fight yet you want to exhaust Yoruba's strategy on ibos, a worse enemy that would give anything to bring you to your knees as Yoruba? Or have ibos ever be on Yoruba side on anything? You are really smart. I repeat, ibos are useless to our cause, This is a faceless forum, so when I hear things some of you who claim to be Yoruba say, it makes me ask if you really care about Yoruba land. If you go through my post too you will see where I said Yoruba will fight their own battle too. You remind me of this saying, O NSE MI, O NGBA MI, K'A DUPE L'OWO ENI T'O NSE NI. Even if ibos were born to African civilization yesterday, we are not their nanny. Entire south pushed indeed! What that was, you were used and dumped by Jonathan's administration. Yoruba have never been supported by ibos, fact! Seems you have put your tongue where it shouldn't be and lost you head in the process. We couldn't get Osinbajo there because of people like you who put others before their own, and ibos will make it worse because they always choose Hausa over you. I really think you have lost your mind. The time Yoruba need to analyze and strategize what is going on between our two enemies should be used to support one against the other, right? Yoruba land is really in trouble with people like you.
ImperialYoruba:

Everything you wrote here is full of venom. There are qestions I want to ask you but wisdom prevails on me to leave it alone.

Those who are vindictive are worse enemy to the Yoruba cause than are saboteurs.

Saboteurs you can contain. How do you manage a compatriot, a member of your team, that is plotting for opportunity to sting you? That is a worse enemy.

You brought a encounter from many months ago, still lurking in your heart, and dumped it here to attack me with a sting.

Go through my posts, my action and sentiments on Yoruba cause speaks for itself. On this particular incidence, I stand on my priniciple. It is bad and it is wrong and it is cruel. Ibo will not end the only victim of this assault, it will soon spread.

Besides, Ibo is a new comer to African civilizations. Those who pioneered democratic principles and social orders ought to be more accomodating and reflective.

Look, fulani is a stateless Nigerian. There is nowhere in Nigeria that is indigenous fulani land.... Yet, fulani has continously claimed posessions and access belonging to others, Yoruba included.

About seven years ago the entire South stood up with one voice and fought against push from North, we succeeded in making Jonathan President. If same scenario were to happen today to Buhari as did Yaradua, Yoruba alone will not succeed the fight to enthrone Osinbajo. There is no doubting this because we just experienced a taste of that impossibility with the treatment of the Acting President in absence of Buhari. Yoruba, with all our bravado could not do anything to impose our will.

Also, you might not have noticed that since Buhari returned every meeting he has had with the VP, Abba Kyari is in attendance. This was not the case before. They know Buhari will not last and are prepared for a political transition that will take different shape from the one seven years ago when we displaced their attempt tobretain power unconstitutionally.

In fact, they are so ambitious in the power struggle that the letter sent by Buhari to Senate on his exit to London was intercepted and modified to scale down Osinbajo's authority, designating him a Coordinating substitute rather than an Acting substitute as demanded in constitution. Unlike Yorubas that argue everypoint from a legal and constitutional angle, these fulanis are not a respecter of constitution and legal statutes...they have never been. They operate strictly from native intelligence, spiced with religious fanaticism.

Our strive should be direct engagement and stern opposition against the fulani. Fulani has diminished all the legacy Imperial powers in North - Hausa and Kanuri. Yoruba is a challenge for them and they are working on completely destroying our legacy. We are also thr most powerful Southern group that can stand in their way and defeat their desire to completely own Nigeria.

The strategy is first to isolate us by conquering those who are potentials to ally with us. They keep testing this strategy and in each instance they get a positive outcome it reinforces their convinction and strength.

We dont need to merge with Ibo as a culture but at same time Ibo is not completely useless to our cause and struggle. There are aspects of strength in numbers that can be beneficial to each of us when we face North as an opponent.

I wont say more than this. Please, learn to let past be past and stop holding grudges in your hearts to sting people with.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by wristbangle: 5:49am On Sep 15, 2017
Markfemi:

Agreed but note Igbo won't do anything for yemi
Remember they even flew the kith of Bukola Saraki
Igbo will cut his nose just to spite Yoruba
I'm not pro north

Imperialyoruba, I respect your point but u also need to listen to this gentle man's opinion and that of wyttcat.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by louqas: 6:11am On Sep 15, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

The Omoluabi concept in Yoruba philosophy is about upholding truth, justice and uprightness of conduct.

There are instances when a confrontation is self-provoked. There are other times when a confrontation is deliberate act of impunity and injustice.

If Yoruba was in power Kanu will not be going through this flagrant abuse. Kanu does not own Iboland. The indigenes own the land. Why is FG occupying and terrorizing indigenes over their land? This is sheer human right abuse, no other way to candy coat it.

Lets even assume that Kanu should be arrested to preempt trouble. Isnt that police job? Why deploy a battalion to arrest one man?

The agenda and the theater of show of force is a proactive calculation towards a much bigger goal. They are using Kanu to rehearse and polish the process. It will be the turn of another twon soon. They want to turn South into a hot zone and kill off the debate and talks on restructure.

When bullets are flying and soldiers are conducting house to house search in Ilorin, Ife, Iseyin, Ondo, Benin, Warri, Yenagoa, Asaba, Awka, Umuahia, Owerri....who will have time and mind to speak in favor of restructure? Nobody!

Silence over this matter in Iboland is totally unacceptable. It is repulsive....this is cruelty!

Shut up
nobody has deployed a battalion to arrest NK
Operation photon dance is a military exercise
Not intended to arrest NK
get your facts right before displaying your ignorance here

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 17, 2017
Wyttcat:
Right on! Btw, I be woman, just the Moremi spirit.
wink

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by Justiceleague1: 6:42am On Jun 23, 2018
Viergeachar:

Is musiwa your elder brother

You sound like him a lot.

@ImperialYoruba

You are on point.

Don't worry, we shall overcome.

Even the Arewa youths that issued quit notice have been calling for a referendum to be held in the SE. They have written to the UN and have been begging Buhari for it.

The average northerner doesn't care about Nigeria... embarassed

It's just a few people holding us hostage.

I believe in restructuring. smiley
this was when ori e was pe grin
Re: Yoruba Must Speak Up And Denounce The Military Siege In SE by orisa37: 8:55am On Jun 23, 2018
I am a Freeborn Southerner. Let all the Southern States' Legislators and their F.G Representatives pass a R E S O L U T I O N of "No Full Autonomy of Police, Resources and Electioneering Control to all our 36 Constitutional States, no 2019 Election".
2, This is a Democracy. The Legislators should also resolve to stop the Presidencial Power to use the Military to unduely harass and intimidate our Electorates anywhere anytime again.
3, Pls note that INEC has already fraudulently armed Fulani Herdsmen with PVCs and ID Cards to vote for Buhari and his Reps anywhere in the South. So in Ekiti, when you see a Voter that cannot be identified facially and by language as Resident, CRY FOUL !!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Presidency To Host 2020 National Policy Summit With A Focus On Next Level Agenda / Chaugory:Tinubu Business Partner And 2nd Most Powerful Man In Lagos / Aregbesola Is Positioning Himself As The Next Yoruba Leader - PDP Worried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.