Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,032 members, 7,799,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh (9236 Views)

Audu Ogbeh: We Must Make Peace Or We Lose The North / Lai Mohammed, Audu Ogbeh And Fashola Funny Photo / Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by talk2percy(m): 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2017
I have always known that na this kai lame thing u fit do...

1 Like

Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by Unbreakable007: 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2017
K
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by veraponpo(m): 4:56pm On Sep 13, 2017
GODKID98:
Nigeria is in deep shit,I swear!

Instead of the government to establish a security outfit whose main objective would be to curtail the excesses of these herdsmen and their cattle, the government is busy PROTECTING the investment of those THREATENING the lives of the citizens and their investments.... What kind of a twisted mentality is that?

I think you dont understand the message.

Ranching is the way ( if you dont want nomadic herdsmen to continue fighting and killing farmers.

However, it is capital intensive and has become risky because of the rustlers who can 'steal cows'.

Therefore, the government, as a way of encouraging investment in this area, wants to provide insurance ( in case of any loss), and security personnel to secure them from rustlers.

This is a good initiative, if you ask me.
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by HARDDON: 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2017
GODKID98:

Instead of the government to establish a security outfit whose main objective would be to curtail the excesses of these herdsmen and their cattle, the government is busy PROTECTING the investment of those THREATENING the lives of the citizens and their investments.... What kind of a twisted mentality is that?

N of all d people to break the news, to coat it n make it more acceptable in the south, is the coordinator!
Thousands of lives r been lost to these herdsmen yet they arm them d more! The lives of ccattles are worth more than the lives of Nigerians to this myopic , islamization-blinded evil FG!

But the will of God and his son Jesus must be done

1 Like

Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by smellingmenses: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2017
madridguy:
Misleading title just for the pigs and idiots to masturbate on Kwotinu @ OP
Says ....

Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by MarilynNash(f): 5:10pm On Sep 13, 2017
This government is weak af. Instead of curbing the excesses of those fulani murderes they're trying to protect them and have the gall to refer to it as "a clash". Buhari, continue to protect your murdering brothers, your time is up.

1 Like

Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by DabuIIIT: 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2017
madridguy:
Before arm is before warn. grin
madridmallam grin benabau cattle rearer grin
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by KingMicky3286: 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2017
Mophasa:

http://punchng.com/fg-to-provide-insurance-cover-for-ranch-operators/
Igbos dont need insurance... aboki will be given premium insurance .
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by wildchild02: 5:25pm On Sep 13, 2017
Good

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by madridguy(m): 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2017
grin grin grin

DabuIIIT:

madridmallam grin
benabau cattle rearer grin
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by orisa37: 6:35pm On Sep 13, 2017
Fulani Herdsmen have AK47. Now FG is providing them additional ex-service security armed followers. Why? Megadis to fight opposing farmers, Traditional Rulers and Governors.
Why can't FG provide money to all states to build comercially viable Ranches for their people?
From Bokoharam to Fulani Herdsmen to Kidnappers and now armed Hangerons.
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by ImperialYoruba: 6:46pm On Sep 13, 2017
No person should steal cattle they dont own, just as no cattle should eat crops its herder did not plant. Those who steal cattle are wrong, likewise those who herd cattle onto crop farms are thieves.

If we are providing armed protection and insurance to prevent stealing cattle it makes sense to provide armed protection and insurance against herders that steal crops.

Who is the heavily armed guard that is recruited to guard fulani, is it Yoruba, is it Ibo, is it Ijaw...or will it be fulani guarding fulani?

Heavy armoury officially made available to fulani, and paid from federal govt.

The South is a joker!
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by erico2k2(m): 7:08pm On Sep 13, 2017
veraponpo:

Ranching is the way ( if you dont want nomadic herdsmen to continue fighting and killing farmers.

However, it is capital intensive and has become risky because of the rustlers who can 'steal cows'.

Therefore, the government, as a way of encouraging investment in this area, wants to provide insurance ( in case of any loss), and security personnel to secure them from rustlers.

Who are the rustlers ? Who are the heardsmen ?Do you think the herdsmen are willing to give up thier nomadic life in the name of ranching ? Something they see ad way of life ? They are like Gypsies in Europe .
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by erico2k2(m): 7:11pm On Sep 13, 2017
ImperialYoruba:
No person should steal cattle they dont own, just as no cattle should eat crops its herder did not plant. Those who steal cattle are wrong, likewise those who herd cattle onto crop farms are thieves.

If we are providing armed protection and insurance to prevent stealing cattle it makes sense to provide armed protection and insurance against herders that steal crops.

Who is the heavily armed guard that is recruited to guard fulani, is it Yoruba, is it Ibo, is it Ijaw...or will it be fulani guarding fulani?

Heavy armoury officially made available to fulani, and paid from federal govt.

The South is a joker!
so now dey are protected to go to any farm . legally people think these guys are going to stay in one ranch
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by Tinie: 7:50pm On Sep 13, 2017
GODKID98:

Targeted protection, a certain elite comes to mind

“If you start a ranch or you have a big agricultural project, approach us, we will post them to you at no cost to protect your investment.”

Protection for small scale farmers nko? I remember that 70somthing year old woman that got raped recently on her farm
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2017
Tinie:

Targeted protection, a certain elite comes to mind

“If you start a ranch or you have a big agricultural project, approach us, we will post them to you at no cost to protect your investment.”

Protection for small scale farmers nko? I remember that 70somthing year old woman that got raped recently on her farm

Exactly
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by comodo: 9:13pm On Sep 13, 2017
"If you have a ranch, its a big investment, call us we will send security to you at no cost" I do wonder how these cows increase the income of this country." I have severally asked if these cows belong to federal republic of Nigeria? Or if they are peoples private businesses just like my small scale farm?? I need an answer. I really don't understand a whole lot of things, who is using the country's money to protect his investment while the poor pay for security for their investments. I keep saying that this country is just made up of the elite and the masses. The elite uses the general wealth as they like, the masses fight and kill each other for the elites. The elites have learnt to use these lines on the masses, Christian vs Muslim, North vs South, Hausa vs Igbo, Yoruba vs Igbo, PDP vs APC etc etc etc and they are busy sharing the common wealth. Today FFK is d problem, tomorrow its Fayose, next KANU and the masses will be fighting themselves. Tell me which country will use taxpayers money and other common wealth to protect some peoples private investments, if not Naijiria.
Mophasa:

http://punchng.com/fg-to-provide-insurance-cover-for-ranch-operators/
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by Thruth: 9:21pm On Sep 13, 2017
Instead of simply saying "we have failed Nigerians",

I wonder why this man is still a minister cos am sure he knows nothing. Quota system have paid off for him.
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by rainylad(f): 9:25pm On Sep 13, 2017
Nigeria is indeed a zoo!
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by babestella: 10:06pm On Sep 13, 2017
I curse the day Amalgamation of Nigeria happened.

This is absolute nonsense, just nonsense.
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by Blue3k(m): 10:47pm On Sep 13, 2017
erico2k2:

Who are the rustlers ? Who are the heardsmen ?Do you think the herdsmen are willing to give up thier nomadic life in the name of ranching ? Something they see ad way of life ? They are like Gypsies in Europe .

You asked lots pointless questions. Think about it. If ranches take market share from herdsmen they will adapt or go out of business. With your mindset you probably believe entrepreneurs won't step in to make the money. Is herding a lifestyle or business for them. The only big solution is for state government to bann opening grazing if the are serious about ranches.
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by laudate: 12:17am On Sep 14, 2017
veraponpo:

Why can't they tag the cattle with RFID microchips that would allow proper monitoring of the movements of such cattle? If such chips are used, you can easily identify whose cattle has been moved, or which cattle strayed into the different farmlands of other people, and in so doing identify the owners and ask for compensation, when such farmlands are destroyed. undecided That would prove effective. I hope the insurance companies insist on the cattle being fitted with these devices. They act like trackers. undecided
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by Blue3k(m): 12:20am On Sep 14, 2017
laudate:

Why can't they tag the cattle with RFID microchips that would allow proper monitoring of the movements of such cattle? If such chips are used, you can easily identify whose cattle has been moved, or which cattle strayed into the different farmlands of other people, and in so doing identify the owners and ask for compensation, when such farmlands are destroyed. undecided That would prove effective. I hope the insurance companies insist on the cattle being fitted with these devices. They act like trackers. undecided

Excellent suggestions insurance companies can simply encourage it by charging lower premiums to customers.
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by laudate: 12:22am On Sep 14, 2017
Blue3k:
Excellent suggestions insurance companies can simply encourage it by charging lower premiums to customers.
Exactly!! undecided If this can be done properly, then by identifying the cattle and also owner of the cattle, one can even track the herdsmen assigned to such cattle and arrest them, in cases where they go on rampage in different communities!!
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by Jessam: 1:00am On Sep 14, 2017
What about those ranches with pigs and goats , they get stolen too. For example Jessam cattle ranch and farms would like the protection too. we are in Emene , Enugu. contact us - jessamfarms@hotmail.com

Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by erico2k2(m): 7:57am On Sep 14, 2017
Blue3k:

You asked lots pointless questions. Think about it. If ranches take market share from herdsmen they will adapt or go out of business. With your mindset you probably believe entrepreneurs won't step in to make the money. Is herding a lifestyle or business for them. The only big solution is for state government to bann opening grazing if the are serious about ranches.
I don't know how old you are but calling my questions pointless shows you don't have a clue . Why do t you address the pointless issues I raise d instead of you ending up saying nothing meaningful ?
You don realize to be nomadic is a way of life . I made reference to the Gypsies in Europe who are nomads .
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by soflygerian(m): 8:21am On Sep 14, 2017
NO ONE CARES TO KNOW THAT THE NIGERIAN POLICE IS A COMPLETE ROT, NOT EVEN THOSE WHO ARE TO CARE FOR THEM AND INSTEAD OF STRENGTHENING THAT INSTITUTION WHICH WOULD DRASTICALLY REDUCE CORRUPTION AND CRIME IN NIGERIA BY 50%, BUT NO....THIS GOVT THINKS AGRO-RANGERS ARE A BETTER SOLUTION??
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by 400billionman: 8:50am On Sep 14, 2017
GODKID98:

To please the Zombie in Chief..
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by DanielGb(m): 12:33pm On Sep 14, 2017
One problem at a time. I support this initiative. Building Ranches will help in green grass cultivation and will disallowed headsman to go about into other people's farm. Well the agro-rangers purpose is abit understandable. Its a good preferential treatment.

Which region is next?
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by Blue3k(m): 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2017
erico2k2:

I don't know how old you are but calling my questions pointless shows you don't have a clue . Why do t you address the pointless issues I raise d instead of you ending up saying nothing meaningful ?
You don realize to be nomadic is a way of life . I made reference to the Gypsies in Europe who are nomads .

Yes your questions are pointless because it doesn't matter either way. Thinking about scenarios a few minutes shows all roads lead to sane destination because the world doesnt revolve around their decisions. They have to adapt to government policy changes and competition from others obviously

If they don't adapt to ranching system they go out of business. If the answer yes to adapting to ranching good. If they don't give it up willingly they become criminals if open ranching is illegal in certain state they do business.

Who are cattle rustlers they are thieves simple. Police arrest then and send them for prosecution. Cattle rustling happens either way but less in ranches. Tagging or earpiece chips help.

Let's address your gypsy comparison since you probably don't know much about them. The majority aren't nomadic like they used to be. Next they would still have to legally move around in places with borders or else they can face prosecution. I don't know any exception for gypsy feel free to show me. They have changed with time so you should understand others change aswell.
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by erico2k2(m): 2:05pm On Sep 14, 2017
Blue3k:

Yes your questions are pointless because it doesn't matter either way. Thinking about scenarios a few minutes shows all roads lead to sane destination because the world doesnt revolve around their decisions. They have to adapt to government policy changes and competition from others obviously

If they don't adapt to ranching system they go out of business. If the answer yes to adapting to ranching good. If they don't give it up willingly they become criminals if open ranching is illegal in certain state they do business.

Who are cattle rustlers they are thieves simple. Police arrest then and send them for prosecution. Cattle rustling happens either way but less in ranches. Tagging or earpiece chips help.

Let's address your gypsy comparison since you probably don't know much about them. The majority aren't nomadic like they used to be. Next they would still have to legally move around in places with borders or else they can face prosecution. I don't know any exception for gypsy feel free to show me. They have changed with time so you should understand others change aswell.
let me.ask you , planting of grass to feed cows in a designated Ranch amd moving of livestock hundreds of km to feed in greener pastures which do you think is cheaper ?

Now about Gypsies , if you do your research you will realize that name is insultive . In a polite way they are called travelers . I k kw this cos I deal with them day in day out . They are very rich people with No Bank account sooner was never am issue . They just move into any land /House they have access to . They do 5 care about the Law . It 5 a ke a court injunction plus force too e them out of any location . Thier mode of operation o's same . The worse ones are the Irish . Now moving from place to place is thier way of life .
In relating to heardsmen moving cattle frm place to place is thier way of life for hundreds of years . .
Now its ironic you say my points are baseless yet we are expantiating on them.
Re: FG To Provide Insurance Cover For Ranch Operators - Audu Ogbeh by Blue3k(m): 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2017
erico2k2:

let me.ask you , planting of grass to feed cows in a designated Ranch and moving of livestock hundreds of km to feed in greener pastures which do you think is cheaper ?

Now about Gypsies , if you do your research you will realize that name is insultive . In a polite way they are called travelers . I know this cos I deal with them day in day out . They are very rich people with No Bank account sooner was never am issue . They just move into any land /House they have access to . They do care about the Law . It takes a court injunction plus force too them out of any location . Thier mode of operation is same . The worse ones are the Irish . Now moving from place to place is thier way of life .
In relating to heardsmen moving cattle from place to place is thier way of life for hundreds of years . .
Now its ironic you say my points are baseless yet we are expantiating on them.

1. Ranching is cheaper long term. You buy the land 1 time. They cows are healthier and sell for a higher price. You pay less to take care of yourself. Then calving and milk production are better.

2. You're right about name gypsy they are actually called Romina people.

3. Being nomadic isn't a crime. Squatting in someelse's property is. It could result in jail time if you want to go breaking and ebering route.

4. I say it makes no difference because if they become criminals outcomes range from jail and having cattle seized and stiff fines. Hard to live your lifestyle behind bars or without cattle.

5. My main point is the market will be biggest change factor. The main consumption markets for beef are in southern coastal areas. The move cattle to accommodate to market their so rules and regulations will effect them greatly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu New Naked Pictures Surfaces Online PHOTOS / PDP BOT In Closed Door Meeting With Ugwuanyi And Enugu PDP Leaders / Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.