Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Eddie Howe: ‘bournemouth Going Back To Basics After Poor Start’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eddie Howe: ‘bournemouth Going Back To Basics After Poor Start’ (304 Views)

Newcastle 'Used End Of Man United Thrashing As A Training Session', Says Howe / Fans Call For Uzoho Drop From Super Eagles After Poor Display / Newcastle United Appoint Eddie Howe As New Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eddie Howe: ‘bournemouth Going Back To Basics After Poor Start’ by samsonslide: 11:50am On Sep 14, 2017
Eddie Howe has revealed that he has told his Bournemouthplayers to go “back to basics” as they seek their first points of the Premier League season.

The Cherries have kicked off their 2017-18 campaign with four-successive defeats, conceding eight goals – including three against Arsenal last time out – and scoring just one.

Ahead of Friday night’s home tie with newly-promoted side Brighton & Hove Albion, Howe believes that one positive result is all that is required for his side to finally kickstart their campaign.

“We’ve gone back to basics and worked on getting the fundamentals of our game back,” he told reporters. “There’s been plenty of other moments that have been equally difficult. It’s never been a straight line of success.

“I’d never question the attitude of my players. I’d question the performances, but never the attitude. We’ve come back before and we’ll do it again. We haven’t changed how we work, just made it better. I think one result can turn things around very quickly.
“From watching Brighton play, they’ve got a good team, a good balance and they’re going to be tough to beat. There are definitely parallels with the two clubs,” he said. “When you see the job that Chris has done, it’s very impressive.”

Bournemouth are aiming to avoid becoming the fourth club to start a Premier League season with five defeats from five.
Read More Sport News:https://www.sportlineng.com/more-news/

(1) (Reply)

Birmingham Sacked Manger Harry Redknapp. / Manutd Victories Over Everton / Manchester United Boss Jose Mourinho ‘to Offer Marouane Fellaini New Deal’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.