Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level (184314 Views)

Applying Lessons From Nairaland To Micro-manage Building 5BDR Duplex From Abroad / Urgent Inquiry On Cost Of Building A 4 Bedroom Duplex From Foundation Level / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by larrygold: 9:35pm On Feb 27, 2010
Hello naira landers please i will like to know d cost of building a 4/5 bedroom duplex from fuondation level any means of assistance will be very much appreciated, thanks[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 27, 2010
Include location, type of land, and be specific. Theres a difference between 4 or 5. If its 4, let it be 4 sir.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by larrygold: 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2010
thanks so much Mr aasog, the land is in Sagamu area and i think it is a dry area thuogh i am already done with the fence and gate just waiting for the plan , But in the mean time i want to know what the expences looks like , thanks so much i will me much grateful,
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by larrygold: 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2010
thanks so much Mr aasog, the land is in Sagamu area and i think it is a dry area thuogh i am already done with the fence and gate just waiting for the plan , But in the mean time i want to know what the expences looks like , thanks so much i will be much grateful,
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 28, 2010
[b]1. Foundation: (Foundation layout, rough carpentry for columns/pillars, iron casting, filling, 4 coach pvc, german floor, and foundational plumbing and electrical pipe layout for conduit)

1 tonne of 12mm steel, #110,000
100 bags of cement, @ #1800 per 1 = #180,000
1,000 pcs of 9x9 blocks @ 150 per 1 = #150,000
5 dozens of rings and binding wires = #5,000
1x12 abara wood 30 pieces @ #800 per 1 = #24,000
20 pieces of 10x12 @ 650 per 1 = #13,000
clearing and digging of new foundation #250,000
1 trucks of 20 tonnes gravel @ #50,000 per 1 = #50,000 (for foundation casting)
4 trucks of sharp sand @ #20,000 per 1 = #80,000
2 trucks of dagbolu sand @ #20,000 per 1 = #40,000
10 trucks of red/white mixed fillings #15,000 = #150,000 (Filling will be used for the pvc. usually, red and white filling when mixed becomes stone hard when touched by water, )

2. Erection: (Mansory works, rooms partioning, wall extension, pillars reinforcement, lintels, window & doors outlines, general flooring, )

3,000 pcs of blocks of 9x9 @ #150 per 1 = #450,000
10 trucks of sharp sand @ #20,000 per 1 = #140,000
3 trucks of dagbolu sand @ #20,000 per 1 = #60,000
110 bags of cement @ #1800 per 1 = #198,000
6 trucks of gravel @ (for columns) and lintels, and window fenestration design, and entire flooring @ #50,000 per 1 = #300,000

PS: (we wont buy anywood, as we will re-use the abara used for the foundation for the pillar, column, lintel, etc. Abara can be used for 2 to 3 building projects if carefully preserved)

3. Roofing & Finishing:
(General carpentry: Rough carpentry for Roofing, and smooth carpentry for furniture works: cupboards, wardrobes, doors, POP, window nets. Plastering, utilities works: electrical, plumbing: toilet sinks, kitchnette, tiling, smooth carpentry ie furniture works, doors, windows, kitechnette, electrical poles, sewage, landscaping, painting, etc)

60 bags of cement for @ 1800 per 1 = #108,000
4 trucks of dagbolu sand @ #20,000 per 1 = #80,000
1 trucks of sharp sand @ #20,000 per one = #20,000
General carpentry work (roofing, furnitures, etc) = #1,700,000
General utilites (tiling, electrical, plumbing, digging well, pumping machine, geepee tank, painting etc) = #1,300,000

I wont charge alot. You are building moderately, and the land is perfect. Pay me #500,000 for S&A (Supervision & Administration) and Collateral.
Total = #5,932,000 Currently a happy builder for 2 nlanders, and no one is complaining or displeased. Will be my pleasure to add you. Call or email me: adetund19@yahoo.com

9 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 28, 2010
thats an estimate for a 4 bedroom bungalow. can you email me and let me know if it will be 4 or 5 bedroom duplex. sorry for the mistake.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by ajileko: 3:28pm On Feb 28, 2010
I think the poster requested for a 4/5 bedrooms duplex. I did not see the pricing for plastering and soft sand. Also tell me what is dagbolu sand ?  You also mentioned that you've build for 2 nairaland members and that they are very happy. Can you disclose the members for reference purpose.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by babydoc: 3:51pm On Feb 28, 2010
pls give the details of your nairaland customers for  references
i v 3 plots at mowefor development
presently  doing the fencing project
does this quote cover painting as well?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 28, 2010
Ibogurrl. started her project in jan, 5 bedroom duplex and 2 units of 2 bedroom BQ. i signed the necessary papers like I usually do, job must finish before the end of July and not a single day extra.
Another nlander based in London, I have his phone number and never asked for his ID, I think I will start asking right now. I have worked and built for 2 others last year, will try and ask for the IDs.
And I have helped 2 current nlanders, meet and straightened their greedy contractors. Both are: larimo and kiki2000
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 28, 2010
also did a 19 acres fencing for ibogurrl in Dagunja Village, Owode, Ogun State and im confident im getting the building contract for some building project there.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2010
@babydoc

ofcourse. Painting falls under general utilities estimate.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by larrygold: 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2010
According to the plan,thuogh not yet out, It is going to be a 4 bedroom duplex with 3 living room downstairs,each room with its toilet .a large sitting room and a kitchen , while upstairs will be a room ,1 sitting room and obviously a toilet, thanks so much mr aasog and the rest on spending your wonderful time encouraging  people who are aspiring to own a  house ,
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 28, 2010
@ajileko

dagbolu: plastering sand. usually mixed with sharp sand to create thickness and softness. helps makes masonry work a lot more cleaner and less rough.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 28, 2010
@larrygold

you are very welcome sir. please send me a copy of the plan once its ready. it will help get you a precise estimate that wont necessitate extra expenses later. best of luck with getting your dream home.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by bamidele6: 7:42pm On Feb 28, 2010
i'm architect bamidele ayodeji festus from ikorodu local govt. bill of quantity of building material and the cost varies interms of the designs and the location. since the location have been ascertain, so let talk interms of design, materials, and labour .
firstly we need the designs on computer aided machine, will cost you #40,000 excluding structure drawning
structure prepare by the structure engineers, just to shown colomn, beam, and the structure movement of the building.
materials may be plus or minus
blocks 7500pieces at the rate of 140 per 1
cement 120 for only the ground floor plan including casting of the colomn
pls for accurate costing the plan would be needed. if the designs can be given to us, we promise to input our best thanks.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by abbyode(m): 10:36pm On Feb 28, 2010
aasog,

I am about starting a 5-bedroom twin duplex project in Ikorodu.
Please send me an email on abiodunode@yahoo.com to see whether we can work together.
Thanks.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 01, 2010
:p
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by bamidele6: 8:48pm On Mar 01, 2010
here are my details
email address bamidele_01@yahoo.com
tel.08020392696, 07042212252
office address
65,star palace hotel igbogbo ikorodu
along bayeku road igbogbo ikorodu
local govt area lagos state.
i will be glad if we can be given a trial, design and build is our work, just to make your dream reality. arch. festus bamidele ayodeji
iko
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by brabus(m): 4:38am On Mar 25, 2010
aasog,

I'm just abt starting a 3 bedroom bungalow with a penthouse having 1 bedroom, private sitting all ensuite. Pls furnish me with info on materials. My site is also in sagamu like Larrygold's and have already made provision for 1500 blocks, 25 tonnes granite, 25 tonnes sand dust, 50 lengths of 12mm iron (nigeria) and 100 bags of cement. Pls advice how far this can take me.

also the site is very close to a small stream, i have a well already dug at the site for construction, it has 6 rings with water level at 3 ring.

hope all this my stories can help you coin out sometin

thanks.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by bamidele6: 3:53pm On Mar 25, 2010
hello mr brabus
we are one, the blocks can not be enough, you we need 4800 pices of blocks, cement you need additional 50 bags to make the slab,the iron rod you we need 11/2 ton (oneand half ton) because some part would be raft why other could be strip foundation.pls to which level are u taking the project.that would determined all the labour charge.but if u are starting let us have your plan then we can actually ascertain your cost with effective management.we are reasonable in our charges and dealing.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by adebaxton(m): 6:54pm On Mar 25, 2010
Re: Aluminium Roofing Job
« #2 on: Today at 12:30:03 PM »
Modify message
For Quality service in your Constructional Projects all over the Country.
We offer the Best service for your Constructional Projects ranging from:

1.Concrete Floor i.e German Floor.
2.Deck Casting.
3.Concrete Foundation.
4.Drainage Construction.
5.Full/Part Building Constructions.
6.Roofing and General Wood Works.
Are you a Civil,Structural,Building Engineer or Individual who needs our service in the services listed above you can contact us for the Best and Affordable service all over the Country.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by Fhemmmy: 10:33pm On Mar 25, 2010
I have learnt a lot from this thread, keep it up guy

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by JohnKester: 8:06pm On Apr 11, 2010
I am planning to commence the construction of a duplex in Rivers State.

I have a little challenge with sourcing the materials I want to use which is HYDRAFORM INTERLOCKING DRY STACKING BLOCKS. I currently live in a house built with Hydraform and after this experience it will be extremely difficult to live in a regular cement block house because of the heat emitting characteristic of cement block which hydraform does not have, being made from laterite (red mud) soil.

Does anyone know where I can source the hydraform in Rivers State.

Thanks for the help.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 11, 2010
[b]I am not sure why you want to use an earth-quake resistant block for your home in Nigeria sir. Of course the Hydra-form blocks are far better and stronger than our normal hollow blocks here but most are used basically in countries like South Africa, the middle east, India, and California in the US. But under engineering, they serve a totally different purpose and not a MUST when building in an earthquake free zone like Nigeria.
Even in Dubai where they have low magnitude earthquakes once a while, the hollow blocks we use in Nigeria are highly used, though they tend to bury a shocking large amount of steel and concrete deep into the ground for an ordinary foundation, and their home foundations are usually subcontracted to road builders. I mean, they spend fortunes on reinforced concretization to beat the earthquake, and they've prevailed.
Hydra-form blocks are good blocks to use, but totally a waste of money sir. Whoever is selling it to you doesnt really understand that its only quality is just thermal and tremor resistance. Besides that, its just an ordinary block. Best of luck in finding a Lebanese or Indian construction company that will set that up for you.[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by JohnKester: 2:10am On Apr 12, 2010
Thanks for the response.

The idea is not being sold to me but something I want to do. I said I currently live an hydraform built house. Actually hydraform company has a different material for construction of earthquake resistant houses and that is not what I am referring to. In terms of cost, it is actually cheaper to built with hydraform than conventional blocks. In addition, in our own climate which is very hot, hydraform becomes the better material to use. If you have ever been inside a mud house in a hot afternoon, you will understand what I am saying. In the same way, if you sleep in cement block house after a very hot day, and there is no light for you to run your fan or airconditioner, you will value hydraform if you have the opportunity to sleep in one under the same circumstances.

I still need information on the possible sources.

Thanks once again for your response.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2010
no problem sir. best of luck sir

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by katki: 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2010
Go to Hydraform website,they have their rep office at Abuja.They do go self locking bricks.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by DCGUY: 5:31pm On Jul 10, 2011
great thread!!!
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by DCGUY: 10:58pm On Aug 06, 2011
can anyone give me the cost a 6 bedroom raft foundation and german floor in sangotedo, lekki, ajah area, lagos.
Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by kengeorge: 12:56pm On Sep 08, 2011
Please, I would like to know the cost of building a 4 bedroom duplex with 2 sitting rooms one downstairs and one upstairs and a mini theater and library. the masters bedroom, first sitting room and kitchen would have considerable large space( I like space). The Land is situated around awoyaya (Ajah) and its a dry land. please u can email me on kengeorgewests@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by Sylvan(m): 10:23pm On Oct 19, 2011
JohnKester:

I am planning to commence the construction of a duplex in Rivers State.

I have a little challenge with sourcing the materials I want to use which is HYDRAFORM INTERLOCKING DRY STACKING BLOCKS. I currently live in a house built with Hydraform and after this experience it will be extremely difficult to live in a regular cement block house because of the heat emitting characteristic of cement block which hydraform does not have, being made from laterite (red mud) soil.

Does anyone know where I can source the hydraform in Rivers State.

Thanks for the help.
JohnKester, any success with finding a souce for the Hydraform bricks? I am also interested in it. And I am in PH as well.
I would be glad if you could also direct me to any building made with the bricks as I haven't seen it up close before.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A 4/5 Bedroom Duplex From Fuondation Level by qualmsfree: 11:36pm On Dec 11, 2011
I'm looking to build a 5 bedroom duplex at Okun Mapo with BQ and would like an estimate as to the cost from foundation. I do not have a design for the duplex yet and require assistance in this area as well.

Can assog pls send me his contact details?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Many Blocks And Bags Of Cement Will Completed 3 Bedroom Flat Foundation. / Security/armored Doors, Burglary Proofs & Aluminium Windows @ Ur Service / Modern Interior Painting {professional Ideas} Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.