Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,559 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

How To Grow Long, Shiny, And Healthy Hair In 5 Simple Ways! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Grow Long, Shiny, And Healthy Hair In 5 Simple Ways! (570 Views)

Ghanaian Man Snoring While Barbing His Hair In A Salon (Video) / Barber Used Knife To Style Man's Hair In Benin / How To Grow Long Thick Hair With Onions – World’s Best Remedy For Hair Growth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Grow Long, Shiny, And Healthy Hair In 5 Simple Ways! by AskAnExpertApp: 2:17pm On Sep 14, 2017
Growing healthy hair seems impossible to most ladies; and everyone with “good hair” is usually considered to be from a place where ladies have long hair! Most ladies see my hair [see picture below] and the first question they ask is: “Where are you from?” Others ask if my mother and sisters have long hair. Some others go: “What products do you use?”

It makes me sad to realise how little is known about the hair, and even sadder because healthy hair is so achievable! You have to be born with it, so everyone thinks. This is an opportunity to correct all those lies, and help you grow the healthy and desirable hair—that is all yours, (not Brazilian or Peruvian hairs, unless, of course, you are from Brazil or Peru!).

It will, however, require a total change in the way we think about your hair, and some changes in your hair-care routines.

#1. Reduce the frequency of chemical treatments(like relaxers and dyes)

This is the best thing you can do! Some people stop them completely and may have even better results. These chemicals destroy the basic bonds in your hair strands. Reducing the frequency of touch-ups lessens the likelihood that you will overlap treatments which will further weaken already weak portions . I recommend at least 10 weeks interval between treatments (if you must)!

#2: Always keep your scalp clean!

Contrary to popular belief, the scalp loves to be clean and fresh, and the hair loves water! Cleansing your hair at least once a week gives you both benefits. You can do this by washing with a non-drying shampoo, or using other no-poo methods like the use of cheap conditioners, soap, baking soda, etc. I prefer shampoos (and why, my friend, is a story for another day!)

#3: Make deep conditioning part of your routine.

After every wash, your hair is made stronger by applying a deep conditioner on the sectioned part, and leaving that under a shower-cap(with heat, if you can). This lifts the cuticle and infuses the strands with molecules of moisture (or protein) that rebuild the strands and keeps it soft and pliable.

#4: Ensure your hair is always well moisturized.

Applying a moisturizer once or twice daily ensures that it is always kept soft and strong (and that “soft and strong” sounds like an irony right?) Dry hair is prone to breakage and moisturizing is a sure way to prevent dryness. After moisturizing the sectioned hair, it is an added advantage to apply a natural oil (or butter) to keep the moisture in for a longer period and for a brighter shine.

#5. Treat your hair with T.L.C ( Tender Loving Care)

Be gentle on your hair! Avoid vigorous combing, the use of direct heat (like flat irons), the use of hair “snatchers” such as rubber bands (rubber-rings), or anything in general that pulls at the strands. Your hair is precious—treat it as such!It takes determination to make these changes; and you have to consistently practice them; but if you are persistent, getting the hair of your dreams is only a matter of time! Your hair is like a flower; nurture it and it will grow!

Dr. Unekwu Negedu,
Medical Doctor,
Federal Medical Centre, Keffi; and Co-founder of Nature Strands
[Ask an Expert today!!!]

(1) (Reply)

Hair Straightener Brush- Christmas Stylish Look / Checkout These Awesome Designs And Dresses By A Nairalander / Affordable And Beautiful Ankara Earrings -order Now !!.buy Two Get One Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.