Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse (11786 Views)

Can One Be Punished In A Work Place Without, Giving Code Of Conduct? / Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase / 5 Ways To Maintain A Work-life Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by magazineguy(m): 4:46pm On Sep 14, 2017
Everyone deserves a work environment that feels as warm as home and as comforting as the charm of a good friend. That is why YOU need a work spouse [husband/wife] in your workspace.

A work spouse is a co-worker with whom you share a close relationship and bond with. A colleague whose intentions towards you are pure and as sure as the rising sun.

Truth be told, you need an office BFF!

Don’t go looking for a work spouse because you might end up shooting yourself in the foot. Give it time, understand your work environment and colleagues and when your spouse comes, they will fit perfectly like a glove.

Not everyone will have one. But here are the reasons why YOU deserve one.

You need TRUST!
Work places are like the wild life. You are never certain of who to trust and who has the best possible intentions towards you. You are always looking over your shoulder, hoping to sight the dagger before it lands. A work spouse is the calm in the storm.

You trust this person enough to share your work struggles and limitations with and the person is always on hand to help you with finding solutions.

Finally, someone gets YOU, Yes!
Imagine being in a work environment where you feel you don’t fit perfectly. Like your first day in high school … you haven’t earned your sit at the table yet.

Having a work BFF who totally gets you and your insecurities will go a long way with you settling fully in your work environment. A work BFF who is able to make you laugh, goof up and still help you achieve optimum productivity in the work place is pure gold.

You can Vent all you want!
When you are irritated or have grievances that has you peach red, a work spouse is the to-go place to VENT. Just let it flow

You missed your deadline? A work colleague is sitting on your last nerve? Your boss gives another of the many insurmountable expectations?… Whatever it is, your work spouse is there for support to lend an ear and a shoulder to lean on. You can talk to your work spouse about them all and leave all that bad energy behind while you go home calm and collected.

Get you a work spouse!

No competition.
There is nothing as calming and as relieving as having to not be in a competition with anyone especially a colleague. In an environment where you are trying to meet deadlines, outperform the rest of the team so as to win the employer of the month plaque or a raise for a down payment of the house, a work spouse increases productivity by not being a competition but a support system.

You are not alone in this. You have support from someone who is willing to chip in and enable you with tools to increase work productivity.

I love Mondays!
Most people never end up finding the perfect work spouse. Some enter into one chance and end up with the worst of the worst but for the lucky few who end up having work BFFs, work becomes the best place to be everyday of the week.

With work colleagues Mondays couldn’t come any faster!

Work becomes more light weight and the best feeling in the world is walking into the building looking forward to meeting your BFF who has plastered on their face the perfect smile.

Their utter honesty, support, understanding and friendship are the perfect therapy to any stiff work environment.

NB: Never mix business with pleasure. Do not spoil a perfectly good relationship by putting SEX in the mix. The moment you do that you have ruined an almost perfect relationship. It’s like mixing crude oil in perfectly made noodle soup or jollof rice.

I have had very good work colleagues in the past and I still remain in very close communication with them. We maintain a very strong and supportive bond.

Source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/5-reasons-deserve-work-spouse/

cc
lalasticala, mynd44, dominique

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by DanielsParker(m): 7:30am On Sep 15, 2017
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by BoyHuncho(m): 7:30am On Sep 15, 2017
[s] In summary, you need someone you can kpansh on ur office table [/s]

Nice thread op smiley

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by YelloweWest: 7:31am On Sep 15, 2017
Op I don't understand.

Work with my spouse or have a spouse at work?

Which is it?

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 15, 2017
This is some stupid Shìt right here...I don't need friends in Office, I can never trust a colleague, OP the Professional world is cut throat...Why The hell would I want to discuss Work with My professional peers? Nothing like loyalty..

11 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 15, 2017
Never mix business with pleasure. Do not spoil a perfectly good relationship by putting SEX in the mix. The moment you do that you have ruined an almost perfect relationship.
I was really enjoying the article until I got to this part, now the whole write up makes no sense to me again.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by BreezyCB(m): 7:32am On Sep 15, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by silasweb(m): 7:32am On Sep 15, 2017
Thanks for the tips
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by guitarmanpharell(m): 7:33am On Sep 15, 2017
Uhnn..d end of the day.. They turn fxck buddies

:O

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by Tattooboy: 7:34am On Sep 15, 2017
True @op. Not including sex in d relationship is just the best thing to do. Experience thought me that.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by babyfaceafrica: 7:34am On Sep 15, 2017
Its unethical
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by Ghnaija(m): 7:34am On Sep 15, 2017
K
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by richyfunky(m): 7:34am On Sep 15, 2017
Well said... ...... A good work spouse is a good support system
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by okenwa(m): 7:35am On Sep 15, 2017
What about tea girls and secretary?

They play the role
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by Florblu(f): 7:35am On Sep 15, 2017
The disadvantages out weighs the advantages.
Since you get to spend more time with your work spouse, you might start catching unnecessary feelings especially if you are seeing everything you want in a man in him or when he/she is doing what you expect your husband/wife to do.

Reason why we fall in love is because of the attention we give or get from our lover.So if I'm getting good attention and steady care from my work spouse what will stop me from catching feelings?

15 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by 9jayes: 7:37am On Sep 15, 2017
You are promoting immortality in a work environment
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by Roon9(m): 7:38am On Sep 15, 2017
Ifa hear! You get to spend more time with the seemingly harmless spouse, and it's only a matter of time before things completely gets out of hand.

It's a risky move

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by HomeTutor1(f): 7:38am On Sep 15, 2017
magazineguy:
Everyone deserves a work environment that feels as warm as home and as comforting as the charm of a good friend. That is why YOU need a work spouse [husband/wife] in your workspace.

A work spouse is a co-worker with whom you share a close relationship and bond with. A colleague whose intentions towards you are pure and as sure as the rising sun.

Don’t go looking for a work spouse because you might end up shooting yourself in the foot. Give it time, understand your work environment and colleagues and when your spouse comes, they will fit perfectly like a glove.

You need TRUST!
Work places are like the wild life. You are never certain of who to trust and who has the best possible intentions towards you. You are always looking over your shoulder, hoping to sight the dagger before it lands. A work spouse is the calm in the storm.

You trust this person enough to share your work struggles and limitations with and the person is always on hand to help you with finding solutions.

Imagine being in a work environment where you feel you don’t fit perfectly. Like your first day in high school … you haven’t earned your sit at the table yet.

Having a work BFF who totally gets you and your insecurities will go a long way with you settling fully in your work environment. A work BFF who is able to make you laugh, goof up and still help you achieve optimum productivity in the work place is pure gold.

When you are irritated or have grievances that has you peach red, a work spouse is the to-go place to VENT. Just let it flow

You missed your deadline? A work colleague is sitting on your last nerve? Your boss gives another of the many insurmountable expectations?… Whatever it is, your work spouse is there for support to lend an ear and a shoulder to lean on. You can talk to your work spouse about them all and leave all that bad energy behind while you go home calm and collected.

Get you a work spouse!

No competition.
There is nothing as calming and as relieving as having to not be in a competition with anyone especially a colleague. In an environment where you are trying to meet deadlines, outperform the rest of the team so as to win the employer of the month plaque or a raise for a down payment of the house, a work spouse increases productivity by not being a competition but a support system.

You are not alone in this. You have support from someone who is willing to chip in and enable you with tools to increase work productivity.

I love Mondays!
Most people never end up finding the perfect work spouse. Some enter into one chance and end up with the worst of the worst but for the lucky few who end up having work BFFs, work becomes the best place to be everyday of the week.

Work becomes more light weight and the best feeling in the world is walking into the building looking forward to meeting your BFF who has plastered on their face the perfect smile.

Their utter honesty, support, understanding and friendship are the perfect therapy to any stiff work environment.

NB: Never mix business with pleasure. Do not spoil a perfectly good relationship by putting SEX in the mix. The moment you do that you have ruined an almost perfect relationship. It’s like mixing crude oil in perfectly made noodle soup or jollof rice.

I have had very good work colleagues in the past and I still remain in very close communication with them. We maintain a very strong and supportive bond.

cc
I can never engage in such act again. Your work spouse also has another friends that is Leaking your secret to the CEO Or Other staff. Just be yourself and be Happy

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by Acidosis(m): 7:38am On Sep 15, 2017
This is crazy.

This shouldn't have been on the front-page.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by tlops(m): 7:38am On Sep 15, 2017
Vanquay:
This is some stupid Shìt right here...I don't need friends in Office, I can never trust a colleague, OP the Professional world is cut throat,
Nothing like loyalty..
Well, the OP has a point and if you work in a decent place you will know it is not a do or die job. I know the banking environment can be cut throat but teaching environment is fun with a work-BFF.

It will be difficult to draw a line between work and pleasure if is the bff is of opposite sex. There is hardly a way where intentions won't be twisted. For me it is a gray-zone No-NO!

Aha ... my office spouse just entered and we're going to have TGIF together.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by Iamzik: 7:38am On Sep 15, 2017
Op work spouse Kwa?

That was how it started it 1938 until the man fell in love with the work spouse and sent his wife parking....

Develop a close working relationship with colleagues as much as you can but it shouldn't go beyond that.... Nothing like office spouse. No play play e take dey start o

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by Majesticniyi(m): 7:39am On Sep 15, 2017
This is so stupid. So you are telling to emotionally cheat on my wife with someone at work?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by kulay1(m): 7:40am On Sep 15, 2017
Honestly nothing is as soothing as having a cushion to lean on. sharing ur burdens in a friendless, hostile and stressful work environment.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by Iamzik: 7:41am On Sep 15, 2017
Florblu:
Since you get to spend more time with your work spouse, you might start catching unnecessary feelings especially if you are seeing everything you want in a man in him or when he/she is doing what you expect your husband/wife to do.

Reason why we fall in love is because of the attention we give or get from our lover.So if I'm getting good attention and steady care from my work spouse what will stop me from catching feelings?

Gbam! Bless your soul

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by Trottle: 7:41am On Sep 15, 2017
magazineguy:

You need TRUST!

Get you a work spouse!

No competition.

I love Mondays!

cc

What is this NONSENSE that you just posted! And it even got to the front page?! undecided

So you want people to start sharing their intimate moments (crazy, calm, fearful etc) that should be rightfully shared with your LEGALLY MARRIED SPOUSE with OTHER peoples spouses?? undecided

How do you expect a man and woman to keep sharing intimate moments without SEX/INTIMACY coming into the equation. Have we now sunk that low as humans No wonder extramarital affairs and unnecessary marriage wobbles are on the rise.

Follow the OP at your peril!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 15, 2017
Office romance!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by Trottle: 7:44am On Sep 15, 2017
Acidosis:
This is crazy.

This shouldn't have been on the front-page.

On point. It beats me why.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by tlops(m): 7:44am On Sep 15, 2017
well, it is an opinion.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by Ayoswit(f): 7:46am On Sep 15, 2017
K
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by Atulatula: 7:53am On Sep 15, 2017
Florblu:

Thank you for bringing sane thoughts into this topic of sheer madness!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Deserve A Work Spouse by MuyiRano(m): 7:56am On Sep 15, 2017
Crap

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? / As A Single Guy How Do You Deal With Work Stress? / Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.