Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:54 AM

How Do I Cope with not smoking for some days? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Cope with not smoking for some days? (772 Views)

Man's Skin Turns Yellow After Drinking And Smoking For Over 30 Years (photos) / How Can I Cope With My Challenge? / Some Days Are Just Like Volcanoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Cope with not smoking for some days? by johnkey: 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2017
So I'm to quit smoking for abt one week due to some spiritual strugga (note that I never smoke cigarettes, just grass) it's going to be hell for me.

Any tips on how to cope?

I started smoking cause I'm hot tempered and anxious, it changed who I was, most people tells me I'm the most gentle guy they ever meet but now.
Re: How Do I Cope with not smoking for some days? by Tamass: 4:57pm On Sep 14, 2017
By not getting addicted to it! wink

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope with not smoking for some days? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2017
shift to sk
Re: How Do I Cope with not smoking for some days? by abelprice(m): 5:13pm On Sep 14, 2017
My guy it's not easy o.... there is no cure it all fall down to your will of not wrapping or smoking the weed... jst continue your spiritual stuf... undecided... there is no cure..... there is just will.... undecided
Re: How Do I Cope with not smoking for some days? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 14, 2017
Do Cocaine!
Re: How Do I Cope with not smoking for some days? by johnkey: 6:07pm On Sep 14, 2017
adetoroamos:
shift to sk
skunk is sk
Re: How Do I Cope with not smoking for some days? by johnkey: 6:08pm On Sep 14, 2017
TarOrfeek:
Do Cocaine!
haha no bro
Re: How Do I Cope with not smoking for some days? by Hoseaovo(m): 6:32pm On Sep 14, 2017
johnkey:
So I quit smoking 2 days ago due to some spiritual stuffs (note that I never smoke cigarettes, just skunk and sometimes weed) it's been hell for me like I haven't been myself for 2 days, walking dead. Usually I take 5-8 sticks Everyday for 3 years. I started smoking cause I'm hot tempered and the smoke calms me down whenever I'm high, it changed who I was, most people tells me I'm the most gentle guy they ever meet but now I feel like hell, Please how do I get over this. Thanks in advance.
What your experiencing is withdrawal symptoms. The very symptom that tries to prevent you from quitting. Depending on your how long and whether you are a heavy smoker or not, it can take between 2 weeks to 2months for the symptoms to subside. But trust me it won't do you any harm.
Firstly ask God for help.
Secondly, avoid those joints were u usually hang out to smoke and if possible avoid your colleagues
Thirdly, exercise daily. The chemical compounds (HTC or whatever it's called) in weed that gets you high usually sticks to your fatty cells. So the more calories you burn the faster the chemicals gets out your system. Bath more of warm water.
Also, avoid caffeinated drink for the time being.
You can as well speak with a doctor if you get too uncomfortable.
Good luck to you on this struggle. Its isn't easy but trust me you I'll be glad you did.
Re: How Do I Cope with not smoking for some days? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 14, 2017
johnkey:
So I quit smoking 2 days ago due to some spiritual stuffs (note that I never smoke cigarettes, just skunk and sometimes weed) it's been hell for me like I haven't been myself for 2 days, walking dead. Usually I take 5-8 sticks Everyday for 3 years. I started smoking cause I'm hot tempered and the smoke calms me down whenever I'm high, it changed who I was, most people tells me I'm the most gentle guy they ever meet but now I feel like hell, Please how do I get over this. Thanks in advance.

Same as you except for longer years much longer years, however 5-8 sticks is a bit much though i usually stick to 2 then again I smoke Arizona, and SK and rarely Loud, and my reason was mostly depression as I easily get sad and tend to over-think and often walk around that suicide thought (but will never act on it) mehn I won't lie am not over it I don't really see it as a problem as am not addicted, I only tend to use it when there's too much stuff on my mind, I would advise you find something to keep you engaged however , I think your anger is a bigger issue also, probably if you got rid of your anger you might be able to kill two birds with one stone, but obviously for 3 years you should start having some side effects from withdrawing because I notice these days I feel like things are not how do i describe it, feel real not sure if you get what i mean, things feel hazy. All the best bro
Re: How Do I Cope with not smoking for some days? by victoriaify1992: 1:05pm On Apr 16, 2020
Please I tried to reply your message I think the admin removed my post I don't know. But I just tried sending you an email maybe you can check it please. Check my profile and check my posts you will remember who is talking please thank you so much
johnkey:
So I'm to quit smoking for abt one week due to some spiritual strugga (note that I never smoke cigarettes, just grass) it's going to be hell for me.

Any tips on how to cope?

I started smoking cause I'm hot tempered and anxious, it changed who I was, most people tells me I'm the most gentle guy they ever meet but now.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Who Was Told She Will Never Wear Shoes Again, Shares Testimony (photos) / How To Make Avocado Oil For Your Skin And Hair / HELP: Bump / Boil / Growth On The Upper Part Of Private Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.