Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! (40850 Views)

Ugly Experience With Australian Embassy / Comparison Btw Abc Transport And Cross-country To Accra / My Horrible Experience With Cross Country Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by 360command: 5:19am On Oct 24, 2017
I remembered then in ghana when I am traveling within ghana, while waiting for the bus to full, AC is on. Entering their coaches is better than been on the plane(VIP bus comes to mind).

My country nigeria with the oil cannot give me AC. The way we do things in nigeria makes us animals.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by Atk1nson(m): 6:15am On Oct 24, 2017
queenfav:
Bros, airlines still have their own issues o. Just pray for a smooth trip.I was trying to book a flight from Abuja to Lagos sometime in June. There was one for 10 am and 3pm,something just told me to book the 3pm even though I wasn't doing anything that day. I woke up, watched movies and slept very well then left for the airport by 2.15pm.Lo and behold, people scheduled to travel with the 10 am flight were still waiting in the lounge. The flight delay cost many persons their important appointments . Guess when we left for lagos? Some minutes to 5pm.I got to Lagos and was rushing like a mad woman to get cab that would take me to ojota to board a vehicle to Ibadan. God saved me that day cos I was lucky to meet a bus that had just one seat left. My boss's wife flew from Lagos to London. They got to Heathrow and she discovered that her luggage was not airlifted from Lagos. It took the airline 4 days to get her luggage across to her from Lagos. So whether air travel or by road. You still stand to experience some hassles. In fact when some airlines show u, you will be looking at your ticket, wondering if dem jazz you to pay that much flight fee and still be getting crappy service.

Sounds like Arik

4 Likes

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by lazygal: 6:37am On Oct 24, 2017
rawpadgin:
Instead of u to come online com spoil business for the company while u nor just stop patronizing them?

Do u know that what you just did can make the company go extinct?

Only pessimists see the bad in challenges.CROSS CPUNTEY SHOULD SEE THIS AS A STEP TO BECOME BETTER ..IF WE KEEP CONDONING SERVICE FAILURES THEN HOW CAN WE PROGRESS?
WHAT IF THOSE ROBBERS HAD SUCCEEDED AND OP amongst others were killed,raped and kidnapped?

Nigerians cannot keep making this companies richer yet those companies don't value them

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by Mambox: 6:40am On Oct 24, 2017
Try PMT
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by toprealman: 7:21am On Oct 24, 2017
Obinnau:
It's not a funny story... but it's funny sha.
In all my cross country travels from port Harcourt to sokoto or Lagos to north, there is rarely none of them without incidence. I have come to accept armed robbery attacks as a normal routine of travel. But I have learnt a way to beat that.
Most of these established transport companies are have nonsense customer service because they believe you the passenger can't do shait, which is largely true.
Whenever you must travel by road, make sure you ask to see the vehicle, dont ask the loaders or the supposed driver but ask directly from any driver you see in his vehicle, plan your trip to stop at dusk at designated places you can lodge overnight.
But then, not all things can be fore-planned. Sorry for your experience but it's normal routine.
Obinnau:
It's not a funny story... but it's funny sha.
In all my cross country travels from port Harcourt to sokoto or Lagos to north, there is rarely none of them without incidence. I have come to accept armed robbery attacks as a normal routine of travel. But I have learnt a way to beat that.
Most of these established transport companies are have nonsense customer service because they believe you the passenger can't do shait, which is largely true.
Whenever you must travel by road, make sure you ask to see the vehicle, dont ask the loaders or the supposed driver but ask directly from any driver you see in his vehicle, plan your trip to stop at dusk at designated places you can lodge overnight.
But then, not all things can be fore-planned. Sorry for your experience but it's normal routine.
"I have come to accept armed robbery attacks as a normal routine of travel.....but have learnt how to beat that....". Those are strong words......how do you mean
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by dedons: 7:26am On Oct 24, 2017
grayht:
let's wait to hear another story from "The young shall grow"

am enjoying this series...
The young shall grow have very arrogant set of drivers.

I'm speaking from experience.

2 Likes

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by comos: 7:30am On Oct 24, 2017
seems the dude is on a mission to tarnish the company's image,

For a man of his status as he claim, he should have chartered a private wagon to Jos.

Moreover, travelling from Akure to Lagos, to board a transport service to jos shows his low intellect level.
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by queenfav(f): 7:35am On Oct 24, 2017
Atk1nson:

Sounds like Arik
How u take know? So people have known them for things like this?I am done with them, I jejely do aero or overland now.

1 Like

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 24, 2017
queenfav:
In fact when some airlines show u, you will be looking at your ticket, wondering if dem jazz you to pay that much flight fee and still be getting crappy service.

This part just cracked me up!

Well, let's keep hoping for the best. As it stands now, Nigeria's transportation system is nothing to write home about.
I just pray they revamp the sector.

1 Like

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by TemmyTee82(f): 8:23am On Oct 24, 2017
[/b]
teelaw4life:

You know absolutely well that i meant the same thing except that i didn't put the accent on the 'e' because i don't know how to with my phone. Anyway, it's not right to assume that OP made an error by typing 'fiance' instead of 'fiancee'. Until OP confirms that it's 'fiancee' and not 'fiance', let's work with the available fact instead of an assumption. OP is a lady. grin grin grin

Ou don't know though. Enough naija babes dey wey be say dem dey capable to take care of themselves and their partner. E no good to generalise.

Hmmmm. This guy sha. cheesy He sha wants OP to be a lady so he would have hopes of toasting her one day. Oya come let me burst your bubble. You see this quote below me,

" When we got to Lokoja he got someone to fix the over heating. I wanted to pick something from my box only to discover that a box that contained my suit for the event which I was the best man for was already missing.. I told the driver and he assured me that the Ibadan manager will send it to Jos the next day..."

It af said it all. Except OP come be transvestite sha.

You ought to pay me for this info sha.

sad

2 Likes

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by TemmyTee82(f): 8:26am On Oct 24, 2017
queenfav:
lol.. Sharp babe. Why is boo there na? If not to pamper me throughout the journey.

Na so jere. Which kain yawa be dat one?
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by ateka7777: 9:40am On Oct 24, 2017
My experience with Cross-country. Pls note that this is not an attempt to smear or bring to disrepute this Organizations.
It was about 4 years ago ,I booked a ticket to Sokoto because flight was expensive.
The driver was irresponsible.
We left late.
When we got where we were supposed to branch the way to Kontangora to link Yauri road to Sokoto ...do u know the Driver went straight to Kaduna. I never knew he carried different towns in the bus. I complained the driver said it was an order from management to reach Kaduna first before sokoto.
When we got near to Kaduna the driver branched to eat and wasted over 2 hrs.
I was disturbed. So when we got to Kaduna around 9pm the driver shouted ' Ebenezery !!!! ...ni ibi yi ni oluwa ranmi lowo de! Meaning ...he has reached his full stop.

We were made to collect our transport money back to sokoto or sleep in the garage overnight

Any way to cut the long story short ,I called a friend who called his brother to allow me sleep in their house.
It was a traumatic experience.
I ve vowed not to enter Cross country again since then

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by teelaw4life(m): 11:42am On Oct 24, 2017
TemmyTee82:

[/b]

Hmmmm. This guy sha. cheesy He sha wants OP to be a lady so he would have hopes of toasting her one day. Oya come let me burst your bubble. You see this quote below me,

" When we got to Lokoja he got someone to fix the over heating. I wanted to pick something from my box only to discover that a box that contained my suit for the event which I was the best man for was already missing.. I told the driver and he assured me that the Ibadan manager will send it to Jos the next day..."

It af said it all. Except OP come be transvestite sha.

You ought to pay me for this info sha.

sad

grin grin grin LMAO. I agree with you oo. OP is a natural "befuddler".

Oya send your details let us arrange your settlement. Your desire to make sure say i accept the right thing needs to be encouraged... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by MarieSucre(f): 12:06pm On Oct 24, 2017
rawpadgin:
Instead of u to come online com spoil business for the company while u nor just stop patronizing them?

Do u know that what you just did can make the company go extinct?

It's better they go extinct than keep endangering lives. What is wrong with Nigerians sef, someone is trying to tell y'all truth that will help you, you're here saying don't make their business extinct. With people like you Nigeria deserves the leaders it has.

3 Likes

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by sammyx012: 12:44pm On Oct 24, 2017
nini007:
OP u need not say too much. I experience this every time I travel with them. there is this short black boy in that their ib office, he is so rude ehhnn. I think CC is an overrated mass transit line. I was coming from Sokoto can u believe that they did not manage to put on the AC? The drivers believe they are God once the bus leaves the park. And for ur missing properties i think u have to Sue them. ahhhh, CC show me pepper ooo. I wish their Chairman can read this.

I also experience the same thing with them, not only Cross Country both all the transport company in Nigeria. I am excited to comment on the post. I think head of the operation and all the transport company will sit tight and be more conscious of people life traveling with them.
Emailaddy, thanks for awareness. You can as well go to their head office and lodge complain, which I believe that they will give ALL. But remember we are not perfect even we the commuters a times.
I`ll advice if you can edit or delete the message because it can run down the business and every one of us have our own business we run, wish we can`t allow it to run down.
The operation managers there are very nice and listen to their commuters.
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by Obinnau(m): 12:46pm On Oct 24, 2017
toprealman:
"I have come to accept armed robbery attacks as a normal routine of travel.....but have learnt how to beat that....". Those are strong words......how do you mean
grin grin
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by queenfav(f): 12:47pm On Oct 24, 2017
OTAIFOHJ:

This part just cracked me up!

Well, let's keep hoping for the best. As it stands now, Nigeria's transportation system is nothing to write home about.
I just pray they revamp the sector.
I pray so too.

2 Likes

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by Olubi15: 2:18pm On Oct 24, 2017
teelaw4life:

(no be wetin we suppose dey argue but) Read the first part of her post. She mentioned 'fiance' and not fiancee. Op na woman.
did you read the part where the op mentioned his "suit" and being a supposed best man?
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by TemmyTee82(f): 3:30pm On Oct 24, 2017
teelaw4life:

grin grin grin LMAO. I agree with you oo. OP is a natural "befuddler".

Oya send your details let us arrange your settlement. Your desire to make sure say i accept the right thing needs to be encouraged... grin grin grin

Ehen! My surest guy!!!! Let me gaan look for my account number na.

Don't mind me please. They yaf tell me to desist from such acts, but ayam usually not hearing word.

1 Like

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by maxnedu11(m): 4:07pm On Oct 24, 2017
omolorlarh:

okeyson buses are fond of carrying people going to different destinations. The driver that drove the one I entered smoked and drank that day. I almost had hypertension
I now avoid okeyson and their kinds to prevent stories that touch.

2 Likes

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by bigtt76(f): 8:45pm On Oct 24, 2017
Got me cracking up grin

Alvin007:
From Akure to Ibadan, to Edo..(ibilo) I guess...to Lokoja...why the heck will a bus headed towards Abj be on Lagos-Ibadan express way?..even if the driver was taking y'all to Shagamu..why didn't u object?...why didn't he go through ondo-ore road..well...he took y'all a'cross' the 'country'... cheesy grin
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by obaataaokpaewu: 9:05pm On Oct 24, 2017
uruba23:
This Oga still hyping his team,instead of taking the drivers for retraining make their over speeding brain reformat small.After all their is one transport company I took from warri to port Harcourt,the instructions was that they shouldn't drive beyond 100km/hr else we the passenger are at liberty to report the driver,the bus spoilt on the way though,but it is not as bad as driving with a driver who has lost his mind,driving on the lane of incoming vehicle assuming the driver would leave the road for him.
That should be Agofure Motors
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by ViVaMadrid: 12:47am On Oct 25, 2017
2shure:
eagle line.
i rest.
no time for shiits.

eagle line
by 5 junc aft okada house.benin city.

Them dey go Akure?
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by 2shure: 6:28am On Oct 25, 2017
eagle line
benin
warri
lag
ph
abj
ibadan
ViVaMadrid:

Them dey go Akure?
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by TellMeTheTruth(m): 9:49am On Oct 25, 2017
justscorchone:

It must be the per second check points on our roads .

grin
Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by pbethel: 11:09pm On Oct 25, 2017
Last year , my journey from Abuja to ibadan with cross country was awesome. But from ibadan back to Abj ....hhjmm twas God's mercy.
D driver was pompous, driving recklessly yet when corrected he feels he is perfect and knows what he is doing. We had nothing less than 3 narrow miss which would have been head-on collision but for God's mercy. The bus was Kaduna bound....
We d Abj passengers were d ones warning him to drive carefully. Thank God we got to Abj safely.

1 Like

Re: My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!! by salford1: 4:39am On Oct 26, 2017
chai..God help Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Updates On The New Nigeria Police Clearance Certificate / World's Most Powerful Passport: Singapore Overtakes Japan, Nigeria ranks 90th / Russian Military Plane Crashes In Ivanovo With 15 Onboard; All Dead(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.