Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? (73913 Views)

Real Reason Why Oyedepo, Adeboye, Oyakhilome, CAN Shun TB Joshua’s Burial / Phillip Frimpong: Carissa Sharon Oyakhilome's Husband-To-Be (Photos) / The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by 0m0nnakoda: 9:43am On Sep 24, 2017
Church business is good

All the time!!!

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by Abbotp: 9:45am On Sep 24, 2017
With the bolded, I think you know that can guarantee your spot in hell grin grin grin grin grin Congrats
tobilobapaul:
@Hanm you are a big fool
Do u know how many million that are there In Christ Embassy that ur 20th generation can't have there money Eleribu somebody u dear talk to Men of God like that thunder fire ur father

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by Andy2274: 9:45am On Sep 24, 2017
What is the reason for establishing a church? (a) wealth (b) salvation (c) extortion (d) preach the gospel (you can choose more than one answer.
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by DeathStroke007(m): 9:57am On Sep 24, 2017
1981 dem all do their juju

2 Likes

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by pddyol(m): 9:58am On Sep 24, 2017
The period between 1980- 1981 was a year of SHEMITAH ( Read Jonathan Cahn on The Shemitah)
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by kevoh(m): 10:05am On Sep 24, 2017
Movie title: Legend of the 3 greatest Nigerian Yahoo Boys grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by AreaFada2: 10:06am On Sep 24, 2017
Meanwhile Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea and China that did not receive religious stuff in 1981 but got decent leaders have now surged far ahead of us.

We now rely on their Samsung, Tecno, Injoo, Daewoo, machines, electronics. Etc.

Meanwhile we wallow in corruption, boko, poverty, etc.

grin cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by AerialMapper: 10:10am On Sep 24, 2017
hahn:
In 1981 three con artists were unleashed unto Nigeria

Never to solve any major problem but to give false hope and exploit the gullible, mostly illiterate, masses thus amassing huge wealth enough to ensure they drive in luxury cars, wear the best clothes, move around with tight security while "preaching" to their gullible members to give everything they have to them while they wait for the promise of a heaven that they did not even bother to provide a picture or address of

Church business is good business smiley

You couldn’t have said it better! After drawing inspiration from the master con-man Benny Hinn!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by Lyoncrescent: 10:13am On Sep 24, 2017
Can you tell us some of your father’s legacy?
http://www.desireofnationsmission.org.ng/?page_id=82

Link of an interview with Ruth Elton pa Eltons only child.

Mama Elton: Daddy had so many legacies, but the most spectacular was towards the end of his life. He began to perceive where the trend would lead to, so his message began to confuse a lot of people. He began to limit the number of invitation he honored and turned down many. He would prefer to preach in a little gathering under a small shed than to honour a major conference that had his name written bodily on the handbill. He began to warn about the spirit of Babylon pervading the church. He emphatically warned against the taking of titles and building of empires. He declared that this would usher in seasons of apostasy for the church, and men would begin to commercialize the gospel. He decried what the American Christianity was turning into, he discouraged the Nigerian church from patterning after it. Daddy never retired, till he died on the 14th of January 1987. Before this, he always said he was going to rule over Nigeria during the Millennial reign, and Ilesha would be his headquarters, and he was buried alongside my mum in their Ilesha home.

When you see the likes of Benny hinn ,td jakes, late Myles Monroe and Kenneth coperland visit some of these mega pastors then you understand what pa Elton was scared of. God calling you and remaining true to the call are two different things.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by Halo22: 10:13am On Sep 24, 2017
Well for me, I think those trio were under some spiritual competition and emulation from their role models, thereby establishing their commissions same year. Even though they may not be perfect, but several lives have been redirected towards positivity via their preaching.
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by AK481(m): 10:19am On Sep 24, 2017
hahn:

Never to solve any major problem but to give false hope and exploit the gullible, mostly illiterate, masses thus amassing huge wealth enough to ensure they drive in luxury cars, wear the best clothes, move around with tight security while "preaching" to their gullible members to give everything they have to them while they wait for the promise of a heaven that they did not even bother to provide a picture or address of

First shot fired!
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by 0m0nnakoda: 10:22am On Sep 24, 2017
tobilobapaul:
@Hanm you are a big fool
Do u know how many million that are there In Christ Embassy that ur 20th generation can't have there money Eleribu somebody u dear talk to Men of God like that thunder fire ur father
You are a good ambassador of your Embassy. A shining example

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by TrumpDonald2: 10:22am On Sep 24, 2017
hahn:

Oh! It's even you. Never knew you are one of the enlightened few. That means you were playing around with me then. Nice. Happy Sunday to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by princeSammyz: 10:24am On Sep 24, 2017
BluntBoy:

Brood of vipers.
lol. Touch Not....!
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by TrumpDonald2: 10:26am On Sep 24, 2017
Lyoncrescent:
Can you tell us some of your father’s legacy?
http://www.desireofnationsmission.org.ng/?page_id=82

Link of an interview with Ruth Elton pa Eltons only child.

Mama Elton: Daddy had so many legacies, but the most spectacular was towards the end of his life. He began to perceive where the trend would lead to, so his message began to confuse a lot of people. He began to limit the number of invitation he honored and turned down many. He would prefer to preach in a little gathering under a small shed than to honour a major conference that had his name written bodily on the handbill. He began to warn about the spirit of Babylon pervading the church. He emphatically warned against the taking of titles and building of empires. He declared that this would usher in seasons of apostasy for the church, and men would begin to commercialize the gospel. He decried what the American Christianity was turning into, he discouraged the Nigerian church from patterning after it. Daddy never retired, till he died on the 14th of January 1987. Before this, he always said he was going to rule over Nigeria during the Millennial reign, and Ilesha would be his headquarters, and he was buried alongside my mum in their Ilesha home.

When you see the likes of Benny hinn ,td jakes, late Myles Monroe and Kenneth coperland visit some of these mega pastors then you understand what pa Elton was scared of. God calling you and remaining true to the call are two different things.
I think you have to create a thread on this. Very insightful
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by Elmojiid(m): 10:31am On Sep 24, 2017
hahn:

did i hear u say conman...na wa o
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 24, 2017
hahn:

Chai!

Antichrist!
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by Reference(m): 10:33am On Sep 24, 2017
Of course mandates are time specific so can be traced to calendar dates. It is the whole essence of Christianity and proves spiritual things have real life material effects. God is real. This world has a real end date.
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by dbynonetwork: 10:36am On Sep 24, 2017
Orodje:
That's my papa... Oyedepo cool
These 3 men are great men of God who are true to their calling and exhibit heavenly wisdom.
Antheist and Muslims should pls keep off this thread cool

I doubt if CHRIS OYAKLOME is a real man of God.

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by franklingud(m): 10:41am On Sep 24, 2017
Who knows?
Only God knows.
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by pweetiedee(m): 10:41am On Sep 24, 2017
bababodmas:

There's always something special about God's move sweetheart

Btw: I see u are a writer and blogger.... Can we work to gather on a project? If uve got the time tho
Hit me up on whatsapp 08093191095 or call 07039150707.... Or email psalmbodmas@gmail.com

if money is involved. no wahala
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by BadBlaize(m): 10:42am On Sep 24, 2017
I have one heavenly father and 1 earthly father..
I don't know any papa, daddy G.O or any other shit..

Don't gv a fvck abt any
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:43am On Sep 24, 2017
Orodje:
These 3 men are great men of God who are true to their calling and exhibit heavenly wisdom.

They are no more "Men of God" than you are.

Here's a Red Pill from your bible:

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ". ------- Romans 8:16–17

Read that again... Joint Heirs with Christ himself.

If you're a joint heir with Christ, no one can be more "man of God" than you.

2 Likes

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by pweetiedee(m): 10:44am On Sep 24, 2017
0m0nnakoda:
You are a good ambassador of your Embassy. A shining example

Lmao
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by RALPHOW(m): 10:45am On Sep 24, 2017
Excellent Observation, Do you know the move & anointing of God was so great in the 1980s and many men of God received their callings unfortunately many fell along the line (many opens eyes, lifted up the lame).

However glory be to God for these three (and others) great men of God that sustained the anointing ( not by power but by His Spirit).

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by mannyiyke: 10:48am On Sep 24, 2017
martooski:
coincidence, Nothing special happened.
Pls, something special happened in 1981. I was born in that year o, precisely May! Watch how i'm going to transform this country for good. Hahahaha!
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by ibrokola(m): 10:49am On Sep 24, 2017
Orodje:
We aren't interested clown!
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by rkennyking(m): 10:51am On Sep 24, 2017
The fact that no one Muslim has invaded this group with insults gives me joy. Unlike what happens the other way round. Even though nairaland specifically reserved the section for only Muslims what we always get is post from non Muslims insulting Islam. Be informed that most of those post on this thread that is not in support of the topic are from atheist. Please let's be honest to ourselves it's evident in all ways that the Muslims are seemingly more tolerant. Mind you this is not some post from some Muslim. This is someone that just care about religion tolerance. We need to do more of that ....

2 Likes

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by talk2percy(m): 10:56am On Sep 24, 2017
Religion is the opium of the masses. These rich men are reaping u believers off...modern way of yahooing....just open a church(shop-merchandise) and tell them a story of a strange voice, figure or spirit that gave u an ultimatum...and...off u go....!!!u are good to go...wake up people!

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by kexclusive123: 11:09am On Sep 24, 2017
[That year was surely the beginning of a new era of the Spirit and unfolding of a special dispensation and the move of the Spirit.]

chai, my brotherrr, you hit the nail on the head grin grin[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo: Pastor Converts To Islam In Taraba State / Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! / Canaanland Ota In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.