Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? (73938 Views)

Real Reason Why Oyedepo, Adeboye, Oyakhilome, CAN Shun TB Joshua’s Burial / Phillip Frimpong: Carissa Sharon Oyakhilome's Husband-To-Be (Photos) / The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by hahn(m): 12:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
scooby12:

Chai!

Antichrist!

Chai. Mugu! smiley
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by hahn(m): 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2017
TrumpDonald2:

Oh! It's even you. Never knew you are one of the enlightened few. That means you were playing around with me then. Nice. Happy Sunday to you.

Lol. I got you good, didn't I? tongue

I am actually preparing to open a church soon. Me sef must chop the money grin
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by hahn(m): 12:40pm On Sep 24, 2017
samjey:
God will have mercy on you and by His grace bring you into His marvelous light and invest you as a mighty force of reckoning in His Kingdom affairs. Then, I say by then you'd understand! Amen.

May you open your brain and stop being a mugu smiley
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by hahn(m): 12:40pm On Sep 24, 2017
Monday5:
Now I know that you are even far stupid than I thought!

So you can think? Wow! shocked
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by omoelerin1: 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2017
Statsocial:
Nigeria has been marked long ago as the new arrowhead of the Christian faith. From 1930s the silent revolution started but few noticed. From the Oke ____ revival to the salvation of Pa Akindayomi who was formerly an idol worshipper. The wave started. But it has just begun. Since Nigeria is the New arrowhead of the Christian faith it would be the one exporting the faith soon. It is not normal that a faith of 10% as turned into a faith of about 50%. Christianity can no longer rely on Europe to spread the tentacles of Christianity. Africa as taken that mantle hence you see the churches taking over every where. People said Nigerians are just brainwashed but you see that same revival now crossing into Africa, Europe and Asia. RCCG currently owns 732 branches in the UK. Church Universities are taking over everywhere. The revival as started and there is nothing the Devil and his Bastards can do about it.
But the rot in the Nigerian society is getting worst day by day. By the way, it remains one of the poorest nations on the face of the earth despite all the anointing for prosperity. what a riddle!

2 Likes

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by hahn(m): 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2017
emerged01:

This is what you can't do on Islam section. Continue!

When last did you see a muslim preaching inside a bus or begging for "tithes and offering"

Although, all gods are silly
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by pweetiedee(m): 12:45pm On Sep 24, 2017
bababodmas:

Women and money.... Na wah for una oooo ooo.... It's an opportunity for us to build something na.... Then money would come... Lol

money pls
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by Obotte(m): 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
"Rhapsody of Realities has grown to be the number1 most translated book in the world after the bible with over 862 languages; distributed in every nation and territory of the World. By end of 2017, they'd have distributed over 1Billion copies since inception."

I just want to correct this wrong information you put up here. Google they say is your friend, wikipedia can be of great help too.
Check the link below for correct information of the most translated publications after the Bible.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_literary_works_by_number_of_translations
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
Seun:
Interesting.

Very interesting boss. I pray God by himself calls you and bless you more aboundantly.
Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by rlauncher(m): 1:04pm On Sep 24, 2017
dpsam:

That's true. In the book, Fire In His Bones- q biography of the Arc Bishop Idahosa, the author wrote about his (Idahosa's) meeting with Pa Elton. He also noted that Pa Elton influenced Idahosa's going the Gordon Lindsay's bible school (Christ For The Nations)
To the above OP's question, I believe we were brought into another phase of the Charismatic move of God's Spirit.
NB: I Love Your Observation. God bless you.

In those days of the SU(scripture union) movement, not enough was done by the Evangelical/Pentecostal movements to get God's people out of poverty as focus was mainly on Salvation and personal Holiness. I believe God raised these men to address that.

However, we as a movement have abandoned Holiness for physical comfort. I think the time has come to begin to consider how we can live a holy life and still be prosperous.

4 Likes

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:05pm On Sep 24, 2017
hahn:
In 1981 three con artists were unleashed unto Nigeria

Never to solve any major problem but to give false hope and exploit the gullible, mostly illiterate, masses thus amassing huge wealth enough to ensure they drive in luxury cars, wear the best clothes, move around with tight security while "preaching" to their gullible members to give everything they have to them while they wait for the promise of a heaven that they did not even bother to provide a picture or address of

Church business is good business smiley
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 24, 2017
hahn:

When last did you see a muslim preaching inside a bus or begging for "tithes and offering"

So, if the 'god' don't beg for tithes and offerings...it is somewhat believable and gets a slap on the wrist? A new facet of atheism? LMAO.

The display of pseudo-intelligence and enlightenment here though. Lol.
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by omoelerin1: 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
tobilobapaul:
@Hanm you are a big fool
Do u know how many million that are there In Christ Embassy that ur 20th generation can't have there money Eleribu somebody u dear talk to Men of God like that thunder fire ur father
The fact that there are many million people that control billions of naira in a congregation does not make a church of Christ. All the wealth of this world belong to Satan. In Christianity, every born again Christian is a minister of God. There are no special men of God . Go and read your Bible very well.

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by segunojo866: 1:08pm On Sep 24, 2017
Orodje:
That's my papa... Oyedepo cool
These 3 men are great men of God who are true to their calling and exhibit heavenly wisdom.
Antheist and Muslims should pls keep off this thread cool
u mean a fraudster
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by segunojo866: 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2017
omoelerin1:
The fact that there are many million people that control billions of naira in a congregation does not make a church of Christ. All the wealth of this world belong to Satan. In Christianity, every born again Christian is a minister of God. There are no special men of God . Go and read your Bible very well.
very true, Nigerians take ministers of God as their God
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by onyxo76(m): 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2017
Thank God for the lives of these men, I wish I had daddy adeboyes grace as well, baba kumuyi is another great general of the Lord

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by segunojo866: 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2017
hahn:

my brother i so much hate seeing pastor preaching in the bus, disturbing my journey grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by segunojo866: 1:13pm On Sep 24, 2017
onyxo76:
Thank God for the lives of these men, I wish I had daddy adeboyes grace as well, baba kumuyi is another great general of the Lord
poor thinking. Do you believe adebayes is better than you? Don't take this men of God special believe you are the best in the world
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by segunojo866: 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2017
UBGG:

So, if the 'god' don't beg for tithes and offerings...it is somewhat believable and gets a slap on the wrist? A new facet of atheism? LMAO.

honestly religion is a joke
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
majekdom2:
your likes that are devoid of intelligence are quick to mention without intelligence. Like I said Nigerians alike are the problem and not religion. My point is stop blaming a "concept" for your woes. And to you mentioning tax and donating, una go just dey run una mouth anyhow. Do you know me to conclude I don't pay. I don't owe you that explanation btw. Obviously you are unintelligent to understand my point.
I don't need to know you to know you don't pay taxes. it only takes a brain dead idiot to not figure out that religion is a cancer in the Nigerian society only idiots ,again idiots like you will blame Nigerians instead of the worm itself so that's how I know the category you belong.

You and adeboye oyedopo and the likes of them are the Nigerians breeding the nuisance destroying that society and you brain dead idiots want to blame it on the people you have impoverished.

1 Like

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by segunojo866: 1:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
Abbotp:
With the bolded, I think you know that can guarantee your spot in hell grin grin grin grin grin Congrats
no hell fire grin
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by hahn(m): 1:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Simple instruction you can't obey

Simple brain you cannot use
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by Obotte(m): 1:16pm On Sep 24, 2017
. Rhapsody of Realities has grown to be the number1 most translated book in the world after the bible with over 862 languages; distributed in every nation and territory of the World. By end of 2017, they'd have distributed over 1Billion copies since inception.

I just want to correct this wrong information you put up here. Google they say is your friend, wikipedia can be of great help too.
Check the link below for correct information of the most translated publications after the Bible.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_literary_works_by_number_of_translations
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by hahn(m): 1:16pm On Sep 24, 2017
UBGG:

You have a case of chronic inability to read and understand

You need to see a psychiatrist
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by segunojo866: 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rockyrocky:
I don't need to know you to know you don't pay taxes. it only takes a brain dead idiot to not figure out that religion is a cancer in the Nigerian society only idiots ,again idiots like you will blame Nigerians instead of the worm itself so that's how I know the category you belong.

You and adeboye oyedopo and the likes of them are the Nigerians breeding the nuisance destroying that society and you brain dead idiots want to blame it on the people you have impoverished.
best post of the year
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by segunojo866: 1:19pm On Sep 24, 2017
Statsocial:
Nigeria has been marked long ago as the new arrowhead of the Christian faith. From 1930s the silent revolution started but few noticed. From the Oke ____ revival to the salvation of Pa Akindayomi who was formerly an idol worshipper. The wave started. But it has just begun. Since Nigeria is the New arrowhead of the Christian faith it would be the one exporting the faith soon. It is not normal that a faith of 10% as turned into a faith of about 50%. Christianity can no longer rely on Europe to spread the tentacles of Christianity. Africa as taken that mantle hence you see the churches taking over every where. People said Nigerians are just brainwashed but you see that same revival now crossing into Africa, Europe and Asia. RCCG currently owns 732 branches in the UK. Church Universities are taking over everywhere. The revival as started and there is nothing the Devil and his Bastards can do about it.
Pointless post
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by segunojo866: 1:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
donnie:
This thought has been on my mind for several years now having listened to the testimonies, biographies and read articles by and about these three great ministers of God whose ministries began in Nigeria but and are touching lives around the world. What happened in 1981?

Perhaps a special wind from God blew across Nigeria in 1981, resulting in the move of the Spirit that is currently shaking several nations with millions of faithful spread across the world.

According to Wikipedia, Enoch Adejare Adeboye (born 2 March 1942 in Ifewara, Osun State, Nigeria) is a Nigerian pastor. He was ordained General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) in 1981, taking over from Papa Akindayomi, who had died the previous year. Since his taking over leadership, the growth and spread of the RCCG around the world has been simply phenomenal. All it takes for a rccg church to grow is to have a venue and signage and people will troop in. That's simply called GRACE.

I heard the Man of God Rev Dr Chris Oyakhilome, President of Believers Loveworld (aka Christ Embassy) speak of how that in 1981, the Lord spoke to him saying, "Take my divine presence to the peoples and nations of the World. This vision he has diligently pursued since then. Those who have been close to him will tell you that he carries that presence. It's in all he does...everything he touches grows to become number1. There is no place like the Healing School of Christ Embassy in this world. Rhapsody of Realities has grown to be the number1 most translated book in the world after the bible with over 862 languages; distributed in every nation and territory of the World. By end of 2017, they'd have distributed over 1Billion copies since inception.

I told someone that if the antichrist doesn't know Pastor Chris and Christ Embassy yet, he is still a learner.

Bishop David Oyedepo of Living Faith Church (winners chapel) is unapologetic in his praise and adoration of the Lord who called and prospered him and sent him to prosper others. With massive intimidating church structures, Universities, etc, he continuously provokes the world to envy as he displays what Faith in a living God can do in one's life.

He too received a mandate from God through an 18-hour vision in May 1981, to liberate the world from all oppression of the devil through the preaching of the word of faith.

Now I ask again, what happened in 1981?

Recently, I was in a Pastor Chris and Benny Hinn meeting where Pastor Chris talked about a conference he attended in 1980 with Pa S.G. Elton a great minister of God and a Briton in Benin. Could that be it? The man S.G. Elton was said to have prophesied in that meeting concerning this move of God from Nigeria to the world and gave marching orders to the young people who came from around the country.

Could that be it? I also read that Pa Elton influenced the ministries of Pastor Oyedepo and Pastor Adeboye greatly.

So let me know what you think smiley

Christians only please. Atheists, Muslims, busybodies; please your opinions are not welcome. Thanks!

Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by segunojo866: 1:22pm On Sep 24, 2017
hahn:

You have a case of chronic inability to read and understand

You need to see a psychiatrist
grin
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
hahn:

Simple brain you cannot use
Out of the abundance of your heart speak forth your attitude towards people.
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by hahn(m): 1:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Out of the abundance of your heart speak forth your attitude towards people.

Out of the emptiness of your brain you speak forth your delusion and psychological epilepsy towards people
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
hahn:

Chai. Mugu! smiley

Chai. Mumu! smiley
Re: What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? by omoelerin1: 1:31pm On Sep 24, 2017
Obotte:
"Rhapsody of Realities has grown to be the number1 most translated book in the world after the bible with over 862 languages; distributed in every nation and territory of the World. By end of 2017, they'd have distributed over 1Billion copies since inception."

very soon it will displace the Bible, she?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo: Pastor Converts To Islam In Taraba State / Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! / I Will Die Soon, My Time Is Near --- Odumeje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.