Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. (16619 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by hassymo5(m): 10:23am On Feb 28, 2010
Pls advice needed, can i marry my girlfriend wit a salary of 40,000 monthly

1 Like

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by WarHorse1(m): 10:40am On Feb 28, 2010
Go and ask that laborer or bricklayer that waits at street corners daily for any work and who has a wife and children
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Pampers: 12:41pm On Feb 28, 2010
Inadequate information. Out of d 40k,do u take transport, do u live in lagos ora a place like ibadan where life is cheaper. Any family comitments? Does ur fience work? Etc.u can stil manage 40k even if she doesnt work when kids are not around. All u need is prudency and cut ur coat acordin to ur cloth, not acordin to size,

1 Like

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by ima1(f): 8:24pm On Feb 28, 2010
see how men put themselves in trouble, you don't make enough money to take care of yourself and you want to add another person to the mix and make her suffa

3 Likes

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Sissy3(f): 1:37am On Mar 01, 2010
Pampers:

Inadequate information.

agree.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Olisa4all: 8:43am On Mar 01, 2010
yes u can. .yes u can
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 02, 2010
hassymo5:

Pls advice needed, can i marry my girlfriend wit a salary of 40,000 monthly

It depends on the kind of lifestyles you live, and your expenditure.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Manabos: 10:53am On Mar 02, 2010
My brother don't mine what people are telling you, some people will not tell you the true, the true is that as a living testimony i did my weeding in November, last year with the same salary structure and am living fine and am living in Abuja this very moment, my wife does not do any work she is a student

so follow your heart and marry your wife God will care or the rest as he promise that "he who fine a wife obtain favour of the Lord" so that favour is there for you and your wife

5 Likes

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by snowdrops(m): 4:30pm On Mar 02, 2010
If your living expenses has been eg 10,000 naira monthly in the past year you could have saved 360,000 naira. Yes you can as someone had already said. And yes depends on your outgoings and if your wife is working.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 03, 2010
Guy, it depends on who u're marrying and the reason you want to get married. There area  lot of factors involved besides money. For example, there's a certain age you will get to that family members will start putting pressure on you to find a woman regardless of your financial capabilities. I believe there are some blessing/societal sentiments attached married/single people. So you have to think deeply about it and pray before making this crucial decision.
btw i have a gf who asked me to give her 250k for her to marry me. and she's damn serious. She says she don't want to suffer.

3 Likes

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by joshO: 6:49pm On Mar 03, 2010
If your living expenses has been eg 10,000 naira monthly in the past year you could have saved 360,000 naira.

Can you please provide the formula used here? thanks angry

1 Like

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 03, 2010
Yes, you can.
But as advised, you need to have been saving before. Maybe if you had saved 20k per month a year before marrying you could have had 240k.

It all depends on your lifestyle. I know many people that earn within that range and take care of a family of 3-5 with that income. And when you see them outside, you will never even know their income is that low i.e they live a decent, middle-class life. They are not based in Lagos though.

Another important factor is the lifestyle of your would-be wife. Plus understanding. if she's teh understanding, not-so-materialistic type, then there will be little pressure on you.

I'm also a bachelor though.

1 Like

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by peacettw: 6:52pm On Mar 03, 2010
I believe it's possible. My husband's friend held his wedding reception in Mr Biggs n didn't do any trad marriage! Though i don't knw why he did that (except of course for a slight touch of insanity), it really depends on the girl u re marrying. If she is not really interested in glamor n has not been struck with peer pressure and a complex, then pls go ahead. Wish u luck.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by tai2(m): 7:06pm On Mar 03, 2010
40 k a month? My friend sort out your life first before end up in perpetual penury, do you know how much it takes to feed and clothe children? You want to get married simply because it feels good, forgetting the fact that there are consequences. This isn't 1920 when every man had a village and taking care of the family meant going to the farm early enough to work. This is 2010, you have rent costs, schools costs, entertainment costs and all what not. Evildoers are here advising you to go ahead with your marriage on a 40k salary, don't make that mistake. Think well before you act, calculate your current expenses and potential expenses after you get married and see how it all pans out. The wedding alone is enough to leave you indebted for the next 6 years ( you know Nigerians and their "big eye", they don't do small weddings).

Plan your life and become financially stable before you get married. Don't let love," vision" from your pastor or your woman's pressure trap you into something you regret later.

4 Likes

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by VGA: 7:13pm On Mar 03, 2010
This is the most realistic thread have ever read on nairaland. the guy simply tell the truth. very basic and
someone reading this will give his or her best advice to the poster. nice one bro
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2010
It depends on so many factors.
My gate man earns half of that and is married with 3 kids.

Like i said, it depends.

Where do you live?
What are your tastes and that of your wife?
How much do you spend on transport, feeding, grooming etc?

1 Like

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by EmmyBoy2(m): 7:20pm On Mar 03, 2010
Go ahead bro, u can!
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by REALTRUTH1: 7:27pm On Mar 03, 2010
tai2:

40 k a month? My friend sort out your life first before end up in perpetual penury, do you know how much it takes to feed and clothe children? You want to get married simply because it feels good, forgetting the fact that there are consequences. This isn't 1920 when every man had a village and taking care of the family meant going to the farm early enough to work. This is 2010, you have rent costs, schools costs, entertainment costs and all what not. Evildoers are here advising you to go ahead with your marriage on a 40k salary, don't make that mistake. Think well before you act, calculate your current expenses and potential expenses after you get married and see how it all pans out. The wedding alone is enough to leave you indebted for the next 6 years ( you know Nigerians and their "big eye", they don't do small weddings). Plan your life and become financially stable before you get married. Don't let love," vision" from your pastor or your woman's pressure trap you into something you regret later.
This is the best advice here,,,everyother persons have told you a LIE,,,U must have it at the back of ur mind that no woman or man is particularly for each other,,,Look for a woman that would support in every area of ur life particularly financial,,

1 Like

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by REALTRUTH1: 7:34pm On Mar 03, 2010
If you re my younger brother and U tell me U want to marry in this manner,,am surely gonna cane you or get a Doctor to investigate ur brain,,,If you can't take care of the lady financially,,,leave her alone and God would bring somebody her way that would be capable of taking care of the lady,,,and U should focus on developing ur self,,,I have always told people that a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage,,,,
At 40k,,,don't you have parents or younger ones that U re suppose to be supporting Now U want to go and carry an overloaded wahala all in the name of marriage,,,,when U start having the problems,,,,this same people on Nairaland won't be there to help you oooo,,,,,Finally the best U can do is to use the head God gave to think if this step U re taking is actually worth it,,,
In a relationship,,I always tell people involved that the first thing to do is use head,,,if it does'nt connect with ur head,,,it simply means its not gonna work out,,,,

2 Likes

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by sleemgal(f): 7:36pm On Mar 03, 2010
well, it all depends
as you know dat u are anticipating a better job
you can go ahead, just dont start a family with children untilyou both are comfortable enough
moreover, our parents didnt start out the way there are now, they started from somewhere
if you are optimistic, by next year, things would be better
but if you both are ready to marry, go ahead, afterall love can go through the stormiest weather and survive depsite all odds
things would always get better
keep the faith
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Igwe9(m): 7:37pm On Mar 03, 2010
You can my brother, there's no big deal in this marriage, you two are human being and can understand the situation on ground. most time some bachelors are more married than the married ones.
The problems here would be children, just born the number of children you can comfortable take care of, children don't understand that things are hard , and could be worsen by their association with other children.

Good wives to me are not liabilities.
if 40k can take care of your needs and your faithful girlfriend's, i don't see the need for this discussion, else re-think . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 03, 2010
as long as you are not in a hurry to have children - yes

make sure you use contraceptives oh

and keep hustling till you get a better job.

marriage is not the sole province of high income earners

people make all sorts of compromises when they get married.

1 Like

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by abhosts(m): 7:48pm On Mar 03, 2010
Yes you can, but it all depends on good planning and the girl in question. If your girlfriend is the typical Mr Biggs, Tantalizers glutton-- then forget it because even a 200k salary will not do.

1 Like

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by LFJ: 7:50pm On Mar 03, 2010
With the advice from some people here discouraging this guy that he cannot marry with 40k, I want to know what will be their advice to those married couples in our banking industry who lose their job; may be to divorce since they don’t have job again.

1 Like

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by VGA: 7:56pm On Mar 03, 2010
all this girls are thieves. wanting to reap where they didn't sow. only few and very sexy girl will command this
type of men. the problem with our girls is that they look above their head without looking at common nigeria man.

No corruption again so girls better get ya head sorted
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by Kenyata(m): 8:01pm On Mar 03, 2010
With God on your side, u can cope provided your wife is working too.
Marriage is an institution and God is always there for one. I'm a living witness.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by victorazy(m): 8:08pm On Mar 03, 2010
War Horse:

Go and ask that laborer or bricklayer that waits at street corners daily for any work and who has a wife and children

Good answer. Wait till u earn 200k montly b4 u get marry, how much fortune did Adam gained from Iden?
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by aieromon(m): 8:12pm On Mar 03, 2010
Marry her now. . .
Most Nigerian guys hide under the guise of waitin' for their dream job to postpone their wedding plans.They end up losing both ways.

1 Like

Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by REALTRUTH1: 8:14pm On Mar 03, 2010
LFJ:

With the advice from some people here discouraging this guy that he cannot marry with 40k, I want to know what will be their advice to those married couples in our banking industry who lose their job; may be to divorce since they don’t have job again.
 That is why I suggest that for any young couple getting married,,,,both of them should be "earners" atleast for the start of their marriage,,,,No job whatsoever is guaranteed,,,,even if the man looses his,,he could fall back on his wife support pending when things gets better,,,
In ur scenerio,,,a banker who just lost his job and got married to a lady who is not working would suffer many things,,one of which might likely be the lady leaving the man,,,I have said it before,,,there is no pity in marriage ,,,nobody should pity U and U should'nt pity anybody,,
However for a smart banker whose wife is working or probably engaged in business to support the home,,if the banker looses his job,,,he would fall back on his wife for assistance pending when things gets better,,,This life is too tough and too hard for people not to think deeply b4 getting married,,,,
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by honeric01(m): 8:22pm On Mar 03, 2010
If your girlfriend is working, fine. and another thing to put in mind is the fact that you should have a plan to upgrade from your present place of work or try search for a job with better pay.
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by shilling(f): 8:26pm On Mar 03, 2010
joshO:

Can you please provide the formula used here? thanks angry

Seriously?!! That's a lil bit too obvious, he spends 10k per month, saves 30k, 30k * 12 months = 360k.

Anyways, it's possible, pray about it and see where God is leading you.

Manabos:

My brother don't mine what people are telling you, some people will not tell you the true, the true is that as a living testimony i did my weeding in November, last year with the same salary structure and am living fine and am living in Abuja this very moment, my wife does not do any work she is a student

so follow your heart and marry your wife God will care or the rest as he promise that "he who fine a wife obtain favour of the Lord" so that favour is there for you and your wife

AMAZING!!!!!!
Re: Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. by hackney(m): 8:33pm On Mar 03, 2010
N40,000 a month?
Without knocking it, i'll like to think that it depends on where you live and
how you commute to work.
Eg if you live in your home town and work a trekkable distance, then you might just
pull it off  because you have no real expenses but no kids yet oo!! because im not sure you can pay for primary school yet.

Luxuries of any kind is completely out of the question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Husband Disappears As Wife Gives Birth To Twins In Abuja / Should A Man Stop His Wife From Wearing Trousers After Marriage? / What Can Make You Cut Ties With Your Family Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.