Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,213 members, 7,780,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:32 PM

Turn Your Windows XP PC Into An Hotspot Using Command Prompt - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Turn Your Windows XP PC Into An Hotspot Using Command Prompt (946 Views)

Screen Mirroring In Windows 10: How To Turn Your PC Into A Wireless Display / Windows XP For Sale / How To Turn Your Pc Into Wifi Hotspot With Uc Browser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Turn Your Windows XP PC Into An Hotspot Using Command Prompt by spotbaze: 6:37am On Sep 15, 2017
T he 2nd post for turning PC into hotspot is here where we’ll make use of command prompt not like the other where we’ll make use of connectify

Windows 10, like Windows 7 and 8 before it, comes with a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot feature that can share your computer’s internet access. However, it requires you to have a wired internet connection or a second network adapter (i.e., plugged into the router or modem via Ethernet) or two Wi-Fi cards–one for sharing and one for your laptop. In Windows 8 and Windows 10, this internet connection sharing feature is hidden, with no graphical interface, but you can enable and disable it from the Command Prompt.
I'll rather recommend you to read this link for full details with PC screenshots: http://spotbaze.ga/2017/09/15/turn-pc-hotspot-using-command-prompt-cmd-exe/

1. Firstly,Open a command prompt with administrative privileges.The quickest way is to tap the Windows key, type in cmd, and then right-click on the Command Prompt app listing and choose “Run as an administrator.”

2. In the command prompt window,type in netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=[SSID] key=[bpassword].Replace [SSID] and [password] with the network name you want for the Wi-Fi network and the password for it (without the brackets).
This will set up and enable a new Wi-Fi network with the SSID and passphrase you set, but we’re not done yet.

3. Type netsh wlan start hostednetwork at the prompt and hit Enter to start the network:

4. Open Network Connections(search in the Start menu for “view network connections” and click on the result)
5. Right-click on your main network connection and choose “Properties.
6. Go to the Sharing tab and click the checkbox labeled “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”.
7. In the dropdown box right below that,choose the network connection your computer is currently using. Click OK.
This will set up your new Wi-Fi hotspot. To stop the hosted network, type in netsh wlan stop hostednetwork in the command prompt and hit Enter.
Note: The typings here where I wrote netsh wlan start “hostednetwork” is correct,do not put a space between them by writing “hosted network” write “hostednetwork” to get a good response.

Source: http://spotbaze.ga/2017/09/15/turn-pc-hotspot-using-command-prompt-cmd-exe/

(1) (Reply)

Teclast X3 Plus -tbook With 6gb Ram And High Display Graphics / Autocad Is Not Running In My Pc / Usa-used Gaming Hp Elitebook 8460w Core-i5 + 1gb Radeon Dedicated Graphics-SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.