Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Ruling On Offering Congratulation At The Beginning Of Islamic Year (hijra) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Offering Congratulation At The Beginning Of Islamic Year (hijra) (5992 Views)

Hijrah 1444AH: Ruling On Offering Congratulations At The Beginning Of The Year / What Hijra Taught Me By Ibraheem Olanrewaju Ahmad / Happy Hijra, Happy New Islamic Calendar 1439AH. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruling On Offering Congratulation At The Beginning Of Islamic Year (hijra) by Lukgaf(m): 7:45am On Sep 15, 2017
Praise be to Allah
Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: What is the ruling on congratulating people on the occasion of the Hijri new year, and how should one reply to a person who offers congratulations?
He replied:
If someone offers you congratulations, then respond to him, but do not initiate such greetings. This is the correct view concerning this matter. So if a person says to you, for example, “Happy New Year”, then you can say, “May Allaah make it a good and blessed year for you.” But you should not initiate such a greeting, because I do not know of any report that the salaf [early generations of Islam] congratulated one another on the occasion of the new year, rather the salaf did not regard the first of Muharram as the first day of the new year until the caliphate of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him.
Shaykh ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr said concerning offering congratulations on the occasion of the hijri new year:
Praying for another Muslim in general terms, in phrases that are not meant as a kind of ritual on special occasions such as Eid, is acceptable, especially if what is meant by this greeting is friendship and to show a friendly face to one’s fellow Muslim. Imaam Ahmad (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “I do not initiate the greeting but if someone greets me I return the greeting, because responding to the greeting is obligatory. But being the first to offer congratulations is neither Sunnah nor forbidden.

https://islamqa.info/en/21290

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Offering Congratulation At The Beginning Of Islamic Year (hijra) by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 15, 2017
FTC
Re: Ruling On Offering Congratulation At The Beginning Of Islamic Year (hijra) by chibike69: 11:43am On Sep 15, 2017
smiley
Re: Ruling On Offering Congratulation At The Beginning Of Islamic Year (hijra) by vanshwerz: 11:48am On Sep 15, 2017
Jazak 'Allah Khayran

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Offering Congratulation At The Beginning Of Islamic Year (hijra) by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:50am On Sep 15, 2017
أَفَرَأَيْتُمُ اللَّاتَ وَالْعُزَّى
وَمَنَاةَ الثَّالِثَةَ الْأُخْرَى
تلك الغرانيق العـلى وإن شفاعتهن لترتجى.

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Offering Congratulation At The Beginning Of Islamic Year (hijra) by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:52am On Sep 15, 2017
wow in islam greeting someone is also banned. this is why im proud to be muslim.

islam is the epitome of human civilization. everything from listening music to the length of our clothes is regulated by our deen.

sometimes being a Nigerian muslim, i feel like a robot programmed to follow some arabian rules. but i know that i am a robotic slave to our beloved Allah (swt) and that is what matters smiley

4 Likes

Re: Ruling On Offering Congratulation At The Beginning Of Islamic Year (hijra) by LAUWALI222(m): 12:07pm On Sep 15, 2017
We thanks ALLAH
Re: Ruling On Offering Congratulation At The Beginning Of Islamic Year (hijra) by NAMAS(m): 3:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
MaShaAllah
Re: Ruling On Offering Congratulation At The Beginning Of Islamic Year (hijra) by bahaushe1: 7:47pm On Sep 15, 2017
PAGAN9JA:
wow in islam greeting someone is also banned. this is why im proud to be muslim.

islam is the epitome of human civilization. everything from listening music to the length of our clothes is regulated by our deen.

sometimes being a Nigerian muslim, i feel like a robot programmed to follow some arabian rules. but i know that i am a robotic slave to our beloved Allah (swt) and that is what matters smiley

But what is wrong in the answer given above? Islam is a complete way of life, it leaves nothing untouched.

The issue addressed is a contemporary one, many Muslims are turning it into a ritual of some sort and it is good we get Islamic perspective on that.
Re: Ruling On Offering Congratulation At The Beginning Of Islamic Year (hijra) by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:49pm On Sep 15, 2017
bahaushe1:

But what is wrong in the answer given above? Islam is a complete way of life, it leaves nothing untouched.

The issue addressed is a contemporary one, many Muslims are turning it into a ritual of some sort and it is good we get Islamic perspective on that.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. We are muslims, we are bound by the shackles of the qur'an and the laws stated by our imams.

Freedom of thought and expression and excessive humanity is only for the kafiruun.

We are the slaves of Allah (subhan wa ta'ala) and we must obey every instruction and rule given us on behalf of Allah (swt)

From breathing down to our sleeping posture. Let everything be dictated by our islamic scholar and the hadeeth and Qur'an al kareem. for thus was ordained.

We are the robotic slaves of Allah. *in modern terminology

3 Likes

Re: Ruling On Offering Congratulation At The Beginning Of Islamic Year (hijra) by azezola(m): 7:50am On Sep 16, 2017
Jzk

(1) (Reply)

Let Reminds Each Other About Our Deen Islam / Hadith For Muslims / For All My Muslim Brothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.