Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,478 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:13 PM

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics (29325 Views)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 43rd Birthday Today / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 42nd Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by AreaFada2: 10:50am On Sep 15, 2017
cuedish:
She needs a man....happy birthday to her .
She's married to an American medical doctor.
With a child even.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by Dacronym(m): 11:33am On Sep 15, 2017
kiss and this is just about half of her achievements oh
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by vertueptime: 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
Her dressing is always off
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by temmylorlah(f): 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2017
adeblow:
Wow, those her old pics, I think that should be jaja her brother that she talked about in purple hibiscus
And she's Kambili. lol

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by adeblow(m): 12:24pm On Sep 15, 2017
temmylorlah:
And she's Kambili. lol
Exactly, but you know its a fiction, so, just saying.
Meanwhile, u got a beautiful face, hope d intellectual matches up with the physical. wink

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by Kobicove(m): 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
This lady has lovely legs smiley
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by Nwabundo38(f): 1:25pm On Sep 15, 2017
cuedish:
She is married with a daughter
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by daddysprincess1: 1:40pm On Sep 15, 2017
cuedish:
She HAS a man.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 15, 2017
doughziay:
chimamanda (my God can never fail)

I don't know why I love that name

So, that is the meaning of that name. That is a very wonderful name. My God can never fail. I thank God for your life.

Happy Birthday.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by Utagbamaka(m): 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
Beauty and brains. Real slayer
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by revolt(m): 3:18pm On Sep 15, 2017
Freaking feminist
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by beldad(f): 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2017
Her book, half of a yellow sun, is a must read for our youths mostly in the south east and south south. They would have an idea of the uselessness of war.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by beldad(f): 5:15pm On Sep 15, 2017
Her book, half of a yellow sun, is a must read for our youths mostly in the south east and south south. they would have an idea of the uselessness of war.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by adims96(m): 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2017
she is hot
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by DarkRebel69: 11:14pm On Sep 15, 2017
miarhpe:
Never has any lady divided opinion so viciously in the literary world.

Her representation of feminism negates everything African and our founding beliefs.

I celebrate her achievements and global appeal (just as I celebrate every ambitious woman out there ), but please do not join the Caucasians in shredding the culture that made you.

#the storm is brewing
#POTUS vs Pyongyang

You are delusional. Caucasians care less for your culture.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by miarhpe: 7:57am On Sep 16, 2017
DarkRebel69:

You are delusional. Caucasians care less for your culture.

I wouldn't stoop low to joining words with you. But you shouldn't have made it apparent that you're from the indomie generation.

That I may I educate your ignorance, cultural export from the west is its own form of colonisation. Else why did W.H deny Nigeria some trade benefits due to our refusal to sign gay rights in 2015?

Using words like DELUSIONAL? reveals your character flaw. I'd advice you fix you ASAP.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by DarkRebel69: 9:41am On Sep 16, 2017
miarhpe:

I wouldn't stoop low to joining words with you. But you shouldn't have made it apparent that you're from the indomie generation.

That I may I educate your ignorance, cultural export from the west is its own form of colonisation. Else why did W.H deny Nigeria some trade benefits due to our refusal to sign gay rights in 2015?

Using words like DELUSIONAL? reveals your character flaw. I'd advice you fix you ASAP.

You are already stooping low because you are already "joining words with me". If by 'indomie generation' you meant that I was born sometime in the 21st century, then sorry, your deduction was woefully wide of the mark. 'Indomie generation' > was that epithet implied as a derogatory snide? Tsk-tsk. That you're an ageist gives us a thumbnail sketch on just how shallow you are, but I'm not going to dwell on that anyway.

What you call cultural export from the West is only a classic case of a superior culture making an inferior culture its bïtch. People can rabbit on about how no culture is superior, but I do not think that is true especially when looked at through the lens of objectivity. I know culture is an artform and that objectivity hardly qualifies as a judging criteria, but if you juxtapose two cultures you can tell which one is more superior in terms of popularity, longevity, depth, scope, clout, organization, aesthetics, etc. Consider the ancient Egyptian civilization (or culture) for example. Only a chavaunistic zealot would say that the Igbo culture was more superior or organized than ancient Egyptian culture. Heck! While the Egyptian scribes were writing on papyrus, the Igbos still relied heavily on oral tradition.

It's simply natural selection. Cultures erode cultures. Languages erode other languages. Cultures rise and cultures fall. Better to start waking up to reality and do away with this uninformed and reactionary parochialism. Even I, an African, culture to me is an arbitrary nonsense because I am of the opinion that if it's left to run amok, it could prove to be a mental handicap. As if we do not already have enough mental handicaps.
I prefer to be–and I am– a man of multiple cultures and I do not attach any emotional significance to a particular culture–just as I've denounced nationalism and tribalism. I no longer not see myself as Nigerian or Yoruba, but as a 'human being' alone. Of course, I don't expect you to understand. It must all sound like gobbledygook to you.

And yes, I called you delusional because the average European does not give a damn about some human flotsam living in a backwater in Africa. And I'm certain you belong to one of the main organized religions. If you didn't know, religion is at the epicentre of any 'culture', and if you, an African, is a Christian or Muslim rather than an animist or Sango-worshipper then you should know that you are not culturally living in the skin of your forbears. Also, if you wear 'un-African' dresses, and use 'un-African gadgets', and eat 'un-African' foods, and listen to 'un-African' music, and play 'un-African' musical instruments, and even attended or is planning to attend a university (or didn't you know tertiary education has its roots in classical Greek civilization?) then know that each moment you indulge in any of those things you are borrowing from other cultures.

You may still continue to wallow in your cultural parochialism or you may choose to accept the finer fruits of cultural syncretism. The choice is yours.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by miarhpe: 11:07am On Sep 16, 2017
DarkRebel69:

You are already stooping low because you are already "joining words with me". If by 'indomie generation' you meant that I was born sometime in the 21st century, then sorry, your deduction was woefully wide of the mark. 'Indomie generation' > was that epithet implied as a derogatory snide? Tsk-tsk. That you're an ageist gives us a thumbnail sketch on just how shallow you are, but I'm not going to dwell on that anyway.

What you call cultural export from the West is only a classic case of a superior culture making an inferior culture its bïtch. People can rabbit on about how no culture is superior, but I do not think that is true especially when looked at through the lens of objectivity. I know culture is an artform and that objectivity hardly qualifies as a judging criteria, but if you juxtapose two cultures you can tell which one is more superior in terms of popularity, longevity, depth, scope, clout, organization, aesthetics, etc. Consider the ancient Egyptian civilization (or culture) for example. Only a chavaunistic zealot would say that the Igbo culture was more superior or organized than ancient Egyptian culture. Heck! While the Egyptian scribes were writing on papyrus, the Igbos still relied heavily on oral tradition.

It's simply natural selection. Cultures erode cultures. Languages erode other languages. Cultures rise and cultures fall. Better to start waking up to reality and do away with this uninformed and reactionary parochialism. Even I, an African, culture to me is an arbitrary nonsense because I am of the opinion that if it's left to run amok, it could prove to be a mental handicap. As if we do not already have enough mental handicaps.
I prefer to be–and I am– a man of multiple cultures and I do not attach any emotional significance to a particular culture–just as I've denounced nationalism and tribalism. I no longer not see myself as Nigerian or Yoruba, but as a 'human being' alone. Of course, I don't expect you to understand. It must all sound like gobbledygook to you.

And yes, I called you delusional because the average European does not give a damn about some human flotsam living in a backwater in Africa. And I'm certain you belong to one of the main organized religions. If you didn't know, religion is at the epicentre of any 'culture', and if you, an African, is a Christian or Muslim rather than an animist or Sango-worshipper then you should know that you are not culturally living in the skin of your forbears. Also, if you wear 'un-African' dresses, and use 'un-African gadgets', and eat 'un-African' foods, and listen to 'un-African' music, and play 'un-African' musical instruments, and even attended or is planning to attend a university (or didn't you know tertiary education has its roots in classical Greek civilization?) then know that each moment you indulge in any of those things you are borrowing from other cultures.

You may still continue to wallow in your cultural parochialism or you may choose to accept the finer fruits of cultural syncretism. The choice is yours.

My apologies you are beyond redemption, masking judgement flaws with grandiloquence and dictionary excavations. I am not impressed though. I am only sad that money spent on your education should have been sent to hunger ravaged Eritrea and Somali.

Dude please borrow some sense when you are in social space. So an Ibo man should adopt an Egyptian way of life due to culture superiority, instead of show casing his cultural strength to the world?

Fancy words Mr Global citizen, but you still have to indicate your nationality on documents outside this clime. And woe betide you if the officer is a racist Russian or white supremacist.

NB: Mr ageist, 50% of my advisory team are sub 25.

These I say with no animosity. We should catch drinks sometime.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by DarkRebel69: 1:19pm On Sep 16, 2017
miarhpe:

My apologies you are beyond redemption, masking judgement flaws with grandiloquence and dictionary excavations. I am not impressed though. I am only sad that money spent on your education should have been sent to hunger ravaged Eritrea and Somali.

Dude please borrow some sense when you are in social space. So an Ibo man should adopt an Egyptian way of life due to culture superiority, instead of show casing his cultural strength to the world?

Fancy words Mr Global citizen, but you still have to indicate your nationality on documents outside this clime. And woe betide you if the officer is a racist Russian or white supremacist.

NB: Mr ageist, 50% of my advisory team are sub 25.

These I say with no animosity. We should catch drinks sometime.

You used the word ''grandiloquence". That by itself is a crime of grandiloquence.

I never said an Igbo man should adopt Egyptian culture. You must have an IQ of a single digit if that's what you construed my submission to be. I would have bothered to banter with you but it's evident–just as I predicted–that you're not intelligent. It's funny, too, how you spelt "Igbo" as "Ibo". Ibo is the anglicized iteration of the word in case you didn't know–the way the Brits spelt it. You've not even rid yourself of such "colonial influence" and you are here touting yourself as a traditionalist. You must be a half-wit.

And I do not catch drinks with idiöts. Totter off now. Let me focus my attention on more intelligent persons. Good day!

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by miarhpe: 1:55pm On Sep 16, 2017
DarkRebel69:

You used the word ''grandiloquence". That by itself is a crime of grandiloquence.

I never said an Igbo man should adopt Egyptian culture. You must have an IQ of a single digit if that's what you construed my submission to be. I would have bothered to banter with you but it's evident–just as I predicted–that you're not intelligent. It's funny, too, how you spelt "Igbo" as "Ibo". Ibo is the anglicized iteration of the word in case you didn't know–the way the Brits spelt it. You've not even rid yourself of such "colonial influence" and you are here touting yourself as a traditionalist. You must be a half-wit.

And I do not catch drinks with idiöts. Totter off now. Let me focus my attention on more intelligent persons. Good day!

It amazes me how you highlight and dwell on trivialities, avoiding the serious issues. Really? a lecture on spelling bee?

Arguing for the reign of superior culture over another has bared the spirit and intent on your earlier statement. We needed no translator on that. I hold this maxim in its truest form, that every system (in this case culture) under the sun is prone to its flaws.

I would advice you live with the knowledge of the frailty of human existence and stop the intellectual brag rights. If Plato in all his wisdom didn't consider himself to be wise but a lover of knowledge, then it would be foolish to jump out of a plate of Amala and gbegiri to claim intellectual superiority against a mortar you have never met.

My Intent isn't too win this argument but to sharpen perspectives. Do not be sore over this, we could chat over drinks.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2017
DarkRebel69:

I just love it!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today: Throwback, Now Pics by vicahto(m): 8:22am On Oct 05, 2017
!!! �

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' / Cancer ................... (a True Life Story) / Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.