Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,858 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:57 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (712992 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by kooolkunlex: 7:10am On Apr 04, 2019
dizzynet:
Hi Guys

I am sharing this to encourage someone.

About 15 months ago, I took the brave decision to travel abroad for better opportunities. Brave because I had a decent job as per naija standards but I was pretty stagnant and making no genuine progress in my career. I considered several countries but eventually settled for Ireland as it was less competitive than other countries and they offered graduates a genuine chance to get a job after graduation. I barely put enough money together for visa application, flights and 50% of the tuition. I came to study a Masters in Computing(Data Analytics) at DIT, I did not know much about the school but the deciding factor in picking it was that they allowed a 50% down payment of tuition for registration.

It was a very intense period while I studied, I was lucky to be get a part time job almost immediately after I arrived and it was extremely difficult juggling this with full time study especially as the masters degree was extremely packed. I did not need any extra motivation to dedicate my whole being to studying, this often meant I had to hang around all night in Starbucks, completing assignments and studying.

Now to the testimony, about 2 months ago I graduated and I actually had a job offer as an Analytics Consultant in a top Consulting Firm here in Dublin before I graduated. Now this is nothing but God's grace as I know for a fact it is not easy. On accepting the Job offer, the company wasted no time in preparing a critical skills work permit application(equivalent of green card) on my behalf which got approved about two weeks ago.

I used nairaland a lot when researching study destinations and putting together my visa papers so feel free to reach out to me if you require any information.

Hi bro, I’m planning to apply for master in environmental studies/management. Please what chances do I have in securing a job after completion of the program. I want to know if courses/professions like this is worth the stress .Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by kayvine4u: 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2019
Hello house,

I am planning to apply for my MSc at Dublin City University for september start date and i would love to go with my two kids, while my husband stays back. Is this allowed, would the kids be issued visas as well?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:27am On Apr 05, 2019
kayvine4u:
Hello house,

I am planning to apply for my MSc at Dublin City University for september start date and i would love to go with my two kids, while my husband stays back. Is this allowed, would the kids be issued visas as well?

If you have an offer, speak to your agent (I guess thats faster means of getting the right information).

A slower means will be to read through the thread yourself- Dependents are not allowed whilst studying , exception to PhD students only. In simple English , you cant take your children along.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sholsp: 9:53am On Apr 05, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]Hi@ dizzynet, nice experience you had in Ireland and this brings out the positivity about the prospects there.i tried messaging you but i think your permission is needed.i have also paid my 50% upfront for DIT, will like to know how flexible they are in respect to paying the balance.is there a strict timeline and how can i spread it to make it easy for me.tnx

About 15 months ago, I took the brave decision to travel abroad for better opportunities. Brave because I had a decent job as per naija standards but I was pretty stagnant and making no genuine progress in my career. I considered several countries but eventually settled for Ireland as it was less competitive than other countries and they offered graduates a genuine chance to get a job after graduation. I barely put enough money together for visa application, flights and 50% of the tuition. I came to study a Masters in Computing(Data Analytics) at DIT, I did not know much about the school but the deciding factor in picking it was that they allowed a 50% down payment of tuition for registration.

It was a very intense period while I studied, I was lucky to be get a part time job almost immediately after I arrived and it was extremely difficult juggling this with full time study especially as the masters degree was extremely packed. I did not need any extra motivation to dedicate my whole being to studying, this often meant I had to hang around all night in Starbucks, completing assignments and studying.

Now to the testimony, about 2 months ago I graduated and I actually had a job offer as an Analytics Consultant in a top Consulting Firm here in Dublin before I graduated. Now this is nothing but God's grace as I know for a fact it is not easy. On accepting the Job offer, the company wasted no time in preparing a critical skills work permit application(equivalent of green card) on my behalf which got approved about two weeks ago.

I used nairaland a lot when researching study destinations and putting together my visa papers so feel free to reach out to me if you require any information. [/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 10:06am On Apr 05, 2019
Sholsp:
[color=#990000][/color]i have also paid my 50% upfront for DIT, will like to know how flexible they are in respect to paying the balance.is there a strict timeline and how can i spread it to make it easy for me.tnx

DIT requires payment of at least 6000 euros which is inline with minimum requirement by the embassy. I'll suggest you pay your tuition in full as this reduces the weight or amount required for your visa application
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Jenniliousatoe: 11:28am On Apr 05, 2019
I has two Canada Visa refusals too i included both and I got my visa .

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2019
Good day, I was offered admission to study M.Sc in Sustainable Resource Management in the university of Limerick for september 2019. I would like to know if there is a high possibility of getting a good job there after studies? What is the average pay for a per time job as a student there and the probability of getting a per time job. Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ANEGBE84(m): 11:16am On Apr 06, 2019
Good morning PLS I wanted to know if this IELTS will b accepted for Ireland school and embassy.
( L R W S) (5.5 ,4.0, 5.0, 7.0). Applying for masters program.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 06, 2019
ANEGBE84:
Good morning PLS I wanted to know if this IELTS will b accepted for Ireland school and embassy.

I'm afraid no.

You would have to redo it. This time around put in a lot of effort in preparation and practice. You need to have a minimum of 6 6 6 6 for masters.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by holar2ge(m): 1:56pm On Apr 06, 2019
Hi Sir

Wolesantos:
hello great people is there anyone applying to Cork institute of technology or already There in the house?

Please reply
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mydavids: 3:15pm On Apr 06, 2019
If you are having issues with IELTS, you can do PTE, It’s simple and that’s what I used. Cheers.
ANEGBE84:
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 6:06pm On Apr 06, 2019
ANEGBE84:

The question is does your school requires Ielts?

If no, this is a ok by the Irish embassy.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Phumzee92: 6:47pm On Apr 06, 2019
@ICaSNg and other gurus in the house, Please I need your candid advice.

I recently got admission to study M.Sc in Accounting and Financial Management at Griffith College Dublin, Ireland. Please I need enquiries on the following:

1) The total tuition expected for me to pay is €12,035. As soon as I have paid for half of the tution to be able to get my study permit, is it possible to atleast pay the balance of 30% by doing part time jobs in Dublin?
2) Please I would like to know the best month to apply for a study permit and the necessary documents like proof of funds and so on required for me to be able to successful get my visa and study permit.
3) I need clarifications on Edu Bond as I do not know what it is about and how long it takes to get visa once application has been submitted?
4) I would also like to know the payment pattern for Griffith College if anyone knows for international students who cannot afford to pay the full fees at once?
5) Please I need advice on how to go about securing an affordable accommodation at Griffith College.

Thanks in anticipation for your responses.

Cheers!!!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 06, 2019
Hello fam, please, how can one make payment for PTE exams. I try using a master card to make payment, its not working, saying payment decline. I dont know if am doing the right thing. Please gurus in the house, tell me any other alternative to make pay for the exam. Also, someone should please help me with some materia. Its urgent.
Thank you.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ANEGBE84(m): 7:30am On Apr 07, 2019
[quote author=ICaSNg post=77319829]

The question is does your school requires Ielts?

If no, this is a ok by the Irish embassy.

Ok thank you so much.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by rockyh(m): 10:36am On Apr 07, 2019
It's a lie master post study of griffith is two years and it's a private college even dbs can give you two years post study evidence attached from my chat with the school representative
can u please send me his contact
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 1:45pm On Apr 07, 2019
Phumzee92:
@ICaSNg and other gurus in the house, Please I need your candid advice.

I recently got admission to study M.Sc in Accounting and Financial Management at Griffith College Dublin, Ireland. Please I need enquiries on the following:

1) The total tuition expected for me to pay is €12,035. As soon as I have paid for half of the tution to be able to get my study permit, is it possible to atleast pay the balance of 30% by doing part time jobs in Dublin?
2) Please I would like to know the best month to apply for a study permit and the necessary documents like proof of funds and so on required for me to be able to successful get my visa and study permit.
3) I need clarifications on Edu Bond as I do not know what it is about and how long it takes to get visa once application has been submitted?
4) I would also like to know the payment pattern for Griffith College if anyone knows for international students who cannot afford to pay the full fees at once?
5) Please I need advice on how to go about securing an affordable accommodation at Griffith College.

Thanks in anticipation for your responses.

Cheers!!!

My answer will be very brief:

Griffith College requires FULL TUITION FEE payment.

cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mydavids: 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2019
What center do you wanna use to write the exam? Go there and ask them for assistance.
Silin:
Hello fam, please, how can one make payment for PTE exams. I try using a master card to make payment, its not working, saying payment decline. I dont know if am doing the right thing. Please gurus in the house, tell me any other alternative to make pay for the exam. Also, someone should please help me with some materia. Its urgent.
Thank you.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 08, 2019
Mydavids:
What center do you wanna use to write the exam? Go there and ask them for assistance.

Thank you, i want to use Abuja, but i dont reside there. I stay very far away from Abuja. How do i go about it? Is there any other alternative? please.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mydavids: 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2019
I don’t know about Abuja, I did mine in Lagos, and had the same issue then went to UKEAs and was sorted out as I was to use them as my exam center. When registering you should see available center or something.
Silin:

Thank you, i want to use Abuja, but i dont reside there. I stay very far away from Abuja. How do i go about it? Is there any other alternative? please.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by mykhelz958: 8:44pm On Apr 08, 2019
Mydavids:
I don’t know about Abuja, I did mine in Lagos, and had the same issue then went to UKEAs and was sorted out as I was to use them as my exam center. When registering you should see available center or something.

Just heard those applying for September intake should wait till june to apply for visa. Please someone should confirm this.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pelumos(m): 3:57pm On Apr 09, 2019
Good day folks,

Please can someone tell me what telex is. I have been seeing it listed in requirements specified in this thread and I have tried searching to find out what it is but I have not been able to find what it means.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ANEGBE84(m): 6:59pm On Apr 09, 2019
PLS good evening is there any one who is schooling in LIT studying management course. I got admission the fees is 10,250 which I think is very high,also was told to deposit 500 euro to keep the admission, I wanted to know if any one studying there did same thing. PLS I need a cheap school as soon as possible for September intake.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Maxihyfr: 7:29pm On Apr 09, 2019
I just had my 2nd Canadian visa denied... I'm so down ryt now... I'm thinking about Ireland as the next step.. what are the necessary requirements for Ireland visa??
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Wolesantos: 9:09pm On Apr 09, 2019
Pelumos:
Good day folks,

Please can someone tell me what telex is. I have been seeing it listed in requirements specified in this thread and I have tried searching to find out what it is but I have not been able to find what it means.

Telex receipt is issued by the bank you make your fees payment through. it looks like a receipt for confirmation the money you transferred was successfully received by your institution.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Lalatee: 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2019
Hi guys,

Very new here, dont even know how to navigate sef.

Seriously motivated by this, putting in my admissions this week.

Praying for a testimony like yours

dizzynet:
Hi Guys

I used nairaland a lot when researching study destinations and putting together my visa papers so feel free to reach out to me if you require any information.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pelumos(m): 10:20pm On Apr 09, 2019
I paid mine via Flywire, but I believe I can always print the PDF Receipt from Flywire, right?
Wolesantos:

Telex receipt is issued by the bank you make your fees payment through. it looks like a receipt for confirmation the money you transferred was successfully received by your institution.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 8:41am On Apr 10, 2019
ANEGBE84:
PLS good evening is there any one who is schooling in LIT studying management course. I got admission the fees is 10,250 which I think is very high,also was told to deposit 500 euro to keep the admission, I wanted to know if any one studying there did same thing. PLS I need a cheap school as soon as possible for September intake.

Unless you have a 2.1 or 1st class thats when you can get a tuition as low as 7,250 euros .
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by rockyh(m): 9:25am On Apr 10, 2019
Whats the admission requirements for Limerick institute of technology for a post graduate diploma in international business management
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:57am On Apr 10, 2019
rockyh:
Whats the admission requirements for Limerick institute of technology for a post graduate diploma in international business management

Check their website...

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Wolesantos: 11:20am On Apr 10, 2019
Pelumos:
I paid mine via Flywire, but I believe I can always print the PDF Receipt from Flywire, right?

That's perfectly fine coupled with official fees receipt issued by your institution.

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.