Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (719258 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Seg11(m): 5:33pm On May 11, 2019
Silin:
Good day fam, please i have a question, in the questionnaire, they said we should submit a copy of a previous passport. What can be done if the previous copy cant be found. The previous one was stolen though. So i got a new one last year. Please gurus in the house should help with this question.

Thank you.

I'm in same situation with you, i intend to go file police report and affidavit. I think this should be okay.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Tee2564: 11:44am On May 12, 2019
Good day people,
Anyone going to National university of Ireland galway this September?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by debris: 3:50pm On May 12, 2019
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by GrasstoGrace: 11:17pm On May 12, 2019
Tee2564:
Good day people,
Anyone going to National university of Ireland galway this September?

I sent you an email..
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by temi57: 11:38pm On May 12, 2019
Good evening everyone.
I am new here, pardon me.
Please can i apply for a masters degree in ireland with a 2.2 and can i write PTE instead of IELTS for my English proficiency test. Thank you

ICaSNg:
Hello All,

WELCOME TO IRISH STUDY VISA THREAD
==========================

I am creating this thread to answer any queries on how to get :

1. Admission offers in Ireland
2. Visa processing
3. The post study work visa types available in Ireland
4. Opportunities for IT , Engineering and Health scs Students /Graduates.

Ask me any questions on the above and I believe I should be able to provide valid information.

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by oyinthread: 8:57am On May 13, 2019
Plz, who got an offer from Griffith college for Sept intake or current student there?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by debris: 7:28pm On May 13, 2019
My Studies Application to TU Dublin will be making it 1month by next week Monday.

The last time I heard from them was on 1st May when they asked about my carry over courses whether I passed them.

Since 1st May till now still haven't heard from them again my application status is showing.

"READY TO REVIEW"

I thought their admission is something of 2weeks my people that applied here for Direct entry was yours up to 1 month?

Am a bit worried is just that school I applied to die to their tuition process
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mydavids: 8:33pm On May 13, 2019
Yes to both.
temi57:
Good evening everyone.
Please can i apply for a masters degree in ireland with a 2.2 and can i write PTE instead of IELTS for my English proficiency test. Thank you

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mydavids: 8:34pm On May 13, 2019
it’s an Okay school.
oyinthread:
Plz, who got an offer from Griffith college for Sept intake or current student there?

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by temi57: 9:22pm On May 13, 2019
Thanks for the timely response.
Mydavids:
Yes to both.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by oyinthread: 9:50pm On May 13, 2019
Mydavids:
it’s an Okay school.
thanks.. Will appreciate info about the school if you have any. The tuition is on the high side but the course is fairly OK from research (pharmaceutical business and technology) .. I found out you are in Nui, kindly, give info about the school plz..thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by sparrow03(m): 11:27pm On May 13, 2019
Please can I get more personalized information from you about studying in DIT and Dublin in general, I just received an offer from the school to study MSc in supply chain
dizzynet:
Hi Guys

I am sharing this to encourage someone.

About 15 months ago, I took the brave decision to travel abroad for better opportunities. Brave because I had a decent job as per naija standards but I was pretty stagnant and making no genuine progress in my career. I considered several countries but eventually settled for Ireland as it was less competitive than other countries and they offered graduates a genuine chance to get a job after graduation. I barely put enough money together for visa application, flights and 50% of the tuition. I came to study a Masters in Computing(Data Analytics) at DIT, I did not know much about the school but the deciding factor in picking it was that they allowed a 50% down payment of tuition for registration.

It was a very intense period while I studied, I was lucky to be get a part time job almost immediately after I arrived and it was extremely difficult juggling this with full time study especially as the masters degree was extremely packed. I did not need any extra motivation to dedicate my whole being to studying, this often meant I had to hang around all night in Starbucks, completing assignments and studying.

Now to the testimony, about 2 months ago I graduated and I actually had a job offer as an Analytics Consultant in a top Consulting Firm here in Dublin before I graduated. Now this is nothing but God's grace as I know for a fact it is not easy. On accepting the Job offer, the company wasted no time in preparing a critical skills work permit application(equivalent of green card) on my behalf which got approved about two weeks ago.

I used nairaland a lot when researching study destinations and putting together my visa papers so feel free to reach out to me if you require any information.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by oyinthread: 9:58am On May 14, 2019
Got an offer for Msc at Griffith cost around 6m, presently doing my pgde at unilag. Married with a kid and also a fashionpreneur.. Is it worth going for this Msc in Ireland? fashion designing lucrative in Ireland?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ahiboilandgas: 5:42pm On May 14, 2019
oyinthread:
Got an offer for Msc at Griffith cost around 6m, presently doing my pgde at unilag. Married with a kid and also a fashionpreneur.. Is it worth going for this Msc in Ireland? fashion designing lucrative in Ireland?
u wan spend 6m why not expand your biz ...

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by holar2ge(m): 7:05pm On May 14, 2019
I got an Offer too..

oyinthread:
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Jessiejagajaga: 8:34pm On May 14, 2019
please who got an offer in institute of technology tralee? September intake or who is a student in that college

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by GrasstoGrace: 8:35pm On May 14, 2019
debris:
My Studies Application to TU Dublin will be making it 1month by next week Monday.

The last time I heard from them was on 1st May when they asked about my carry over courses whether I passed them.

Since 1st May till now still haven't heard from them again my application status is showing.

"READY TO REVIEW"

I thought their admission is something of 2weeks my people that applied here for Direct entry was yours up to 1 month?

Am a bit worried is just that school I applied to die to their tuition process

I sent you a mail.. Pls reply it
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by GrasstoGrace: 8:41pm On May 14, 2019
temi57:
Good evening everyone.

Yes you can.. Try getting in touch
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by EddyNumerouno(m): 3:30pm On May 15, 2019
Mydavids:
it’s an Okay school.

What’s your opinion of cork institute of technology?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ANEGBE84(m): 10:04pm On May 16, 2019
Good evening house PLS a friend of mine did Engineering as first degree hard a Third class and did his PGD in business administration, now he is thinking of going for nursing in ireland.the problem now is what should he apply for is it Bsc
or top up,and which of d school is cheap.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dreamchaserz(m): 1:55pm On May 17, 2019
Good day house.

When writing a sponsorship letter for study visa application, who is it addressed to?

Thanks

cc
Pristine88
ICaSNg
Glokit
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Wolesantos: 7:30pm On May 17, 2019
EddyNumerouno:

What’s your opinion of cork institute of technology?

I am heading in that direction bro
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Wolesantos: 7:31pm On May 17, 2019
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mydavids: 9:40pm On May 17, 2019
No embassy in Lagos, should be addressed to Abuja.
Wolesantos:

it should be addressed to the embassy in Lagos or Abuja. depending on the location u choose
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dreamchaserz(m): 5:45am On May 18, 2019
Mydavids:
No embassy in Lagos, should be addressed to Abuja.

Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by EzeK01: 10:02am On May 18, 2019
Can someone help, do i need to get accommodation before applying for visa
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mydavids: 8:09pm On May 18, 2019
Yes, can be temp accommodation. But necessary
EzeK01:
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Laurendee: 10:00am On May 19, 2019
Hello please I need clarifications and advice on somethings. I’m soon graduate from the university with a bsc in nursing, already a licensed registered nurse and midwife as well. I’ll be going for my nursing intership soon here in Nigeria. I want to do my masters program in nursing in Ireland and also get registered as a nurse in Ireland as well. I noticed in most Irish universities I have to be an Irish licensed nurse to do most of the masters. So my question is, if I start my Irish nurse registration process and it’s a success would I apply for a study or work visa at the embassy cause I want to be able to work and study at the same time. How should I go about it??
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:22pm On May 19, 2019
EzeK01:

According to the new Irish visa rules for 2019, temporary accommodation is not a requirement.

New requirement is to pay your full tuition or if your schools permits partial payment, the embassy advises at least 80% of your Tuition fees before visa application.

This is not stated on their website , but was disclosed during visa training session in April.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:25pm On May 19, 2019
Laurendee:
Hello please I need clarifications and advice on somethings. I’m soon graduate from the university with a bsc in nursing, already a licensed registered nurse and midwife as well. I’ll be going for my nursing intership soon here in Nigeria. I want to do my masters program in nursing in Ireland and also get registered as a nurse in Ireland as well. I noticed in most Irish universities I have to be an Irish licensed nurse to do most of the masters. So my question is, if I start my Irish nurse registration process and it’s a success would I apply for a study or work visa at the embassy cause I want to be able to work and study at the same time. How should I go about it??

You can start your Irish Nursing license processing from Nigeria so far you have at least 2/3 years full time work experience- Its very straightforward and similar to the Canadian WES process.

If you however choose to go for a masters in Nursing, you have automatic 2 years work permit but you still need to get your Irish nursing permit sorted before you can practise as a Nurse in Ireland.

Cheers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.