Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,827 members, 7,806,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (718982 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:26pm On May 19, 2019
Dreamchaserz:
Good day house.

When writing a sponsorship letter for study visa application, who is it addressed to?

Thanks

The Irish Embassy in Abuja but through VFS office in Lagos / Abuja

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:27pm On May 19, 2019
ANEGBE84:
Good evening house PLS a friend of mine did Engineering as first degree hard a Third class and did his PGD in business administration, now he is thinking of going for nursing in ireland.the problem now is what should he apply for is it Bsc
or top up,and which of d school is cheap.

Your friend need to reevaluate his career pursuits, seems all over the place.

That's totally impossible for Ireland

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 8:47am On May 20, 2019
Laurendee:
Hello please I need clarifications and advice on somethings. I’m soon graduate from the university with a bsc in nursing, already a licensed registered nurse and midwife as well. I’ll be going for my nursing intership soon here in Nigeria. I want to do my masters program in nursing in Ireland and also get registered as a nurse in Ireland as well. I noticed in most Irish universities I have to be an Irish licensed nurse to do most of the masters. So my question is, if I start my Irish nurse registration process and it’s a success would I apply for a study or work visa at the embassy cause I want to be able to work and study at the same time. How should I go about it??

You need to research a bit online but I understand you can get a nursing job ik Ireland from that profile you have already. Can't say more but I know of two cases... just search Google very well... if you get here on that path you could choose to still do the MSC. Also, I think if you mail any university in Ireland about your question they'll tell you what to do, they want students or their tuition fees lol.... may the force be with you grin

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 5:01pm On May 20, 2019
geobukky:

You need to research a bit online but I understand you can get a nursing job ik Ireland from that profile you have already. Can't say more but I know of two cases... just search Google very well... if you get here on that path you could choose to still do the MSC. Also, I think if you mail any university in Ireland about your question they'll tell you what to do, they want students or their tuition fees lol.... may the force be with you grin

This statement is totally untrue- "they want students or their tuition fees"

Schools will not bend their policies for students neither will the embassy.
I can attest to that , e.g schools suggested the Irish Embassy starts offering premium visas they refused that they are not like the UK and will not encourage extorting students.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Laurendee: 6:16pm On May 20, 2019
Thanks so much. You mentioned 2/3 years of full work experience but on the NMBI site, it says one year though but can a year internship count as a full year work experience?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Laurendee: 6:17pm On May 20, 2019
ICaSNg:

You can start your Irish Nursing license processing from Nigeria so far you have at least 2/3 years full time work experience- Its very straightforward and similar to the Canadian WES process.

If you however choose to go for a masters in Nursing, you have automatic 2 years work permit but you still need to get your Irish nursing permit sorted before you can practise as a Nurse in Ireland.

Cheers

Thanks so much. You mentioned 2/3 years of full work experience but on the NMBI site, it says one year though but can a year internship count as a full year work experience?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Emmanuel360(m): 8:46pm On May 20, 2019
So I got admitted to dbs for MSC programme. I have my fee and I'm ready to make payment but I want to know if I should separate the fee into acceptance fee and tuition fee or just make a single payment. According to the offer letter I received the acceptance fee is part of the tuition fee and will be a deduction from the tuition fee. Those headed to dbs tell me how to proceed

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by odimbannamdi(m): 9:01pm On May 20, 2019
sparrow03:
Please can I get more personalized information from you about studying in DIT and Dublin in general, I just received an offer from the school to study MSc in supply chain

Congrats bro..

How is their tuition fee like?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Aragon1: 8:00am On May 21, 2019
Good morning house, i have been a silent follower and have taken time to read through the thread. After going through the financial requirements for study visa application,
I am still in loss of which documents would suffice as evidence of business transactions.(excluding Bank statement, CAC documents and tax clearance).. Thanks for your response.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Wolesantos: 8:14am On May 21, 2019
Good Mrn good people in this forum!

is there anyone heading towards Cork city here. kindly pm lets relate for September intake.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ANEGBE84(m): 1:49pm On May 21, 2019
PLS anyone here going to LiT dis September, PLS wanted to know how U paid your school fees. Also has any here made payment through Flywire b for.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Oluwatoyosee: 3:44pm On May 21, 2019
Hello
I just want to know if there's anyone heading to Dbs
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dreamchaserz(m): 4:31am On May 22, 2019
Good day.
I am going to LIT too. First €500 deposit was paid through Flywire. Then for the balance, I had my sponsor transfer the funds into my account then I applied for Form A through my bank(Firstbank) to pay the balance. Whole process took about a week.
Exchange rate was 403.
I hope this helps.

Regards.

ANEGBE84:
PLS anyone here going to LiT dis September, PLS wanted to know how U paid your school fees. Also has any here made payment through Flywire b for.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ahiboilandgas: 8:52am On May 22, 2019
Msc fintech vs Msc enterprenurship in national college of ireland which is preferable in term of job prospects in ireland ...any ireland base person can give his advice highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sholsp: 11:14am On May 22, 2019
Good morning everyone, please how many photocopies of original documents is required at the Vfs when submitting the study Visa application? Will appreciate info from anyone in the know.regards
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 1:21pm On May 22, 2019
Laurendee:

Try your luck. No offence though I personally don't think 1 year internship is enough to get validated. Bear in mind you will be handling people's lives you need to show proof of having years of professionally experience so at least 1 year full time of post grad experience + 1 year internship maybe.

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dreamchaserz(m): 1:57pm On May 22, 2019
Sholsp:
Good morning everyone, please how many photocopies of original documents is required at the Vfs when submitting the study Visa application? Will appreciate info from anyone in the know.regards

Two sets of photocopies for every document you submit. This includes all pages of your international passport too.
Everything you will pay at vfs is #46,950 which includes courier fee.

Make sure your 2 passport photographs are the recommended size...if not, you go snap am for #1500 at vfs(abuja only..dunno about lagos)
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sholsp: 2:54pm On May 22, 2019
@ Dreamchaserz, thanks a lot for the info, God bless.

Two sets of photocopies for every document you submit. This includes all pages of your international passport too.

Make sure your 2 passport photographs are the recommended size...if not, you go snap am for #1500 at vfs(abuja only..dunno about lagos)[/quote]
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pradit: 3:54pm On May 22, 2019
Dreamchaserz:

Make sure your 2 passport photographs are the recommended size...if not, you go snap am for #1500 at vfs(abuja only..dunno about lagos)
check your mail
Bro
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dreamchaserz(m): 4:45pm On May 22, 2019
Pradit:
check your mail
Bro

Nothing in my mail!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Oniemmanuelt: 1:05pm On May 23, 2019
Good day everyone. Pls,I want to know if someone in the US can stand as sponsor for someone and if yes what are the documents the sponsor must provide..

Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by 2bpat: 4:58pm On May 23, 2019
ICaSNg:

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by 2bpat: 5:06pm On May 23, 2019
@ICaSNg my sister wants to get a REFERENCE LETTER from her employer for VISA purpose. Please who will they address the letter to (recipient/address)
Kindly help write it out in practice.

Thank you.

ICaSNg:

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by demmysoft: 10:24pm On May 23, 2019
Hello House, Anybody that is familiar with Dublin Inst of Tech and Cork Inst of Tech to kindly advise me on the best option out of the two schools. I was admitted by the schools for Msc in IT related course. please advise on the best option. Thank you.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bjrokenhear003: 4:43am On May 24, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
Msc fintech vs Msc enterprenurship in national college of ireland which is preferable in term of job prospects in ireland ...any ireland base person can give his advice highly appreciated

if you know you dont have passion for IT Or come from an IT field, please thinbk twice before you study fintech, my house mate studies it and everytime she crying, this her last semester on thesis, its just now she started working, since she been paying bills from money she brought from Nigeria

Entrepreneurship is okay as it is based more on assignment and just 1 exam for the semester but the otherwise for fintech, assignment up to 5 or 6 serious tasks and placed in groups and then exam

i will write my soujourn about living in Ireland and how true is it to get a white collar job after graduation before the end of this month because i'm writing my final paper on wednesday

From experience if you know you want to study, you can choose schools like GRIFFITH, NCI, TRINITY( In this school, their educational standard is very high. in summary ireland education standard is very hard), however if you coming for hustle, please choose DBS or DIT. Ireland is not a funny place in terms of bills. imagine cinema on Parnell street collects 12 euro per head for just a movie, bus fees 20 euros and house rent almost 500.
If you aren't ready to seriously multitask and be running from class to work or meeting up with deadline of assignment, group meetings, assignment plagarism issues etc choose a good college, make sure you check the course moodle and see if its something you can do. many people took extension but i made up my mind that i was going to survive it. Imagine yesterday crazy exam at GRIFFITH and then today submission of project proposal to moodle link and how you discussing with your supervisor

funny enough i still owe my landlady house rent of 100 euros because i was reading for exam and couldn't work, shes coming for my head today, transport was on my guys this week because no cash. lol

Wish you best of luck

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dreamchaserz(m): 5:43am On May 24, 2019
Bjrokenhear003:

if you know you dont have passion for IT Or come from an IT field, please thinbk twice before you study fintech, my house mate studies it and everytime she crying.

Entrepreneurship is okay as it is based more on assignment and just 1 exam for the semester but the otherwise for fintech, assignment up to 5 or 6 serious tasks and placed in groups and then exam

i will write my soujourn about living in Ireland and how true is it to get a white collar job after graduation before the end of this month because i'm writing my final paper on wednesday

From experience if you know you want to study, you can choose schools like GRIFFITH, NCI, TRINITY( In this school, their educational standard is very high. in summary ireland education standard is very hard), however if you coming for hustle, please choose DBS or DIT. Ireland is not a funny place in terms of bills. imagine cinema on Parnell street collects 12 euro per head for just a movie, bus fees 20 euros and house rent almost 500.
If you aren't ready to seriously multitask and be running from class to work or meeting up with deadline of assignment, group meetings, choose a good college, make sure you check the course moodle and see if its something you can do. many people took extension but i made up my mind that i was going to survive it.

funny enough i still owe my landlady house rent of 100 euros because i was reading for exam and couldn't work, shes coming for my head this today, transport was on my guys this week because no cash. lol

Wish you best of luck

Hello brother,

I can't say I understand how you feel because I've not walked in your shoes. But just know one thing, your post is a motivation to somebody. It's people like you we see in the struggle and we are more determined to keep up the struggle.
Fact is, you are going to win this. You will come out stronger and will hoist the flag of victory.
Keep it going bro, we are rooting for you.

We will be waiting for that update.

Regards
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bjrokenhear003: 6:35am On May 24, 2019
Dreamchaserz:

Hello brother,

I can't say I understand how you feel because I've not walked in your shoes. But just know one thing, your post is a motivation to somebody. It's people like you we see in the struggle and we are more determined to keep up the struggle.
Fact is, you are going to win this. You will come out stronger and will hoist the flag of victory.
Keep it going bro, we are rooting for you.

We will be waiting for that update.

Regards

Thanks bro
God bless and may you accomplish all your goals also

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 7:45am On May 24, 2019
2bpat:
@ICaSNg my sister wants to get a REFERENCE LETTER from her employer for VISA purpose. Please who will they address the letter to (recipient/address)
Kindly help write it out in practice.

Thank you.

Irish Embassy

Through
VFS in your location
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Oniemmanuelt: 8:08am On May 24, 2019
Nobody is replying to this

Good day everyone. Pls,I want to know if someone in the US can stand as sponsor for someone and if yes what are the documents the sponsor must provide..

Thanks[/quote]
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dreamchaserz(m): 10:08am On May 24, 2019
Bjrokenhear003:

Thanks bro
God bless and may you accomplish all your goals also

Cheers

A big amen to that bro
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mydavids: 11:52am On May 24, 2019
I used someone in the US too, the person has to send her financial record, bank record, if he or she was paid a huge amount of money during a specific time, have to include the reason and prove of where in came from, Cheques and all that.
Oniemmanuelt:
Nobody is replying to this

Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by EzeK01: 4:06pm On May 24, 2019
Thanks
ICaSNg:

According to the new Irish visa rules for 2019, temporary accommodation is not a requirement.

New requirement is to pay your full tuition or if your schools permits partial payment, the embassy advises at least 80% of your Tuition fees before visa application.

This is not stated on their website , but was disclosed during visa training session in April.

All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.