Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (719576 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Henrykingiv: 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2019
Congratulations bro. Where did you apply from and what state did they deliver to you.

I am asking because I applied on the 12th of July and nothing yet.
Oseunseun:
Visa issued

Submitted 16th July
Issued on 23rd August
Received today

To Jesus be my glory �

Success to those still expecting

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Lerrrrrrrrrry: 9:15pm On Aug 27, 2019
Yeah
breezy147:

Lol are you still travelling on the 28th?

Congrats.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Lerrrrrrrrrry: 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2019
Who has gotten accommodation here?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bunmi96: 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2019
Yacine:

Not going to nui particularly
Galway business school
Nice, when are you leaving??
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by CastedDude: 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2019
Heading to University of Limerick but yet to get my visa. Congrats to u.
SweetestGirl:
Visa Issued!!!

Submitted on the 17th of July.

Stamped on 24th August.

Delivered today!!!

Yaaay I'm so happy..

All the best to those who are yet to receive theirs.. Your testimony is coming soon..

Ireland here I come!!!

Anyone going to University of Limerick??
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by alusiala: 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2019
Guys this accommodation thing is deadly. How are you guys doing it? I've been checking booking.com and all the properties there are either unavailable or very expensive. I need somewhere temporary to stay for like 1 week.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 3:04am On Aug 28, 2019
You can check off-campus accommodation options (daft.ie etc) under Incoming Student Menu in your UCD sisweb student account. You can also email UCD international for help. Their response time is great!!!

Another way around it might be to connect with guys/babes here schooling in Dublin area who's visas are ready and probably come up with something (temporary) to share cost pending when you guys can sort out your accommodation preferences on arrival in Dublin. Others in the forum already studying in the Dublin area can also help out.....

Be careful though....and for accommodation - always better to pay for what you can see (space offered and review of the tenancy contract). Best of success dude...still dey wait for my visasmiley)

alusiala:
Guys this accommodation thing is deadly. How are you guys doing it? I've been checking booking.com and all the properties there are either unavailable or very expensive. I need somewhere temporary to stay for like 1 week.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Oseunseun: 3:59am On Aug 28, 2019
Applied from Lagos and it was delivered to Lagos. Send them a note maybe

Henrykingiv:
Congratulations bro. Where did you apply from and what state did they deliver to you.

I am asking because I applied on the 12th of July and nothing yet.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Henrykingiv: 6:01am On Aug 28, 2019
Probably that’s why, mine is to be delivered to Auchi,Edo state. Maybe that’s why there’s a delay. Congrats once again.
Oseunseun:
Applied from Lagos and it was delivered to Lagos. Send them a note maybe

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Louiscares: 7:15am On Aug 28, 2019
alusiala:

Hello alusiala,

Generally, you can get a place for short stay using Airbnb of the country you are going.Since your destination is Ireland, check up Airbnb Ireland for temporary short stay accommodation.

You can copy or click the link below.

https://www.airbnb.com/a/Ireland?af=43719944&c=.pi0.pk62676068051_280718781731_m_70142073587&sem_position=1t1&sem_target=kwd-70142073587&location_of_interest=2372&location_physica

Just filter/ set the price range you want. You can also do that on booking.com. Compare price on airbnb if it is cheaper than what you have seen on booking.com.

Please, ensure you read the reviews of any apartments. And note, some Airbnb the owners live in the house but give out rooms in their apartment's for short stay etc.

You can also contact your school accommodation office asking for students who has a place/room for rent. Also, you can comment on your school page on Facebook that you are a new international student looking for accommodation and you would get a response.

Finally, you can connect with anyone going to same school or city in Ireland on this platform and get a temporary place from booking.com and split the bills among yourselves. I think this is better as you can always book a hotel that has free cancellation ,the only issue is that you may have to arrive Ireland same day with the person(s) you are splitting the bills with.

I would advise in a case where there is no free cancellation, don't pay for all the days , just book a day and when you arrive the facility and you like it ,you can pay for the other days until you get your permanent accommodation. If you have a credit card, it is better and safer to use a credit card to make any online reservation/booking than a debit card but if you don't have ,it is fine.

Good luck.

Regards,

Louis

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by debris: 7:27am On Aug 28, 2019
Good morning guys.....

Please I have a question I have a conference to attend in Nottingham UK in few weeks, at the same time would wanna check on something with a friend in Dublin Ireland .

Please how possible could that be for people who has been there, I really don't know much about this Britain exit stuff whether my trip to Dublin would be aborted.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 28, 2019
Bunmi96:
Hi guys, anyone going to NUI Galway and leaving on Saturday 31st August

Hi, yeah let's connect. What's email address or whatsapp number
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Yacine: 11:16am On Aug 28, 2019
Bunmi96:

Nice, when are you leaving??
Mid September
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by dkmdebugin: 12:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
Congratulations. I’m going to UL too. I just sent an email. Do respond to it.

SweetestGirl:
Visa Issued!!!

Submitted on the 17th of July.

Stamped on 24th August.

Delivered today!!!

Yaaay I'm so happy..

All the best to those who are yet to receive theirs.. Your testimony is coming soon..

Ireland here I come!!!

Anyone going to University of Limerick??
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Efe07(m): 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2019
Good afternoon house, please can I meet anyone going to WIT here?

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by alusiala: 1:10pm On Aug 28, 2019
Alright you're also going to UCD that's nice! Hopefully we will all meet next week. I found some hostels on Booking.com
But the prices/availability is tough. Housing is really expensive in Dublin. I'll keep you posted.

vkyburnz:
You can check off-campus accommodation options (daft.ie etc) under Incoming Student Menu in your UCD sisweb student account. You can also email UCD international for help. Their response time is great!!!

Another way around it might be to connect with guys/babes here schooling in Dublin area who's visas are ready and probably come up with something (temporary) to share cost pending when you guys can sort out your accommodation preferences on arrival in Dublin. Others in the forum already studying in the Dublin area can also help out.....

Be careful though....and for accommodation - always better to pay for what you can see (space offered and review of the tenancy contract). Best of success dude...still dey wait for my visasmiley)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pelumos(m): 1:50pm On Aug 28, 2019
I have asked before and I am kindly asking again. Has anyone received visa after the intended travel date?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 2:02pm On Aug 28, 2019
Yup...UCD.

Will look/ask around. If there's anything good and worth considering, will let you on

alusiala:
Alright you're also going to UCD that's nice! Hopefully we will all meet next week. I found some hostels on Booking.com
But the prices/availability is tough. Housing is really expensive in Dublin. I'll keep you posted.

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2019
Bros when did you submit your application?

Pelumos:
I have asked before and I am kindly asking again. Has anyone received visa after the intended travel date?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pelumos(m): 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2019
25th of July
vkyburnz:
Bros when did you submit your application?

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by candyluv15: 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2019
hello everyone,please as anyone who submitted their application from 1st of july to 14th july recieved their visa.... because embassy told me, they just recieved my application on 23rd of August meanwhile i submitted 3rd of july and it got to the embassy 4th of july...

i just want to know if it is a general issue...
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 28, 2019
candyluv15:
hello everyone,please as anyone who submitted their application from 1st of july to 14th july recieved their visa.... because embassy told me, they just recieved my application on 23rd of August meanwhile i submitted 3rd of july and it got to the embassy 4th of july...

I applied at vfs Abuja on the 8th, it got to the embassey on the 9th of July. haven't received any update yet sad
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Akmarley(m): 2:44pm On Aug 28, 2019
Whuttt that’s like 6 weeks later

candyluv15:

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by BlueManKing: 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2019
candyluv15:

I submitted on the 5th of July still no news.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by cookery07: 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2019
candyluv15:

I applied on the 10th of July and my application was forwarded to Abuja on the 11th, but I haven't heard anything yet.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by alusiala: 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2019
Pelumos:

I'm not sure about that. I think the date that matters more is your course start date. I feel they'll try to send your passport back before you're meant to start classes so you won't miss any class.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by CastedDude: 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2019
For those who submitted in Lagos, you should know that the date VFS forwarded ur application to Embassy in Abuja might be different from the day it was received by the embassy. I submitted my application on 8th of July in Lagos and it was forwarded to Abuja on 9th (the next day) but the embassy told me that my application was received in their office on the 11th.

For you who submitted ur apllication on July 3rd, maybe there's a mistake somewhere because it cannot take weeks to reach Abuja embassy. It might only take few days. So I think ur application has been with them since and they are working on it. You will get good news soon.

candyluv15:

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pelumos(m): 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2019
Well, i hope so.
alusiala:

I'm not sure about that. I think the date that matters more is your course start date. I feel they'll try to send your passport back before you're meant to start classes so you won't miss any class.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Orji16: 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2019
Am new here
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ifechez: 4:10pm On Aug 28, 2019
Please how important is PTE in visa application, is there any implication of not including it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.