Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (718329 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lilshon(m): 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2019
Seg11:
Your visa and admission letter

[qauote author=slimtom1994 post=81944163]Please what document were required at the airport?

For those of you who have travelled. Thanks.

And medical insurance. My personal experience though

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by damo20: 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2019
I sent you a pm cos I'm interested in the accommodation.
Seg11:
There is an accommodation available in dublin 11 room share in an apartment in same building where i live from the 13th of September for long term. Price is 400euros monthly. I'm a TUD student, arrived dublin on the 2nd. Getting accommodation here isnt easy attal, i was just lucky.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by damo20: 9:57pm On Sep 05, 2019
I'm going to UCD but I haven't arrived yet.
Oseunseun:
Hi. Please any UCD person that has arrived here?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by slimtom1994: 10:45pm On Sep 05, 2019
lilshon:

And medical insurance. My personal experience though

Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Emmanuel360(m): 11:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
vkyburnz:
Normally those transactions are captured (when account is debited for the treasury bills investment). I cant speak for all banks BUT for Ecobank, the interest + amount invested for the bills is credited back to the account on maturity date.

In the Ecobank scenario, it means the balance in the account will be less by the invested amount as at the time your sponsor request for a printout - assuming you want to apply for a visa with the bank statement at that particular time (b4 bills maturity date).

It might not be a problem if you ask your sponsor to attach with his/her bank statement the Certificate of Tresury Bills Investment wch details things like - yield, maturity date, etc. In your sponsor letter of consent that can be explained with the certificate as supporting evidence.

It could also be a problem since there's a portion of visa guidelines that says - ".....funds in sponsors account should be easily accessible ....."

In my opinion (others can add their experiences), it might be safer to get a co-sponsor just in case the visa officer thinks such funds might not be readily accessible.

Just my Lil one kobo

I really appreciate this. Thank you
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by damo20: 3:59am On Sep 06, 2019
Hey I'll like to get in touch with you
I read your post and ordinarily I would have chosen turn a blind eye to it but for sake of clarity to those intending to come study here in Ireland, it would be a disservice to them if I remain mute. In as much as I reckon with you on certain constraints you made mention of here, it is not enough to draw to conclusion that there isn't better prospects schooling here in Ireland. For the record, I am not on the pay roll of the Irish government and I am not in anyway holding brief for them. So also, my write up is entirely my own personal opinion based on experience here in Dublin.

The truth is, there is no where on planet earth where you get things on a platter of gold. Even in freetown, Serria Leone, nothing is free there too. While I agree with you that Dublin as a city may have it's down sides, but choose to see the good sides too. You are a product of your thought.

ACCOMMODATION IN DUBLIN.

Its no longer news that Dublin is the most expensive city to live in Europe. Irish times even confirmed that too but the truth is there are other affordable and decent accommodation you can live in which will cost you between 380 and 400 euros monthly here in Dublin. I am saying this cause I witnessed a friend settle for that. It is very tidy, organised and could be likened to private university hostels in Nigeria. I didn't go for that's cause I already got a place in Dublin before then. You made mention in your write up of paying exorbitant rent as high as 700euros or there about. Oga, what happened to the mantra which says 'cut your coat according to your size? Even in Nigeria, America, Ghana or anyway else in the world, there is social strata which everyone falls into.

Before you left Nigeria, I guess you were amongst those who believed that once you get to Europe, you will pick euros on the streets. I am sorry if reality is far different now. The truth is, I work tirelessly round the clock here and blending same with my studies too. I have a part time job and also picked a night based job without tax as a Valetta. No European will do such job so I picked it. I am proud of it cause it pays my bills and gives me something to save as well. Come to think of it brother, where in the world is life seamless? Is it Nigeria, America or UK? I have an uncle who schooled in the US and today is a journalist in Manhattan, NY. He hasn't sent anything back home. He keeps complaining just like you are doing now as well. Complain hasn't helped anyone. Hardwork pays. There are lots of opportunities here in Dublin. Please look round and you will start finding such opportunities. I for myself I already have a clear road map here. I am already thinking of what I will delve into once I graduate since I am not allowed for now to be self employed on a stamp 2 visa.

Is Nigeria any better? Why don't you cut your spending drastically and work real hard. I mean real hard. To me, every Nigerian student here is a brother. I am using this medium to extend my hand of fellowship to you. Come let me introduce you to the world of hardwork which pays. We can together structure your time, plan your expenses and discuss a whole lot. As in brain Storm and share ideas together. I laughed when I read your post about racism in the house you live. Yours is small compared to what I face here. I am the only black guy in my apartment and worst still from Nigeria. I no send them ooo...I use schooling and hustling as tactics to ignore them. Most times I come home in the middle of the night after work and leave quite early to school in the morning. So I hardly have time for them. The truth is, it's not easy here but there are lots of opportunities. I mean it bro. That your friends graduated and returned to Nigeria doesn't mean your story will be same. As our faces differs, so those our destinies.
If you personally want proof, I can show you how much I have been able to remit home barely studying here for less than 3 months. I mean I achieved such feet with hustling and above all God's grace.
Stay strong and positive bro. That's the Nigerian spirit. Our leaders have failed us. You can't afford to fail your own children too.
To other serious and hardworking Nigerians willing to survive legally here in DUBLIN, please feel free to get in touch with me once you get here. Again, it's not easy but with sheer commitment and determination you will make it here. I mean real big. I am using myself as case study. That's why I have no intimate friend here or any thing bothering me. I made it so so that I can face the real purpose why I am here.

Please see the opportunity abound anywhere you are. Opportunities lies everywhere. The time to grab it is now or never!!!

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mayfav: 8:59am On Sep 06, 2019
Hi,this is my email address funflora20@gmail.com.
Let's connect!
ANEGBE84:

Going to DBS too January for business analytics if we can connect.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chibabe4Christ: 12:18pm On Sep 06, 2019
Since the applications goes to Abuja.. Is it not better to apply to Abuja direct?

Tee2564:
I am also to resume September 9th and yet to apply for my visa due to some delays from my sponsor. If you're applying at vfs Lagos I heard from a reliable source that it's better to apply on a Friday Or Wednesday since applications goes to Abuja on these days.

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by kc4ujesus11(m): 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2019
The last batch application(August), we are just hoping on God now...
Hope all July has gotten ?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by slimtom1994: 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2019
Dreamchaserz:
Please all Limerick Institute of Technology September intake hopefuls, let's connect here so we can share info on travel, arrival and accommodation.

Also any old hand in LIT on here should also assist we the newbies with necessary information and assistance.

Kindly send me a pm.

Thanks in anticipation

Regards

I'm going to LIT. my issue now is accommodation. Too expensive and everywhere seems to be booked.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chibabe4Christ: 1:23pm On Sep 06, 2019
How do you track it then??/

Wobo123:

No SMS, no email notifications.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Lerrrrrrrrrry: 1:30pm On Sep 06, 2019
You’re my coursemate sha .. lol , we go see for class
deekaycee:
Visa issued.
Submitted 19th July in Lagos.
Received in Abuja 22nd.
Stamped 30th of August.
Delivered this afternoon.
DBS - Project Management.
God is indeed faithful and I return all glory to him.
For all those waiting for visa approval,God that did mine will do yours. Amen.

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by kelss5020: 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2019
let me be clear on this!! each applicant are assessed differently..it depends on each applicants case.. do you expect a 18year old applicant going for undergraduate to provide an account statement.. Anyways let love lead..... I'm open to correction anytime but we should correct each other in a polite way
PEACE
CastedDude:
Oga, YOU ARE VERY WRONG. Before u give someone advice make sure you know what you are saying. The embassy advices that school fees should be made from sponsor's account or student's account. The statement of account where the tuition fee is paid from is meant to be submitted for visa application. The embassy needs to see the source of funds.

It is necessary for a prospective student to submit his or her bank statement irrespective of the sponsor's bank statement

Stop claiming professional that u are not. Go and read through the Irish website before you mislead someone.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Study

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 4:26pm On Sep 06, 2019
kelss5020:
PLEASE NEXT TIME YOU SHOULD READ AND DIGEST THE INFORMATION YOU READ HERE BEFORE MAKING UNNECESSARY ASSUMPTIONS JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK I'M AN AGENT . NOW MY REPLY TO QUESTION 3) CLEARLY SHOWS THAT I SAID HE/SHE NEEDS EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP(AND THIS IS DEFINITELY FOR THE VISA APPLICATION) AND I DON'T GET WHAT YOU MEAN BY SHOWING EVIDENCE OF WHO PAYS YOUR TUITION FEE BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE PAY THROUGH A THIRD PARTY... THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS STATING YOUR STUDENT NUMBER, NAME AND PROBABLY REFERENCE NO IF APPLICABLE...

AND YOUR ANSWER TO THE EMBASSY NEEDS MORE....... [s]I HAVE ENOUGH PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND I CLEARLY KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING[/s].
DEFINITELY IT WONT BE JUST THE CAC CERTIFICATE, THERE ARE OTHER DOCUMENTS THAT COMES WITH A CAC BUT YOU DON'T EXPECT ME TO START LISTING ALL, I ONLY ANSWER HIS/HER QUESTION IN THE SIMPLEST WAY I CAN

NOBODY KNOWS IT ALL...THIS IS A FORUM FOR LEARNING & GETTING INFORMATION YOU CAN MAKE YOUR CONTRIBUTION OR CORRECTION WITHOUT SOUNDING RUDE OR SHOULD I SAY ITK smiley
PEACE

Thank God people here are more knowledgeable than you . Cos I just highlighted your ignorance above.

Good luck with your marketing and recruitment

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by kelss5020: 4:33pm On Sep 06, 2019
I wont trade words with you anymore but thanks for the wish.. Good luck to you too with your marketing and recruitment as well
ICaSNg:

Thank God people here are more knowledgeable than you . Cos I just highlighted your ignorance above.

Good luck with your marketing and recruitment

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Orji16: 4:36pm On Sep 06, 2019
Pls have anyone from 4th to 10th july received yet? Pls indicate because am still expecting mine.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by kelss5020: 4:39pm On Sep 06, 2019
I think people who submitted within that date had their files transfered to dublin and they received it late, so Just be patient.... you can as well send a mail to know your application status and who's treating your application.. you can send a mail to both d Abuja embassy and Dublin... Best of Luck
Orji16:
Pls have anyone from 4th to 10th july received yet? Pls indicate because am still expecting mine.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chibabe4Christ: 5:08pm On Sep 06, 2019
Good Evening my people my people...
Congratulations to all our September applicants.. Majority made it.
Please for someone that is working and needed an introduction letter from his company for study visa.. must he let them know he's going for a study.. as in is it compulsory that the company will include it in the introduction letter that he is going for a study
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2019
lool. ..you don talk am finish grin

Chibabe4Christ:
Please for someone that is working and needed an introduction letter from his company for study visa.. must he let them know he's going for a study.. as in is it compulsory that the company will include it in the introduction letter that he is going for a study

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by blackTaliban: 5:38pm On Sep 06, 2019
Nope, we are still expecting it.

Orji16:
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by sparrow03(m): 5:42pm On Sep 06, 2019
Mine is 1st of July self and am still expecting... sent Dublin embassy mail today Nd they said they are processing it
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 06, 2019
Chibabe4Christ:

Yea the letter of introduction can include that.

However it would be even better if he includes a leave letter whether paid leave or unpaid.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 06, 2019
Anyone know where a good naija restaurant is in Dublin? grin
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Seg11(m): 7:55pm On Sep 06, 2019
A good naija restaurant will be inside your apartment,you just have go to the supermarket,buy what you need then cook

breezy147:
Anyone know where a good naija restaurant is in Dublin? grin
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Louiscares: 3:20am On Sep 07, 2019
Hello Firstofhisname,

I didn't get any letter of extension from TUD as that's not my school.

Also, it was the embassy that told me to contact my school for an extension letter and I forwarded the embassy's mail to the contact person in the international office of the school.

If your resumption date is close and you need a letter of extension from your school ,simply send an email to your school informing them that there is delay in processing your study visa and request for an extension,after wish you can forward to the embassy .

Regards.

Louis.

Firstofhisname:
Hello louiscares Please I sent you a PM please can you show me the letter of extension you got from TUD and the email you sent to them requesting for the letter of extension Louiscares post=81908526]

Hello CastedDude,

No reasonable update. The embassy only acknowledged this morning my email( please, see attached image) I sent to them on 28th August requesting the visa office to update my previous application with the extention letter of resumption I got from my school to 18th September as against the initial start date of 4th & 9th September (orientation and lectures start date respectively. )

I just hope I get positive feedback and my passport now and within next week.

How about yours? What exactly were you told?

Regards.

Louis
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by richvictor: 8:00am On Sep 07, 2019
olutemi:
Visa issued.
Submitted 17th July in Lagos.
Received in Abuja 18th.
Stamped 28th of August.
Delivered this afternoon .
DBS.
God is indeed faithful and I return all glory to him.
For all those waiting for visa approval,God dt did mine will do urs.amen.

Congrats
I would be going to DBS too.
Pls let's relate. Agbons.victor18@gmail.com
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pelumos(m): 8:34am On Sep 07, 2019
Visa Issued.

Applied on the 25th of July
Got to Abuja on the 26th of July
Stamped on the 4th of September
Delivered yesterday evening.

Athlone IT - Software Engineering

Very big thanks to IcasNg for this platform and to everyone else on this platform for their meaningful contributions in so many ways.

To others waiting, be rest assured, it will come out positive.

A colleague of mine also submitted on the same day as I did and got his yesterday as well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dreamchaserz(m): 8:51am On Sep 07, 2019
Pelumos:
Visa Issued.

Applied on the 25th of July
Got to Abuja on the 26th of July
Stamped on the 4th of September
Delivered yesterday evening.

Athlone IT - Software Engineering

Very big thanks to IcasNg for this platform and to everyone else on this platform for their meaningful contributions in so many ways.

To others waiting, be rest assured, it will come out positive.

A colleague of mine also submitted on the same day as I did and got his yesterday as well.

A big congrats to you.
Go forth and succeed

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.