Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (719351 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nicholekamsy: 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2019
Chibabe4Christ:
We dont need to cast all blame to Irish Embassy.. They know how their system works and has clearly stated that all application should be sent 8weeke of processing time, some could not adhere due to unforeseen circumstances.
Abeg atimes we need to heed to instructions, knowing well that they do not have Naija mentatlity.

Those that submitted first week of July have waited for 10 weeks now and still nothing
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by blackTaliban: 5:25pm On Sep 14, 2019
Nicholekamsy:

Those that submitted first week of July have waited for 10 weeks now and still nothing

Exactly, it’s their fault especially the Abuja embassy, why should an application submitted 10 weeks ago, be reaching the Dublin embassy now?

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by CastedDude: 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2019
Guy this ur comment no make sense at all. Ireland embassy said students should submit their application 8 WEEKS before their resumption not 12 weeks. I got my Visa on Monday after 8 weeks of submission while there are some that their application is going to 10 weeks now.

I sent several emails to the embassy and was told to wait till the 8th week. Some who submitted on the 1st of July have not gotten theirs while some who submitted in August have gotten theirs. What do you call that.

You would not have said this nonsense assuming ur application was delayed. Very insensitive comment
Dreamchaserz:
To all those scream and accusing the Irish embassy of gross incompetence, I bet you all didn't read the part where you were told to apply at least 12 weeks to the resumption of your programs.
So because you submitted an application in August for a program that starts in September, they should abandon every other application on their hands and attend to yours?

Let's all play our parts first before spewing thrash and bugging them with calls. The rules are clear!

4 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by anthony24: 8:23pm On Sep 14, 2019
I replied you

Oluwabaddest:

Congrats Anthony....I sent you a PM
Looking forward to your benevolent response.
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by alusiala: 8:58pm On Sep 14, 2019
Dreamchaserz:
To all those scream and accusing the Irish embassy of gross incompetence, I bet you all didn't read the part where you were told to apply at least 12 weeks to the resumption of your programs.
So because you submitted an application in August for a program that starts in September, they should abandon every other application on their hands and attend to yours?

Let's all play our parts first before spewing thrash and bugging them with calls. The rules are clear!
Very insensitive and unwise comment. This is an example of how Nigerians lose the capacity for empathy once they're not affected by a situation. People's applications are now entering the 10th week. If you can't recognise the amount of mental stress that can cause someone then I don't know what to tell you

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by nnamdionyeka5: 9:03pm On Sep 14, 2019
Hmmmmm...stay positive please
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by phychem: 10:16pm On Sep 14, 2019
Solomonx:

So 12th of July isn't still early enough? This is simply gross incompetence on their part to be honest. To think that I still used an education bond to make the process faster just annoys me. I let a 50% fee scholarship from Teesside University go because i was chasing the "Irish dream". NCI gave an extension to the 21st so if they don't respond this week then I've wasted money for nothing. Sad, very sad

I am going to NCI too. I think if you resume late, you would carry on with your studies but your date of graduation will be extended so you cover up next September what you will miss this September. Their business courses are delivered in block modules. What ever you miss now would be done next year. That's what I understand from the information given by Michael Galvin.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by DammyDurst(m): 10:53pm On Sep 14, 2019
The "notarizing" part, would that be during the admission processing or visa application?
Chibabe4Christ:
You can also use student copy since its the school that gave o you.. at most they will confirm from the school but you will need to notarise it to make a legal and official document.

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by bonuken: 10:17am On Sep 15, 2019
Chibabe4Christ:
We dont need to cast all blame to Irish Embassy.. They know how their system works and has clearly stated that all application should be sent 8weeke of processing time, some could not adhere due to unforeseen circumstances.
Abeg atimes we need to heed to instructions, knowing well that they do not have Naija mentatlity.

I applied on the 5th of July and my orientation at AIT was 2nd September. 8 weeks would have been before the weekend of 30th of August. Having faith I even purchased a ticket for 31st. Where am I now! Heard my application was moved to Dublin who say it was received on the 23rd of August (7 weeks after submission). They are not willing to even prioritize these visa applications even if they were submitted early at the originating consulate. I know people that applied LATE, ending of July and early August that have received their visa. Right now I am on the verge of losing my admission, my ticket which i left open will be wasted as I do not intend on visiting Ireland after all this. THIS WAS GROSS MISCONDUCT! It also showed both the Abuja consulate and Dublin are not collaborating properly. If they were visa submission dates to Abuja would have been used to queue applications at dublin. Emotions are running wild sha, but let us wait and see the outcome of all this.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by alusiala: 10:36am On Sep 15, 2019
You're right. It IS actually gross misconduct and a sign of improper coordination. Irish immigration has sadly not adapted to the increased numbers of applicants, which doesn't make sense because Ireland took proactive measures to increase their international student population over the last few years.

Some other people with inferiority complex would think foreigners can never make mistakes, and say everything that goes wrong is our fault. But in this case, as with so many others, the Irish immigration handled it very poorly. An application made on July 5 is early enough. No excuse.
bonuken:

I applied on the 5th of July and my orientation at AIT was 2nd September. 8 weeks would have been before the weekend of 30th of August. Having faith I even purchased a ticket for 31st. Where am I now! Heard my application was moved to Dublin who say it was received on the 23rd of August (7 weeks after submission). They are not willing to even prioritize these visa applications even if they were submitted early at the originating consulate. I know people that applied LATE, ending of July and early August that have received their visa. Right now I am on the verge of losing my admission, my ticket which i left open will be wasted as I do not intend on visiting Ireland after all this. THIS WAS GROSS MISCONDUCT! It also showed both the Abuja consulate and Dublin are not collaborating properly. If they were visa submission dates to Abuja would have been used to queue applications at dublin. Emotions are running wild sha, but let us wait and see the outcome of all this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 15, 2019
Dreamchaserz:

Hi quick one dream chaser.

What is your definition of a late application by the 8 weeks standard?

If I apply 2 days before the given 8 weeks mark is that late?

You know these things are not exact science like you posit. I know someone who had the same visionary as you described and applied last year for an Aussie study visa.

Got denied around June this year.

However still determined to reach the goal she jumps ship Ireland. Ireland says 8 weeks so she applies early July.

Truth is Ireland messed up the applications of these people. You had a free ride to your application since late last year. For many people a sum total of circumstances hindered them.

It all boils down to Ireland boldly stating "8 weeks".

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by WINNIE9223: 11:04am On Sep 15, 2019
Emotions are really running wild. This isn't the time to throw blames around or listen to some write ups that doesn't change anything. Let's move forward and think out a way to salvage this situation we have now.

The instruction "I" was given was to apply 6-8 weeks before resumption date and if I understood English language properly, it simply means that you have to wait for 8 weeks max. I did that. I'm on the 9th week and still I haven't heard from them.

Now, shouldn't I get a mail from you stating the cause of delay in the first place? Why do I have to panic and run around just to hear from you? I paid for the services you are rendering. If there's any delay, you have to communicate and apologize as a matter of fact even.

Moreover, how can you move my passports and all my original documents from Nigeria to Ireland without my consent? I sincerely don't understand this fuckery. Just Howwwww do you move my documents (hard copy) all around? For 9-10 weeks with no explanation?

Now that things have turned out this way, why not take extreme measures at least to make up for this? What is so hard in asking the school to give a little more extension for these students?

This isn't a joke to me. If I wanted to study in 2020, I'd have applied next year. Deferring this admission is not even on my list. And they will return my money.... no cuts, no bank charges, no dime removed. Else I am taking this case up against the embassy. Oh..... they are refunding my visa fee. This is the height of it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by WINNIE9223: 11:06am On Sep 15, 2019
So go ahead... call your school and speak in a firm language they can understand the seriousness in that you will not defer your admission. It's not in their court to tell you what to do at this point.

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by iamfelixy: 11:17am On Sep 15, 2019
WINNIE9223:
Emotions are really running wild. This isn't the time to throw blames around or listen to some write ups that doesn't change anything. Let's move forward and think out a way to salvage this situation we have now.

The instruction "I" was given was to apply 6-8 weeks before resumption date and if I understood English language properly, it simply means that you have to wait for 8 weeks max. I did that. I'm on the 9th week and still I haven't heard from them.

Now, shouldn't I get a mail from you stating the cause of delay in the first place? Why do I have to panic and run around just to hear from you? I paid for the services you are rendering. If there's any delay, you have to communicate and apologize as a matter of fact even.

Moreover, how can you move my passports and all my original documents from Nigeria to Ireland without my consent? I sincerely don't understand this fuckery. Just Howwwww do you move my documents (hard copy) all around? For 9-10 weeks with no explanation?

Now that things have turned out this way, why not take extreme measures at least to make up for this? What is so hard in asking the school to give a little more extension for these students?

This isn't a joke to me. If I wanted to study in 2020, I'd have applied next year. Deferring this admission is not even on my list. And they will return my money.... no cuts, no bank charges, no dime removed. Else I am taking this case up against the embassy. Oh..... they are refunding my visa fee. This is the height of it.
Well said bro, they are all unorganized people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by iamfelixy: 11:20am On Sep 15, 2019
iamfelixy:

Well said bro, they are all unorganized people.
Why would it take 8months in the first place, how many days does it take to check up documents, when it's not visa to heaven, after paying millions school fee.

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by WINNIE9223: 9:15pm On Sep 15, 2019
Good luck this week guys. My prayers are with us all. Let's be hopeful. It is well.

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Solomonx: 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2019
People like that dreamchaser guy are the kind of people we should actively strive to avoid like a plague. I wish the rest of us Goodluck this week. All the best

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Yemiiee: 6:37am On Sep 16, 2019
I hope we get a massive influx of approvals this week because this week is what a lot of people have.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by CastedDude: 8:01am On Sep 16, 2019
Wish u guys all the best of luck this week. I pray for massive approvals for all of you. I know it's not easy waiting for so long for visa but don't be discouraged, God will all make u smile.

There are some of my guys I am seriously rooting for. I know the good news will start today.

Stay strong and positive. Una must enter this Ireland oo. Goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by blackTaliban: 8:28am On Sep 16, 2019
Application Received in Dublin on the (23rd of August VS 4th September
Abeg this week please!!!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by kc4ujesus11(m): 9:25am On Sep 16, 2019
Do VFS tracker show when it moves to Dublin too...
Good morning Family.
Hope we receive a good and massive news this week.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 9:45am On Sep 16, 2019
They should focus on streamlining their visa process and see how turnaround times can be cut down to about 4 - 5 weeks at most. They can a learn a thing or two from UK visa process

Promoting fairs with a broken immigration system is counterproductive...

GrasstoGrace:
Pls try and attend

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 9:48am On Sep 16, 2019
Lool....I doubt. VFSGlobal is just an outsourced service coy in the loop...and works with fed info

It's only the embassy that has that information

kc4ujesus11:
Do VFS tracker show when it moves to Dublin too...
Good morning Family.
Hope we receive a good and massive news this week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.