Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (717866 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chikaokafor1: 4:48pm On Oct 14, 2019
You have to convince the visa officer on why your changing course

2019elections:
Good afternoon house! I have a bsc in petroleum and petrochemical science and I wish to go for a PGD in data analytics. I'm optimistic that I would be offered the admission but my concern is " since I don't av a prior education in ICT related field, and no work experience as regards that, won't I have any issue during visa application? "
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by phychem: 6:42pm On Oct 14, 2019
2019elections:
Good afternoon house! I have a bsc in petroleum and petrochemical science and I wish to go for a PGD in data analytics. I'm optimistic that I would be offered the admission but my concern is " since I don't av a prior education in ICT related field, and no work experience as regards that, won't I have any issue during visa application? "

No you won't have issues if you package yourself well. You should be able to write a convincing statement of purpose and also your CV should have a current job relating to the course. What I'm currently studying now is entirely different from my first degree.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2019
2019elections:
It's 50-50. If you are a risk taker try if you are not go for what will make the VO think you are a genuine student. I was once in your shoe but I had to go for what correlate with my first degree with the hope that I will do whatever other course I want when I get in cos my own priority is to leave naija but I don't know yours so I can't really decide for you.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 14, 2019
abuhusna1:

It's 50-50. If you are a risk taker try if you are not go for what will make the VO think you are a genuine student. I was once in your shoe but I had to go for what correlate with my first degree with the hope that I will do whatever other course I want when I get in cos my own priority is to leave naija but I don't know yours so I can't really decide for you.

Have you been able to achieve thus!?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by DammyDurst(m): 11:19pm On Oct 14, 2019
You should be good, just try as much as possible in giving a very dope SoP. As a matter of fact, I'm on this table as I'm moving from an Engineering field to a business-IT related degree. Still pretty young though. However, I'm not relenting on my oars at the moment as I have taken and still taking some courses in IT (face 2 face and online) thereby having a certificate which I can then present, thus serving as evidence and also a high level of seriousness to the VO.
2019elections:
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by melto(m): 11:51am On Oct 15, 2019
Good day house! What is the possibility of gaining admission for a PGD program with THIRD CLASS bsc?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chikaokafor1: 1:06pm On Oct 15, 2019
They will offer you a higher diploma instead of post graduate diploma I think

melto:
Good day house! What is the possibility of gaining admission for a PGD program with THIRD CLASS bsc?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 15, 2019
Guys did you ever catch the flu or fall I'll after exposure to much cold?

What drugs did you use.

Thanks

cc abuhusna1
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 3:55pm On Oct 15, 2019
breezy147:
Guys did you ever catch the flu or fall I'll after exposure to much cold?

What drugs did you use.

Thanks

cc abuhusna1
Sorry I have never been attacked by the weather as I wear tick cloth, sleep Under duvet with still my winter jacket. And now I have blend that I don't even feel cold anymore. Don't worry u will adapt but no too run from the cold so u can get used to it easily
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chibabe4Christ: 6:58pm On Oct 15, 2019
PLEASE HOUSE HAS ANYONE APPLIED FOR JANUARY INTAKE
IS THERE ANY CHANGE ON VISA APPLICATION REQUIREMENT.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nicole22: 7:34pm On Oct 15, 2019
Chibabe4Christ:
PLEASE HOUSE HAS ANYONE APPLIED FOR JANUARY INTAKE
IS THERE ANY CHANGE ON VISA APPLICATION REQUIREMENT.

Have u applied??
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Tolu1411: 2:20pm On Oct 16, 2019
Hello guys, please has anyone submitted an appeal recently? Did you submit your international passport with it or you waited till they requested for it?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by zamony: 2:37pm On Oct 16, 2019
Hi everyone I am Sam by name,26 and I am new here, please I need some schools name that offer low tuition fees to study computer science,as I will be using my WAEC results to apply
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Blondekid: 7:18am On Oct 17, 2019
Hello guys...Good morning. I will like to make an enquiry concerning appeals. If one got a refusal letter on the 29th of September and is to appeal during the 3rd week in October, will it be necessary to print out new statement of accounts for the sponsor and the applicant?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chikaokafor1: 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2019
Has anyone applied for a visa against January /February intake?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Jola17: 1:43pm On Oct 17, 2019
Chikaokafor1:
Has anyone applied for a visa against January /February intake?
I also asked this same question some days ago, maybe people haven't started applying yet. Have you applied?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nonso16(m): 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2019
Hello Guys, Please what's the best bank to Do Form A, because zenith bank are wasting my precious time.
Thank you
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nonso16(m): 2:44pm On Oct 17, 2019
i haven't but by God's grace, i will soon.
Jola17:

I also asked this same question some days ago, maybe people haven't started applying yet. Have you applied?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by phychem: 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2019
Blondekid:
Hello guys...Good morning. I will like to make an enquiry concerning appeals. If one got a refusal letter on the 29th of September and is to appeal during the 3rd week in October, will it be necessary to print out new statement of accounts for the sponsor and the applicant?

Depends on your refusal reason.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Blondekid: 5:36pm On Oct 17, 2019
phychem:

Depends on your refusal reason.
Explanation to lump sum credits to the sponsor's account
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chikaokafor1: 9:35pm On Oct 17, 2019
What really do they mean by lump sum. Is it receiving an amount that hasn't been lodged into that account before or receiving large amount of money immediately before applying for visa
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chikaokafor1: 9:37pm On Oct 17, 2019
Did your explanation not satisfy the VO or you didn't explain at all?

Blondekid:

Explanation to lump sum credits to the sponsor's account
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Blondekid: 10:29pm On Oct 17, 2019
Chikaokafor1:
Did your explanation not satisfy the VO or you didn't explain at all?

I did not explain at all before
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bjrokenhear003: 8:12am On Oct 19, 2019
hi guys

Been a long time

i am indeed tired

Finally finished my Msc Accountiung and Finance from Griffith college with a H1(First Class)

I have a job i am currently managing and if i work 5 days i make about 350euros weekly and sometimes above, its a menial job inside the cold room(-3 degrees)

When i started the job initially, i enjoyed it, but i have goals and ambition as i dont want to stay in that job for a long time

Now my issue is all the company i am applying to need stamp 4, only big four and top investment banks and firms hire stamp 1G holders. A lot of international student suffer this issue ATM. Only few courses such as computer science land jobs before finishing college.

I have applied and truthfully i am getting tired of my life because i cant see myself as a factory worker anylonger, my body is getting weak as days go on

i am only 27 years old and i have bright future ambitions set for myself In terms of savings, i am close to zero as cost of living is high, spend about 500 euros on rent, transport 80 euros and feeding both at work and home 130 monthly, lyka 15 euros.

truthfully i am tired and falling into depression little by little, its only my GF who is black dutch who brings joy to me atm. She earns triple of what i make

I am wondering if i marry her, i will get the stamp4 but am i ready with savings of 1k now, although the govt in europe care for their citizens but i am in the middle of the sea. I love her and would want to settle with her, yet i want to know her deeper before marriage., i get the stamp in 4-6 months if i do it this December.Love is sweet when the both parties are comfortable

Now the thought is, if i don't secure a good job after settling down, what is left for me. I love her so much and she is very confident in me that I will make it but i am losing confidence in myself after so many rejections from different company's. I worked as an accountant in Nigeria for 3 years, so I'm not a fresh graduate.

My father didn't make me suffer one day, i still have inherited wealth of 30k euros in treasury bills, so i wouldn't want to bring children into this world to suffer them

I am tired truthfully and confused at this stage, i need help.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 8:26am On Oct 19, 2019
Bro we are all in it together don't get yourself depressed be lucky you have a girl willing to marry you please do that ASAP once u have stamp 5 I bet u will get a good job.
Some of us are not as lucky as you are having eu babe but still earning small like u also having no hope of getting job that can sponsor your permit.
Ireland I say is a big scam for black as they hardly give us good work what most people do is get married or give birth to citizen for faster integration
Bjrokenhear003:
hi guys

Been a long time

i am indeed tired

Finally finished my Msc Accountiung and Finance from Griffith college with a H1(First Class)

I have a job i am currently managing and if i work 5 days i make about 350euros weekly and sometimes above, its a menial job inside the cold room(-3 degrees)

When i started the job initially, i enjoyed it, but i have goals and ambition as i dont want to stay in that job for a long time

Now my issue is all the company i am applying to need stamp 4, only big four and top investment banks hire stamp 1G holders.

I have applied and truthfully i am getting tired of my life because i cant see myself as a factory worker anylonger, my body is getting weak as days go on

i am only 27 years old and i have bright future ambitions set for myself In terms of savings, i am close to zero as cost of living is high, spend about 500 euros on rent, transport 80 euros and feeding both at work and home 130 monthly, lyka 15 euros.

truthfully i am tired and falling into depression little by little, its only my GF who is black dutch that is making me happy atm. She earns triple of what i make

I am wondering if i marry her, i will get the stamp4 but am i ready with savings of 1k now, although the govt in europe care for their citizens but i am in the middle of the sea. I love her and i will want to get down with her but i want to know her deeper before settling down, i get the stamp in 4-6 months if i settle down now, if i don't secure a better job after settling down, what is left for me.

My father didn't make me suffer one day, i still have inherited wealth of 30k euros in treasury bills, so i wouldn't want to make my children suffer too

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bjrokenhear003: 8:48am On Oct 19, 2019
abuhusna1:
Bro we are all in it together don't get yourself depressed be lucky you have a girl willing to marry you please do that ASAP once u have stamp 5 I bet u will get a good job.
Some of us are not as lucky as you are having eu babe but still earning small like u also having no hope of getting job that can sponsor your permit.
Ireland I say is a big scam for black as they hardly give us good work what most people do is get married or give birth to citizen for faster integration

Yes truly the stamp 1G is a scam, just luring international student to come spend their money.. The system is bleeped up, lately, i heard that they are also denying some few people renewal for their stamp 1G because they surpassed the 20 hours cap weekly

Bro my biggest fear is not settling down but at my place of work, my colleague has masters from DBS and is currently married to a black irish from ivory coast but he's a factory worker, although he had worked for facebook before on a contract role.

I am scared because has a stamp 4 but still on the job atm, he's having difficulties in getting another suitable role for 6 months now

I am scared but i really do care for her and wouldn't want to be giving excuses on why i am having difficulting meeting my own part of obligations when we finally settle down. Her parents advised me to find a job first then we marry which is ideal but all response is negative atm.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bjrokenhear003: 9:12am On Oct 19, 2019
Olayinkaji:

Bro I don't understand you o. Is it that the Griffith College is not good at all? Can you please answer ooo

Griffith College the most useless college i have seen. Dont be deceived by them advertisment, how i passed was through experience
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by CastedDude: 11:13am On Oct 19, 2019
Bro, congratulations to u for graduating in flying colours... its not easy at all to make a First class degree. With ur complaints and dissatisfaction about ur present condition, why not try to migrate to other countries such as Canada and Australia through Permanent Residency. Having a Masters degree from a recognized country will help to smoothen the process. U can become a permanent resident in Canada with ur Masters degree. U don't need to put all ur eggs in one basket. U can port to another country with ur degree if u don't like Ireland anymore. Wish u all the best in your endeavors.
Bjrokenhear003:
hi guys

Been a long time

i am indeed tired

4 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by CastedDude: 11:21am On Oct 19, 2019
Yes, working more than 20 hours a week during school period is a reason for refusal of visa renewal. This is clearly stated on their website. I don't know why some people think they are smarter than the system. A student's primary aim in Ireland is to study not to work, and once the person works more than expected, then it is assumed that he or she is not a genuine student. Some Nigerians think the authorities won't notice if they work more than 20 hours a week, which is a big fallacy. You can work up to 40 hours a week during holidays but not when school is in session. We should learn to abide by simple rules.
Bjrokenhear003:

Yes truly the stamp 1G is a scam, just luring international student to come spend their money.. The system is bleeped up, lately, i heard that they are also denying some few people renewal for their stamp 1G because they surpassed the 20 hours cap weekly

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bjrokenhear003: 12:45pm On Oct 19, 2019
CastedDude:
Bro, congratulations to u for graduating in flying colours... its not easy at all to make a First class degree. With ur complaints and dissatisfaction about ur present condition, why not try to migrate to other countries such as Canada and Australia through Permanent Residency. Having a Masters degree from a recognized country will help to smoothen the process. U can become a permanent resident in Canada with ur Masters degree. U don't need to put all ur eggs in one basket. U can port to another country with ur degree if u don't like Ireland anymore. Wish u all the best in your endeavors.

I don't know about Canada migration but are u sure it won't cost money because I can't afford to spend more funds atm on migrations to work factory or warehouse related jobs
Thanks a lot, i will google about it,
but if you have any related material I can read on it online, kindly paste it here

Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by CastedDude: 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2019
It will definitely cost u money that's why u have to begin saving now.. But i don't think it will cost u that much due to the conversion rate of Euros. All the information u need about Canada migration is here on Nairaland. With ur degree, the main thing u need to do is write the IELTS exam and aim for a high score. Things will become easy from there. You can start now to plan ahead of the move and in some months time, apply for Express Entry.

https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

https://www.nairaland.com/4180147/all-canadian-provincial-nominee-programs

You can still check the travel section here while doing ur research and u will be surprised what u will find. Wish u all the best bro. E go soft for u las las.

Bjrokenhear003:

I don't know about Canada migration but are u sure it won't cost money because I can't afford to spend more funds atm on migrations to work factory or warehouse related jobs
Thanks a lot, i will google about it,
but if you have any related material I can read on it online, kindly paste it here

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.