Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,460 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (718198 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chikaokafor1: 4:52pm On Nov 06, 2019
Let's make the group lively biko.
Has anyone applied for visa against January

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Emmanuel360(m): 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2019
How do I get to the irish embassy in Lagos from CMS

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bjrokenhear003: 3:03pm On Nov 08, 2019
gurlnext2u:
Hello. Good afternoon.
I’ve come back to give an update in regards to the stamp 1G renewal.
I successfully renewed mine today.
I printed out the emails as you suggested, and provided a letter from my GP because I couldn’t work earlier this year due to my health.
I was lucky to be seen without an appointment here in Cork.
I also submitted the regular documents: Heath insurance, proof of address (I used my bank statement), IRP card, application form and the €300 application fee.
The processing time is now 15 working days but my passport was stamped today.
How are you getting on with the job search?

good news brother

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Femi0078: 12:31am On Nov 10, 2019
abuhusna1:

That is when u are on a work permit and not student t visa
Please how long does it take if someone is on student visa. Maybe the student come to Ireland for MSc IT, how long to get his PR?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 9:17am On Nov 10, 2019
Femi0078:

Please how long does it take if someone is on student visa. Maybe the student come to Ireland for MSc IT, how long to get his PR?
If you get a job on it field which is critical skill permit you will become citizen after three years but others on general work permit will be in the job for five years to become Irish citizen. Nite your job must pay you 30k euro per annum on 37 hours per week. If you can't get this no you can't get both the critical and general work permit
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mayfav: 10:10am On Nov 11, 2019
Hello everyone, please I want to ask anyone studying business analytics/data analytics at Dublin business school if we can bring our laptops from Nigeria.I was told students studying IT related courses at NCI were only allowed to use MAC/Apple laptops. I want to know if there are such rules for IT students in dublin business school,as I am planning to buy my laptop in Nigeria before coming (January intake).Thanks.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by CastedDude: 10:21am On Nov 11, 2019
THIS IS TOTALLY FALSE, make sure u know what u are saying before answering questions in order not to mislead others.

There is a big difference between PERMANENT RESIDENCY (PR) and CITIZENSHIP. You can apply for PR after living legally in Ireland for five years while you must prove that you have been legally resident in Ireland for at least 5 years out of the last 9 years to become a citizen.

Go to Ireland immigration site or google to check for urself.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP16000022

abuhusna1:

If you get a job on it field which is critical skill permit you will become citizen after three years but others on general work permit will be in the job for five years to become Irish citizen. Nite your job must pay you 30k euro per annum on 37 hours per week. If you can't get this no you can't get both the critical and general work permit

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by CastedDude: 10:25am On Nov 11, 2019
I have answered ur question above. You should learn to use google to do research for urself as regards to this type of question. Go to Ireland immigration website before someone misleads u.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Home

Femi0078:

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bjrokenhear003: 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2019
CastedDude:
THIS IS TOTALLY FALSE, make sure u know what u are saying before answering questions in order not to mislead others.

There is a big difference between PERMANENT RESIDENCY (PR) and CITIZENSHIP. You can apply for PR after living legally in Ireland for five years while you must prove that you have been legally resident in Ireland for at least 5 years out of the last 9 years to become a citizen.

The screengrab below shows you how you can convert from stamp 2(student visa) to stamp 4(residency visa)

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bjrokenhear003: 3:35pm On Nov 11, 2019
abuhusna1:

However, I know this is also correct but i am not aware of 37 hours
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 4:24pm On Nov 11, 2019
Bjrokenhear003:

However, I know this is also correct but i am not aware of 37 hours
That is the standard hours but if u get 40 hours it's still within the limit
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 4:30pm On Nov 11, 2019
CastedDude:

You are wrong bro even if you like live 8 years as a student you can never get a permanent residence with that as study period are not reckon able to becoming citizen.
Bjrokenhear003:

The screengrab below shows you how you can convert from stamp 2(student visa) to stamp 4(residency visa)
Ecxept you change your status this way highlighted by the op and live on any of the stamps for five years

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by CastedDude: 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2019
I was not even referring to the student aspect but how one can get permanent residency and citizenship. Of course, year of study doesn't count in Ireland but time after graduation matters.

You are still wrong in ur previous answer. It takes longer time to get citizenship than PR. They are two different things.

I wonder how u came about with 3 years
abuhusna1:

You are wrong bro even if you like live 8 years as a student you can never get a permanent residence with that as study period are not reckon able to becoming citizen.
Ecxept you change your status this way highlighted by the op and live on any of the stamps for five years
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Jaybadestboy: 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2019
Hello everyone, I intend to study phd in Europe. I'm applying at the moment. I know you need to verify your certificate at ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of education .I have a certificate (bsc) from Nigeria and I also have a degree (msc) from a foreign university (UK)

Please can anybody tell how to verify my foreign certificate ?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 6:23pm On Nov 11, 2019
CastedDude:
I was not even referring to the student aspect but how one can get permanent residency and citizenship. Of course, year of study doesn't count in Ireland but time after graduation matters.

You are still wrong in ur previous answer. It takes longer time to get citizenship than PR. They are two different things.

I wonder how u came about with 3 years
Get your facts right critical skill is three years and general work permit is 5 years. I say nothing more on this bye

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by CastedDude: 7:10pm On Nov 11, 2019
You are not even getting the fact. 3 years and 5 years for what? Permanent residence abi Citizenship. It's like u dont know what it takes to become a citizen of Ireland. U are still confusing it with PR.

Just post one legit link about 3 years for CITIZENSHIP not PR. U should use google to enlighten urself.

U can believe it or not. It is what it is. I rest my case
abuhusna1:

Get your facts right critical skill is three years and general work permit is 5 years. I say nothing more on this bye
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by SameeD96: 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2019
Good evening!
Please for those that are in Griffith college, how long did it take you to get invitation to register?
I've paid my fees since like a week plus now and nothing yet.
Please a reply would be very much appreciated.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chikaokafor1: 8:47pm On Nov 11, 2019
Have you sent a reminder to them

SameeD96:
Good evening!
Please for those that are in Griffith college, how long did it take you to get invitation to register?
I've paid my fees since like a week plus now and nothing yet.
Please a reply would be very much appreciated.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by SameeD96: 11:15pm On Nov 11, 2019
Chikaokafor1:
Have you sent a reminder to them

I have, but nothing has been said back.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 12:35am On Nov 12, 2019
lool, that can't be true na. Glean NCI site well. Ideally you need a laptop with core i5 processor and 8GB RAM to run your data analytics programs/codes (R, Python, SQL, Tableau, etc). BTW 8th Gen core i3 + 8GB RAM can do the jobsmiley Stick with core i5 though make perzin no bounce you (joking sha)

System specs above can handle almost any programming task except you are into heavy graphic/game development that you may require 12 - 16 RAM (or more), dedicated Nvidia graphic card and maybe a core i7.

Macs are OK/recommended if you wanna work with iOS apps and related apple product development. Outside that, other brands (Acer, Lenovo, HP, Asus etc) will compile & run your codes (extract data, do plots, scrape, etc) smoothly at a cheaper price than a MAC (which are more expensive for the recommended specs above)

Mayfav:
Hello everyone, please I want to ask anyone studying business analytics/data analytics at Dublin business school if we can bring our laptops from Nigeria.I was told students studying IT related courses at NCI were only allowed to use MAC/Apple laptops. I want to know if there are such rules for IT students in dublin business school,as I am planning to buy my laptop in Nigeria before coming (January intake).Thanks.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 12:58am On Nov 12, 2019
@mayfav, just in case you have the dough 2burn without plugging a hole in your pocket, instead of a Mac or the less cheaper brands, Go for Dell XPS 13 (2019). It's a dream 2work with and behold.

n/b - this like other top performers uses SSD - 256GB in XPS (which is upgradable to something bigger for more storage space). Also it has an empty 2.5 sata slot to add your HDD (use as secondary drive)....though your core OS and code program files shd boot from your SSD. You can choose to buy a bigger SSD (1TB) instead of a slower HDD if cash is not an issuesmiley)

Hope this helps. Got some more extra bucks to spend? The all rounder beast of a marathon machine that gets you covered for any programming task/development - Samsung Notebook 9 (8th Gen core i7, 16GB RAM, Nvidia graphic card, 16hrs battery life and all the top end specs) is waiting for you!!!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mayfav: 7:39am On Nov 12, 2019
Wow,thank you so much for this comprehensive explanation, I am so grateful.
I was actually thinking of getting an HDD laptop because it is cheap and I have other things to buy before traveling. Please if you don't mind,I would like to enquire more from you before I finally purchase the system. My email address is funflora20@gmail.com or you can drop yours so that I can add you. Thank you.

[1quote author=vkyburnz post=83946961]@mayfav, just in case you have the dough 2burn without plugging a hole in your pocket, instead of a Mac or the less cheaper brands, Go for Dell XPS 13 (2019). It's a dream 2work with and behold.

n/b - this like other top performers uses SSD - 256GB in XPS (which is upgradable to something bigger for more storage space). Also it has an empty 2.5 sata slot to add your HDD (use as secondary drive)....though your core OS and code program files shd boot from your SSD. You can choose to buy a bigger SSD (1TB) instead of a slower HDD if cash is not an issuesmiley)

Hope this helps. Got some more extra bucks to spend? The all rounder beast of a marathon machine that gets you covered for any programming task/development - Samsung Notebook 9 (8th Gen core i7, 16GB RAM, Nvidia graphic card, 16hrs battery life and all the top end specs) is waiting for you!!![/quote]
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chibabe4Christ: 12:16pm On Nov 12, 2019
IS YOUR VISA OUT??

Mayfav:
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mayfav: 1:34pm On Nov 12, 2019
Lol not yet,u applied before me.
Chibabe4Christ:
IS YOUR VISA OUT??

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chikaokafor1: 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2019
When did you apply

Mayfav:
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chibabe4Christ: 11:47pm On Nov 12, 2019
I like the faith�.. you are really optimistic
Mayfav:
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by vkyburnz: 10:35am On Nov 13, 2019
@foreign affairs for Europe? Not heard of that. If you mean verify like University Admissions for Swedish Unis, they'll send a mail to your school to verify your transcript. Mode of verification if any (country or Uni-specific), will be communicated to you.

You aren't going to a Malaysian school (lool). Leave out Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Education [floor 8] for now

Jaybadestboy:
Hello everyone, I intend to study phd in Europe. I'm applying at the moment. I know you need to verify your certificate at ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of education .I have a certificate (bsc) from Nigeria and I also have a degree (msc) from a foreign university (UK)

Please can anybody tell how to verify my foreign certificate ?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Eroms99(m): 10:23am On Nov 14, 2019
Good morning guys, pls does paying euro bond play an imprtant role in terms of visa approval.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chikaokafor1: 11:16am On Nov 14, 2019
The only advantage I know it brings is eliminating questions about how the fund is obtained.

Eroms99:
Good morning guys, pls does paying euro bond play an imprtant role in terms of visa approval.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 12:24pm On Nov 14, 2019
I want to thank you for all your posts, comments and Encouragement, I used an Agent for my application and I got great service, was on this Canada craze and the Agent pointed my attention to Ireland. I submitted 10th of October. First application tho. First time I'll be commenting on a travel section. ICASNG and others have been so helpful and all.

I applied to study in Dublin Business school, would have preferred a less busy city due to my personality and the cheaper option, but it's already in motion.

Been watching lots of YouTube and I can't place my finger on the weather in Ireland, some say it's always raining, barely snows, little sun.... So I don't know how to gear up when it's time to pack.
Unlike Canada, UK and Germany threads, you'll know that January snow is not a laughing matter. I also heard you can't use an umbrella cos of the wind. So I thought of waterproof shoes and jacket.
We need more survival tips here. Seriously we do.
What food do I bring? I already decided on bringing just indomie. I love my potatoes lol, fresh stuff, not a fan of dried fish and the rest. Not keen on yam, I also Love my beans.

Just so you know, I have consumed this thread from the page 1 to now that I'm typing and it has offered lots of assistance in application but very little on survival.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.