Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (719636 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ExpressBooking(m): 6:07pm On Nov 18, 2019
Biakwa:

Brother i sent you a request please

Where? You can resend. I just changed my nairaland email
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2019
seunny4lif:
Good
IT courses are hot cake in Ireland

Thanks Boss, my agent knocked that into me, I was planning to come here n study finance.
Information is power mehn, the Boss in my Dad's office saw the course and has promised me a job if I should ever return. Me that I've been unemployed for about 2yrs now Job dey naija o, it's about chasing the the job that people aren't plenty in.
I told the Big boss that, I won't think of coming back until I can get the PR. I no trust of leaders.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2019
grin
Nigerians so called oga at the top can make fake promise like die
Believe them at your own penny
Na so one promise me, that year
Chiggsglover:

Thanks Boss, my agent knocked that into me, I was planning to come here n study finance.
Information is power mehn, the Boss in my Dad's office saw the course and has promised me a job if I should ever return. Me that I've been unemployed for about 2yrs now Job dey naija o, it's about chasing the the job that people aren't plenty in.
I told the Big boss that, I won't think of coming back until I can get the PR. I no trust of leaders.

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 8:20pm On Nov 18, 2019
seunny4lif:
grin
Nigerians so called oga at the top can make fake promise like die
Believe them at your own penny
Na so one promise me, that year

Na why I clear am say, I no fit come back unless I get one foot in. How I go pay millions for school fees come back to Naija dey hustle work. If I wan apply sef, na from obodo oyibo o. Word of mouth no dey carry weight.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by donbreeezy(m): 7:54am On Nov 19, 2019
Good morning everyone here.... My sponsor has printed his bank statement before paying for my education bond. I hope it won't affect the application as the debit is not reflecting on the statement. Somebody help, cos I am submitting on Monday..
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chikaokafor1: 8:29am On Nov 19, 2019
Reprint the account statement reflecting the payment

donbreeezy:
Good morning everyone here.... My sponsor has printed his bank statement before paying for my education bond. I hope it won't affect the application as the debit is not reflecting on the statement. Somebody help, cos I am submitting on Monday..
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Biakwa: 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2019
ExpressBooking:

Where? You can resend. I just changed my nairaland email

Ok thanks bro
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Newbetterphase: 1:44pm On Nov 19, 2019
Mcowubaba:

Lol
All this agents, always talking bullsh**t, and giving fake information.
You don't get any critical skill work permit automatically in Ireland, you will have to find a job, then the job will have to sponsor you. Which is subject to critical skills list and other requirements.

If the critical skill application is successful, you will be given a stamp 1, which you will renew every year for 2 years, that is you'll have the stamp 1 for 2 years, then after that you may be qualified for a stamp 4, which can be classified as permanent residency.

If you don't qualify for a critical skill permit, there is a general work permit, and if that is granted, you'll be on stamp 1 for 5 years, it will also be renewed on a yearly basis subject to other conditions and requirements.
After holding a stamp 1 General work permit for 5 years, you may be eligible for a stamp 4.

Then generally graduates in a masters degree get a stamp 1G for 2 years, firstly for 1 year then subject to other conditions, it will be renewed for another year.
After that if you have not secured a stamp 1, 4 or any new immigration permit, you may have to leave the Country. Stamp 1G does not count as reckonable residency, so 2 years spent on stamp 1G is as good as NOTHING in terms of permanent residency or citizenship.. On the other hand, stamp 1 from a critical skill permit or general work permit, counts towards your reckonable residence for citizenship.

I don't mean to be rude, but people should do basic Google searches to double check any information someone gives them especially information from agents who want to self their market

Good luck mate!!

Good day bro.

I am going to Dublin Business School to study MBA in Project management. How well do I quality for a critical skills permit or general work permit. Tanx
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 3:20pm On Nov 19, 2019
Newbetterphase:

Good day bro.

I am going to Dublin Business School to study MBA in Project management. How well do I quality for a critical skills permit or general work permit. Tanx

you can study any course they have, but if your want to stay, you might want to go for courses people are needed in, a good guide will be to go to Linkedin, also STEM courses are the surest.Cheers.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Eroms99(m): 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2019
Good day guys . Please can i make my edu bond payment from a business account?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 5:41pm On Nov 19, 2019
Just a piece of advice...for those coming to study in Ireland.. pls don't choose National College of Ireland NCI.. if you don't want to be frustrated...I repeat... Only if you are a genius....lol...

4 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nicholas2296: 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
Segunagagu:
Just a piece of advice...for those coming to study in Ireland.. pls don't choose National College of Ireland NCI.. if you don't want to be frustrated...I repeat... Only if you are a genius....lol...
���
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nicholas2296: 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2019
Nicholas2296:
���
Your leg go shake,lols
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chikaokafor1: 7:19pm On Nov 19, 2019
Speak for yourself

Segunagagu:
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 7:39pm On Nov 19, 2019
Chikaokafor1:
Speak for yourself

Ok sir...my chairman...are u in NCI
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by candyluv15: 7:49pm On Nov 19, 2019
Mcowubaba:

Lol
All this agents, always talking bullsh**t, and giving fake information.
You don't get any critical skill work permit automatically in Ireland, you will have to find a job, then the job will have to sponsor you. Which is subject to critical skills list and other requirements.

If the critical skill application is successful, you will be given a stamp 1, which you will renew every year for 2 years, that is you'll have the stamp 1 for 2 years, then after that you may be qualified for a stamp 4, which can be classified as permanent residency.

If you don't qualify for a critical skill permit, there is a general work permit, and if that is granted, you'll be on stamp 1 for 5 years, it will also be renewed on a yearly basis subject to other conditions and requirements.
After holding a stamp 1 General work permit for 5 years, you may be eligible for a stamp 4.

Then generally graduates in a masters degree get a stamp 1G for 2 years, firstly for 1 year then subject to other conditions, it will be renewed for another year.
After that if you have not secured a stamp 1, 4 or any new immigration permit, you may have to leave the Country. Stamp 1G does not count as reckonable residency, so 2 years spent on stamp 1G is as good as NOTHING in terms of permanent residency or citizenship.. On the other hand, stamp 1 from a critical skill permit or general work permit, counts towards your reckonable residence for citizenship.

I don't mean to be rude, but people should do basic Google searches to double check any information someone gives them especially information from agents who want to self their market

Good luck mate!!

According to my findings... Stamp 1G is consider as reckonable residence which means it will be consider as part of the years which one legally lived in Ireland

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mcowubaba: 8:01pm On Nov 19, 2019
candyluv15:

According to my findings... Stamp 1G is consider as reckonable residence which means it will be consider as part of the years which one legally lived in Ireland

What you are talking about is Stamp 1G which is now given to spouses of Non EU nationals on critical skill, defacto partners or hosting agreement.

Those schemes are different from the 3rd level post graduate study

To clarify your doubts, go to the citizenship eligibility calculator section and do your research.

Stamp 3 was given to spouses of the aforementioned groups of Non EU nationals before, that was just changed recently and they now get stamp 1G

I MAYBE WRONG THOUGH
The immigration office and ministry are always updating and reviewing different permissions

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chikaokafor1: 9:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
No. What I really meant was other people may not see the school the way you see it. NCI being frustrating is your own personal view

Segunagagu:

Ok sir...my chairman...are u in NCI
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by phychem: 9:59pm On Nov 19, 2019
Segunagagu:

What's your reason for saying this?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 9:59pm On Nov 19, 2019
Segunagagu:

Your post confirms it, I hear the academic stress is Real.

Take heed to the warning Peep.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 10:30pm On Nov 19, 2019
Chikaokafor1:
No. What I really meant was other people may not see the school the way you see it. NCI being frustrating is your own personal view

Oga...so u are not even here..and u are telling me to speak for myself...lool..
Thank you sir... have a nice night
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 10:32pm On Nov 19, 2019
Chiggsglover:

Your post confirms it, I hear the academic stress is Real.

Take heed to the warning Peep.
My brother...I give up...I will advise people to go to government schools and avoid private schools here.cos most private schools are just here for profit...
The struggle is real...

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 10:33pm On Nov 19, 2019
phychem:

What's your reason for saying this?
Cos they will frustrate your life..
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 10:49pm On Nov 19, 2019
Segunagagu:

My brother...I give up...I will advise people to go to government schools and avoid private schools here.cos most private schools are just here for profit...
The struggle is real...

Person go pay more, come dey struggle as if na free education. Let's thank God the struggle is for JUST ONE YR. Unlike in Germany, where you go contend with tough education and language

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Segunagagu(m): 11:13pm On Nov 19, 2019
Chiggsglover:

Person go pay more, come dey struggle as if na free education. Let's thank God the struggle is for JUST ONE YR. Unlike in Germany, where you go contend with tough education and language
I swear u get am... very annoying...

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mayfav: 12:40pm On Nov 20, 2019
You are so right,I have a friend who has finished her masters in Unilag before going to Germany to study the same course again (masters as well). The last time we spoke,she was complaining bitterly about how tough their education system is....
Chiggsglover:

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mayfav: 12:50pm On Nov 20, 2019
You are right
Segunagagu:
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chiggsglover(m): 12:54pm On Nov 20, 2019
Mayfav:
You are so right,I have a friend who has finished her masters in Unilag before going to Germany to study the same course again (masters as well). The last time we spoke,she was complaining bitterly about how tough their education system is....

You see, there are lots of way they can deal with you if you no sabi their language. I hear say to get A na 90%.
If say naija better, wetin go make me face that kind hustle.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chikaokafor1: 7:55pm On Nov 20, 2019
I have this believe that any study visa application that's more than 6 weeks will be approved

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Chibabe4Christ: 1:38am On Nov 21, 2019
Lol.... I like your faith wela!!!!

quote author=Chikaokafor1 post=84214235]I have this believe that any study visa application that's more than 6 weeks will be approved [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.