Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (719656 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mahele: 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
faithzy:

Yes, probably they have changed the method.

I don't know. I submitted last December in Lagos and can't see the AVATS number.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Augustinecu: 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2020
Hi,

You mentioned on a previous post that the Irish Embassy may accept a letter from university in place of the English Test. Is it the university in Nigeria or the Irish university?

ICaSNg:
Morning all,

Woke up to a series of concerns and grievances from few students.

Let me just say thanks to everyone who has contributed positively by answering questions and providing guidance.

No one pays anyone to answer questions here , we all need to understand people do it out of the goodness of their heart despite our busy schedule.

For those who feel they are being snubbed or we choose to answer some people and ignore others, let me be clear that those we answer are not in anyway related to us. If your questions are not receiving answers from either myself or other contributors, it means there is already an answer for such just take your precious time to read through.

I use to be very active in responding but since people decide to drop different agents contacts and all , I rather concentrate on my students and try as much as possible to answer NEW Questions.

Thanks.

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by senitop(m): 6:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
Who has seen this on Ireland embassy website?

Update 26 June 2020.
Summary:
Irish VACs to reopen in Abuja and Accra on Monday, 29 June 2020.
New appointment system in effect.
Original documents must be submitted along with a colour copy of all application documents. If you don’t bring the colour copy, then there will be a facility to make a colour copy at the VAC for a nominal fee.
Only long-stay visas ('D' categories) will be processed initially. Short-stay Visas ('C' categories) will not be processed due to ongoing restrictions in Ireland.
Certain Priority/Emergency cases will continue to be processed as normal.
Those travelling will be expected to serve a 14 day period of self-isolation upon arrival to Ireland.
The Irish Embassy is pleased to announce the reopening of the Visa Application Centres (VACs) in Abuja and Accra on Monday, 29 June 2020. This is the first stage of a plan to resume full services in the coming months on a phased basis - subject to Irish Government Covid-19 measures and any local restrictions that may be in place.

The operation of these VACs will be carefully monitored by a range of stakeholders including VFS, Immigration Service Delivery (ISD) in Ireland and will be guided by public health advice set by the Irish Health Service Executive (HSE) and World Health Organisation (WHO). An appointment system has been introduced to assist with capacity and social distancing requirements.

Initially, the VACs will only allow long-stay applications to be made ('D' categories – further info below). No tourism or short-stay visas ('C' categories) will be processed at this time due to ongoing Covid-19 restrictions in Ireland. Please be assured that we fully intend to resume our full visa service just as soon as public health concerns have been abated in line with Irish Government policy.

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by BabajhideySammy: 6:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
With this 14day self isolation, will it be possible for one to stay in all these backpackers hotels considering that they are shared facilities?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Yads97: 8:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
Hi guys please what are the most affordable universities in Ireland? I’ve been searching google but haven’t really made head way. I’ll really appreciate your responses.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Othniels: 9:02pm On Jun 26, 2020
Yeah. Full details is in their twitter handle. I also found this new addition to Study Visa Requirement. Its for those using Duolingo for Language requirement.

Note - As an exceptional measure for 2020, and to address problems being experienced accessing supervised tests because of Covid-19, we will also accept the results of online tests from providers named in the document linked above (the minimum scores acceptable for these tests are also on the linked document). In addition to the named providers, we will also accept Duolingo online tests. Your score from the Duolingo test must be at least 55 for short term English language preparatory courses or for second level education. Your score from the Duolingo test must be at least 75 for all other courses. For us to access your Duolingo results you will have to include us as an “institution” for your result. You do this by picking “Irish visa” as an institute on Duolingo.com. If you take the Duolingo test, please email englishlanguage@justice.ie with your Irish visa application reference number so that we can associate your Duolingo English language competence test score with your visa application. The reference number is “IRL” followed by eight digits for example IRL98765432.
Remember we will need to match your name, date of birth, email address and image provided to Duolingo with that information on your visa application

senitop:

Update 26 June 2020.
Summary:
Original documents must be submitted along with a colour copy of all application documents. If you don’t bring the colour copy, then there will be a facility to make a colour copy at the VAC for a nominal fee.
Only long-stay visas ('D' categories) will be processed initially. Short-stay Visas ('C' categories) will not be processed due to ongoing restrictions in Ireland.
Those travelling will be expected to serve a 14 day period of self-isolation upon arrival to Ireland.
The Irish Embassy is pleased to announce the reopening of the Visa Application Centres (VACs) in Abuja and Accra on Monday, 29 June 2020. This is the first stage of a plan to resume full services in the coming months on a phased basis - subject to Irish Government Covid-19 measures and any local restrictions that may be in place.

The operation of these VACs will be carefully monitored by a range of stakeholders including VFS, Immigration Service Delivery (ISD) in Ireland and will be guided by public health advice set by the Irish Health Service Executive (HSE) and World Health Organisation (WHO). An appointment system has been introduced to assist with capacity and social distancing requirements.

Initially, the VACs will only allow long-stay applications to be made ('D' categories – further info below). No tourism or short-stay visas ('C' categories) will be processed at this time due to ongoing Covid-19 restrictions in Ireland. Please be assured that we fully intend to resume our full visa service just as soon as public health concerns have been abated in line with Irish Government policy.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by faithzy(m): 10:00pm On Jun 26, 2020
BabajhideySammy:
With this 14day self isolation, will it be possible for one to stay in all these backpackers hotels considering that they are shared facilities?
It's really not going to be easy and it's not easy to get an apartment from here before leaving
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Preye21: 12:23am On Jun 27, 2020
senitop:

Update 26 June 2020.
Summary:

That means we’d make only one photocopy na.. abi.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 3:09am On Jun 27, 2020
For now all those places are closed
BabajhideySammy:
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 3:10am On Jun 27, 2020
The cheapest fee in Ireland for non EU is 10K
Yads97:
Hi guys please what are the most affordable universities in Ireland? I’ve been searching google but haven’t really made head way. I’ll really appreciate your responses.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Stephanie22: 3:40am On Jun 27, 2020
BabajhideySammy:
Exactly, that has also been an interest.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Stephanie22: 4:03am On Jun 27, 2020
ICaSNg:
Hope we are all staying strong and safe?

Irish visa application requirements for 2020/2021 is currently fluid (Adjusting to fit needs and situation at this time).

Few points we will like to advice you to take note of are:

Including a confirmed accommodation for 2 weeks where you will have access to your personal toilet and bathroom- This is not confirmed yet but will go a long way convincing the visa office that you are willing to self isolate on arrival.

Also, the vfs office may be scanning docs to the Irish Embassy in DUBLIN- processing time is advised at 8 weeks but kindly prepare for 10-12 weeks.

By mid June , I think we should be set to stay putting in visa apps.

Duolingo English test is acceptable by both Universities and the Embassy for this year- If considering a January / Feb 2021 intake, please do not take this test yet for Visa application purpose.

If you will be schooling @ ITSligo and your TOEFL / IELTS is within the last 3 years, then its acceptable for both admissions and visa app* strictly for this school only.

The next weeks will be extremely busy especially from June, but we will try to keep ya'll updated.

Cheers
For the accommodation, what if you share the room but have a separate bathroom and toilet?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Yads97: 8:46am On Jun 27, 2020
seunny4lif:
The cheapest fee in Ireland for non EU is 10K

Thank you very much.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 10:38am On Jun 27, 2020
Augustinecu:
Hi,

You mentioned on a previous post that the Irish Embassy may accept a letter from university in place of the English Test. Is it the university in Nigeria or the Irish university?

For those who have studied in the UK previously
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 10:43am On Jun 27, 2020
senitop:

Update 26 June 2020.
Summary:

In addition, Vfs submission will most likely be by appointments only. Thus applicants have to book an appointment ahead.

Lagos Vfs is still trying to sort out their biometric capturing devices and may open by tuesday 30th hopefully.

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by BabajhideySammy: 10:48am On Jun 27, 2020
ICaSNg:

In addition, Vfs submission will most likely be by appointments only. Thus applicants have to book an appointment ahead.

Lagos Vfs is still trying to sort out their biometric capturing devices and may open by tuesday 30th hopefully.

Cheers

Hi, do you know how the 14days self isolation will be like?, will we be able to lodge in hostels that have other people sharing the rooms because finding apartment from Nigeria is hard
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Yads97: 5:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
Hi good day everyone. Please can I still meet up for September entry? How long does the processing time for Ireland study visa take? Will really appreciate your response. Thank you.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ExpressBooking(m): 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2020
BREAKING NEWS:
ECOWAS Secretariat in a just ended meeting have mandated all ECOWAS member states to reopen their airports and seaports by the 31st July, 2020.
Details of the report out very soon.

Following the meeting of UEMOA and ECOWAS Heads of State on Wednesday, the President of the UEMOA Commission made the following proposal for the opening of borders: -

July 1: opening of ECOWAS land borders; -

July 15: opening of air borders in the ECOWAS region and opening of maritime borders; -

July 22: opening of air borders with all African countries; -

From July 15th to August 1(at the latest): opening of air borders with other continents.

https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/business/ECOWAS-draws-roadmap-for-reopening-of-borders-989788
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by BabajhideySammy: 6:43pm On Jun 27, 2020
ExpressBooking:

BREAKING NEWS:
ECOWAS Secretariat in a just ended meeting have mandated all ECOWAS member states to reopen their airports and seaports by the 31st July, 2020.
Details of the report out very soon.

Following the meeting of UEMOA and ECOWAS Heads of State on Wednesday, the President of the UEMOA Commission made the following proposal for the opening of borders: -

July 1: opening of ECOWAS land borders; -

July 15: opening of air borders in the ECOWAS region and opening of maritime borders; -

July 22: opening of air borders with all African countries; -

From July 15th to August 1(at the latest): opening of air borders with other continents.

https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/business/ECOWAS-draws-roadmap-for-reopening-of-borders-989788
Nice one, if this is confirmed then they should start issuing visas
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2020
BabajhideySammy:

Hi, do you know how the 14days self isolation will be like?, will we be able to lodge in hostels that have other people sharing the rooms because finding apartment from Nigeria is hard

I think that will be acceptable but keep number to max of 4 or 6

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sarina6002: 8:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
I am here in Ireland now. to be honest you will have to wait until july to get a full understanding of what is going on, currently In Ireland we have a 21 days self isolation (not 14 days) but until 9th of July. The prime minister announced yesterday that there will be list of countries published that can come into Ireland without self isolation but the European Union will decide that.

As for hostel accommodation, they are closed until 29th June. In general 29th everything will be opened, we started with phase 1, 2 and 3 we have been successful with dealing the virus, cases for the last one month has been around 4-30 cases. So that’s why the economy will be opened on 29th.

On the accommodation you can get a place, from Nigeria but most landlords will first ask for deposits to keep the place.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sarina6002: 8:34pm On Jun 27, 2020
For those asking for prove of funds and all, I did education bond when coming here and I did not have to show any sponsors account, I paid the 7k euro and Edu sent me a receipt I attached the receipt with my documents I submitted to the embassy, I only get a letter (preferable a letter head I did not show any company’s registration certificate ) from my mom saying what she does and that she is my sponsor and that I have paid my fee and did the education bond.

For those asking for cheap school, Dit is the cheapest, and among the best in the country but around 8-12k (but it’s highly competitive)

Dbs, Griffith is from 11,500 to 13k

Nci, university of limerick and UCC are among the best fee range from 12k to 16k

Trinity and UCD are the best but fee is from 16k to 35k.

Feel free to ask any question

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Preye21: 8:48pm On Jun 27, 2020
Sarina6002:
For those asking for prove of funds and all, I did education bond when coming here and I did not have to show any sponsors account, I paid the 7k euro and Edu sent me a receipt I attached the receipt with my documents I submitted to the embassy, I only get a letter (preferable a letter head I did not show any company’s registration certificate ) from my mom saying what she does and that she is my sponsor and that I have paid my fee and did the education bond.

For those asking for cheap school, Dit is the cheapest, and among the best in the country but around 8-12k (but it’s highly competitive)

Nci, university of limerick and UCC are among the best free range from 12k to 16k

Trinity and UCD are the best but fre is from 16k to 35k.

Thanks for all the information

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Preye21: 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2020
Sarina6002:

Nci, university of limerick and UCC are among the best free range from 12k to 16k

Trinity and UCD are the best but fre is from 16k to 35k.

So you didn’t submit any Financial affidavit? as I heard it’s compulsory. I dunno
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sarina6002: 9:06pm On Jun 27, 2020
Preye21:

So you didn’t submit any Financial affidavit? as I heard it’s compulsory. I dunno

Affidavit no. Maybe it’s all changed but I was given my visa in November 2018.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by BabajhideySammy: 9:24pm On Jun 27, 2020
Sarina6002:
I am here in Ireland now. to be honest you will have to wait until july to get a full understanding of what is going on, currently In Ireland we have a 21 days self isolation (not 14 days) but until 9th of July. The prime minister announced yesterday that there will be list of countries published that can come into Ireland without self isolation but the European Union will decide that.

As for hostel accommodation, they are closed until 29th June. In general 29th everything will be opened, we started with phase 1, 2 and 3 we have been successful with dealing the virus, cases for the last one month has been around 4-30 cases. So that’s why the economy will be opened on 29th.

On the accommodation you can get a place, from Nigeria but most landlords will first ask for deposits to keep the place.

Thanks, the thing is most of the sites for accommodations are not opening here, rent.ie, property.ie
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ExpressBooking(m): 9:49pm On Jun 27, 2020
BabajhideySammy:

Thanks, the thing is most of the sites for accommodations are not opening here, rent.ie, property.ie

Search your playstore for Turbo VPN and if you can download it to your phone and it will automatically adjust ur ip location based on website preferences

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by BabajhideySammy: 10:16pm On Jun 27, 2020
ExpressBooking:

Search your playstore for Turbo VPN and if you can download it to your phone and it will automatically adjust ur ip location based on website preferences

Thank you.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sarina6002: 10:35pm On Jun 27, 2020
BabajhideySammy:

Rent.ie, daft.ie and property.ie will hardly reply your message (even Europeans complain about that as well) and some of my friends even say if you manage to get viewings, they may be very racists or picky and say we will get back to you, property.ie are for people looking to buy not rent.

My advice will be, there is a Facebook group where houses, apartments, rooms and space are advertised by landlords or care takers who are looking for students to rent their place. Check it out and everyday you see people posting ads to rent their place. All the best .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by BabajhideySammy: 11:10pm On Jun 27, 2020
Sarina6002:

Rent.ie, daft.ie and property.ie will hardly reply your message (even Europeans complain about that as well) and some of my friends even say if you manage to get viewings, they may be very racists or picky and say we will get back to you, property.ie are for people looking to buy not rent.

My advice will be, there is a Facebook group where houses, apartments, rooms and space are advertised by landlords or care takers who are looking for students to rent their place. Check it out and everyday you see people posting ads to rent their place. All the best .

Oh, thank you very much for this info. Will look for those groups, if you also names of such grou I’ll appreciate it if you can share then with me. Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sarina6002: 9:29am On Jun 28, 2020
BabajhideySammy:

Oh, thank you very much for this info. Will look for those groups, if you also names of such grou I’ll appreciate it if you can share then with me. Thanks

Try any of these.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Yads97: 9:43am On Jun 28, 2020
Please how long does the Ireland study visa application take to be processed?

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.