Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,483 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (718210 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by verine: 2:40pm On Nov 02, 2020
solalal36:
Hello, I'm planning to apply for postgraduate studies into an affordable Irish university. I've gone online to research on some institutions
However, I need opinions from people that are there or have been there on the choice of universities and course to study.
I studied biochemistry at undergraduate level.. I'm considering applying to a course that will lead me into health related jobs over there
Your opinions will be appreciated
You can look up pharmaceutical business and Technology. At Griffith college. All the best!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by solalal36(m): 3:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
verine:
You can look up pharmaceutical business and Technology. At Griffith college. All the best!
I'm on it.. Thank you
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by quinzypearl: 3:55pm On Nov 02, 2020
verine:

Someone should kindly pls answer my above questions?�
It takes 3-4weeks. Unless you processed for the priority. Which may take 1-2weeks.
Yes, most times you may not get any receipt until the transaction is completed. Then you will get your telex copy which you will send to your school.

Thanks for your reply.. but pls kindly explain what you mean by processes by priority and how it done
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by dappyfresh: 7:02pm On Nov 02, 2020
quinzypearl:

22nd February 2021, Griffith college

Good evening. Please when did you apply to the school. I applied September 21th and i have not gotten response.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Philadelphia: 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2020
solalal36:
Hello, I'm planning to apply for postgraduate studies into an affordable Irish university. I've gone online to research on some institutions
However, I need opinions from people that are there or have been there on the choice of universities and course to study.
I studied biochemistry at undergraduate level.. I'm considering applying to a course that will lead me into health related jobs over there
Your opinions will be appreciated

The bolded is a lie.
You didn't do any research.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by solalal36(m): 12:36am On Nov 03, 2020
Philadelphia:

The bolded is a lie. You didn't do any research.
Really? And how would you know that?

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ctoanadu: 2:03am On Nov 03, 2020
quinzypearl:

They didn't actually tell me the appropriate rate there. according to the manager, she will confirm the rate it is as of today and the correct amount will be what will be deducted from my sponsor account. But I check online I saw 444.98

Document requested form the bank are
* Evidence of admission
* School Bill for the period
* Photocopy of first degree certificate/
Copy of statement of result by awarding institution (post graduate)
* Valid means of ID
Did the bank take additional charges
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Radarada08: 4:04am On Nov 03, 2020
Ghost911:
The engineering sector I will say is booming right now because I work in the engineering field and it's part of the critical skill list.

Hello, I sent you a DM some months ago, wanted to ask you some questions. Please I'll like to find out something. I intend sending my application for post graduate studies at TCD before the end of the month, but I'll like to find out what the initial deposit is.

I noticed that it was mentioned severally even on the scholarship page, that unless an applicant pays the deposit, his/her placement may be withdrawn, basically, after getting an offer, one has to make the initial deposit to secure their placement. But I'm yet to find the actual amount. Can you help me with this information, if you don't mind.
I just want to know, so I can prepare myself.

Thanks.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by obenjamin: 7:45am On Nov 03, 2020
They wont give you anything until the fund habe been payed. Then you can have your Telex copy. You can confirm payment when the fund has been debited from your account

quote author=quinzypearl post=95524614]

Someone should kindly pls answer my above questions?�[/quote]
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mztonya: 9:31am On Nov 03, 2020
Hello Everyone. I need some advice I intend to switch discipline I studied English language in school but I am leaning towards I.T specifically Cloud Computing presently and I have actually seen available diploma courses in NRI and DBS. Now the issue is, would it be worth it to take a diploma course?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by papushe: 12:17pm On Nov 03, 2020
Hi everyone,

My visa has finally been issued. Thank God, thank you Icasng and everyone for their inputs.

Please does anyone live in or around co. Laois? precisely Portlaoise or know anybody living there? I need help with securing accommodation urgently.

Thank you all.

5 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Gab9607: 2:18pm On Nov 03, 2020
GUYS, PLEASE WHAT IS THE VALIDITY PERIOD OF USING DOULINGO TEST?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ghost911: 2:45pm On Nov 03, 2020
Radarada08:
Hello, I sent you a DM some months ago, wanted to ask you some questions. Please, I'll like to find out something. I intend sending my application for postgraduate studies at TCD before the end of the month, but I'll like to find out what the initial deposit is.

I noticed that it was mentioned severally even on the scholarship page, that unless an applicant pays the deposit, his/her placement may be withdrawn, basically, after getting an offer, one has to make the initial deposit to secure their placement. But I'm yet to find the actual amount. Can you help me with this information, if you don't mind.
I just want to know, so I can prepare myself.

Thanks.

Sorry for the late response I didn't receive any mail. However, you can reach me on thesamuelpops@gmail.com.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Radarada08: 9:38pm On Nov 03, 2020
Ghost911:

Sorry for the late response I didn't receive any mail. However, you can reach me on thesamuelpops@gmail.com.
Alright, thank you.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by obenjamin: 9:54pm On Nov 03, 2020
Hello everyone, Pls how many copies of documents are we expected to submit at VFS?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 3:19am On Nov 04, 2020
Mztonya:
Hello Everyone. I need some advice I intend to switch discipline I studied English language in school but I am leaning towards I.T specifically Cloud Computing presently and I have actually seen available diploma courses in NRI and DBS. Now the issue is, would it be worth it to take a diploma course?

To the best of my knowledge, it might be difficult getting a work permit with a diploma course. I think they are counted as level 7 and you need a level 8(BSc) or 9(MSc) to get a post work visa.

Others will chip in though!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 3:19am On Nov 04, 2020
obenjamin:
Hello everyone, Pls how many copies of documents are we expected to submit at VFS?

Your best bet is to go there with 2 sets of coloured copies.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:35am On Nov 04, 2020
papushe:
Hi everyone,

My visa has finally been issued. Thank God, thank you Icasng and everyone for their inputs.

Please does anyone live in or around co. Laois? precisely Portlaoise or know anybody living there? I need help with securing accommodation urgently.

Thank you all.

Thank God. Congratulations.

Wishing you a successful stay.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Generalbong1: 12:11pm On Nov 04, 2020
ICaSNg:

Cheers

Hello Icasng. Please how does someone have access to EUR over there so as not to get stranded. I am planning to travel soon. Do nigerian bank dom account arms work there? And if it's a usd dom can I withdraw eur there or its usd I withdraw and convert to EUR? Please assist urgently.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2020
Generalbong1:

Hello Icasng. Please how does someone have access to EUR over there so as not to get stranded. I am planning to travel soon. Do nigerian bank dom account arms work there? And if it's a usd dom can I withdraw eur there or its usd I withdraw and convert to EUR? Please assist urgently.

You could purchase a few via black market in Nigeria before leaving but should not exceed 10000 USD equivalent or so. Either ways you need few euros to settle in ireland until you open a bank act.

Another way to source for euro is on arrival in ireland, find someone who has Euros and you pay them the Naira equivalent.

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2020
Trying to get affordable schools in Ireland for 2021 at 4m or less ?

Start applying now to MTU(CIT & Tralee's merger kicks in Jan 2021). Most courses require minimum of 2.1 in bachelors degree and others 2.2.

Tuition is 12,000; 25% discount applies at 3000 euros off. Deadline for scholarship discount is Feb 2021, that means overall Tuition fees come down to #4m or less after discount.

Email CITAfrica@cit.ie with a completed Application form attached to this email.

Check https://www.cit.ie/courses for available courses.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ctoanadu: 1:40pm On Nov 04, 2020
Hi Icasng,
After the tuition fees have been paid in full and a 7000 euro education bond has been done. Can a balance of 4million in your sponsors account be enough to help secure an irish student visa or rather show sufficient proof of funds.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 1:52pm On Nov 04, 2020
ctoanadu:
Hi Icasng,
After the tuition fees have been paid in full and a 7000 euro education bond has been done. Can a balance of 4million in your sponsors account be enough to help secure an irish student visa or rather show sufficient proof of funds.

Yes, however more important issues to sort will be proof of relationship to sponsor as well as proof of employment and income of sponsors.

All the best
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ExpressBooking(m): 3:42pm On Nov 04, 2020
Generalbong1:

If you have a Nigerian domiciliary account with card, you can use that card anywhere here in Ireland without limitations. The currency conversion is usually done by mastercard or Visa. Irrespective of the preferred currency of ur Nigerian domiciliary account, you can use the ATM card to withdraw as much as u have in the account. No need to cross convert the currency, you will loose value
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by papushe: 7:44pm On Nov 04, 2020
Amen. Thank you.

ICaSNg:

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ctoanadu: 2:44am On Nov 05, 2020
Hi, Icasng
Please how do you process a euro edubond?
Can it be done using a naira account in Nigerian banks using a form A or do I have to get the euros in the black market and credit a euro account.
Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Generalbong1: 3:35am On Nov 05, 2020
ExpressBooking:

If you have a Nigerian domiciliary account with card, you can use that card anywhere here in Ireland without limitations. The currency conversion is usually done by mastercard or Visa. Irrespective of the preferred currency of ur Nigerian domiciliary account, you can use the ATM card to withdraw as much as u have in the account. No need to cross convert the currency, you will loose value

Thanks for this. Can I further clarify. So if I have usd in my nigerian dom, when i get to the atm in ireland will i get eur out of it?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mztonya: 10:16am On Nov 05, 2020
Oh, what to do then � thanks for replying
Dwebb55:

To the best of my knowledge, it might be difficult getting a work permit with a diploma course. I think they are counted as level 7 and you need a level 8(BSc) or 9(MSc) to get a post work visa.

Others will chip in though!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Akinsu: 12:38pm On Nov 05, 2020
quinzypearl:

22nd February 2021, Griffith college
oh nice I’m currently in Griffith College
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Akinsu: 12:41pm On Nov 05, 2020
quinzypearl:

Thanks for your reply.. but pls kindly explain what you mean by processes by priority and how it done
I don’t know how others did theirs but I paid my school fees in March through UBA and it took only 3days, the payment receipt and electronic transfer copy was given to me when the transaction was completed.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Akinsu: 12:43pm On Nov 05, 2020
Generalbong1:

Thanks for this. Can I further clarify. So if I have usd in my nigerian dom, when i get to the atm in ireland will i get eur out of it?
Nope, that’s why there’s a Euro Dorm. If you have a Euro Dorm then you can use it anyhow you want. You can also sell your Naira here if you want.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Akinsu: 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2020
ExpressBooking:

This was my chat with UBA and I truly tried it didn’t work

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.