Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (719583 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lankool86: 2:36pm On May 27, 2018
To those who are going to Griffith college and has submitted their visa application just like me.....I contacted Ciarán Coakley(the regional marketing and recruitment manager) on the 22nd may 2018 about my visa application submission via email and he replied stating that he met with the visa office team in Abuja the previous week....

Does any one who is also going Griffith college get the same email reply from him, and does that mean Griffith college has some sort of influence on visa outcome??

I'm so nervous and curious taking into consideration of the huge money and time invested in this process so one gotta be successful.

Between I had my diploma degree in the UK, will the English requirements be waived for me? although I had included my IELTS result I took last last year June with the overall band as 6.5

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by uckennety(m): 4:36pm On May 27, 2018
oggysena:
Hello everyone, Happy Sunday. I have been asked to appeal my student visa, am a bit confused on how to send the appeal. Am I still going through vfs or am sending directly to the Irish embassy? I really need assistance from anyone that’s has done this before.

What's the reason for the refusal
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by oggysena: 6:08pm On May 27, 2018
uckennety:

uckennety:

They want me to provide the statement of Account which my fees was paid from, which Wasnt what I used for my visa application and then again explained why am applying for a masters program now but before now, I applied for a vocational program in Australia which I was refused.
And lastly employment letter from places I worked Inda past.

I still have a glimmer of hope since am being asked to appeal the visa. Australia don’t play like that though, those guys are no different from Canadians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by moe0164: 11:59pm On May 27, 2018
ICaSNg:

If your overall tuition fee is within the range of 11,000 to 12,500 ; Yes you can do that however, its important to have the right proof of funds and amount required in the account.
Cheers
Hi ICaSNg. ..When you say have the required amount/ proof of funds...Do you mean one must have or show the remaining 6k (or more as the tuition may be) plus living cost? Or one can show the living cost alone
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 1:01pm On May 28, 2018
If you claim you work or have been out of school for long they need to see your source of income
uckennety:

Is it necessary to show your own bank acc?

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by LordSir1: 4:18pm On May 28, 2018
hello house I intend studying in Ireland (msc electrical engr.) but from what I've been able to gather Ireland is heavy inclined to the IT and finance sector. I'll like to know the job prospects of of a power system or automation engineer (something Industrial) in Ireland , your advice and insight would be very much appreciated.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Asqme: 7:37pm On May 28, 2018
abuhusna1:
Why are you trolling this page as if they asked for any favour from you even icasng who is sure and have visible office has not been disturbing anyone please look else where as their is no free things in free town

@ abuhusna1 Many thanks for your kind words! smiley
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Jonghyunwife: 1:13am On May 30, 2018
Hello. I am a bit confused. I got an offer to NCI for September and just paid my fees in full. Unfortunately i haven't had a job since i graduated almost 4 years ago. How do i explain in the visa process? Also must they see my personal bank statement or the statement of my sponsor is enough? Please help.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 2:01am On May 30, 2018
Jonghyunwife:
Hello. I am a bit confused. I got an offer to NCI for September and just paid my fees in full. Unfortunately i haven't had a job since i graduated almost 4 years ago. How do i explain in the visa process? Also must they see my personal bank statement or the statement of my sponsor is enough? Please help.
Not even a teaching job that can give you reference letter to the embassy.
If you don't want to use bank statement of your own use education bond Ireland
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nasalino: 6:17pm On May 31, 2018
Good afternoon house. Please I finished nysc in 2017, I am going applying for visa to Griffith college for this September. I have been working for my dad since I left nysc. I wanted to know if a offer of employment from my dads company will be okay to show employment history in visa application as I do not have any other company or experience to use.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 4:51am On Jun 01, 2018
Nasalino:
Good afternoon house. Please I finished nysc in 2017, I am going applying for visa to Griffith college for this September. I have been working for my dad since I left nysc. I wanted to know if a offer of employment from my dads company will be okay to show employment history in visa application as I do not have any other company or experience to use.
If he pays you salary from the company account he can give you employment letter tell us here
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nasalino: 6:52am On Jun 01, 2018
abuhusna1:

If he pays you salary from the company account he can give you employment letter tell us here
Yeah I was on a #20,000 salary. I included my personal statement of account to show this
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 1:22pm On Jun 01, 2018
Nasalino:

Yeah I was on a #20,000 salary. I included my personal statement of account to show this
It's OK then collect the employment letter, payslip and add its a plus for your application no matter how little since you are not sponsoring the study yourself and if you have any lump amount of money that entered your account please explain it with proof
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by mavinc4u(f): 12:43am On Jun 02, 2018
From what I have read here so far, it Ireland denies student visa a lot.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 02, 2018
Please I don't know if anyone is in same issue with me. It's been close to a month now since I completed the passport application process at the festac immigration passport office and till date the passport isn't ready yet. The immigration passport office officials are saying the paper used in producing the passport isn't available. This has slowed down my pace in continuing with the application process at DBS webpage.
Please is there anyone in same situation as mine here? Is there anyone here that has a clue as to what can be done to fast-track the passport production? I know this is NIGERIA and anything seems literary possible.
Any tangible information will be well appreciated.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by mavinc4u(f): 9:19pm On Jun 02, 2018
Johnny99:
Hello guys anyone planning on coming to Griffith college limerick campus can pm me

i got your pm. please give me gist about Ireland, is it free tuition or paid?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by mar19: 11:13am On Jun 03, 2018
foreverkind1:
@mar19
Pls bro tell us your Cgpa,lets know whether we stand a chance bro and how did you go about the admission too? Was it the school that offered you the scholarship or its a seperate organization ,thanks .�

Did you get the scholarship? Have you applied for your visa?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by veramani31: 7:05pm On Jun 03, 2018
Guys what's going on. No news, this thread is kinda deserted. Was refused by UCD and TCD. Hoping DIT and DKIT give favourable news this week. What's up with y'all
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 03, 2018
veramani31:
Guys what's going on. No news, this thread is kinda deserted. Was refused by UCD and TCD. Hoping DIT and DKIT give favourable news this week. What's up with y'all

What's their reason for the refusal? Care to let us know so we take note too?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 03, 2018
ICaSNg:
HND Qualifications ---Do we stand a chance to study in Ireland ?
==================================================

I'll be addressing getting an admission offer in Irish Universities with a Higher National Diploma (HND) Result today.

I've received significant number of queries which includes: Can a HND graduate apply to study in Ireland? to Duration of studies for HND graduates.

Yes, as a HND graduate you can study almost anywhere in the world once you have the required funds available. Securing an admission offer for HND graduate is similar to BSc gradautes with a third class degree especially for Republic of Ireland and Canada .

Such can either opt for a top-up degree which can be between 1 to 2 years or a 1 year Postgraduate diploma (PGD) route.
Because unlike the UK, Ireland offers a 4 year undergraduate program for BSc-Honours (unlike the UK where BSc is 3 years); depending on your transcripts or grades , you can be offered 1-year top up degree or 2 years if your results are not satisfactory enough.

Some Universities however have the PGD route available to both HND qualification holders or 3rd Class BSc graduates; program duration is 1 year and you still entitled to the post-study work visa if you successfully complete your program.

FAQs
====
1. Ireland has 2 categories of BSc - Ordinary BSc- level 7 (Program duration is 3 years) and BSc Honors- level 8 (Program duration is 4 years)
Post-study work visa for bachelors degree is 1 year.

2. PGD : Postgraduate diploma in Ireland is equivalent to NFQ Level 9 similar to MA/MSc/MBA - hopefully this category is also entitled to 2 years work permit after graduation.

3. It is worthwhile to mention that studying in Ireland in terms of financial capability is similar to the UK especially when it comes to Tuition fees and living costs.
4. Tuition fees for UG programs in Ireland is between EUR 10,500 and up to EUR 35,000 per year depending on your choice of program or University.

5. Living costs is between EUR 7,000 AND EUR 11,000 depending on where your University is. If in Dublin City, you're expected to have EUR 11,000 to cover your living expenses for duration of your Postgraduate program.

Application/Admission requirements (As I've earlier stated in the Thread) is similar for either UG or PG programs :

1. CV
2. SOP
3. O-level results
4. Transcripts
5. Valid passport datapage
6. Passport photograph
7. 6-months bank statement ; Yours or your sponsor (This should show proof you have enough in Naira equivalent to cover both your Tuition fees and living expenses).
8. Application charges as stated by individual University
9. English proficiency test results *** Should be less than 2 years at the time of application---Exception however if you currently hold a bachelors degree from the UK, US or Canada.

Best Regards

Please how much equivalent in naira should be as balance in the statement of account for someone planning to school in Dublin? A response from you will be appreciated.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 12:01am On Jun 04, 2018
ICaSNg:

Tuition fee is EUR 12,500 . bearing in mind you need IELTS for DBS.

***We also offer 100% free services on Irish admissions

Cheers
Please does this mean one cannot use PTE for admission in DBS? Please clarify me on this. Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 12:39am On Jun 04, 2018
ceceliaa34:
Hi everyone. My visa was approved today! Processing time: 3 weeks and 4 days. I wanna say thanks to everyone on this forum that helped out in one way or another.

I'm so glad I didn't give up after my Canadian refusal. Some people thought I was crazy applying for visa on the 21st of December when school resumes January 2018, looks like my 'craze' paid off in the end, God be praised!

Who else is going to DBS?
Please how has it been like schooling at DBS? Also how are you coping with the high accommodation? A firsthand information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by veramani31: 9:18am On Jun 04, 2018
partnerus:

What's their reason for the refusal? Care to let us know so we take note too?
Most likely spaces were not available. So it's best to apply early
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 04, 2018
veramani31:

Most likely spaces were not available. So it's best to apply early
Thanks for the info
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 8:11pm On Jun 04, 2018
partnerus:

Please does this mean one cannot use PTE for admission in DBS? Please clarify me on this. Thanks
U can use Pte in facts it is the only one with lowest required score for visa which is 30
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 04, 2018
abuhusna1:

U can use Pte in facts it is the only one with lowest required score for visa which is 30
Thanks very much. God bless.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by mavinc4u(f): 11:41pm On Jun 04, 2018
Johnny99:

Yh I have settled but like someone said it’s not as fast as Canada London etc but it’s a nice place

My dear, my number is on my signature and is also on whatsapp, you can contact me through the means. Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by donwilz(m): 2:11pm On Jun 05, 2018
Hello all, I submitted my documents on the 1st at the vfs office in Abuja. Was admitted to Griffith College Cork. Any other comrades ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.